Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Gigabyte GA-X79-UD3 not resuming from sleep, boot loops
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gigabyte GA-X79-UD3 not resuming from sleep, boot loops

post #1 of 5
Thread Starter 
I have a GA-X79-UD3 with latest F10 bios that fails to resume from s3 sleep and will go into a boot loop. It will do this about 20% of the time. The other 80% it will wake up fine. It usually fails after long 8+ hours of sleep (but not always). So far ive tried raising RAM voltage from stock 1.5 to 1.55, enabled XMP profile; turned of Internall CPU overvoltage; made sure all my drivers and everything was current. Nothing fixes it. Is it a Microsoft problem or some sort of hardware conflict? Thanks for any help anyone can offer, im really at the end of the road as far as trying to fix this myself.
Edited by Tank997 - 4/19/12 at 3:40pm
post #2 of 5
really, no answer?

Hello, I actually came into this forum to post some OC and talk about settings,
but I also have this problem frown.gif
and yesterday on setting into standby it caused bios fail loop, powering on / off.

pls help <3
post #3 of 5
Try disabling WOL. I had a UD5 and this fixed the biosds loops, is actually a problem with the PSU not providing enough on the standby rail. Also, try using one username, multiple identities wont do you any favours here.
Desktop
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon L5335 Iwill DPK66S-SCSI GTX465 8GB 
OS
Win7 X64 
  hide details  
Reply
Desktop
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon L5335 Iwill DPK66S-SCSI GTX465 8GB 
OS
Win7 X64 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 5
tyvm 4 your answer,
I actually never wanted to boot up my pc by lan, so I always disabled this.
I straight googled the WOL "wake ON lan" ^^ and found something I never seen before.
default shut-down is to S4 which is so called "Fast Startup" or Hybrid mode. If you switch off the "Fast start" from the power options the Wake up on Lan will start working.

need now to test this on long term, but hopefully it will work thumb.gif
post #5 of 5
****, today it did not resume
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Gigabyte GA-X79-UD3 not resuming from sleep, boot loops