Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Software News › [3D Guru] MSI Afterburner 2.2.0 Final Release
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[3D Guru] MSI Afterburner 2.2.0 Final Release - Page 10

post #91 of 125
Whoa, whoa, a little respect for the Rivatuner creator here, guys. He did the groundwork for both these applications and I respect what he has to say... He doesn't want to be running around after MSI and doing PR work for them when his job is to code the hard stuff, not design. From a programmers POV... having to do a designers work is frustrating because that's not your area of expertise!

As for the skins, it wouldn't be difficult to create more if you know what you're doing. The community at large can get together and do that if they want, and, this is a free program!

edit:

and if you're reading this... I use eVGA's program because I can get the Android app to work with my phone. That's the sole reason. Both are great applications imho and they do the same job!
Edited by Rubers - 4/21/12 at 2:23am
The Riginator
(20 items)
 
 
Wife's Rig
(5 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Qualcomm Snapdragon S600 Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3 NAND Storage 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 32GB MicroSD Android 4.4.2 KitKat 5 inch (441ppi) 1080x1920 Super AMOLED SwiftKey 
Power
2600mAh Battery 
  hide details  
Reply
The Riginator
(20 items)
 
 
Wife's Rig
(5 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Qualcomm Snapdragon S600 Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3 NAND Storage 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 32GB MicroSD Android 4.4.2 KitKat 5 inch (441ppi) 1080x1920 Super AMOLED SwiftKey 
Power
2600mAh Battery 
  hide details  
Reply
post #92 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizonian View Post

Re: Comments on Skin Changes - Guru3D Source
Quote:
A few words on skins changes.
No, it is not a "fail and broken release after 15 bugged betas" like it is declared in different AB-haters clubs like overclock.net.

*snip*

Alexey Nicolaychuk aka Unwinder, RivaTuner creator

wth.gif

That comment from Mr.Unwinder buttkick.gif about Overlock.net is complete FAIL' thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

I can't tell you how many thousands of posts I've read by OCN members suggesting AB as the software utility to use even to owners of GPU's from different vendors as the 'preferred software over clocking utility' to use.

We've got OCN members who have suggested AB to Sapphire, EVGA, ASUS owners over their own purchased vendors GPU's who supply their consumers with their own brand of over clocking utilities! Should have had an 'AB Default Statement' link option on the top of 'Editor' it's said so much.

Mr. Unwinder calling OCN members out to be '"AB-haters" about his skins is slanderous wrong. We're free to voice ourselves within TOS rules and we do not have a thread deticated to AB Haters.

If something is wrong or right with a product of any type we point it out. I guess he's not been around OCN long enough to know how highly we think of AB as the main tool for over clocking our GPU's. thinking.gif

If we're finding bugs in the AB 2.2.0 version then it's not our fail for pointing it out but MSI dev team for not getting it right and to fix it. MSI AB 2.2.0 version leaves a lot to be undesired as it's got major bugs right now.

Wow, I didn't know if a few of us commented on something, it had so much weight. headscratch.gif

I'm going to use the over clocking utility from the vendor I've purchased my GPU from now on that's working 100% correctly for me and not looking back. It's still a Riva Tuner and fortunately at least the EVGA Pecision X version works great now.

Beside then skin looks so much cooler. rolleyes.gif

I could care less what a skin looks like when I'm over clocking my $500 video card that cost as much as my CPU & Motherboard combined together. thumb.gif

You know you people can use 2.1 right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farih View Post

Still doesnt work for me frown.gif
In CF whenever i change a setting in MSI AB my PC freeze's up.

Asus GPU Tweak seems to be the only thing that kind of works for me in CF frown.gif

Do you have CCC installed? Is it running? Have you tried disabling CCC from running?
 
Just another BF3
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A8-3850 Llano Asus F1A75-V PRO APU 8GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
120GB V3 MAX IOPS, 12TB External Lian Li EX-50 Lite-On iHBS112-29, Pioneer BDR-206DBKS Stock Windows 7 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Sony 54.6" XBR HX929 Logitech MK550 Seasonic X650 GOLD Lian Li PC-B25FWB 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech MK550 Ikea Leather mouse pad Onboard 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K (4.6GHz) ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe MSI R6970 Lightning 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Vertex 3 240GB, 12TB External Lian Li EX-50 2x Samsung SH-S223F NZXT Havik 140 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung P2570 CM Storm Trigger Seasonic X750 GOLD Lian Li PC-P80NB 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G400 (the new MX518) NuPad Leather Mouse Pad Asus Xonar Essence ST (UNi drivers 1.41) 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Just another BF3
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A8-3850 Llano Asus F1A75-V PRO APU 8GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
120GB V3 MAX IOPS, 12TB External Lian Li EX-50 Lite-On iHBS112-29, Pioneer BDR-206DBKS Stock Windows 7 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Sony 54.6" XBR HX929 Logitech MK550 Seasonic X650 GOLD Lian Li PC-B25FWB 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech MK550 Ikea Leather mouse pad Onboard 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K (4.6GHz) ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe MSI R6970 Lightning 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Vertex 3 240GB, 12TB External Lian Li EX-50 2x Samsung SH-S223F NZXT Havik 140 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung P2570 CM Storm Trigger Seasonic X750 GOLD Lian Li PC-P80NB 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G400 (the new MX518) NuPad Leather Mouse Pad Asus Xonar Essence ST (UNi drivers 1.41) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #93 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizonian View Post

