Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [Official] ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Owners Thread/Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Owners Thread/Club - Page 69

post #681 of 6915
To all the AMD converts..welcome to the club. I came from a 990fxa-ud7 I used a 1100t and an FX-8150...tell you what, I'll nvr go back to the 8150 ..EVER! I wish I still had my 1100t cause I'd use it on my UD-7 as a server. I am so glad I went with INTEL. The 1100tx6 served me well and I would probably have stuck with AMD but when I got Bulldozer and the FX-8150 ...well I don't know how to describe it without being vulgar.

I should have known from the day of purchase that the new AMD chipset would be doomed. I had to return the mobo I purchased 5 times( Gigabyte 990fxa-ud5, they ran out of boards to exchange so I had to pay extra to get the ud-7) to exchange it for one that worked. This board, the Sabertooth, I built and fired up with np. I am very pleased, actually i am beyond pleased. I'm sure I'll run into hiccups and such but in the meantime I'll ride my roller coaster of satisfaction and enjoy it.

A good passive Heatsink should be fine for a low noise cooling solution. All the coolers mentioned above are great selections. For lower ambiant heat output I'd go with a closed water loop. The H100 or the Antec 920. I have used both and they performed very well. I used them on My AMD chips, both notorious for high temps..I did like the Antec 920 due to the bundled software that monitored temps and enabled you to control the fan via desktop opposed to manually pressing a button to raise fan speed and pump speed. the H100, to me, had a better placement. Being on the top it was nice to have an exhaust that conformed to the laws of physics ( heat rises) to relase the heat my gpus made.

I've also used the 212 evo before. It was nice. reasonble temp for the price but to me it felt like there was more ambiant heat than either of the water loops...If you are looking for cooler with a good price tag go with the 212. If you are willing to pay for good temps , ( in my opinion) lower ambiant heat, and easy control over fans then go with the Antec920 or H100.
Intel Sys
(17 items)
 
My Sniper
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 3570k MSI MPower EVGA 670 FTW Patriot Extreme Performance Enhanced Latency Ki... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Agility 120g LG BlueRay burner Apogee HD/DangerDen RAD res, 2x Swiftech rads, ... W7 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2x LG 32' SteelSeries Merc Gaming Board OCZ 850watt CM Storm Trooper 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Razer Naga Razer Vesputa Pioneer Amp NZXT Hue 
Other
Syth Kaze Master Pro 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8150 Gigabyte 990fxa UD-7 Asus GTX570/ sli Corsair Vengence  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
OCZ Agility3  WD Caviar Black x2 WD Caviar Green LG Blue-Ray 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H100 W7 64 32" LG and 32" Vizio Merc z-board 
PowerCaseMouse
Ultra 1000w CM Sniper Razor Naga 
  hide details  
Reply
Intel Sys
(17 items)
 
My Sniper
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 3570k MSI MPower EVGA 670 FTW Patriot Extreme Performance Enhanced Latency Ki... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Agility 120g LG BlueRay burner Apogee HD/DangerDen RAD res, 2x Swiftech rads, ... W7 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2x LG 32' SteelSeries Merc Gaming Board OCZ 850watt CM Storm Trooper 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Razer Naga Razer Vesputa Pioneer Amp NZXT Hue 
Other
Syth Kaze Master Pro 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8150 Gigabyte 990fxa UD-7 Asus GTX570/ sli Corsair Vengence  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
OCZ Agility3  WD Caviar Black x2 WD Caviar Green LG Blue-Ray 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H100 W7 64 32" LG and 32" Vizio Merc z-board 
PowerCaseMouse
Ultra 1000w CM Sniper Razor Naga 
  hide details  
Reply
post #682 of 6915
I have a question about my Sabertooth z77 board.

Here are some specs

Intel i7 3770K
16 GB of Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 9-10-9-27
Corsair HX850 PSU
EVGA GTX 580 SC
Installed in a Thermaltake Overseer RX-1 Case

Now here is the issue I am having...it is random and unpredictable and only effects this one peripheral.

