Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Software News › [CNN] Microsoft's master plan to beat Apple and Google
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[CNN] Microsoft's master plan to beat Apple and Google - Page 7

post #61 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaXxJaPxX View Post

well google is 1/2 the way there. MS has Bing, windows, smartphones, and xbox. Google just need to throw around some million to create there own OS(maybe a desktop version of android, which they kind of already have) and a gaming console. Easily just call the console "The Google", and that would be that
a Google console would fail .. or at least never dent Xbox PlayStation and as far as a "Google OS" Linux would still destroy it.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk
9143
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k 1.22V 4.7Ghz OC AIR 59C load ASUS Z170-A Gigabyte 7870 1100/1200 OC Crucial Sport 8GB 2400 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
BX100 250GB Windows 10 64 bit Anti Beacon Asus VH242H Supernova 550 Evga 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Air 540 Logitech G400 A black one Cyber Acoustics Speakers 
AudioAudio
Scarlett 2i2 Status HD headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
9143
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k 1.22V 4.7Ghz OC AIR 59C load ASUS Z170-A Gigabyte 7870 1100/1200 OC Crucial Sport 8GB 2400 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
BX100 250GB Windows 10 64 bit Anti Beacon Asus VH242H Supernova 550 Evga 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Air 540 Logitech G400 A black one Cyber Acoustics Speakers 
AudioAudio
Scarlett 2i2 Status HD headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
post #62 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpi2007 View Post

Don't you guys hate the fact that Microsoft is trying to tell people how to use their computers ? I don't like the approach one single bit. This is not being innovative, it's being dictatorial. They sound a bit mad at times, really. Well, like most dictators do, anyway.

In other news, PC sales - yes, those PCs we use with a keyboard and mouse, are up. It's even on the OCN news reel.

It's funny, if they looked at just about everything else relating to technology, the stuff that lets us change anything to suit our personal selves and is much more convenient for a good price always tends to win, MS is going the opposite way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance47 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpi2007 View Post

Don't you guys hate the fact that Microsoft is trying to tell people how to use their computers ? I don't like the approach one single bit. This is not being innovative, it's being dictatorial. They sound a bit mad at times, really. Well, like most dictators do, anyway.
In other news, PC sales - yes, those PCs we use with a keyboard and mouse, are up. It's even on the OCN news reel.

Your point is moot because no one is forcing you to buy a Microsoft product, that is a choice that you make. Its not like Steve Ballmer is sitting there with a gun to your head telling you to buy their product or he'll blow your brains out.

Ultimately, if you don't like the product, don't buy it. Simple as that. No use sitting here complaining about it when you are the one with the power. MS can't force you to buy it, its a choice you make.

See, that works in theory but what if program A, B and C that I actually need all are only Windows 8 compatible? Then you have to run it. It won't happen for a while, but it will eventually...
Quote:
Originally Posted by votum View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsunx View Post

No you are not.
"I wan't an iphone that's too big for my pocket, and I can't make calls with it"
xbox drive.

Xbox isn't X86 right?

Means it won't work no matter what on an x86 pc.

However they say next xbox will be x86, which will make it a pc, and there shou ld be no reason you cant play them on your pc. Probably some MS lockdown that hackers will beat though.

Emulation. It's why some chinese MIPS CPUs can run x86 code at >70% efficiency. If MS made a way of converting GPU calls from X360 to DX11 on PC, that'd get rid of a lot of overhead that console emulation requires currently.


As for the story, Windows Phone isn't really going to properly take off, it's too little too late. Most people have already invested in Android and iOS too much to switch and there's not enough motive to rebuy all those apps...Sure, the similarities, etc between Windows 8 and Windows Phone will be nice but most people (Average Joe's included) don't like the look of Metro and Windows 7 is just too damn good at the moment to be beaten by Windows 8. MS really shot themselves in the foot with that...Hell, apart from Windows, IE (Occasionally) and Office the only MS technology/service that I've seen people use is Hotmail. Out of everyone I know, they only use hotmail now because they made the account before gmail and didn't want to have to put everything across. Windows; because they don't like Mac and don't know about Linux, plus everything they have on it works. Same about IE and Office (Although Libreoffice doesn't really compare...)

