Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [Official] ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Owners Thread/Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Owners Thread/Club - Page 131

post #1301 of 6915

So I finally decided on switching to water cooling and ordered a Corsair H70 and 2 Akasa Viper 120mm fans (both are 110 cfm)

 

You think this is a good way to go with my i5 3570k?

 

Also how will i set this up? I have never ever used a water cooling system before so this will be my first.

 

In our motherboard there is the CPU FAN slot and next to it there is another slot called CPU something. I believe i will put these 2 120mm fans headers there right?

post #1302 of 6915
Quote:
Originally Posted by iARDAs View Post

So I finally decided on switching to water cooling and ordered a Corsair H70 and 2 Akasa Viper 120mm fans (both are 110 cfm)

You think this is a good way to go with my i5 3570k?

Also how will i set this up? I have never ever used a water cooling system before so this will be my first.

In our motherboard there is the CPU FAN slot and next to it there is another slot called CPU something. I believe i will put these 2 120mm fans headers there right?

I have the H100. Pretty easy install. I have heard that if you use the CPU connector it will not turn on the fan? Some I guess had problems. I have 4 120mm GT's and I hooked them strieght into the H100, than I hooked the H100, via 4 pin mol, to psu mol.
 
Grateful
(19 items)
 
Black Ivy
(22 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-6400 2.7 Ghz Inspiron 3650 EVGA GTX 1050ti 8 Gigs DDR3L (1x8GB) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1 TB 7200 DVD Burner Windows 10 Pro / Windows 7 Ultimate 23" Asus VH238H 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
23" Dell S2318HN/NX Vizio D24-D1 Smart 1080P HDTV Logitech K520 Wireless 240 Watts 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Inspiron 3650 Logitech M510 Wireless Black Mouse Mat Logitech z506 5.1 75W RMS 
OtherOther
Logitech Gamepad F310 Dual LCD Flat Screen Monitor V Stand 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4770k (4.5ghz @ 1.351v) stable Asus Z87 Deluxe MSI GTX 770 TF OC (2gb) Corsair Vengeance 1600 16GB (4x4GB 1.5v cl9) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Plextor M6V (256gb) Barracuda 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s  LG Bluray UH12NS30 Hydro Series H105 (push/pull) 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
NZXT AC-SEN-3-B1 Sentry 3 5.4'' Touch Screen Fa... Windows 10 Pro 64bit AOC G2460PQU (24" 144hz 1m GtG 1080p) ROCCAT Rios MK Pro (MX Browns) 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic SS-1050XP3 (1050w Platinum) Corsair Obsidian 750D Logitech G502 Proteus Core Logitech G240 
AudioAudioOther
Realtek® ALC1150 8-Channel High Definition Audi... Logitech Z506 75W RMS 5.1 Surround  (2) LOGISYS Computer ML12RD 12" 18 LED Super Br... 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Grateful
(19 items)
 
Black Ivy
(22 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-6400 2.7 Ghz Inspiron 3650 EVGA GTX 1050ti 8 Gigs DDR3L (1x8GB) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1 TB 7200 DVD Burner Windows 10 Pro / Windows 7 Ultimate 23" Asus VH238H 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
23" Dell S2318HN/NX Vizio D24-D1 Smart 1080P HDTV Logitech K520 Wireless 240 Watts 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Inspiron 3650 Logitech M510 Wireless Black Mouse Mat Logitech z506 5.1 75W RMS 
OtherOther
Logitech Gamepad F310 Dual LCD Flat Screen Monitor V Stand 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4770k (4.5ghz @ 1.351v) stable Asus Z87 Deluxe MSI GTX 770 TF OC (2gb) Corsair Vengeance 1600 16GB (4x4GB 1.5v cl9) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Plextor M6V (256gb) Barracuda 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s  LG Bluray UH12NS30 Hydro Series H105 (push/pull) 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
NZXT AC-SEN-3-B1 Sentry 3 5.4'' Touch Screen Fa... Windows 10 Pro 64bit AOC G2460PQU (24" 144hz 1m GtG 1080p) ROCCAT Rios MK Pro (MX Browns) 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic SS-1050XP3 (1050w Platinum) Corsair Obsidian 750D Logitech G502 Proteus Core Logitech G240 
AudioAudioOther
Realtek® ALC1150 8-Channel High Definition Audi... Logitech Z506 75W RMS 5.1 Surround  (2) LOGISYS Computer ML12RD 12" 18 LED Super Br... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1303 of 6915
I just purchased an H80 for my rig (an H100 wouldn't fit in my case) and I am just wondering what sorts of differences I could expect between the Zalman aftermarket air cooler I had previously and the H80 water setup. I was able to get 4.4 GHz overclock before with a voltage of 1.18, and if I raised the multiplier any further the voltage needed to be raised which caused unacceptable temperatures (mid 80s) in the Burn Test. Has anyone gone from an overclocked air setup to a closed loop water setup? I have a 3570K and know that every chip is different, but I was wondering what other people's experiences were.
post #1304 of 6915
Quote:
Originally Posted by iARDAs View Post

So I finally decided on switching to water cooling and ordered a Corsair H70 and 2 Akasa Viper 120mm fans (both are 110 cfm)

You think this is a good way to go with my i5 3570k?