I have a Thermaltake Challenger Ultimate keyboard. It has two connectors...one for the Keyboard and one for the lighting system. I have the keyboard, itself, connected to the USB 2.0 hub up top. I have the power connector in the Asmedia 3.0. Now...I don't know if many of you are familiar with the issues that the Logitech G series keyboard have with X58, and P67 chipset motherboards, but my situation somewhat is a mirror of that. I can use the keyboard 95% of the time, normally. Then for no reason, the keys become un-responsive. I can reboot and the keyboard stays un-responsive...now catch this...I can reboot...hit esc to enter the bois of the MB and get in with no problems...I can reboot into an Acronis recovery disk and the keyboard will work. In order to get the keyboard to respond in Windows...I have to either unplug and replug...or shut down and power back up. Sometimes it happens when the machine is dead cold. Sometimes, it happens for no reason. I have chatted with Thermaltake support about this. As with the people on the Logitech boards, they have almost the exact symptoms. What's on common? These keyboards have USB hubs built into them. Also...the software to program the keyboards is written by the same company for both Thermaltake and Logitech.

One thing that seemed to aggravate the situation the other day...I upgraded my Asus AI suite....my take...when something polls the hardware of my machine...the keyboard seems to go asleep. I have the latest bios 1015 and have been tempted to backflash to the 900 one. The new bios was supposed to fix some USB compatibility issues with some peripherals...obviously not the keyboard.

Anyone familiar with this kind of issue???

Thanks in advance....

Bob
post #683 of 6915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blatsz32 View Post

To all the AMD converts..welcome to the club. I came from a 990fxa-ud7 I used a 1100t and an FX-8150...tell you what, I'll nvr go back to the 8150 ..EVER! I wish I still had my 1100t cause I'd use it on my UD-7 as a server. I am so glad I went with INTEL. The 1100tx6 served me well and I would probably have stuck with AMD but when I got Bulldozer and the FX-8150 ...well I don't know how to describe it without being vulgar.
I should have known from the day of purchase that the new AMD chipset would be doomed. I had to return the mobo I purchased 5 times( Gigabyte 990fxa-ud5, they ran out of boards to exchange so I had to pay extra to get the ud-7) to exchange it for one that worked. This board, the Sabertooth, I built and fired up with np. I am very pleased, actually i am beyond pleased. I'm sure I'll run into hiccups and such but in the meantime I'll ride my roller coaster of satisfaction and enjoy it.
A good passive Heatsink should be fine for a low noise cooling solution. All the coolers mentioned above are great selections. For lower ambiant heat output I'd go with a closed water loop. The H100 or the Antec 920. I have used both and they performed very well. I used them on My AMD chips, both notorious for high temps..I did like the Antec 920 due to the bundled software that monitored temps and enabled you to control the fan via desktop opposed to manually pressing a button to raise fan speed and pump speed. the H100, to me, had a better placement. Being on the top it was nice to have an exhaust that conformed to the laws of physics ( heat rises) to relase the heat my gpus made.
I've also used the 212 evo before. It was nice. reasonble temp for the price but to me it felt like there was more ambiant heat than either of the water loops...If you are looking for cooler with a good price tag go with the 212. If you are willing to pay for good temps , ( in my opinion) lower ambiant heat, and easy control over fans then go with the Antec920 or H100.

