Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [Official] ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Owners Thread/Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Owners Thread/Club - Page 193

post #1921 of 6915
I ask your help, I want to know if the Sabertooth Z77 is compatible with memory Corsair CMZ8GX3M1A1600C10 Vengeance
is curious since the Web page does not appear CORSAIR CMZ32GX3M4X1600C10 (XMP) 32GB (8GBx4) DS - 10-10-10-27 1.50V but if it appears in the list of QVL for ASUS 7 Series, http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1155/P8Z77-V_LX/7series-8GB-QVL.pdf Sorry for so much trouble but here in mexico just sell CMZ8GX3M1A1600C10 and therefore wanted to know if I could be compatible

thanks
post #1922 of 6915
Quote:
Originally Posted by axs01 View Post

I ask your help, I want to know if the Sabertooth Z77 is compatible with memory Corsair CMZ8GX3M1A1600C10 Vengeance
is curious since the Web page does not appear CORSAIR CMZ32GX3M4X1600C10 (XMP) 32GB (8GBx4) DS - 10-10-10-27 1.50V but if it appears in the list of QVL for ASUS 7 Series, http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1155/P8Z77-V_LX/7series-8GB-QVL.pdf Sorry for so much trouble but here in mexico just sell CMZ8GX3M1A1600C10 and therefore wanted to know if I could be compatible
thanks
I can not be 100% positive but from looking at the specs of both, they share Identical timings and voltage.. That 32G is just a value for the kit size and you list a single stick 8G.. I would be willing to bet it would work.

Here's the meaning of each section in a bit more detail:

(1..2) Module Type
C XMS classic (old) heat spreader
X XMS classic (new) heat spreader
Z Vengeance series (all 1.5v)
D Dominator
P D but with something added
G GT with Airflow II
GS GT single module
T G but with something added
R Retail
E Non-Registered ECC
S Registered ECC
SO SoDIMM
N SoDIMM (N for notebook/netbook)
V Value Select (or equivalent)


#G Total Part Number Density
1G 1 GB
2G 2 GB
3G 3 GB
4G 4 GB
6G 6 GB
8G 8 GB
12G 12 GB
24G 24 GB


X# Memory Tech
X1 DDR1
X2 DDR2
X3 DDR3


M# # of Modules
M1 1 Module Kit
M2 2 Module Kit
M3 3 Module Kit
M4 4 Module Kit
M6 6 Module Kit



(1..2) Revision
A Made and tested for dual / triple channel systems
B Made and tested for dual / triple channel systems
C Made and tested for dual / triple channel systems
X Made and tested for quad channel systems


# Speed
800 800 MHz
1066 1066 MHz
1333 1333 MHz
1600 1600 MHz
1866 1866 MHz
2000 2000 MHz
2133 2133 MHz
2200 2200 MHz
2400 2400 MHz



C# CAS Latency
C1 CL1
C2 CL2
C3 CL3
C4 CL4
C5 CL5
C6 CL6
C7 CL7
C8 CL8
C9 CL9
C10 CL10



Here's what each section of the part number means:

Code Meaning
(1..2) Module Type
#G Total Part Number Density
X# Memory Tech (DDR1 / DDR2 / DDR3)
M# Module Quantity (Number of Modules)
(1..2) Revision
# Speed (MHz)
C# CAS Latency


So, applying this to the example gets us:

Part # Meaning
D Dominator
8G Kit contains 8 GB of memory
X3 DDR3
M4 4 Modules in the kit
A Revision A
1600 1600 MHz
C8 CAS Latency


So your only difference is X being quad channel tested and A being dual channel tested
__________________
Edited by Hanoverfist - 8/2/12 at 10:37am
post #1923 of 6915
Thank you very much for such detailed explanation really appreciate it, hope it works well and I have no q many options to buy here in mexico so will try to CMZ8GX3M1A1600C10
post #1924 of 6915
Quote:
Originally Posted by axs01 View Post

Thank you very much for such detailed explanation really appreciate it, hope it works well and I have no q many options to buy here in mexico so will try to CMZ8GX3M1A1600C10
thumb.gif
post #1925 of 6915
Hello again ! Im having a very annoying problem with my motherboard and RAM, the deal is, Im having the black vengeance 4x4 1600mhz RAM and as you can see on the pictures I posted earlier , Im only using 2 Dimms. The reason for that is because when I put all Dimms in my motherboard, its bluescreening at boot, suddenly I cant do anything, it works fine with 3 dimms in any slots but not 4. the MemOK! seems fine and the BIOS is on X.M.P. and set to 1600mhz, it worked for about 1 week then all of a sudden my pc just went to h and all problems started coming, now my pc is stable on 2 Dimms but If I put in the others it will Bluescreen, and ofc I wanna use what I paid for so do any have a solution for my problems? also Ive seen alot of people using same RAM and the set is on the "supported" list on ASUS sites... please help!

