Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [The Verge] DOTA 2 will be free-to-play "with a twist", Gabe Newell says
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[The Verge] DOTA 2 will be free-to-play "with a twist", Gabe Newell says - Page 7

post #61 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitingnick View Post

This would be a nice addition if done properly. One of the biggest things people dislike about DOTA, HON, and LoL are those who rage and have poor attitudes. Honestly, I've been in games that people raged and called me a noob in the first 10 mins, and by the end of the game I'm carrying the team. It's this shallow attitude I get tired off. If there was a way for players to reward good team play and sportsmanship, I'd be VERY happy. Punish the jerks!!
I don't like the trolls in games either. I'm quite glad about LoL's community report review system, it seems to have worked quite well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chia233 View Post

How about you stop sucking in the first 10 minutes then? rolleyes.gif Its one of the most frustrating things that you have the closest game ever EXCEPT that one role that is being outplayed so hard that it basically becomes a 4v5 in the end.
Why do you assume he was playing poorly? I've seen some players which start raging at you from the very first mistake... mistakes happen, in fact sometimes there's nothing you can do and these players like to have a go anyway. It's really irritating.

I welcome helpful criticism, but if you've nothing good to say then keep it to yourself. If I'm sucking, I know I'm sucking, and insulting me isn't going to help me play better.
Kasuf
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 6600K ASRock Z170 Pro4 ASUS Radeon RX 480 ROG Strix Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3000MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorPower
Samsung 850 EVO Noctua NH-D15 LG 34" Ultrawide (LG34UC98) Corsair HX750i 
Case
Silverstone FT05B-W 
  hide details  
Reply
Kasuf
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 6600K ASRock Z170 Pro4 ASUS Radeon RX 480 ROG Strix Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3000MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorPower
Samsung 850 EVO Noctua NH-D15 LG 34" Ultrawide (LG34UC98) Corsair HX750i 
Case
Silverstone FT05B-W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #62 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbom View Post

insulting me isn't going to help me play better.

This. For me the insults will make me play worse even when they're directed at a different teammate. No team will ever perform better in an atmosphere full of negativity.
post #63 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFL Replica View Post

This. For me the insults will make me play worse even when they're directed at a different teammate. No team will ever perform better in an atmosphere full of negativity.

honestly? It probably comes from little kids and tweens.

man I hope they dont make it free to play and actually charge for this so we can keep the children OUT:mad:
post #64 of 121
Awesome, definitely didn't want to pay for Dota 2, good to hear it's going F2P.
post #65 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbom View Post

Why do you assume he was playing poorly? I've seen some players which start raging at you from the very first mistake... mistakes happen, in fact sometimes there's nothing you can do and these players like to have a go anyway. It's really irritating.

I welcome helpful criticism, but if you've nothing good to say then keep it to yourself. If I'm sucking, I know I'm sucking, and insulting me isn't going to help me play better.

Why were you assuming that i was assuming that he was playing poorly? I wasn't explicitly stating that he was doing POOR , just not doing his best.Like i said , if you can't deal with a few insults here and there , you probably shouldn't be playing something competitive , the whole point of which was meant to be FRUSTRATING to lose but REWARDING to win.AND PEOPLE LIKED IT THIS WAY.

Then there are people who plays these kinds of games ofwhich i have no other word to describe but DUMB.If people are raging at you for being real stupid , then you should actively try to prevent it and not just say "oh it would have had the same outcome anyway , nothing i can do".Because every mistake that you make has nothing to do with you right? rolleyes.gif

Stonewall states this really well and i agree with him ; if you aren't playing your best every game , then you shouldn't play at all.Don't find an excuses for your mistakes , something must have happened between you and the enemy team in the first 10 minutes to induce rage(for his case).Don't whine about people raging at you for your play , improve yourself first then come back and tell me whether or not you would like to play with your past self with 1000 less rounds of experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFL Replica View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbom View Post

insulting me isn't going to help me play better.

This. For me the insults will make me play worse even when they're directed at a different teammate. No team will ever perform better in an atmosphere full of negativity.

Refer to: DUMB ^

Ofcourse , whether its good to have raging players(in an environment) or not really depends on your ability to listen to their feedback under the swears they might type.
Edited by chia233 - 4/21/12 at 4:07am
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x6 1100T @>4Ghz CH Formula IV CF 5850 Winova 2x4GB @ 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveMonitorPowerCase
Seagate 500GB Acer S243HL 24" Seasonic 850w SF-1000 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x6 1100T @>4Ghz CH Formula IV CF 5850 Winova 2x4GB @ 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveMonitorPowerCase
Seagate 500GB Acer S243HL 24" Seasonic 850w SF-1000 
  hide details  
Reply
post #66 of 121
Team oriented online games where people only play for selfishness can bring out the narcissism and pettiness in people.

I doubt any professional sports team would be successful with players throwing their own teammate in the gutter with insults and unhelpful comments. Imagine a basketball, hockey or football team where the entire team trashes one person for missing one pass early in the game.

That is basically the stereotypical MOBA community. They are bad teammates because they are only out for number one.
post #67 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riou View Post

Team oriented online games where people only play for selfishness can bring out the narcissism and pettiness in people.

I doubt any professional sports team would be successful with players throwing their own teammate in the gutter with insults and unhelpful comments. Imagine a basketball, hockey or football team where the entire team trashes one person for missing one pass early in the game.

That is basically the stereotypical MOBA community. They are bad teammates because they are only out for number one.

If gunning for number one is the only way that you can win , then i'd say so be it.

Oh yeah the thing is you are NOT playing in a professional environment because it works differently that way , you know each others limits and abilities such that in an even match , the losing team is the one with the less teamwork.In a pub match , being matched with another person doesn't necessarily mean that you are going to see them again if ever ; the thing is that there will always be a "bad" player that fills up the spot of the other in the previous match on your next match which is why it induces so much rage in the course of a few matches.
Edited by chia233 - 4/21/12 at 4:24am
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x6 1100T @>4Ghz CH Formula IV CF 5850 Winova 2x4GB @ 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveMonitorPowerCase
Seagate 500GB Acer S243HL 24" Seasonic 850w SF-1000 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x6 1100T @>4Ghz CH Formula IV CF 5850 Winova 2x4GB @ 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveMonitorPowerCase
Seagate 500GB Acer S243HL 24" Seasonic 850w SF-1000 
  hide details  
Reply
post #68 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by chia233 View Post

Ofcourse , whether its good to have raging players(in an environment) or not really depends on your ability to listen to their feedback under the swears they might type.

The only feedback in insults, flaming and death threats is: I'm an idiot with no life, everyone please use the ignore function on me.

The only dumb person is the insulter that doesn't realize all that they're doing is making a bad situation worse. It's like someone tugging at a leg stuck in a bear trap. You might have turned things around but you just ensured an agonizing death.
post #69 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by chia233 View Post

If gunning for number one is the only way that you can win , then i'd say so be it.

Blaming other people is just creating excuses for one's own inadequacies. If teammates makes mistakes or the other team is good, so be it. Not accepting that just makes one shallower and not grow.
post #70 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by chia233 View Post

Why were you assuming that i was assuming that he was playing poorly? I wasn't explicitly stating that he was doing POOR , just not doing his best.Like i said , if you can't deal with a few insults here and there , you probably shouldn't be playing something competitive.

You've obviously never played competitively, you'd be immediately removed from any competitive tournament if you started running your mouth like you have in this thread.

One day you'll grow up.


Also the sheer amount of people posting in this thread who; didn't read the OP or has no clue what DotA2 is, is staggering.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [The Verge] DOTA 2 will be free-to-play "with a twist", Gabe Newell says