Also how will i set this up? I have never ever used a water cooling system before so this will be my first.

In our motherboard there is the CPU FAN slot and next to it there is another slot called CPU something. I believe i will put these 2 120mm fans headers there right?
Nice choice. I have the H100 and these corsair and similar cooling options make water cooling a breeze. Installs just like a regular heat sink. Only difference is you need to be mindful with handling the radiator while mounting, but as far as ease... It's just the same.

As far as your fans, they will plug directly into the H70 unit, then the unit will plug into the CPU fan slot on the mobo. I'm not familiar with the H70 per se as far as if it supports dual fans in a push/pull. If it does, then both fans will plug into the H70 unit.

If the H70 only supports a single fan, and you want to use a push/pull configuration, then you can plug the "push" fan into the H70, and then the "pull" fan into another fan connector on the mobo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lzepplin01 View Post

I just purchased an H80 for my rig (an H100 wouldn't fit in my case) and I am just wondering what sorts of differences I could expect between the Zalman aftermarket air cooler I had previously and the H80 water setup. I was able to get 4.4 GHz overclock before with a voltage of 1.18, and if I raised the multiplier any further the voltage needed to be raised which caused unacceptable temperatures (mid 80s) in the Burn Test. Has anyone gone from an overclocked air setup to a closed loop water setup? I have a 3570K and know that every chip is different, but I was wondering what other people's experiences were.
I have the 3570k and got a stable 4.5 clock around 1.2ish volts with the H100.
Edited by likethegun - 7/5/12 at 11:44pm
post #1305 of 6915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantrill View Post


I have the H100. Pretty easy install. I have heard that if you use the CPU connector it will not turn on the fan? Some I guess had problems. I have 4 120mm GT's and I hooked them strieght into the H100, than I hooked the H100, via 4 pin mol, to psu mol.

Yep i just saw that i will connect the fans on the cooler than connect via 4 pin mol :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by likethegun View Post

Nice choice. I have the H100 and these corsair and similar cooling options make water cooling a breeze. Installs just like a regular heat sink. Only difference is you need to be mindful with handling the radiator while mounting, but as far as ease... It's just the same.
As far as your fans, they will plug directly into the H70 unit, then the unit will plug into the CPU fan slot on the mobo. I'm not familiar with the H70 per se as far as if it supports dual fans in a push/pull. If it does, then both fans will plug into the H70 unit.
If the H70 only supports a single fan, and you want to use a push/pull configuration, then you can plug the "push" fan into the H70, and then the "pull" fan into another fan connector on the mobo.
I have the 3570k and got a stable 4.5 clock around 1.2ish volts with the H100.

 

I changed my order from a H70 to a H80. The H70 one I ordered was the model named CWCH70. It seems that Corsair H80 is the better one. Can I later install my own fans to the Corsair H80? 

post #1306 of 6915
Quote:
Originally Posted by iARDAs View Post


I changed my order from a H70 to a H80. The H70 one I ordered was the model named CWCH70. It seems that Corsair H80 is the better one. Can I later install my own fans to the Corsair H80? 

Yes, the only dif is the H80 has room for 2 fans as the H100 has room for 4. The H80 was a great pick.... hope you like it. thumb.gif
 
Grateful
(19 items)
 
Black Ivy
(22 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-6400 2.7 Ghz Inspiron 3650 EVGA GTX 1050ti 8 Gigs DDR3L (1x8GB) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1 TB 7200 DVD Burner Windows 10 Pro / Windows 7 Ultimate 23" Asus VH238H 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
23" Dell S2318HN/NX Vizio D24-D1 Smart 1080P HDTV Logitech K520 Wireless 240 Watts 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Inspiron 3650 Logitech M510 Wireless Black Mouse Mat Logitech z506 5.1 75W RMS 
OtherOther
Logitech Gamepad F310 Dual LCD Flat Screen Monitor V Stand 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4770k (4.5ghz @ 1.351v) stable Asus Z87 Deluxe MSI GTX 770 TF OC (2gb) Corsair Vengeance 1600 16GB (4x4GB 1.5v cl9) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Plextor M6V (256gb) Barracuda 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s  LG Bluray UH12NS30 Hydro Series H105 (push/pull) 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
NZXT AC-SEN-3-B1 Sentry 3 5.4'' Touch Screen Fa... Windows 10 Pro 64bit AOC G2460PQU (24" 144hz 1m GtG 1080p) ROCCAT Rios MK Pro (MX Browns) 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic SS-1050XP3 (1050w Platinum) Corsair Obsidian 750D Logitech G502 Proteus Core Logitech G240 
AudioAudioOther
Realtek® ALC1150 8-Channel High Definition Audi... Logitech Z506 75W RMS 5.1 Surround  (2) LOGISYS Computer ML12RD 12" 18 LED Super Br... 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Grateful
(19 items)
 