-Leander
post #1926 of 6915
From Asus website.

SABERTOOTH Z77 BIOS 1403
1.Improve Improve system stability.
2.Enhance compatibility with some USB devices.
3. Fixed Nvidia GTX 680 hang when runing with UEFI driver.
4.Support new CPUs. Please refer to our website at: http://support.asus.com/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx?SLanguage=en-us
post #1927 of 6915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantrill View Post

I've never upgraded the bios... is that bad? Not having any probs. Will be upgradeing to a 680 in about a month. Will I have probs then?



SABERTOOTH Z77 BIOS 1403
1.Improve Improve system stability.
2.Enhance compatibility with some USB devices.
3. Fixed Nvidia GTX 680 hang when runing with UEFI driver.
4.Support new CPUs. Please refer to our website at: http://support.asus.com/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx?SLanguage=en-us
post #1928 of 6915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leander999 View Post

Hello again ! Im having a very annoying problem with my motherboard and RAM, the deal is, Im having the black vengeance 4x4 1600mhz RAM and as you can see on the pictures I posted earlier , Im only using 2 Dimms. The reason for that is because when I put all Dimms in my motherboard, its bluescreening at boot, suddenly I cant do anything, it works fine with 3 dimms in any slots but not 4. the MemOK! seems fine and the BIOS is on X.M.P. and set to 1600mhz, it worked for about 1 week then all of a sudden my pc just went to h and all problems started coming, now my pc is stable on 2 Dimms but If I put in the others it will Bluescreen, and ofc I wanna use what I paid for so do any have a solution for my problems? also Ive seen alot of people using same RAM and the set is on the "supported" list on ASUS sites... please help!
-Leander
Have you tested each stick Individually using dimm A2 to verify they all work? And what bios are you using? Full model number of the modules if you got it.

Also found this using the search thread feature..searched " ram issues"
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegane20100

ihave 4 sticks when i instal the for the system hangs on red ram led
Had the same issue with mine when I first put it together. I found I could only use one stick, but after I updated to the latest bios all was fine with all four. If you have to, just use one stick to get everything up and running, then flash to new bios..

In that situation Bios update to latest Rev. worked:)
Edited by Hanoverfist - 8/2/12 at 1:44pm
post #1929 of 6915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanoverfist View Post

If your not having any issues I would keep what you got now. It's some fixes for 670 freezing issuues or something . What I read is that there server had problems and that's why it wasnot being seen on the site but you can believe what you want with that story.

Release date is different "2012.07.31".
Tonight I'll compare both old and new bios files to see if there is any binary difference between them.
I bet the 1st one was flawed and they took it down on purpose.
Edited by Augusto - 8/2/12 at 1:38pm
Main Rig
(14 items)
 
HTPC
(13 items)
 
Sony VAIO
(8 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600k Asus Sabertooth z77 MSI GTX 770 Gaming G. Skill Sniper 1600 2x4GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB Samsung 840 EVO 120GB LG DVD RW Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 7 Professional Samsung P2370 23" Thermaltake Purepower 600w ThermalTake Element T 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech MX300 Razer Goliathus Speed Edition 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel G530 Asus P8H61-M LX3 Sapphire HD 6450 1GB DDR3 Kingston 2x 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 6.0Gb/s LG DVD RW Stock Windows 7 Professional 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 40" LED Smart Tv Genius Sentey BRP 500w ATX 
Mouse
Genius 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo P8700 VPCCW13FL - Intel PM45 Nvidia GeForce G210M ELPIDA 2x 2GB DDR3 1066MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital Scorpio Black 320GB DVD-RW Windows 7 Home Premium 14.1 
  hide details  
Reply
Main Rig
(14 items)
 
HTPC
(13 items)
 
Sony VAIO
(8 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600k Asus Sabertooth z77 MSI GTX 770 Gaming G. Skill Sniper 1600 2x4GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB Samsung 840 EVO 120GB LG DVD RW Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 7 Professional Samsung P2370 23" Thermaltake Purepower 600w ThermalTake Element T 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech MX300 Razer Goliathus Speed Edition 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel G530 Asus P8H61-M LX3 Sapphire HD 6450 1GB DDR3 Kingston 2x 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 6.0Gb/s LG DVD RW Stock Windows 7 Professional 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 40" LED Smart Tv Genius Sentey BRP 500w ATX 
Mouse
Genius 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo P8700 VPCCW13FL - Intel PM45 Nvidia GeForce G210M ELPIDA 2x 2GB DDR3 1066MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital Scorpio Black 320GB DVD-RW Windows 7 Home Premium 14.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1930 of 6915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augusto View Post

Release date is different "2012.07.31".
Tonight I'll compare both old and new bios files to see if there is any binary difference between them.
I bet the 1st one was flawed and they took it down on purpose.

It did seem a little strange. I bet there was something wrong with it and thats just the story their going with...rolleyes.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [Official] ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Owners Thread/Club