Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Battle.net] Diablo III Open Beta Weekend!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Battle.net] Diablo III Open Beta Weekend! - Page 39

post #381 of 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploppytheman View Post

If they only let you play it on easy how are people who play games hardcore supposed to enjoy it. Beta isnt JUST a test its also marketing. And if Blizzard is too stupid to realize this well... Activision. They put in hardcore heros but its almost impossible to die... I dont get it. Give us a taste.
I like options. Cuz a lot of devs like making bad UIs. And customization makes a character mean more especially if your going to put any amount of time into it.
Why would WASD be absurd? having to shift click is massively retarded. With WASD I can kite properly without having to move my mouse across the screen between each shot which can be as low a 1sec.
This game just seems like a big grind with no point and no pvp at launch, and they arent even gonna try to balance it either. I dont get why you would want to waste your life on it. I already feel like I wasted my time playing the beta. Seems like Hellgate London with ****ty controls worse graphics and less options. Nothing in the story or quests seem interesting either. Its like streamlined WoW and instead of a talent tree you have glyphs and abilities. I'd still say its better than WoW gameplay wise but it still seems lame. Thats why the gave it away free to wow players, cuz they know this.

I don't even know or care where to begin, but know this.

Blizzard games are not for graphics. They are ALL about controls and fluidity. They know this and succeeed with every single game they put out. Blizzard games will never flop with practices like this.

Go outside and breathe in some air that is fresh, you sound like you need it.

It sucks for you, for me to read this and see you are pained by D3 in some odd way. I am going to enjoy it like getting a new dog. Peace
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-4690k @ 4.2GHz + H80i Asus Maximus Hero VII Asus GTX 970 strix Corsair Dominator 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
850 EVO 500GB, 840 EVO 250GB, M4 128GB, WD Blac... Win10 x64 Asus vg248qe K70 rgblux browns 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair RM 750i Corsair 750D Logitech G500s RazerVespula 
Audio
Asus Xonar DGX + Sennheiser GameOne 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-4690k @ 4.2GHz + H80i Asus Maximus Hero VII Asus GTX 970 strix Corsair Dominator 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
850 EVO 500GB, 840 EVO 250GB, M4 128GB, WD Blac... Win10 x64 Asus vg248qe K70 rgblux browns 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair RM 750i Corsair 750D Logitech G500s RazerVespula 
Audio
Asus Xonar DGX + Sennheiser GameOne 
  hide details  
Reply
post #382 of 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by votum View Post

Obviously they are technically better. I'm saying to me they dont look better. The best way I can describe them is like a fluffy painting. That's the landscape specifically
I also promise I am not trolling, I was baiting you to convince me why Diablo III is awesome, because I would very much like to play but still wasn't impressed lol.

The graphics grew on me, but I really can't see why someone wouldn't buy a game strictly because of a graphic style. If they are a deal breaker for you, there is always http://darkd3.com/

Gameplay and fun come far before graphics for me. Hack and slashes are not for everyone, and it's becoming clear that "the new generation" of gamers, that were not around for D1/D2, will most likely not enjoy D3 because they simply don't understand what the game is about. There's an average age poll on the beta forums and most people that enjoy D3 are 22+ years old.

There has been a huge lack of hack and slash games over the last decade, basically because D2 dominated the market for that entire period. New gamers won't go back and play a game that has a maximum resolution of 1280x1024 (or is it 800x600?), and 2D graphics. Old gamers go back to the games they loved as teenagers. Most "new generation" gamers likely never played a true hack and slash game in their life. 90% of the complaints I see about the game come from people who clearly never played a hack and slash in their life, and all their complaints are things the game did "right".

Don't get me wrong: Art style and Skill system are the most valid complaints i've seen. Neither are a deal breaker to me, and I actually prefer both over D2. I do wish the game's art was gritter but it did grow on me over time. tongue.gif

TL:TR - There's going to be people that absolutely love the game, and grew up playing games like these. There's also going to be people that are younger, that will go "WTH", and simply don't like the game because they don't understand this type of genre.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploppytheman View Post