Black Ivy
(22 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-6400 2.7 Ghz Inspiron 3650 EVGA GTX 1050ti 8 Gigs DDR3L (1x8GB) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1 TB 7200 DVD Burner Windows 10 Pro / Windows 7 Ultimate 23" Asus VH238H 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
23" Dell S2318HN/NX Vizio D24-D1 Smart 1080P HDTV Logitech K520 Wireless 240 Watts 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Inspiron 3650 Logitech M510 Wireless Black Mouse Mat Logitech z506 5.1 75W RMS 
OtherOther
Logitech Gamepad F310 Dual LCD Flat Screen Monitor V Stand 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4770k (4.5ghz @ 1.351v) stable Asus Z87 Deluxe MSI GTX 770 TF OC (2gb) Corsair Vengeance 1600 16GB (4x4GB 1.5v cl9) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Plextor M6V (256gb) Barracuda 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s  LG Bluray UH12NS30 Hydro Series H105 (push/pull) 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
NZXT AC-SEN-3-B1 Sentry 3 5.4'' Touch Screen Fa... Windows 10 Pro 64bit AOC G2460PQU (24" 144hz 1m GtG 1080p) ROCCAT Rios MK Pro (MX Browns) 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic SS-1050XP3 (1050w Platinum) Corsair Obsidian 750D Logitech G502 Proteus Core Logitech G240 
AudioAudioOther
Realtek® ALC1150 8-Channel High Definition Audi... Logitech Z506 75W RMS 5.1 Surround  (2) LOGISYS Computer ML12RD 12" 18 LED Super Br... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1307 of 6915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantrill View Post


Yes, the only dif is the H80 has room for 2 fans as the H100 has room for 4. The H80 was a great pick.... hope you like it. thumb.gif

Yeah thank you. I had thought that H70 was exactly the same as H80 but without fans. However the H70 I ordered seems different and I wanted to go with the H80. I hope I will like it :)

post #1308 of 6915
Ugh, decided to work on my water cooling loop, and messed it all up. Cut my hoses to short, crushed the fins on my rad...I feel like throwing my rig out into the street and watch as a semi-truck runs it over..I'm so frustrated.

My temps are crazy. WC loop temps idle 19-35 at 4.6.......stock cooler idle, 50-46. UGH!mad.gif
Intel Sys
(17 items)
 
My Sniper
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 3570k MSI MPower EVGA 670 FTW Patriot Extreme Performance Enhanced Latency Ki... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Agility 120g LG BlueRay burner Apogee HD/DangerDen RAD res, 2x Swiftech rads, ... W7 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2x LG 32' SteelSeries Merc Gaming Board OCZ 850watt CM Storm Trooper 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Razer Naga Razer Vesputa Pioneer Amp NZXT Hue 
Other
Syth Kaze Master Pro 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8150 Gigabyte 990fxa UD-7 Asus GTX570/ sli Corsair Vengence  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
OCZ Agility3  WD Caviar Black x2 WD Caviar Green LG Blue-Ray 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H100 W7 64 32" LG and 32" Vizio Merc z-board 
PowerCaseMouse
Ultra 1000w CM Sniper Razor Naga 
  hide details  
Reply
Intel Sys
(17 items)
 
My Sniper
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 3570k MSI MPower EVGA 670 FTW Patriot Extreme Performance Enhanced Latency Ki... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Agility 120g LG BlueRay burner Apogee HD/DangerDen RAD res, 2x Swiftech rads, ... W7 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2x LG 32' SteelSeries Merc Gaming Board OCZ 850watt CM Storm Trooper 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Razer Naga Razer Vesputa Pioneer Amp NZXT Hue 
Other
Syth Kaze Master Pro 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8150 Gigabyte 990fxa UD-7 Asus GTX570/ sli Corsair Vengence  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
OCZ Agility3  WD Caviar Black x2 WD Caviar Green LG Blue-Ray 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H100 W7 64 32" LG and 32" Vizio Merc z-board 
PowerCaseMouse
Ultra 1000w CM Sniper Razor Naga 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1309 of 6915
Hello guys/girls tongue.gif I have decided to get a z77 sabertooth with a 3570K. Very exited!!
My current build is an old AMD 790fx-ds5.. and an "newer" 965 phenom BE.. + old DDR2 crucial 4-4-4-12.. wich i manage to buy different types.. 2x2.2v and 2x 2.0v graduated.gif

