Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [Official] ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Owners Thread/Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Owners Thread/Club - Page 170

post #1691 of 6918
Hey guys, my first post I just need to know badly will this wireless adapter work with my Sabertooth z77 mother board? http://www.pcforce.co.nz/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13&products_id=1977 Cheers no advertising intended.
post #1692 of 6918
Sorry wrong topic, posting pics today
Edited by lilj - 7/23/12 at 3:18am
post #1693 of 6918
Can anyone please tell me which type of display port can be used on a Sabertooth Z77.
I've been trying to connect with a DVI displayport connector, but I don't seem to get any image...
I'm trying to remove my old Videocard, as I think it's not fitted for Virtu MVP.

Therefor I was thinking of using the onboard video adapter. (if there is any)

My current setup is :

MB : Asus Sabertooth Z77
CPU : Intel Core I7 3770K
Cooler : Corsair H60
Video : Nvidea GTX260
MEM : Corsair 2x4GB, DDR3, PC12800, CL8, Vengeance

BTW, where can I find any overclock templates? I've noticed you can import and export them in the BIOS.

Thanks..
post #1694 of 6918
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheepSide View Post

Hey guys, my first post I just need to know badly will this wireless adapter work with my Sabertooth z77 mother board? http://www.pcforce.co.nz/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13&products_id=1977 Cheers no advertising intended.
As long as you have a wireless router i do not see any reason it would not work. There are 3 available PCIe x1 ports on this board that will accept that card.
post #1695 of 6918
To: TigerDS

Try setting the the preferred gpu output to the PCIE slot in the bios.....also try setting the viru MVP off that is geared more towards sandy bridge processors, this is done in the bios as well.
My Rig
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-3570k Sabertooth Z77 MSI GTX 680 Lighting Corssair Vengence  
Optical DriveCoolingOSCase
Writemaster Corsair H100 Windows 7 Home Premium Antec eleve hundred  
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-3570k Sabertooth Z77 MSI GTX 680 Lighting Corssair Vengence  
Optical DriveCoolingOSCase
Writemaster Corsair H100 Windows 7 Home Premium Antec eleve hundred  
  hide details  
Reply
post #1696 of 6918
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerDS View Post

Can anyone please tell me which type of display port can be used on a Sabertooth Z77.
I've been trying to connect with a DVI displayport connector, but I don't seem to get any image...
I'm trying to remove my old Videocard, as I think it's not fitted for Virtu MVP.
Therefor I was thinking of using the onboard video adapter. (if there is any)
My current setup is :
MB : Asus Sabertooth Z77
CPU : Intel Core I7 3770K
Cooler : Corsair H60
Video : Nvidea GTX260
MEM : Corsair 2x4GB, DDR3, PC12800, CL8, Vengeance
BTW, where can I find any overclock templates? I've noticed you can import and export them in the BIOS.
Thanks..
I would not install virtu MVP at this time is still far from stable with an ivy bridge and discrete graphics. Disable any feature to use your onboard cpu graphics and just run that gtx 260. Unless you want to just use your 3770k graphics. Your discrete card does not look supported by virtu mvp. Page 5-12 in manual.smile.gif
sorry i didn't read that to well. pg 2-39 hdmi or display port allows for you to use your cpu for display.. And your Monitor has what type of inputs on it?
Edited by Hanoverfist - 7/23/12 at 8:12am
post #1697 of 6918
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerDS View Post

Can anyone please tell me which type of display port can be used on a Sabertooth Z77.
I've been trying to connect with a DVI displayport connector, but I don't seem to get any image...
I'm trying to remove my old Videocard, as I think it's not fitted for Virtu MVP.
Therefor I was thinking of using the onboard video adapter. (if there is any)
My current setup is :
MB : Asus Sabertooth Z77
CPU : Intel Core I7 3770K
Cooler : Corsair H60
Video : Nvidea GTX260
MEM : Corsair 2x4GB, DDR3, PC12800, CL8, Vengeance
BTW, where can I find any overclock templates? I've noticed you can import and export them in the BIOS.
Thanks..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanoverfist View Post

I would not install virtu MVP at this time is still far from stable with an ivy bridge and discrete graphics. Disable any feature to use your onboard cpu graphics and just run that gtx 260. Unless you want to just use your 3770k graphics. Your discrete card does not look supported by virtu mvp. Page 5-12 in manual.smile.gif
sorry i didnt read that to well. pg 2-39 hdmi or display port.. And your Monitor is?

