Originally Posted by shad0wboss
One thing i don't understand, why in the world would AMD make something worthless compared to its "old" (960t) technology. I would personally tell you to go with bulldozer because:
1. It is new
2. Scores higher according to Passmark: http://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html
3. Uses am3+ and if you do get am3+ motherboard, you can stay with it for a longer time because amd plans to bring its upcoming chips to am3 motherboards so it'll last you long as well if you plan on upgrading.
Also to answer the question of people telling you to unlock the 2 extra cores. They were closed down by "amd" due to their unstability so why unlock them so that you can put your motherboard on fire or melt your cpu down? i mean there's a huge risk in doing that so why bother pointing it out.
1. You can use am3 cpu in am3+ mobo
2. Not all cores are locked because of stability, some were locked to fill demand.
3. Leave the benchmarks to benchers, he's a gamer so real world performance is more important.
4. Even if the core is unstable, it can usually be stabilized with a bit more voltage (why amd locked it is because it couldn't fit the tdp at it's frequency, most normal case.) and even if it's not stable it's never going to set your motherboard on fire, or melt it.... what an ignorant thing to say, the worst that will happen is you won't post, and you'll have to clear your cmos. Or it will blue screen in windows, either way there will be no MELTING and no FIRE.