Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [T-Break] Crysis 3 a “spiritual successor” to the original Crysis, says Crytek boss
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[T-Break] Crysis 3 a “spiritual successor” to the original Crysis, says Crytek boss - Page 10

post #91 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Desired Display Name View Post

Wonder if this means they get rid of the CoD MP

Having never played CoD before, i was amazed when I got a copy of MW 3 and the MP was so much like Crysis 2.

But Crysis 2 is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more fun. The cloaking, power running, sliding and power jumping just take it a step above CoD.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
PII x4 965 Asus m3a79-T Sapphire TOXIC 5850 OCZ Reaper 2x2gb DDR 1066 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Stupid Vista Samsung 2494SW OCZ GameXstream 700w Corsair 600T 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
PII x4 965 Asus m3a79-T Sapphire TOXIC 5850 OCZ Reaper 2x2gb DDR 1066 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Stupid Vista Samsung 2494SW OCZ GameXstream 700w Corsair 600T 
  hide details  
Reply
post #92 of 120
hell yeah bring on more Crysis smile.gif
Dr. Gonzo
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Gigabyte X79-UD3 ASUS GTX Titan X 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws Z C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 EVO SSD 2TB Crucial M4 256GB Lite-On Blu-Ray Writer Swiftech Apogee Drive II 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Home Premium 64-Bit ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q 27" Tesoro Durandal Silverstone 850w Strider 
CaseMouseAudio
Antec Eleven Hundred Logitech G502 Creative SoundBlaster Zx 
  hide details  
Reply
Dr. Gonzo
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Gigabyte X79-UD3 ASUS GTX Titan X 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws Z C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 EVO SSD 2TB Crucial M4 256GB Lite-On Blu-Ray Writer Swiftech Apogee Drive II 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Home Premium 64-Bit ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q 27" Tesoro Durandal Silverstone 850w Strider 
CaseMouseAudio
Antec Eleven Hundred Logitech G502 Creative SoundBlaster Zx 
  hide details  
Reply
post #93 of 120
You know you messed up the sequel when you name the 3rd game in the series the "spiritual successor" to the first. Even the people at Crytek want to forget the debacle that was Crysis 2.
RED Raven
(24 items)
 
Sonic Screwdriver
(11 items)
 
N+1
(9 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k Asus Maximus Hero EVGA 980 G.Skill Ripjaws X 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill Ripjaws X WD Blue Samsung 840 Evo Samsung 840 Evo 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD Black WD Blue H80i w/ SP120 x2 Windows 8.1 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Achieva Shimian 27" Ducky Shine 3 TKL reds AX860i Silverstone RV02 EW 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
G700 Ripper XXL Yamaha RX-V373 Receiver Polk Monitor 30 Bookshelfs 
AudioAudioAudioOther
Polk CS1 Center Speaker Polk PSW10 Subwoofer DT 990 PRO 250 ohm Lian Li BZ-502B w/ Coolermaster SickleFlow 120 Red 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4670k ASrock z87 750 TI SC G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
250 GB Samsung Evo 1TB WD Black H220 Win 8.1 
MonitorPowerCase
55" Samsung LED Silverstone 450w SSF Ncase M1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
A10 6800k GA-F2A88XN-WIF Onboard G.Skill Ares 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
840 Evo H60 Win 8.1 Silverstone ST45SF 
Case
Rosewill Legacy U3 
  hide details  
Reply
RED Raven
(24 items)
 
Sonic Screwdriver
(11 items)
 