If they only let you play it on easy how are people who play games hardcore supposed to enjoy it. Beta isnt JUST a test its also marketing. And if Blizzard is too stupid to realize this well... Activision. They put in hardcore heros but its almost impossible to die... I dont get it. Give us a taste.
I like options. Cuz a lot of devs like making bad UIs. And customization makes a character mean more especially if your going to put any amount of time into it.
Why would WASD be absurd? having to shift click is massively retarded. With WASD I can kite properly without having to move my mouse across the screen between each shot which can be as low a 1sec.
This game just seems like a big grind with no point and no pvp at launch, and they arent even gonna try to balance it either. I dont get why you would want to waste your life on it. I already feel like I wasted my time playing the beta. Seems like Hellgate London with ****ty controls worse graphics and less options. Nothing in the story or quests seem interesting either. Its like streamlined WoW and instead of a talent tree you have glyphs and abilities. I'd still say its better than WoW gameplay wise but it still seems lame. Thats why the gave it away free to wow players, cuz they know this.

You obviously don't understand how difficulty settings work in D1/D2/D3. You can't just throw in the next difficulty, you start the next difficulty at a much higher level. You beat the game on normal, then with the same character go through the next difficulty. Mobs right at the start of the game are level ~35 in the next difficulty. They would have to give us access to skills that they don't want released yet.

You've never played this genre before, or are just trolling the thread. Do yourself a favor and research the game, until then, anyone who understand this game is going to consider you a troll. I guarantee if you played the retail game for a few months (or any diablo game), you would look back at your comments and say "what the heck was I thinking?".
Edited by Murlocke - 4/21/12 at 1:33pm
The Leviathan
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700k @ 4.7GHz MSI Z170A Gaming M7 12GB NVIDIA Titan X (Pascal) 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V (DDR4 3200) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
2x 1TB Samsung 960 PRO 193TB unRAID Server 3x 140mm Noctua NF-A14 Noctua NH-D15 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro x64 65" LG 65E6P (4K OLED) Ducky DK9008 Shine 3  Corsair AX860 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Corsair Obsidian 750D Logitech G502 Proteus Sprectrum Denon X7200WA (Receiver) 2x Klipsch RF-7 (Front Speakers) 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
4x Klipsch RS-62 (Surround Speakers) Klipsch RC-64 (Center Speaker) 4x Klipsch CDT-5800-C II (Atmos Speakers) 2x SVS PB16-Ultra (Subwoofers) 
  hide details  
Reply
The Leviathan
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700k @ 4.7GHz MSI Z170A Gaming M7 12GB NVIDIA Titan X (Pascal) 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V (DDR4 3200) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
2x 1TB Samsung 960 PRO 193TB unRAID Server 3x 140mm Noctua NF-A14 Noctua NH-D15 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro x64 65" LG 65E6P (4K OLED) Ducky DK9008 Shine 3  Corsair AX860 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Corsair Obsidian 750D Logitech G502 Proteus Sprectrum Denon X7200WA (Receiver) 2x Klipsch RF-7 (Front Speakers) 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
4x Klipsch RS-62 (Surround Speakers) Klipsch RC-64 (Center Speaker) 4x Klipsch CDT-5800-C II (Atmos Speakers) 2x SVS PB16-Ultra (Subwoofers) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #383 of 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlocke View Post

Already been explained that pirated SC2 is no where near the same as legit SC2. 95% that buy SC2 play for multiplayer with official rankings. I don't even count the pirated version of SC2 as the game.
Blizzard being greedy? They make enjoyable games by making many of the features client-side to prevent hacking, cheating, etc. How is making you sign on their servers to play the game greedy? If anything it cost them more money to have those servers running 24/7.

This.

Edit - And this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlocke View Post

The graphics grew on me, but I really can't see why someone wouldn't buy a game strictly because of a graphic style. If they are a deal breaker for you, there is always http://darkd3.com/
Gameplay and fun come far before graphics for me. Hack and slashes are not for everyone, and it's becoming clear that "the new generation" of gamers, that were not around for D1/D2, will most likely not enjoy D3 because they simply don't understand what the game is about. There's an average age poll on the beta forums and most people that enjoy D3 are 22+ years old.
There has been a huge lack of hack and slash games over the last decade, basically because D2 dominated the market for that entire period. New gamers won't go back and play a game that has a maximum resolution of 1280x1024 (or is it 800x600?), and 2D graphics. Old gamers go back to the games they loved as teenagers. Most "new generation" games likely never played a true hack and slash game in their life. 90% of the complaints I see about the game come from people who clearly never played a hack and slash in their life, and all their complaints are things the game did "right".
Don't get me wrong: Art style and Skill system are the most valid complaints i've seen. Neither are a deal breaker to me, and I actually prefer both over D2. I do wish the game's art was gritter but it did grow on me over time. tongue.gif
TL:TR - There's going to be people the absolutely love the game, and grew up playing games like these. There's also going to be people that are younger that try to play this game and go "WTH" and simply don't like the game because they don't understand this type of genre.

