Okay, here we go. Finally got some time to upload these images
Started by dealing with a little nail from gluing the keyboard bottom. Not that big of a deal when you just use some spackle!
Bam! Problem solved
Then I glued the keyboard tray together
Solid as a rock!
Then I glued the corner piece together
I propped up the large corner area up with some scrap 3/4" ply and slid the keyboard tray underneath for gluing, then just add some nails and it's done!
While I waited for that to dry, I went and cut some 3/4" strips from a square dowel for assembly with nails, so I can take it apart for moving.
At this point I changed my design slightly so that the thin shear supports will be moved towards the center of the desk to instead support the desk itself for sagging.
I will instead rely on thick particle board for shear support, as the thin supports before wouldn't supply enough reverse torque to counter any shear, it would've all gone to the board anyway.
Then I flipped the whole thing over so that I could start the construction. This is where I moved the previously named shear supports towards the center of the desk, now I guess they're sag supports
Did some more cutting to size and added more strips
Everyone propped up and ready for assembly
Now with 7/32" particle board!
Cutting the board to length
Now starting to assemble everything with screws. Had to drill a lot of them in diagonally because my drill wouldn't fit
Hooray! IT IS ALIVE... figuratively.
Last but not least I drilled a hole for cables in the corner
There we go, I got the desk all assembled and it's really strong! I'll be sanding it for a while and then I'll paint it soon. I don't think I need to take pictures of sanding, it's really pretty boring
Thanks for the support, I'm still feeling eager as ever to get this station finished!