N+1
(9 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k Asus Maximus Hero EVGA 980 G.Skill Ripjaws X 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill Ripjaws X WD Blue Samsung 840 Evo Samsung 840 Evo 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD Black WD Blue H80i w/ SP120 x2 Windows 8.1 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Achieva Shimian 27" Ducky Shine 3 TKL reds AX860i Silverstone RV02 EW 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
G700 Ripper XXL Yamaha RX-V373 Receiver Polk Monitor 30 Bookshelfs 
AudioAudioAudioOther
Polk CS1 Center Speaker Polk PSW10 Subwoofer DT 990 PRO 250 ohm Lian Li BZ-502B w/ Coolermaster SickleFlow 120 Red 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4670k ASrock z87 750 TI SC G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
250 GB Samsung Evo 1TB WD Black H220 Win 8.1 
MonitorPowerCase
55" Samsung LED Silverstone 450w SSF Ncase M1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
A10 6800k GA-F2A88XN-WIF Onboard G.Skill Ares 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
840 Evo H60 Win 8.1 Silverstone ST45SF 
Case
Rosewill Legacy U3 
  hide details  
Reply
post #94 of 120
Neither Crysis title was very fun to play.
SBD:
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770k Gigabyte ga-z77x-up4 tb EVGA GTX 980 SC 32GB G.SKILL Trident X F3-1600C7Q-32GTX  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD Western Digtal 2TB RE4 Plextor 24x DL Burner ThermalTake Water 2.0 Extreme 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit Acer XB270HU 2560x1440, IPS-type panel, 144hz, ... EIZO FG2421 1920x1080 VA 120Hz QuickFire Cherry Blue 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Lepa G1000 1kw Corsair 550D Logitech G400 Roccat Taito 
AudioAudio
Xonar Essence ST Niles SI-275 Amplifier 
  hide details  
Reply
SBD:
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770k Gigabyte ga-z77x-up4 tb EVGA GTX 980 SC 32GB G.SKILL Trident X F3-1600C7Q-32GTX  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD Western Digtal 2TB RE4 Plextor 24x DL Burner ThermalTake Water 2.0 Extreme 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit Acer XB270HU 2560x1440, IPS-type panel, 144hz, ... EIZO FG2421 1920x1080 VA 120Hz QuickFire Cherry Blue 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Lepa G1000 1kw Corsair 550D Logitech G400 Roccat Taito 
AudioAudio
Xonar Essence ST Niles SI-275 Amplifier 
  hide details  
Reply
post #95 of 120
crysis 2 was a horrible game , like extremely bad .. graphics were ok , but the plot and gameplay were the worst in your series yet .. it was way too easy and felt like an arcade game

We pc gamers expect much more from you guys .

this better be good crytek .. or your history in my books .
Edited by Xristo - 4/22/12 at 9:01pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 7600k @ 5Ghz, 1.312v Asus Prime Z270-AR msi GTX 1080 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3Ghz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Transcend SSD220S 120GB  Corsair H80i V2 Windows 10 Pro 64bit AOC AG322FCX 32" Curved LED 144hz 1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Antec Quattro 1000w Thermaltake Versa N27 msi Gaming series 
Mouse PadAudio
Razer Goliathus Steelseries Siberia V2  
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 7600k @ 5Ghz, 1.312v Asus Prime Z270-AR msi GTX 1080 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3Ghz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Transcend SSD220S 120GB  Corsair H80i V2 Windows 10 Pro 64bit AOC AG322FCX 32" Curved LED 144hz 1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Antec Quattro 1000w Thermaltake Versa N27 msi Gaming series 
Mouse PadAudio
Razer Goliathus Steelseries Siberia V2  
  hide details  
Reply
post #96 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Desired Display Name View Post

Wonder if this means they get rid of the CoD MP
I hope not considering Crysis 2 MP is about 500000x more fun than CoD MP could ever be. It's also 5000000x more buggy, hacker-infested and incomplete...but that is Crytek/EA's fault because they had no budget (or plans) to sustain multiplayer. How evil is that, releasing multiplayer and then forgetting you ever released it...only Crytek/EA could do such a thing.
post #97 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippy View Post

I hope not considering Crysis 2 MP is about 500000x more fun than CoD MP could ever be. It's also 5000000x more buggy, hacker-infested and incomplete...but that is Crytek/EA's fault because they had no budget (or plans) to sustain multiplayer. How evil is that, releasing multiplayer and then forgetting you ever released it...only Crytek/EA could do such a thing.

Come on, really? rolleyes.gif
post #98 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin SSJ Eric View Post

Come on, really? rolleyes.gif
Umm...well yes, really. Have you seen the state of the game? Most probably not.

