Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [Official] ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Owners Thread/Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Owners Thread/Club - Page 669

post #6681 of 6919
Quote:
Originally Posted by francisw19 View Post

It's possible to fit the 40mm Noctua in the spot near the rear I/O ports. I've see a few users do this with no problems fitting (linky). No experience with this personally, but I thought I'd pass that on. However, this doesn't work for the other assist fan near the PCIe slots since that will only accept 35mm fans.

Regarding your offset, it's not unusual to have a negative offset. My 3770K is like this with 4.4 GHz as well. But at 4.5 GHz, I need a slight positive offset. It's going to be different with every chip, but as long as you're stable then it's not a problem. Something to watch for, however, is if you have a very large negative offset this will result in a very low idle voltage which can lead to some stability issues. I don't think a -0.020 V offset will cause any issues, but it's just something to keep in mind as your tweaking your OC. smile.gif

Hi,
Thanks for the fast reply I will try the noctua in the rear and In the PCI zone I keep the sabertooth fan.
In the overclock im happy to heard this...Im scared because I thought that this voltage are to low for the Overclock but you say me that is good =D

Finally I have other question.. In my overclock I have the Turbo Disabled or so I think... Because I put the Turbo Off then I put the Multiplier To 44 and quickly the Turbo puts Enabled automatically and I cant put it on Disabled because the option is Off

How I can be sure that the turbo is removed???

Thanks for the reply

(Sorry for my bad English)
post #6682 of 6919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nextgeo View Post

Hi,
Thanks for the fast reply I will try the noctua in the rear and In the PCI zone I keep the sabertooth fan.
In the overclock im happy to heard this...Im scared because I thought that this voltage are to low for the Overclock but you say me that is good =D

Finally I have other question.. In my overclock I have the Turbo Disabled or so I think... Because I put the Turbo Off then I put the Multiplier To 44 and quickly the Turbo puts Enabled automatically and I cant put it on Disabled because the option is Off

How I can be sure that the turbo is removed???

Thanks for the reply

(Sorry for my bad English)

Glad to help! thumb.gif

Regarding the Turbo, this is how it is supposed to work. Basically, the way Ivy Bridge works with overclocking is that the turbo multiplier is increased. If the CPU is running stock, the turbo might go to, for example, 36x, 37x, etc... However, with overclocking, the Turbo is forced to go to the multiplier you enter (such as 43x, 44x, 45x, etc...). So for overclocking to work properly, turbo must be enabled. I hope that makes sense. smile.gif
post #6683 of 6919
Does anyone know how to check your cpu voltage with a DMM with this mobo??
post #6684 of 6919
Quote:
Originally Posted by francisw19 View Post

Glad to help! thumb.gif

Regarding the Turbo, this is how it is supposed to work. Basically, the way Ivy Bridge works with overclocking is that the turbo multiplier is increased. If the CPU is running stock, the turbo might go to, for example, 36x, 37x, etc... However, with overclocking, the Turbo is forced to go to the multiplier you enter (such as 43x, 44x, 45x, etc...). So for overclocking to work properly, turbo must be enabled. I hope that makes sense. smile.gif
Thanks other time for the fast reply !!

Ok now I understand that the Overclocking is based in the Turbo technology, I thought so at first... Well I continue try and Investigate the world of overclocking..

You think that if I Update the BIOS to the last version... The OC could change??? For example... Now I have 4,4Ghz with Offset -0.030 and If I update the BIOS could need More Voltage???

Thanksss!!
post #6685 of 6919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nextgeo View Post

Thanks other time for the fast reply !!

Ok now I understand that the Overclocking is based in the Turbo technology, I thought so at first... Well I continue try and Investigate the world of overclocking..

You think that if I Update the BIOS to the last version... The OC could change??? For example... Now I have 4,4Ghz with Offset -0.030 and If I update the BIOS could need More Voltage???

Thanksss!!

No problem! smile.gif

In my experience with this motherboard, I haven't seen any substantial changes in overclocks between BIOS upgrades. IIRC, the 1504 BIOS gave a good boost in RAM overclocking for me, but otherwise it's been quite uneventful between BIOS updates.
post #6686 of 6919
Quote:
Originally Posted by francisw19 View Post

No problem! smile.gif

In my experience with this motherboard, I haven't seen any substantial changes in overclocks between BIOS upgrades. IIRC, the 1504 BIOS gave a good boost in RAM overclocking for me, but otherwise it's been quite uneventful between BIOS updates.