Sorry...posted to the wrong question...
post #684 of 6915
Quote:
Originally Posted by atinoco View Post

Hey guys any of you guys know if the CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3 1866 model CMZ16GX3M4X1866C9R work well with this mobo?, the 8 GB kit (2x 4 GB) Model CMZ8GX3M2A1866C9 it's in the QVL but the 16 GB isn't, are those the same modules in the 8 GB and the 16 GB kit? should I go for the 16 GB kit or get 2 or the 8 GB kits that are in QVL? I'd rather get the 16 GB 4x4 GB matched kit if it's the same ram, since i might use the same memory next year if I upgrade to a quad channel motherboard.
242
thanks for the feedback
-Andres

I purchased this memory and it is solid and fast!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233248&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&PageSize=10&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&IsFeedbackTab=true#scrollFullInfo

Not a big Windows index score person...but gives a 7.9 on the Sabertooth z77.
post #685 of 6915
Hi all , about time i joined!
i have had a sabertooth in a box for a while waiting on my other components and they are finally here
i am running a 3770k with an antec h20 920 and after the motherboard splash screen a warning appears about the cpu fan , however it seem to be running fine.
are there any bios settings i need to change?
i could check my self however if there is a problem with the fan i dont want to keep it running for very long at all incase of cpu damage.

any ideas would be appreciated

complete specs:
sabertooth z77 Mobo
3770k cpu
antec h20 920 cooling
Corsair Vengeance 32GB Dual Channel kit 4x 8GB PC12800 DDR3
SilverStone ST75F 750W PSU
Silverstone SST-TJ09B Case

Currently deciding on a new gfx card , ,running an old asus 5870 while waiting

ill post pics once all running .
post #686 of 6915
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryhhh View Post

Hi all , about time i joined!
i have had a sabertooth in a box for a while waiting on my other components and they are finally here
i am running a 3770k with an antec h20 920 and after the motherboard splash screen a warning appears about the cpu fan , however it seem to be running fine.
are there any bios settings i need to change?
i could check my self however if there is a problem with the fan i dont want to keep it running for very long at all incase of cpu damage.
any ideas would be appreciated
complete specs:
sabertooth z77 Mobo
3770k cpu
antec h20 920 cooling
Corsair Vengeance 32GB Dual Channel kit 4x 8GB PC12800 DDR3
SilverStone ST75F 750W PSU
Silverstone SST-TJ09B Case
Currently deciding on a new gfx card , ,running an old asus 5870 while waiting
ill post pics once all running .

You should be able to go into the bios and set the monitor for CPU fan to "Ignore" and that should stop the message.
post #687 of 6915
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryhhh View Post

Hi all , about time i joined!
i have had a sabertooth in a box for a while waiting on my other components and they are finally here
i am running a 3770k with an antec h20 920 and after the motherboard splash screen a warning appears about the cpu fan , however it seem to be running fine.
are there any bios settings i need to change?
i could check my self however if there is a problem with the fan i dont want to keep it running for very long at all incase of cpu damage.
any ideas would be appreciated
complete specs:
sabertooth z77 Mobo
3770k cpu
antec h20 920 cooling
Corsair Vengeance 32GB Dual Channel kit 4x 8GB PC12800 DDR3
SilverStone ST75F 750W PSU
Silverstone SST-TJ09B Case
Currently deciding on a new gfx card , ,running an old asus 5870 while waiting
ill post pics once all running .

Mine has the same fan error. Just turn it off in the bios. I have a H100 and I have it pluged in via molex. So no fan is connect to the CPU fan port. Also, I think the same happens when you plug a 3 pin in the 4pin CPU connect
 
Grateful
(19 items)
 