Re: Comments on Skin Changes - Guru3D Source
Quote:
A few words on skins changes.
No, it is not a "fail and broken release after 15 bugged betas" like it is declared in different AB-haters clubs like overclock.net.
*snip*
Alexey Nicolaychuk aka Unwinder, RivaTuner creator
wth.gif
That comment from Mr.Unwinder buttkick.gif about Overlock.net is complete FAIL' thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif
I can't tell you how many thousands of posts I've read by OCN members suggesting AB as the software utility to use even to owners of GPU's from different vendors as the 'preferred software over clocking utility' to use.
We've got OCN members who have suggested AB to Sapphire, EVGA, ASUS owners over their own purchased vendors GPU's who supply their consumers with their own brand of over clocking utilities! Should have had an 'AB Default Statement' link option on the top of 'Editor' it's said so much.
Mr. Unwinder calling OCN members out to be '"AB-haters" about his skins is slanderous wrong. We're free to voice ourselves within TOS rules and we do not have a thread deticated to AB Haters.
If something is wrong or right with a product of any type we point it out. I guess he's not been around OCN long enough to know how highly we think of AB as the main tool for over clocking our GPU's. thinking.gif
If we're finding bugs in the AB 2.2.0 version then it's not our fail for pointing it out but MSI dev team for not getting it right and to fix it. MSI AB 2.2.0 version leaves a lot to be undesired as it's got major bugs right now.
Wow, I didn't know if a few of us commented on something, it had so much weight. headscratch.gif
I'm going to use the over clocking utility from the vendor I've purchased my GPU from now on that's working 100% correctly for me and not looking back. It's still a Riva Tuner and fortunately at least the EVGA Pecision X version works great now.
Beside then skin looks so much cooler. rolleyes.gif
I could care less what a skin looks like when I'm over clocking my $500 video card that cost as much as my CPU & Motherboard combined together. thumb.gif

I think Unwinder is fed up with hearing the same snarky comments and dealing with rude people over the Internet. It is likely annoying for him to read such comments after the thousandth time. Everyone is human.
post #94 of 125
@ KIKKO
You know you people can use 2.1 right?
How can I go back to 2.1?
post #95 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killermod1 View Post

@ KIKKO
You know you people can use 2.1 right?
How can I go back to 2.1?

First run 'Uninstall' 2.2.0 then find past releases of 2.1.0 and reload.
     
  hide details  
Reply
     
  hide details  
Reply
post #96 of 125
I installed version 2.2.0 directly over the beta 15 version. I still have all my skins and no issues that I am aware of as of yet.
Phantom
(25 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX 8320 Asus Crosshair Formula V EVGA GTX 660 Sig 2 EVGA GTX 660 Sig 2 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill 8 GBs DDR3 Seagate Samsung OCZ Solid 3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
OCZ Solid 3 Samsung DVD RW with Lightscribe XSPC Dual bay pump/res XSPC Delta V3 CPU Block 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Phobya Compression Fittings Black Ice Xtreme II 240mm Radiator Koolance BKT-HX001 Radiator Mounting Bracket Various versions of Linux 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows of some sort Acer 27" LED LCD  Samsung 19" LCD Saitek Cyborg 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
HEC 1080 800 watt NZXT Phantom Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball Philips AmBX Complete System 
Audio
Creative Omni Sound Blaster USB 
  hide details  
Reply
Phantom
(25 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX 8320 Asus Crosshair Formula V EVGA GTX 660 Sig 2 EVGA GTX 660 Sig 2 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill 8 GBs DDR3 Seagate Samsung OCZ Solid 3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
OCZ Solid 3 Samsung DVD RW with Lightscribe XSPC Dual bay pump/res XSPC Delta V3 CPU Block 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Phobya Compression Fittings Black Ice Xtreme II 240mm Radiator Koolance BKT-HX001 Radiator Mounting Bracket Various versions of Linux 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows of some sort Acer 27" LED LCD  Samsung 19" LCD Saitek Cyborg 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
HEC 1080 800 watt NZXT Phantom Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball Philips AmBX Complete System 
Audio
Creative Omni Sound Blaster USB 
  hide details  
Reply
post #97 of 125
Quote:
http://cdn.overclock.net/a/a8/a8f59cc8_afterburner.png

this is my max overclock without score drops at 3dmark11

the core voltage is at +137 mv (1150-1013)

but if i use the 2.2.0 version and the same settings scores drop to original non ovc scores

can some one explain me whats happening?

i tried to increase and decrease voltage and results were always the same....

can some one help
phantom
(11 items)
 
  
Reply
phantom
(11 items)
 
  
Reply
post #98 of 125
@ Arizonian Thanks! thumb.gif
post #99 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizonian View Post

First run 'Uninstall' 2.2.0 then find past releases of 2.1.0 and reload.

Dude, that's the problem, where the hell do you find 2.1.0? Every links were updated to 2.2.0
MSI AB don't even keep older download link, which is really weird. Normally every software maker keep at least the last version uploaded...
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790k MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X 2x8gb ADATA 2133MHz CL10 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Mushkin 1 TB SSD & Samsung F3 spinpoint 1 TB MCP655A + 2 x MCP320 + EK supreme copper Win10 Corsair K70 Lux 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 750W Bitphenix Monstrous water cooling case Logitech G9X 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790k MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X 2x8gb ADATA 2133MHz CL10 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Mushkin 1 TB SSD & Samsung F3 spinpoint 1 TB MCP655A + 2 x MCP320 + EK supreme copper Win10 Corsair K70 Lux 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 750W Bitphenix Monstrous water cooling case Logitech G9X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #100 of 125
Bet you could find 2.1 with a quick Google search...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Software News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Software News › [3D Guru] MSI Afterburner 2.2.0 Final Release