Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › New Roccat Savu optical mouse.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Roccat Savu optical mouse. - Page 25

post #241 of 705
I JUST bought a Logitech gaming mouse, but I would get this in a heartbeat if the mouse wheel had a "left" and "right"

I use that mousewheel left and right to bind things in game.

I am sure to buy their ROCCAT PHOBOS keyboard though once it is released (as long as they change the left SHIFT setup it has right now).
ROG II Extreme
(14 items)
 
Small Giant
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 940 ASUS Rampage II Extreme Gigabyte GTX 670 Corsair Dominator 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
X25-M Sony BlueRay Xigmatec Thor's Hammer Windows 7 Home Premium 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell UltraSharp 24" MX5500 Corsair HX 1000 Cooler Masters Cosmos S 
MouseMouse Pad
G9x Razer Vespula 
  hide details  
Reply
ROG II Extreme
(14 items)
 
Small Giant
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 940 ASUS Rampage II Extreme Gigabyte GTX 670 Corsair Dominator 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
X25-M Sony BlueRay Xigmatec Thor's Hammer Windows 7 Home Premium 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell UltraSharp 24" MX5500 Corsair HX 1000 Cooler Masters Cosmos S 
MouseMouse Pad
G9x Razer Vespula 
  hide details  
Reply
post #242 of 705
Hi there, this is my first ever post on OCN biggrin.gif

I have just bought Savu in the last weekend after reading this thread and testing different mice in retail shops. I am liking it so much that I feel compelled to share some views on the mouse and add more to this thread rolleyes.gif

My brief impressions on Savu
- Shape is easy for clawpaw, fingertip or claw - I'm still switching between these grips to see which one I prefer on this mouse.
- Weight of 90g is much lighter and more comfortable than G500, my other mouse.
- It glides well on Hien Mid and QcK mini...
- All the buttons' actuation force and tactitle feedback are just right, and the wheel feels great
- I like the sandpaper sides and rubber top. The mouse feels built like a tank, but I'm not going to beat it out to test its durability wink.gif
- At 1600DPI or lower, no jitter on Hien Mid or QcK mini, but at 4000DPI it jitters a lot unless I use it on the desk. Yet to get a hard pad for testing.
- I have no test for acceleration, nor can I feel it.
- While it has no onboard memory, the driver is great (albeit with bugs). Moreover, the mouse seems to have memory of the DPI setting which can be carried forward to another machine without driver.
- Easy-shift is surprisingly intuitive to use, I certainly prefer this to the buttons on G500.
- The braided cable is surprisingly flexible compared with the one on G500.

My biggest gripe is the LED. I know that many here deem LED a useless function, but it is important for me because I so often looked at it to appreciate the beauty of Savu rolleyes.gif

Savu's LED, while advertised to be customizable in 16.8million colours, is not calibrated at all. I mean, the intensity of R, G and B are certainly different and when I customize the LED to 255 255 255, the resulting color is a strong shade of bluish purple and far from white. To get closer to white, I actually set it to 80 255 24. This is how uncalibrated the LED is.

I mainly use the mouse in the office, but I also bring it home for LoL sessions at night. I now prefer Savu for both uses over my G500 despite the lack of hyper scrolling thumb.gif

Some little drawing test of my Savu on QcK mini, Hien Mid (not Hard XD), and my desk. My first time to make these drawings, so please tell me if I have done it wrongly redface.gif





Thank you for reading biggrin.gif
post #243 of 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by raisinbun View Post

- While it has no onboard memory, the driver is great (albeit with bugs).D

Keep checking ROCCATs website, usually they offer updated drivers to fix bugs.

Btw it has 512KB on board memory.
post #244 of 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skar View Post

Keep checking ROCCATs website, usually they offer updated drivers to fix bugs.
Btw it has 512KB on board memory.

I've mentioned the bugs to customer support and I was told that they will be fixed. So yes, I am looking forward to updating the driver.

I doubt it has onboard memory. It is not advertised anywhere on Roccat's website or on the box of Savu. I would also expect some options relating to the onboard memory in the driver if there is any.
post #245 of 705
It does have on board memory. You can test that by saving specific settings and swapping computers ^^

PS: Rather large amount as the above poster stated.
post #246 of 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by raisinbun View Post

I've mentioned the bugs to customer support and I was told that they will be fixed. So yes, I am looking forward to updating the driver.
I doubt it has onboard memory. It is not advertised anywhere on Roccat's website or on the box of Savu. I would also expect some options relating to the onboard memory in the driver if there is any.
It's coming to the point where so many mice have it that advertising it is like advertising that it has buttons. Of course, Roccat actually does advertise that.

By the way, What's the verdict on this mouse? Any major issues?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 860 MSI P55-GD 85 PNY GTX 570 16 GB Muskin Blackline 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
WD Caviar Black 1TB Crucial SDD some LG SATA thing 7 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2311H CM Quickfire red SeaSonic X-650 Lian Li PC-B10 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Cm spawn Artisan Hayate HiFiMan HE-500 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 860 MSI P55-GD 85 PNY GTX 570 16 GB Muskin Blackline 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
WD Caviar Black 1TB Crucial SDD some LG SATA thing 7 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2311H CM Quickfire red SeaSonic X-650 Lian Li PC-B10 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Cm spawn Artisan Hayate HiFiMan HE-500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #247 of 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phos View Post

It's coming to the point where so many mice have it that advertising it is like advertising that it has buttons. Of course, Roccat actually does advertise that.
By the way, What's the verdict on this mouse? Any major issues?

Verdict is that it's yet another one of the "flawless" avago 3090 mice. These include the Razerdeath adder/abyssus, Zowie AM/EC, Logitech MX518/G400, and CM Storm Spawn. Pick your poison, you have brands of mice to chose from if you like flawless tracking.
post #248 of 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylit View Post

It does have on board memory. You can test that by saving specific settings and swapping computers ^^
PS: Rather large amount as the above poster stated.

If Skylit says so then it is probably true... I guess I will test it out thumb.gif As I said, I noted that the DPI setting was saved onboard. I will test other features as well, but when I have more free time on my home computers...

Still, it is strange that I cannot find any official source that at least hint the presence of onboard memory in the mouse. Does anyone care to point it out?
Edited by raisinbun - 8/29/12 at 10:33pm
post #249 of 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogenes5 View Post

Verdict is that it's yet another one of the "flawless" avago 3090 mice. These include the Razerdeath adder/abyssus, Zowie AM/EC, Logitech MX518/G400, and CM Storm Spawn. Pick your poison, you have brands of mice to chose from if you like flawless tracking.

I can't agree with that statement, but of the bunch, the DA and Savu have the best tracking fidelity per specific surface IMHO. I can't speak for max IPS (tracking speed) though. I haven't really tested in that regard ^^
post #250 of 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by raisinbun View Post

If Skylit says so then it is probably true... I guess I will test it out thumb.gif As I said, I noted that the DPI setting was saved onboard. I will test other features as well, but when I have more free time on my home computers...
Still, it is strange that I cannot find any official source that at least hint the presence of onboard memory in the mouse. Does anyone care to point it out?



There it is wink.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › New Roccat Savu optical mouse.