Black Ivy
(22 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-6400 2.7 Ghz Inspiron 3650 EVGA GTX 1050ti 8 Gigs DDR3L (1x8GB) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1 TB 7200 DVD Burner Windows 10 Pro / Windows 7 Ultimate 23" Asus VH238H 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
23" Dell S2318HN/NX Vizio D24-D1 Smart 1080P HDTV Logitech K520 Wireless 240 Watts 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Inspiron 3650 Logitech M510 Wireless Black Mouse Mat Logitech z506 5.1 75W RMS 
OtherOther
Logitech Gamepad F310 Dual LCD Flat Screen Monitor V Stand 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4770k (4.5ghz @ 1.351v) stable Asus Z87 Deluxe MSI GTX 770 TF OC (2gb) Corsair Vengeance 1600 16GB (4x4GB 1.5v cl9) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Plextor M6V (256gb) Barracuda 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s  LG Bluray UH12NS30 Hydro Series H105 (push/pull) 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
NZXT AC-SEN-3-B1 Sentry 3 5.4'' Touch Screen Fa... Windows 10 Pro 64bit AOC G2460PQU (24" 144hz 1m GtG 1080p) ROCCAT Rios MK Pro (MX Browns) 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic SS-1050XP3 (1050w Platinum) Corsair Obsidian 750D Logitech G502 Proteus Core Logitech G240 
AudioAudioOther
Realtek® ALC1150 8-Channel High Definition Audi... Logitech Z506 75W RMS 5.1 Surround  (2) LOGISYS Computer ML12RD 12" 18 LED Super Br... 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Grateful
(19 items)
 
Black Ivy
(22 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-6400 2.7 Ghz Inspiron 3650 EVGA GTX 1050ti 8 Gigs DDR3L (1x8GB) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1 TB 7200 DVD Burner Windows 10 Pro / Windows 7 Ultimate 23" Asus VH238H 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
23" Dell S2318HN/NX Vizio D24-D1 Smart 1080P HDTV Logitech K520 Wireless 240 Watts 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Inspiron 3650 Logitech M510 Wireless Black Mouse Mat Logitech z506 5.1 75W RMS 
OtherOther
Logitech Gamepad F310 Dual LCD Flat Screen Monitor V Stand 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4770k (4.5ghz @ 1.351v) stable Asus Z87 Deluxe MSI GTX 770 TF OC (2gb) Corsair Vengeance 1600 16GB (4x4GB 1.5v cl9) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Plextor M6V (256gb) Barracuda 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s  LG Bluray UH12NS30 Hydro Series H105 (push/pull) 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
NZXT AC-SEN-3-B1 Sentry 3 5.4'' Touch Screen Fa... Windows 10 Pro 64bit AOC G2460PQU (24" 144hz 1m GtG 1080p) ROCCAT Rios MK Pro (MX Browns) 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic SS-1050XP3 (1050w Platinum) Corsair Obsidian 750D Logitech G502 Proteus Core Logitech G240 
AudioAudioOther
Realtek® ALC1150 8-Channel High Definition Audi... Logitech Z506 75W RMS 5.1 Surround  (2) LOGISYS Computer ML12RD 12" 18 LED Super Br... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #688 of 6915
Quote:
Originally Posted by atinoco View Post

Hey guys any of you guys know if the CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3 1866 model CMZ16GX3M4X1866C9R work well with this mobo?, the 8 GB kit (2x 4 GB) Model CMZ8GX3M2A1866C9 it's in the QVL but the 16 GB isn't, are those the same modules in the 8 GB and the 16 GB kit? should I go for the 16 GB kit or get 2 or the 8 GB kits that are in QVL? I'd rather get the 16 GB 4x4 GB matched kit if it's the same ram, since i might use the same memory next year if I upgrade to a quad channel motherboard.
242
thanks for the feedback
-Andres
I have 16g corsair quad channel in this board now. Works just fine. No harm done and can upgrade boards in the future.
post #689 of 6915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Overlord View Post


yes to all
This is my first Asus board, I simply put the bios file into my flash drive and made sure to put the flash drive in the usb port labeled bios flash or something along those lines
The update fixes some stability issues and adds more cpu model support.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by navit View Post


Yes thumb.gif

 

 

Thank you guys :)

post #690 of 6915

I am now worried if my Zalman CNPS 11X Cpu cooler will fit this board.

 

Any ideas?

 

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1616/1/

 

 

Also what would I loose if i dont install the motherboard fan near the CPU. I will install the one on the rear though.


Edited by iARDAs - 5/27/12 at 1:22am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [Official] ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Owners Thread/Club