Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [Official] ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Owners Thread/Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Owners Thread/Club - Page 215

post #2141 of 6915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanoverfist View Post

I have done two days of testing and have read about setting offset for days so its rather simple.. as you start increasing your multiplier so will the need to increase your offset.. by how much is determined by the ability to actually boot into windows then test at loaded without thermal throttling.. I have found the sweet spot for my setup at positive .045v and 46 multi.. If i go less of offset i am unstable and programs dont load and if i go higher it only adds to my loaded temps which is not what i want:thumb:
loaded this morning

Just checking temps and volts here..long term stable test with prime will be overnight..tonight ..will see in am what happens

What software is that showing your temps and other numbers?
post #2142 of 6915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenion View Post

What software is that showing your temps and other numbers?

http://www.overclock.net/t/1293395/oc-benchmark-toolkit#post_17920651

totally cool little Gadget.. customize your preferences by right clicking the sensor and add to gadget
Edited by Hanoverfist - 8/13/12 at 3:35pm
post #2143 of 6915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanoverfist View Post

http://www.overclock.net/t/1293395/oc-benchmark-toolkit#post_17920651
totally cool little Gadget.. customize your preferences by right clicking the sensor and add to gadget

Thanks, I think I'll just use your offset value to start:D (@4600 mhz)
I assume other settings are same as your previous screenshots?
post #2144 of 6915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenion View Post

Thanks, I think I'll just use your offset value to start:D (@4600 mhz)
I assume other settings are same as your previous screenshots?
yep.. oh i noticed my ram had kicked down from 2133 thats the only thing i changed..must have been one of my failed boots.. you have a good air cooler so yeah let it rip:thumb:
post #2145 of 6915
Thank you Hanover, youve been helpful! I have solved my first problem but now I have a worst problem. My 2nd PCI-E slot seems to be dead. After fixing my first problem, I notice I could not SLI. it will not detect the 2nd GPU; When I goto Bios and look it says "Not Present" when the clearly the card is plugged in snugged and connect to the power supply. Do you think its a dead PCIE SLOT?
post #2146 of 6915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drecapz View Post

Thank you Hanover, youve been helpful! I have solved my first problem but now I have a worst problem. My 2nd PCI-E slot seems to be dead. After fixing my first problem, I notice I could not SLI. it will not detect the 2nd GPU; When I goto Bios and look it says "Not Present" when the clearly the card is plugged in snugged and connect to the power supply. Do you think its a dead PCIE SLOT?
Try both cards one at a time in the 2nd slot and see what happens.
post #2147 of 6915
i dont sli..but is there a setting for sli in the bios anywhere..you missed.. looking now.,.

The only thing i see for PCIe slots 1 and 2 is under Advanced ...NB PCIe Config.. and that is just setting the link speed so i guess have both set to gen3.. or try and restore your board back to the original bios that was working...other then that.. I dont know
Edited by Hanoverfist - 8/13/12 at 5:21pm
post #2148 of 6915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drecapz View Post

Thank you Hanover, youve been helpful! I have solved my first problem but now I have a worst problem. My 2nd PCI-E slot seems to be dead. After fixing my first problem, I notice I could not SLI. it will not detect the 2nd GPU; When I goto Bios and look it says "Not Present" when the clearly the card is plugged in snugged and connect to the power supply. Do you think its a dead PCIE SLOT?

I am using SLI, I haven't got to install graphics driver and enable SLI yet but in BIOS NB PCIe Configuration setting I am able to set PCIEX16_1 and PCIEX16_2 on Gen3. (So my system can detect both of them)

I am also using version 1504 so you can probably rule that out.
Edited by Elenion - 8/13/12 at 5:46pm
post #2149 of 6915
Hi all, new owner and wanted to join the thread. Very happy with my move from Q6600/P5Q-Deluxe. Been playing around for a week and think I've found the sweet spot at 4.4. Need to upgrade cooling before shooting for more. New rig is Prime blend stable for 12 hours, IBT stable, and OCCT stable. Most bios settings set to stock/auto (except for offset and LLC).

OS: Windows 7 Pro 64
CPU: Intel 3770K @ 4.4 (1.211v @ load; 0.030 offset; Medium LLC)
CPU Cooling: Thermalright TRUE + Scythe SFF21F
Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z77 (BIOS 1504)
Memory: Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8 (2x4GB)
Video: XFX Radeon 6950 @ 900/1450 (stock voltage, 6970 shaders unlocked)
Monitor: ASUS VW224U LCD (1680x1050)
PSU: PCP&C 750w
Case: Antec 1200
Sound: Onboard Realtek ALC892
Hard Drives: OCZ Vertex 2 120GB (v1.35), WD Caviar Black 1TBx2, Seagate FreeAgent 500GB (external)

post #2150 of 6915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinch80 View Post

Hi all, new owner and wanted to join the thread. Very happy with my move from Q6600/P5Q-Deluxe. Been playing around for a week and think I've found the sweet spot at 4.4. Need to upgrade cooling before shooting for more. New rig is Prime blend stable for 12 hours, IBT stable, and OCCT stable. Most bios settings set to stock/auto (except for offset and LLC).
OS: Windows 7 Pro 64
CPU: Intel 3770K @ 4.4 (1.211v @ load; 0.030 offset; Medium LLC)
CPU Cooling: Thermalright TRUE + Scythe SFF21F
Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z77 (BIOS 1504)
Memory: Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8 (2x4GB)
Video: XFX Radeon 6950 @ 900/1450 (stock voltage, 6970 shaders unlocked)
Monitor: ASUS VW224U LCD (1680x1050)
PSU: PCP&C 750w
Case: Antec 1200
Sound: Onboard Realtek ALC892
Hard Drives: OCZ Vertex 2 120GB (v1.35), WD Caviar Black 1TBx2, Seagate FreeAgent 500GB (external)
Welcome to OCN:)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [Official] ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Owners Thread/Club