> Hackers have ESTABLISHED A NAME for themselves on MyCrysis.com, the official forums for the game (run by Crytek) and are literally dancing naked in front of Crytek openly discussing ways to cheat and coding better cheats on forums. Crytek have turned a blind eye to their own website. Whatever few hackers they DO ban are back within days with illegally-obtained CD Keys. Apparently Crytek haven't heard of IP banning.

> It is entirely left up to independent admins & clans to monitor their servers and ban hackers. All servers who don't have active admins (i.e. the majority of them) are fully open to being hacked anytime by anyone with no consequences.

> Crytek demand that the PLAYERS spoonfeed them with evidence in order to ban hackers (upload video footage, etc). So no, just the time/name/server is not enough because Crytek have no tools available to them to verify replays or suspicious activity. Further evidence that there were no plans to sustain multiplayer.

> Finally, the ~100 bugs/glitches that plague multiplayer have been left ignored since the game was released.

This is the equivalent of ArenaNet releasing GW2 and then saying "right, everyone can do whatever they like now. Bugs? Too bad. Cheaters/exploits? We could care less. Goodbye"

So yes, that pretty much sums up "evil". If you're going to introduce multiplayer, you better have a plans to support + sustain it. Otherwise you're just a massive **** and should've never introduced multiplayer in the first place.

C2 Multiplayer had the potential of raking in tens of thousands of players with it's fast pace, steep learning curve and incredible fun. So what if it borrows from CoD, the model works and wearing a NANOSUIT completely changes everything, making the game unique enough in it's own right. Crytek threw all that amazing potential into a bin.
Edited by Tippy - 4/23/12 at 8:05am
post #99 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin SSJ Eric View Post

Come on, really? rolleyes.gif
Umm...well yes, really. Have you seen the state of the game? Most probably not.

> Hackers have ESTABLISHED A NAME for themselves on MyCrysis.com, the official forums for the game (run by Crytek) and are literally dancing naked in front of Crytek openly discussing ways to cheat and coding better cheats on forums. Crytek have turned a blind eye to their own website. Whatever few hackers they DO ban are back within days with illegally-obtained CD Keys. Apparently Crytek haven't heard of IP banning.

> It is entirely left up to independent admins & clans to monitor their servers and ban hackers. All servers who don't have active admins (i.e. the majority of them) are fully open to being hacked anytime by anyone with no consequences.

> Crytek demand that the PLAYERS spoonfeed them with evidence in order to ban hackers (upload video footage, etc). So no, just the time/name/server is not enough because Crytek have no tools available to them to verify replays or suspicious activity. Further evidence that there were no plans to sustain multiplayer.

> Finally, the ~100 bugs/glitches that plague multiplayer have been left ignored since the game was released.

This is the equivalent of ArenaNet releasing GW2 and then saying "right, everyone can do whatever they like now. Bugs? Too bad. Cheaters/exploits? We could care less. Goodbye"

So yes, that pretty much sums up "evil". If you're going to introduce multiplayer, you better have a plans to support + sustain it. Otherwise you're just a massive **** and should've never introduced multiplayer in the first place.

You apparently assume that hackers would use a "static ip", when indeed many people's IP changes hourly....

Hardware BAN is more powerful... biggrin.gif

They need to start implementing Hardware Bans...

(e.g., if your computer has been used for haxing / cheating in games, then that computer will never be allowed to register/use the game)

If the punishment for cheating by using haxz was more severe for games, like criminal repercussions or something to that effect, then possibly less people would abuse the gaming industry...
The Rock
(15 items)
 
  
Reply
The Rock
(15 items)
 
  
Reply
post #100 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archngamin View Post

You know you messed up the sequel when you name the 3rd game in the series the "spiritual successor" to the first. Even the people at Crytek want to forget the debacle that was Crysis 2.

Or maybe it's because they know that's what many of the people who complained about Crysis 2 want to hear? wink.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [T-Break] Crysis 3 a “spiritual successor” to the original Crysis, says Crytek boss