Not many of them use MS products because they genuinely think they're the best in a large market. They think they're the best of two or the only product.
My system
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz ASRock Z77 Pro3 Powercolor Radeon HD7950 3GB @ 1150/1350 4x4GB G.Skill Ares 2000Mhz CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 250GB Western Digital Black 1TB WD1002FAEX Seagate Barracuda 3TB ST3000DM001 Samsung Spinpoint EcoGreen 2TB 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Pioneer DVR-220LBKS Noctua NH-D14 Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850rpm Corsair AF140 Quiet Edition 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Arcitc Cooling Acclero Twin Turbo II Arch Linux x86-64, amdgpu BenQ G2220HD BenQ G2020HD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine III Year of the Snake, Cherry Blue Silverstone Strider Plus 600w CoolerMaster CM690 II Black and White SteelSeries Sensei Professional 
Mouse PadAudioOther
Artisan Hien Mid Japan Black Large ASUS Xonar DX NZXT Sentry Mesh 30w Fan Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
My system
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz ASRock Z77 Pro3 Powercolor Radeon HD7950 3GB @ 1150/1350 4x4GB G.Skill Ares 2000Mhz CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 250GB Western Digital Black 1TB WD1002FAEX Seagate Barracuda 3TB ST3000DM001 Samsung Spinpoint EcoGreen 2TB 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Pioneer DVR-220LBKS Noctua NH-D14 Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850rpm Corsair AF140 Quiet Edition 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Arcitc Cooling Acclero Twin Turbo II Arch Linux x86-64, amdgpu BenQ G2220HD BenQ G2020HD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine III Year of the Snake, Cherry Blue Silverstone Strider Plus 600w CoolerMaster CM690 II Black and White SteelSeries Sensei Professional 
Mouse PadAudioOther
Artisan Hien Mid Japan Black Large ASUS Xonar DX NZXT Sentry Mesh 30w Fan Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
post #63 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomizer View Post

The last operating system I needed to re-install every 6 months (and that was stretching it out almost too long) was Windows ME. Surely you aren't demoting all later editions of Windows to that level. An operating system should be able to run for years without a re-install. My current Win 7 installation is from Feb 2010, and the only reason it's not in good shape is because I somewhat deliberately broke it. It's almost vanilla as well; my last Windows updates were from Dec 2010 and I'm not running any SP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordikon View Post

I've never had to do a reinstall on Vista or W7. I've had my Vista laptop for 6 years, W7 machine for 1.5 years.
Good backup habits for me means putting all media on non-OS drives, and making a compressed copy of that media it on another external drive every month.


It's not like I'm getting system crashing errors, but things definitely start to slow down after six months for me, and there's usually a bug or two that get fixed along the way (last time my track pad stopped working, and I'm pretty sure I tried re-installing the drivers).
post #64 of 65
Asian have ios android and wp all on same device.some should tell them they ll run into compatibility issue.lol
post #65 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveHighDPI View Post

It's not like I'm getting system crashing errors, but things definitely start to slow down after six months for me...

Same here, although I have an SSD which reduces the impact of Windows rot noticeably, which is why I haven't bothered to re-install.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 D0 MSI X58 Pro-E GTX 560 Ti 448 3x2GB G.Skill DDR3-1333 9-9-9-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
840 Pro Caviar Black LG BD-ROM Windows 8.1 Pro x64 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2713HM Dell U2311H Turbo-Trak (Google it :D) Corsair HX-520 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CM690 Mionix Avior 7000 Everglide Titan AKG K 242 HD 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 D0 MSI X58 Pro-E GTX 560 Ti 448 3x2GB G.Skill DDR3-1333 9-9-9-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
840 Pro Caviar Black LG BD-ROM Windows 8.1 Pro x64 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2713HM Dell U2311H Turbo-Trak (Google it :D) Corsair HX-520 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CM690 Mionix Avior 7000 Everglide Titan AKG K 242 HD 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Software News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Software News › [CNN] Microsoft's master plan to beat Apple and Google