Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [Official] ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Owners Thread/Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Owners Thread/Club - Page 205

post #2041 of 6915
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSE HTML Validator View Post

Thanks. I think I'll let others be the guinea pigs... though I probably shouldn't update because my system is working fine now at 4.4 GHz with a +.05 voltage offset. I tried 4.5 but it failed.
If anyone is doing 4.5 GHz with a 3770K, then could you share your overclock settings?


HI, I'd be happy with 4.4 GHz.  Can you provide us with YOUR BIOS settings?  thanks

post #2042 of 6915
Quote:
Originally Posted by radar54 View Post


HI, I'd be happy with 4.4 GHz.  Can you provide us with YOUR BIOS settings?  thanks

I'm "happy" with 4.4... but if I could easily do more, then why not? smile.gif

Basically, my settings are just 44x and a +.05 voltage offset.

Is using a voltage offset less stable than a fixed voltage (but uses less power)?

More:
Ai Overclock Tuner: X.M.P.
ASUS MultiCore Enhancement: Enabled
Internal PLL Overvoltage: Disabled
EPU Power Saving Mode: Disabled
CPU Spread Sprectrum: Disabled
LLC - 50%
VRM Spread Spectrum - Disabled
All "Current Capability" - 100%
post #2043 of 6915
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSE HTML Validator View Post

I'm "happy" with 4.4... but if I could easily do more, then why not? smile.gif
Basically, my settings are just 44x and a +.05 voltage offset.
Is using a voltage offset less stable than a fixed voltage (but uses less power)?
More:
Ai Overclock Tuner: X.M.P.
ASUS MultiCore Enhancement: Enabled
Internal PLL Overvoltage: Disabled
EPU Power Saving Mode: Disabled
CPU Spread Sprectrum: Disabled
LLC - 50%
VRM Spread Spectrum - Disabled
All "Current Capability" - 100%

A preferred method of OC is using offset check out the UEFI tuning guide.. if you already have then disregard..\

http://www.overclock.net/t/1246595/official-asus-sabertooth-z77-owners-thread-club/1690#post_17770919

Watch your loaded temps carefully .. i noticed your on air ..thumb.gif



http://www.overclock.net/t/1246595/official-asus-sabertooth-z77-owners-thread-club/1650#post_17752742
post #2044 of 6915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elloquin View Post

Check to make sure you don't have wake on LAN enabled.

I disabled that a while ago.
post #2045 of 6915
I noticed about a week ago Asus had removed their most recent bios for the Sabertooth Z77 briefly, It's back up now.. But does anyone know the reason behind them removing it briefly?, I'm debating re-flashing the bios again just to be on the safe side
post #2046 of 6915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnicurse View Post

I noticed about a week ago Asus had removed their most recent bios for the Sabertooth Z77 briefly, It's back up now.. But does anyone know the reason behind them removing it briefly?, I'm debating re-flashing the bios again just to be on the safe side
Are you referring to 1403? New one out today 1504:)

http://www.overclock.net/t/1246595/official-asus-sabertooth-z77-owners-thread-club/2030#post_17898161
post #2047 of 6915
I wanted to ask OCN a question but since I am planning on buying this motherboard, I thought I might just put my question here.

When installing a new motherboard, do you guys think it's better to do a fresh install of the OS or just connect the SSD with the "old" OS already installed? I re-installed my Windows 7 about 2 months ago...
post #2048 of 6915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevada88 View Post

I wanted to ask OCN a question but since I am planning on buying this motherboard, I thought I might just put my question here.
When installing a new motherboard, do you guys think it's better to do a fresh install of the OS or just connect the SSD with the "old" OS already installed? I re-installed my Windows 7 about 2 months ago...
Fresh install . No question. You don't want old drivers hanging around.thumb.gif
post #2049 of 6915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanoverfist View Post

Fresh install . No question. You don't want old drivers hanging around.thumb.gif

On the flip side, I didn't want to be overly bothered with reinstalling EVERYTHING so I placed my SSD into the new system, booted, it found most drivers, installed new one's and the system works like a charm. No complaints for me. When I move to Windows 8, I'll then spend the time to start from scratch.

Just make a full image backup of your SSD before attempting it, in case you don't like the results.

Good Luck!
post #2050 of 6915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevada88 View Post

I wanted to ask OCN a question but since I am planning on buying this motherboard, I thought I might just put my question here.
When installing a new motherboard, do you guys think it's better to do a fresh install of the OS or just connect the SSD with the "old" OS already installed? I re-installed my Windows 7 about 2 months ago...

It would 'work' without it but most would recommend a fresh install, especially as said above to eliminate unneeded drivers that will linger and possibly conflict with something.
Kaby Mullet
(27 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i7 7700K ASUS Maximux IX Hero NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti G.Skill TridentZ RGB Series 32GB DDR4 3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 960 EVO M.2 500GB NVMe Crucial M500 240Gb SSD Crucial M500 960Gb SSD Seagate 3TB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
WD MyCloud 4TB NAS Corsair Hydro Series H100i V2 Windows 10 Home x64 Acer Predator Z35P 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow Chroma EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2 Corsair 600C Razer Naga Epic Chroma 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
N/A Logitech Z506 Razer Man 'o War Chroma ButtKicker Gamer II 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Fanatec v2.5 Clubsport Pedals V3 Saitek X-52 Pro Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals 
OtherOtherOther
Obutto R3volution Gaming Cockpit Oculus Rift  Blue Yeti Blackout 
  hide details  
Reply
Kaby Mullet
(27 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i7 7700K ASUS Maximux IX Hero NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti G.Skill TridentZ RGB Series 32GB DDR4 3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 960 EVO M.2 500GB NVMe Crucial M500 240Gb SSD Crucial M500 960Gb SSD Seagate 3TB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
WD MyCloud 4TB NAS Corsair Hydro Series H100i V2 Windows 10 Home x64 Acer Predator Z35P 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow Chroma EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2 Corsair 600C Razer Naga Epic Chroma 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
N/A Logitech Z506 Razer Man 'o War Chroma ButtKicker Gamer II 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Fanatec v2.5 Clubsport Pedals V3 Saitek X-52 Pro Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals 
OtherOtherOther
Obutto R3volution Gaming Cockpit Oculus Rift  Blue Yeti Blackout 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [Official] ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Owners Thread/Club