I had this same issue a week ago also in addition to doing the things hanoverfist and I recommended, make sure that you have the most current drivers from Nvidia. Just remember if you think you changed around to many settings in the bios you can reset them to the default settings with the press of one of the F keys....bottom right hand corner of the bios will tell you which F key does what. And in the very worst scenario a fresh start usually does the trick by resetting the cmos (worst case).

important question:Is the system booting past the mobo logo screens and getting the windows logo screen then going black, and then your monitor says "no signal" or "no input"???? Also in many cases for me the computers hardware would turn on but no video output....sometimes it took 5x of turning the psu off then on to receive video output. I had this issue. I replaced my mobo with a new one....it fixed the problem!! However i had other problems that flagged my previous mobo as defective. mad.gif
My Rig
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-3570k Sabertooth Z77 MSI GTX 680 Lighting Corssair Vengence  
Optical DriveCoolingOSCase
Writemaster Corsair H100 Windows 7 Home Premium Antec eleve hundred  
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-3570k Sabertooth Z77 MSI GTX 680 Lighting Corssair Vengence  
Optical DriveCoolingOSCase
Writemaster Corsair H100 Windows 7 Home Premium Antec eleve hundred  
  hide details  
Reply
post #1698 of 6918
I see a a lot of questions about overclocking an ivy bridge chip in here and just had a read thru of this. So in case you are wondering and have not seen this have a read thru.. It is a gigabyte uefi bios but translates well to what uefi settings actually do. And yes LN2 is Awesome.thumb.gif

http://www.overclock.net/t/1247413/ivy-bridge-overclocking-guide-with-ln2-guide-at-the-end


Also more info herehttp://www.overclock.net/t/1248928/asus-z77-series-information-thread-drivers-bioses-overclocking-reviews-updated-6-25

UEFI tuning guide herehttp://www.mediafire.com/?l34d6j6c4wqfx69
Edited by Hanoverfist - 7/23/12 at 10:03am
post #1699 of 6918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fencer55 View Post

I just built a new computer. First two Asus P8Z77-V Pro motherboards were bad and had to be RMA'd. So I upgraded to the Z77 Sabertooth thinking I might have better luck with the top of the line board. The 2nd PCIe card slot went bad as soon as I got it home. Had to RMA that one, so now I"ve got Asus motherboard number 4 and its working. I'd be happy but there is another issue that's pissing me off.
My Asus Sabertooth Z77 takes over 60 seconds to post! That's unacceptable! I have an SSD boot drive and windows loads in 15 seconds to desktop and is usable, but I have to wait over a minute for the board to post.
Can anyone tell me if there is a fix for this issue? I've always loved Asus, but after this build, I may never use them again, its been a nightmare.
.

I flashed my bios with the new 1406 version and all my problems are solved. YAY! I now have an awesome system, AND, I forgive Asus for 3 bad mobos in a row, because when they work, they kick-ass! I now have an i5 3570K that overclocks from 3.4 to 4.6 without any heat issues whatsoever. I can run AIDA64 for 24 hours wihtout my temps exceeding the 70 dgrs celsius mark. My system now boots to desktop in 20 seconds and is usable immediately upon desktop display. The overclocking gods have smiled upon me. Some people want 4.8 ghz, but honestly, you won't notice the difference in everyday use. 4.6 ghz is very respectable for air cooling and anyone with a sound mind will be extremely happy with that result.
Edited by Fencer55 - 7/23/12 at 11:06am
post #1700 of 6918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fencer55 View Post

I flashed my bios with the new 1406 version and all my problems are solved. YAY! I now have an awesome system, AND, I forgive Asus for 3 bad mobos in a row, because when they work, they kick-ass! I now have an i5 3570K that overclocks from 3.4 to 4.6 without any heat issues whatsoever. I can run AIDA64 for 24 hours wihtout my temps exceeding the 70 dgrs celsius mark. My system now boots to desktop in 20 seconds and is usable immediately upon desktop display. The overclocking gods have smiled upon me. Some people want 4.8 ghz, but honestly, you won't notice the difference in everyday use. 4.6 ghz is very respectable for air cooling and anyone with a sound mind will be extremely happy with that result.

In my experience 4.6 with air cooling on a 3570k is a great achievement especially with temps like yours thumb.gif also not all chips are created equal in the sense of over clocking ability. When I swapped my defective sabertooth I also swapped my CPU (3570k) that particular chip could not go past 4.5ghz. My current CPU has reached 4.8ghz with ease! biggrin.gif
My Rig
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-3570k Sabertooth Z77 MSI GTX 680 Lighting Corssair Vengence  
Optical DriveCoolingOSCase
Writemaster Corsair H100 Windows 7 Home Premium Antec eleve hundred  
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-3570k Sabertooth Z77 MSI GTX 680 Lighting Corssair Vengence  
Optical DriveCoolingOSCase
Writemaster Corsair H100 Windows 7 Home Premium Antec eleve hundred  
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [Official] ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Owners Thread/Club