Edited by Zulli85 - 4/21/12 at 1:26pm
ZulliRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel C2D E6600 B2 EVGA 680i A1 Evga 8800GT OCZ 4GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 600 GB NEC DVD-RW Windows 7 Pro 64-bit BenQ V2400W 24" widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Random Logitech OCZ GameXStream 700 Watt Antec P182 Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
ZulliRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel C2D E6600 B2 EVGA 680i A1 Evga 8800GT OCZ 4GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 600 GB NEC DVD-RW Windows 7 Pro 64-bit BenQ V2400W 24" widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Random Logitech OCZ GameXStream 700 Watt Antec P182 Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
post #384 of 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlocke View Post

Already been explained that pirated SC2 is no where near the same as legit SC2. 95% that buy SC2 play for multiplayer with official rankings. I don't even count the pirated version of SC2 as the game.
Blizzard being greedy? They make enjoyable games by making many of the features client-side to prevent hacking, cheating, etc. How is making you sign on their servers to play the game greedy? If anything it cost them more money to have those servers running 24/7.

If it cost them more money they wouldn't do it. In fact in major tournament I think GSTL finals MKP vs some protoss (cant remember) the game disconnected and it was a re-game which was very sketchy since it was extremely favoring the protoss since he was literally on the T production facilities with not much qued. But the specifics arent the point, forcing internet and not having LAN just makes the community suffer. You cant smurf. You can play vs other parts of the world. Your game is bound to your Battle.net account. These are all greed. If you can't see it then you are probably just extremely biased.

So you say, you can't pirate SC2. So I say you can actually. And then you say thats not SC2... GOOD ARGUMENT, I GUESS DIABLO 3 WONT GET PIRATED SINCE ITS MULTI-OLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Also there is a lot of hacking and cheating in SC2. Its not as bad as other games but its still there. Theres one thing though SC2 community outs cheaters and they get no respect. They cant win at tournaments.

GG Brah
post #385 of 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyanmcleod View Post

it just sucks they make the prices cheaper for poorer countries but people fail to see the differences in wages in america. i could get a russian key for a game at half price but here i must wait.
no way i am moving to another state, i like my cheap cost of living and the weather plus the fact i can go out in my back yard and blast off a few rounds from the ak or ar and nobody complains smile.gif i will simply wait out the price like i do with everything else or if i can find a copy for less on a russian key site i will pick it up there but 60 bucks is just too much.

Think of how we feel in Australia, even when our dollar is on par with the US dollar we get redirected to our region and have to pay $100 for a digital dl, THAT really gets my blood boiling!

With so many new releases this year I might have to turn to crime to fund my addiction ninja.gif
Krähe
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820k X99 Deluxe GTX 970 Kingston Pred 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung 850 Custom loop Win 7 Ultimate 64 Evga G2 850w 
Case
Phanteks Enthoo 
  hide details  
Reply
Krähe
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820k X99 Deluxe GTX 970 Kingston Pred 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung 850 Custom loop Win 7 Ultimate 64 Evga G2 850w 
Case
Phanteks Enthoo 
  hide details  
Reply
post #386 of 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by votum View Post

Lots of people don't take home $60 a day. You probably don't either unless you walk to work and don't eat.
Take home $ = after tax and daily expenses lol.
Your post was pretty mean frown.gif

Not mean.

It takes maybe 4$ a day in tolls, maybe 8$ a day in gas

I make a little over 100$

Take taxes and the 12$, still making more. Just being realistic here. '




And on the topic of the game, you know right away if they complain about the isometric camera, their entire review is invalid.
New rig
(9 items)
  
Reply
New rig
(9 items)
  
Reply
post #387 of 585
This thread needs a good dose of the OCN Professionalism Initiative. Sigh.
ZulliRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel C2D E6600 B2 EVGA 680i A1 Evga 8800GT OCZ 4GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 600 GB NEC DVD-RW Windows 7 Pro 64-bit BenQ V2400W 24" widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Random Logitech OCZ GameXStream 700 Watt Antec P182 Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
ZulliRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel C2D E6600 B2 EVGA 680i A1 Evga 8800GT OCZ 4GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 600 GB NEC DVD-RW Windows 7 Pro 64-bit BenQ V2400W 24" widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Random Logitech OCZ GameXStream 700 Watt Antec P182 Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
post #388 of 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by JorundJ View Post

Ploppytheman, you're what, 12? Obviously you never played a Diablo game before in your life. And for those expecting "good graphics", you're at the wrong place because blizz games aren't about something as shallow as that.