Ok thanks for the reply.. If I have time i update the Bios Because there are new Versions and I have the 1708 xD

in the last two days my computer are doing things stranges... Actually I have 4,4Ghz with Offset - 0.030 I try to gave a plus of voltage because when I am passing the Linx Bench the voltage droops much
I try to put the voltage in offset - 0.025 and the computer dont Run good ..I turn on the computer the screen its a very low brightness the logo of BIOS appears and then.. Screen off and Windows dont Load.... I reset the PC enter in BIOS with very low brightness in the screen I put the voltage in 0.030 like before save changes restart... And the Computer run good... Its strange no???
The voltage cant ending in number 5?

Thanks!!!
post #6687 of 6919
Anyone else having issues with CPU-Z Ver.1.69.0 x64 Displaying a bus speed of 99.98? every other program shows 100.00 which is making a bit curious and concerned.
post #6688 of 6919
can't boot in UEFI mood it says current bios settings doesn't support boot device or something like that, my GPUs are UEFI Enabled from sapphire !
Zero Ex 2
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770K De-Lidded w/CLU @ 4.6 GHz ASUS Z77 TUF Sabertooth 2x Asus GTX 1080 Strix 8GB @ 2100/11000 MHZ SLI 2x Kingston Hyper-X Beast 8GB DDR3 @ 2200 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD Western Digital 60EZRX 6TB 5400RPM HDD Samsung SH-S203N 20X LightScribe DVD RW Corsair H100i + 4x CM 120mm @ Push/Pull 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
5x CM 120mm + 1x CM 230mm + 1x NZXT 140mm Windows 10 x64 Samsung UA50JS7200R 50'' 4K SUHD HDR Smart TV Gigabyte Aivia Osmium 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X-Series Gold 850W Cooler Master HAF 932 Gigabyte Aivia Krypton CM Storm Speed-RX S 
AudioAudioAudioOther
Creative SB X-FI Titanium Fatality Pro Edifier S760D 5.1 Dolby Digital Sound System Corsair Vengeance 2100 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Gamepad + Receiver 
Other
MSI Star PCI-E USB 3.0 Hub  
  hide details  
Reply
Zero Ex 2
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770K De-Lidded w/CLU @ 4.6 GHz ASUS Z77 TUF Sabertooth 2x Asus GTX 1080 Strix 8GB @ 2100/11000 MHZ SLI 2x Kingston Hyper-X Beast 8GB DDR3 @ 2200 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD Western Digital 60EZRX 6TB 5400RPM HDD Samsung SH-S203N 20X LightScribe DVD RW Corsair H100i + 4x CM 120mm @ Push/Pull 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
5x CM 120mm + 1x CM 230mm + 1x NZXT 140mm Windows 10 x64 Samsung UA50JS7200R 50'' 4K SUHD HDR Smart TV Gigabyte Aivia Osmium 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X-Series Gold 850W Cooler Master HAF 932 Gigabyte Aivia Krypton CM Storm Speed-RX S 
AudioAudioAudioOther
Creative SB X-FI Titanium Fatality Pro Edifier S760D 5.1 Dolby Digital Sound System Corsair Vengeance 2100 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Gamepad + Receiver 
Other
MSI Star PCI-E USB 3.0 Hub  
  hide details  
Reply
post #6689 of 6919
Quote:
Originally Posted by JySzE View Post

Anyone else having issues with CPU-Z Ver.1.69.0 x64 Displaying a bus speed of 99.98? every other program shows 100.00 which is making a bit curious and concerned.
I have this problem... When I OC the CPU I have the same problem 99,98 in the bus speed... Its strange because when I set BIOS with Default Valors the CPUZ shows 100,3 in Bus Speed
post #6690 of 6919
Download cpu-z 1.66.1 x64 it solved my problem. Core temp and real temp and hwinfo and ai suite all said 100.00 but cpu z is the only one that was wrong until i rolled back to 1.66.1 thats when it was perfect.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [Official] ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Owners Thread/Club