I received all of my parts yesterday! Except for the top fans... I can't build this without the top fans! I started to assemble everything else though, and I ran into a couple of problems...
1. The BitsPower Compression fittings I got, are too large for my EK Res.Solution:
Dremel out the sides of the top and bottom a little to accommodate the fittings. My only concern with this, is that it will look terrible if I do it poorly.
2. The BitsPower fittings in my res don't fit next to each other.Solution:
Try to get them to fit after I dremel out the sides, or buy new fittings. I don't want to buy new fittings, because they won't match my other fittings, but buying new ones eliminates my first two problems... Dilemma! If anyone has any recommendations for fittings that will work with this res, and look similar to the bp fittings, I'm listening!
3. I wanted to mount my pump vertically, but I may not have anywhere to bolt it down.
How I want it mounted:
Where I want to mount it:Solution:
Try to mount it at the very bottom of the tray (Doesn't look like I would have room). Possibly attach another piece of metal to bolt it to.
Or I could attach it to the bottom of the case like this, although I prefer the way it looks vertically, and the res will feed the pump more directly if it is vertical:
4. I haven't exactly figured out the best way to drain my loop yet...Solution:
Unknown. Possibly install 2 drains under the res? Or should I just Pull one of my tubes off when I need to drain?
5. More of a nuisance than a problem really, but the 220mm Yate Loon fan I ordered (Need to figure out how to mount this as well) has some blue plastic inside of it, that does not belong there. It looks like I need to take the fan apart anyway, to install the white leds I bought for it, but come on, it looks awful.