Its also not in the same genre as wow.

Also they gave it away free when you subscribed to wow for a whole year in advance right?

That's not free mate smile.gif
Chatterwhite
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 4670k GRYPHON Z87 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 g.skill sniper 1866 8GB Mushkin Chronos 120GB Kingston SSD Now v300 256GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2x WD Black in RAID 0 4TB Coolermaster Nepton 140XL Windows 10 Pro Yamakasi Catleap 1440P 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS V24H Corsair C70 EVGA Supernova 750 Thermaltake core v21 
Mouse
Roccat Kone+ 
  hide details  
Reply
Chatterwhite
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 4670k GRYPHON Z87 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 g.skill sniper 1866 8GB Mushkin Chronos 120GB Kingston SSD Now v300 256GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2x WD Black in RAID 0 4TB Coolermaster Nepton 140XL Windows 10 Pro Yamakasi Catleap 1440P 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS V24H Corsair C70 EVGA Supernova 750 Thermaltake core v21 
Mouse
Roccat Kone+ 
  hide details  
Reply
post #389 of 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlocke View Post

The graphics grew on me, but I really can't see why someone wouldn't buy a game strictly because of a graphic style. If they are a deal breaker for you, there is always http://darkd3.com/
Gameplay and fun come far before graphics for me. Hack and slashes are not for everyone, and it's becoming clear that "the new generation" of gamers, that were not around for D1/D2, will most likely not enjoy D3 because they simply don't understand what the game is about. There's an average age poll on the beta forums and most people that enjoy D3 are 22+ years old.
There has been a huge lack of hack and slash games over the last decade, basically because D2 dominated the market for that entire period. New gamers won't go back and play a game that has a maximum resolution of 1280x1024 (or is it 800x600?), and 2D graphics. Old gamers go back to the games they loved as teenagers. Most "new generation" games likely never played a true hack and slash game in their life. 90% of the complaints I see about the game come from people who clearly never played a hack and slash in their life, and all their complaints are things the game did "right".
Don't get me wrong: Art style and Skill system are the most valid complaints i've seen. Neither are a deal breaker to me, and I actually prefer both over D2. I do wish the game's art was gritter but it did grow on me over time. tongue.gif
TL:TR - There's going to be people the absolutely love the game, and grew up playing games like these. There's also going to be people that are younger that try to play this game and go "WTH" and simply don't like the game because they don't understand this type of genre.

Wrong, Im 24 and Im playing Planescape Torment, and I have the Amnesia/Penumbra games, and I also played DE1+2 for the first time recently along with other games of similar graphics quality. I've played and enjoyed lots of hack n slash and one of my favorite games are those Arcade games where you are a jet and blow up everything and fight bosses. Its not true hack n slash but I dont like melee/fantasy combat generally. Ninja Gaiden forx Xbox was a sick game but I never got to play it through. I also had both Hunter the Reckoning games and Hellgate London and I've played a ton of games in my time. Stuff like SMASH TV, TMNT on SNES, and all that stuff. If its not Playstation or Gamecube/Wii I've probably played it or heard of it. I also played that old game, waht was it Guantlet?

GG
post #390 of 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulli85 View Post

This thread needs a good dose of the OCN Professionalism Initiative. Sigh.

Nah....better here in the news thread than clogging up players genuine game questions in the DIII discussion thread.
Krähe
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820k X99 Deluxe GTX 970 Kingston Pred 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung 850 Custom loop Win 7 Ultimate 64 Evga G2 850w 
Case
Phanteks Enthoo 
  hide details  
Reply
Krähe
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820k X99 Deluxe GTX 970 Kingston Pred 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung 850 Custom loop Win 7 Ultimate 64 Evga G2 850w 
Case
Phanteks Enthoo 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Battle.net] Diablo III Open Beta Weekend!