Hi all, here is the final update of the work that I had to do for the AT-AT!
Started work on the laser assembly for in the head. The head was well designed with multiple layers , hats off to the people at HASBRO !!!
I had to remove the leds that were in the lasre cannons and drill holes for the laser ligtht to get out !
The lasers had to be taped down and calibrated to fit exactly through the holes and not deviate to much when aimed at the wall. Cant have them pesky rebels escape cause we cant aim properly !
Installed a couple of red leds to light up the front window
I use a TSOP 1838 IR receiver to analyse the output of a old remote (from a broken hdmi switcher) and program the arduino to shoot the lasers at different patterns.
Found a nice place to store the Arduino also.
Last electrical check, yes everything works, now lets install the hardware and connect the watercooling stuff.
Filling station. The res I use to fill it up is on the top. Cause the input of liquid is directly in front of the pump, it wont run dry. Only thing was the air inside the system. Took a while before everything got out.
And there we have it, fully filled up and operational.
OH NO !!! I had to change out a fitting cause it was leaking and during that some liquid got trapped inside the aux 12v connector of the motehrboard. When the case was upright it didnt short anything. When the case was on its side ... IT DID !!!
So long Motherboard, CPU and GPU !!!!
So with 2 days left before the LAN party it was stress time !! Had to remove all the affected hardware and replace with new.
Hmm, which one was the broken one again ... DAMN !!!
And test out if everything worked again ... Luckely it did !
But after all the stress and driving around the country to get the exact parts I needed, with 2 hours left before the beginning of the LAN party I could relax. Its finished !!!
Now one last big job, how to get it to the party ... The same technique Luke used to trip one over, I used to keep it steady ... LOL
At the party some final adjustments (a piece of plastic inside the PSU kept touching the fan causing a terrible annoying high pitch sounds)
But there it is, I made it !
Now back at my house, I am redesigning my office. I have changed the hardware layout a little. The GPU is out and replace with 3 x 2 Tb HDD (just barely fitted) and its functioning as my NAS ! Probably one of the few watercooled NAS out there ...
With the USS EURISKO and the AT-AT my office got a upgrade !
And that was it ! Look here for the full highres picture log of the lan party "The Party 10"
I will be covering the base with styrene and maybe do some airbrushing to liven up the exterior of the AT-AT so keep posted for updates !
Hope you enjoyed the build as much as I did and I am already working on the next one !