Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [Official] ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Owners Thread/Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Owners Thread/Club - Page 219

post #2181 of 6915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenion View Post

How fast (% speed) should assist fans be at idle and load? What about the CPU fans and case fans?
How do you OC RAM?
I know you have to tweak DRAM Voltage but what else?
How do you test its stability as you OC? Prime95? or Memtest86+?
My assist fans idle at 4100 and 4700 have set to turbo.. i like hearing them spool up when load increases.. dont know the rpm at load havent checked that yet..you can set your fan profiles to whatever you want in thermal radar or set some generic settings in bios.. set your ram frequency and voltage manually or you can use a xmp profile or you can increase your base clock ..those will all raise your mem frequency but base clock and xmp affect cpu as well. I set my ram and voltage manually..its not much yet


heres a list that another member has made of utilities http://www.overclock.net/t/1293395/oc-benchmark-toolkit#post_17920532
post #2182 of 6915
How safe is it to flash to a new bios with this board? It doesn't have a second backup bios like some video cards do right?

I ask because for some reason whenever I set Vcore offset it always resets to auto no matter what. Very happy with the board otherwise though.
3570k
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570k  Sabertooth Z77 MSI 7950 OC Twin Frozr III Gskill Ripjaws 8gb 1600  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 128gb Hyper 212+ Windows 7 64  LG 27" M2762D LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse Corsair TX750 Antec P180 Logitech G5  
  hide details  
Reply
3570k
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570k  Sabertooth Z77 MSI 7950 OC Twin Frozr III Gskill Ripjaws 8gb 1600  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 128gb Hyper 212+ Windows 7 64  LG 27" M2762D LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse Corsair TX750 Antec P180 Logitech G5  
  hide details  
Reply
post #2183 of 6915
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertIH4 View Post

How safe is it to flash to a new bios with this board? It doesn't have a second backup bios like some video cards do right?
I ask because for some reason whenever I set Vcore offset it always resets to auto no matter what. Very happy with the board otherwise though.
its very simple and i have not had any issues through 3 flashes.. I use the bios flashback method
http://www.overclock.net/t/1246595/official-asus-sabertooth-z77-owners-thread-club/2150#post_17930989
post #2184 of 6915
Cinebench run at 4.5

post #2185 of 6915
Hi Everyone, I am new here. So hello to you all smile.gif.

I have a question I hope you can answer. I've now had my computer for about a week and everything seems to be working as it should. Except for one thing - the AI Suite which sometimes gives me some warnings like "+3.3V 0.000 V"
So I started to monitor my system with CPUID and this is the result after I've played games.

Now my question, are the numbers normal?

Oh and my system is as follows:
Processor: i7 3770
heatsink: Hyper 212 evo
Motherboard: Sabertooth z77 (Bios 1504)
RAM: Corsair DDR3 8GB PC1866 CL9 Vengeance
PSU: Corsair TX750W (taken from my old computer 3-4 years old)
Graphic card: Asus GTX 680 DirectCU II TOP
Case: antec 1200

Everything in BIOS is standard has not changed anything.


post #2186 of 6915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipping View Post

Hi Everyone, I am new here. So hello to you all smile.gif.
I have a question I hope you can answer. I've now had my computer for about a week and everything seems to be working as it should. Except for one thing - the AI Suite which sometimes gives me some warnings like "+3.3V 0.000 V"
So I started to monitor my system with CPUID and this is the result after I've played games.
Now my question, are the numbers normal?
Oh and my system is as follows:
Processor: i7 3770
heatsink: Hyper 212 evo
Motherboard: Sabertooth z77 (Bios 1504)
RAM: Corsair DDR3 8GB PC1866 CL9 Vengeance
PSU: Corsair TX750W (taken from my old computer 3-4 years old)
Graphic card: Asus GTX 680 DirectCU II TOP
Case: antec 1200
Everything in BIOS is standard has not changed anything.


from that shot. your bios is reporting your 3v rail dropping out ..I would keep an eye on that..does it only happen when you put a load on the cpu? Have you experienced any other issues? I have the same PSU as you.

typical report from 3v rail while under load would be


Edited by Hanoverfist - 8/16/12 at 7:59am
post #2187 of 6915
Hello gentlemen,

Reported in this tread a while ago about RAM not working properly. Anyway, went to my retailer yesterday and got my board replaced. Everything is working fine now!

I had no real need for getting a new mobo but I just liked the look and features of this board so much that I couldn't hold myself back wink.gif.

Here's how my rig looks right now:










I'm finally really starting to be satisfied with both the components and the looks of my rig smile.gif. Be sure to let me know what you think!

As for the board, I haven't done that much testing yet, but so far the board is very promising. While doing a Heaven benchmark (everything maxed of course, at 1080p) with everything on stock my average FPS increased from 43.0 to 44.0 compared to my old motherboard (Asus P8P67), which is about 2.3%. Now, I do not find that bad at all for just a mobo upgrade. Enabling Virtu MVP boosted my FPS to 44.9, OK I guess but not that much.

The only complaint I have so far is that the AI Suite software was a pain for me to install (thermal radar wasn't working at first), I ran into problems which I think were caused by me upgrading from an older version of the AI suite for my old mobo. I had to fiddle around in the register but in the end I managed to install the software properly. Anyway, not really a big deal.

Great experience with this board overall so far! thumb.gif
Main rig
(15 items)
 
Spare rig
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4770K Asus Sabertooth Z87 2X EVGA 1080 FE SLI Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB @2133MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2X Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 3TB Crucial M500 960GB SSD LiteOn iHBS112 BD-RE Corsair H100i w/ 2X Noctua NF-F12 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro LG 34UM95-P Realforce 87U Corsair AX860 
CaseMouseAudio
In Win Tòu Logitech G502 Asus Xonar DGX 
  hide details  
Reply
Main rig
(15 items)
 
Spare rig
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4770K Asus Sabertooth Z87 2X EVGA 1080 FE SLI Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB @2133MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2X Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 3TB Crucial M500 960GB SSD LiteOn iHBS112 BD-RE Corsair H100i w/ 2X Noctua NF-F12 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro LG 34UM95-P Realforce 87U Corsair AX860 
CaseMouseAudio
In Win Tòu Logitech G502 Asus Xonar DGX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2188 of 6915
^^^^
Quote:
I'm finally really starting to be satisfied with both the components and the looks of my rig . Be sure to let me know what you think!

Cable management is Top Shelf tongue.gif Nice Work
post #2189 of 6915
Do we need to have PWM fans to be able to control the speed via the BIOS or a Fan Controller?
post #2190 of 6915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friction View Post

Do we need to have PWM fans to be able to control the speed via the BIOS or a Fan Controller?

Nope. I have no pwm fans and board fan headers and my fan controller ramp the voltage to them just fine. thumb.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [Official] ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Owners Thread/Club