Am i in for a treat, as they say?? tongue.gif

What im wondering is how is the best way to check that al my components are good for overcloking? check ram, cpu etc?
how can i test this? i got me 16gb Vengeance low profile 9-9-9-24 BTW is this good for my board+cpu??

unfortunately they did not have my cooler, the D14 in stock, so have to wait uintil they get it back...

THNX!!! VERY EXITED xD
Edited by Makkqverk - 7/6/12 at 5:12am
post #1310 of 6915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makkqverk View Post

Hello guys/girls tongue.gif I have decided to get a z77 sabertooth with a 3570K. Very exited!!
My current build is an old AMD 790fx-ds5.. and an "newer" 965 phenom BE.. + old DDR2 crucial 4-4-4-12.. wich i manage to buy different types.. 2x2.2v and 2x 2.0v graduated.gif
Am i in for a treat, as they say?? tongue.gif
What im wondering is how is the best way to check that al my components are good for overcloking? check ram, cpu etc?
how can i test this? i got me 16gb Vengeance low profile 9-9-9-24 BTW is this good for my board+cpu??
unfortunately they did not have my cooler, the D14 in stock, so have to wait uintil they get it back...
THNX!!! VERY EXITED xD

Newegg has the NH-D14 in stock, I'm not sure if you were looking at newegg or not.

As for overclocking, it seems that you definitely have the right processor to do it. Are you thinking of overclocking everything, like CPU, RAM, and GPU? If so, I have heard that the samsung RAM has incredible overclocking abilities and GPU wise you should be able to tweak depending on your card.

The RAM should be fine, I would just make sure that you have enough room installing the D14 with that RAM, as the heat spreaders are tall. I am speaking from experience with my G. Skill RAM that had tall heat spreaders and it was a tight squeeze with the D14, but it did fit. The other thing to be wary about is if you are getting RAM that is 1866 or 2133, I would double check the compatibility with the Z77 so you know if you can run the RAM at that speed. My RAM wasn't suited to run at 2400, according to the compatibility list, but I did get it working with the XMP.
 
980X Build
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Ivy Bridge Core i7-3770K 4.5GHz @ 1.255V ASUS Sabertooth Z77 EVGA GeForce GTX 780ti G. Skill Ripjaws Z Series DDR3 2400 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G. Skill Ripjaws Z Series DDR3 2400 8gb (2 x 4gb) Samsung 850 Pro 256GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate 5TB LG Blu-Ray Drive Noctua DH-14 Windows 10 x64 Professional 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Gateway 24.5" HD Acer 23.5" 120Hz Razer Blackwidow Corsair AX1200 
CaseMouseAudio
LDCooling LD PC-V8 White on Black Razer Lachesis Onboard 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 980X Extreme EVGA E760 X58 3xSLI Classified EVGA GTX 680 12gb G. Skill Ripjaw 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
WD Caviar Black 640GB Intel SSD X25M WD Caviar Black/Blue 1TB LITE ON 24x DVD Writer 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 24" Gateway HD Razer Lycosa 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair AX1200 Coolermaster HAF X Razer Lachesis Onboard Audio 
  hide details  
Reply
 
980X Build
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Ivy Bridge Core i7-3770K 4.5GHz @ 1.255V ASUS Sabertooth Z77 EVGA GeForce GTX 780ti G. Skill Ripjaws Z Series DDR3 2400 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G. Skill Ripjaws Z Series DDR3 2400 8gb (2 x 4gb) Samsung 850 Pro 256GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate 5TB LG Blu-Ray Drive Noctua DH-14 Windows 10 x64 Professional 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Gateway 24.5" HD Acer 23.5" 120Hz Razer Blackwidow Corsair AX1200 
CaseMouseAudio
LDCooling LD PC-V8 White on Black Razer Lachesis Onboard 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 980X Extreme EVGA E760 X58 3xSLI Classified EVGA GTX 680 12gb G. Skill Ripjaw 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
WD Caviar Black 640GB Intel SSD X25M WD Caviar Black/Blue 1TB LITE ON 24x DVD Writer 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 24" Gateway HD Razer Lycosa 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair AX1200 Coolermaster HAF X Razer Lachesis Onboard Audio 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [Official] ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Owners Thread/Club