Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › New Roccat Savu optical mouse.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Roccat Savu optical mouse. - Page 4

post #31 of 705
Someone should mention or tell him that the z-axis issue is a trait of Philips Doppler sensors only.
post #32 of 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylit View Post

Someone should mention or tell him that the z-axis issue is a trait of Philips Doppler sensors only.

I think he uses the Z-Axis "label" to account for lift-off artifacts.

In that regard, his method of testing is ok.

However, it raises an eyebrow to see he tested for accel on a Mac, a platform with inherent acceleration - which can be turned off though, but it raises more doubts than it solves.
post #33 of 705
Oh it's fine, I'm just saying that current cmos based sensors won't exhibit the "defined" issue.
Edited by Skylit - 6/10/12 at 10:33am
post #34 of 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeMS View Post

However, it raises an eyebrow to see he tested for accel on a Mac, a platform with inherent acceleration - which can be turned off though, but it raises more doubts than it solves.

He's probably running Windows on it. Seen plenty of people back in the day at College with Macbook Pro's and bootcamp.
Desktop (Main)
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 5820K ASUS X99-A/USB 3.1  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Kingston HyperX 16GB 3Ghz  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro Seagate Barracuda 1.5 TB Seagate Barracuda 2.0 TB Seagate Barracuda 4TB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Barracuda 4TB Le random dvd writer Corsair Hydro Series™ H100i Windows 10 Professional 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
iiyama ProLite G2773HS Corsair K70 Super Flower 1200W (Platinum) Corsair 600T Black 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Nixeus Revel Allsop Raindrop XL ASUS Xonar Essence STXII Sennheiser HD650 
Audio
Musical Fidelity X-Can v3 
  hide details  
Reply
Desktop (Main)
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 5820K ASUS X99-A/USB 3.1  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Kingston HyperX 16GB 3Ghz  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro Seagate Barracuda 1.5 TB Seagate Barracuda 2.0 TB Seagate Barracuda 4TB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Barracuda 4TB Le random dvd writer Corsair Hydro Series™ H100i Windows 10 Professional 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
iiyama ProLite G2773HS Corsair K70 Super Flower 1200W (Platinum) Corsair 600T Black 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Nixeus Revel Allsop Raindrop XL ASUS Xonar Essence STXII Sennheiser HD650 
Audio
Musical Fidelity X-Can v3 
  hide details  
Reply
post #35 of 705
Hello everyone smile.gif

So is this mouse any good? (sorry to ask you that) but from what i understand it uses avago 3090, but also philps hardware?
Looking to buy a new mouse, since i couldn't get used to G400 and also deathadder is a little big to me (comfortable)...
Any ideas? (sorry if this is the wrong thread i can start a new one).
Old but fast
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K Asus P8Z77-V LE AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series G. 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
G. Samsung 500GB LG dvd wr arctic cooler freezer 13 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
win 7 64 Benq XL 2411t Roccat Arvo corsair tx650 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CM 690 II Advanced Zowie ec2-a SS Qck Heavy Sennheiser hd 558 & zalmann mic clip 
Audio
Asus Xonar Dx 
  hide details  
Reply
Old but fast
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K Asus P8Z77-V LE AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series G. 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
G. Samsung 500GB LG dvd wr arctic cooler freezer 13 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
win 7 64 Benq XL 2411t Roccat Arvo corsair tx650 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CM 690 II Advanced Zowie ec2-a SS Qck Heavy Sennheiser hd 558 & zalmann mic clip 
Audio
Asus Xonar Dx 
  hide details  
Reply
post #36 of 705
Nice mouse. Yes it uses the 3090 but not philips hardware. If you change DPI regularly, switching on this mouse takes some time getting used to since it has no dedicated DPI switch button, instead it uses the shift+ system (press the key modifier then a button on the mouse to execute stuff). Weight is good. Cord is abit flexible. Nice feet. Nice scroll wheel. I quite like the rough textured sides - makes it easier to lift off. The shape can take getting used to since it's different from my collection of mice. I have gotten used to it and find it very comfortable. Lift off distance is abit high though - around 3 CD.
post #37 of 705
Lo Endorphine,thumb.gif

Thanks for your reply;) wow that's quite a LOD. Can it be fixed with scotch tape? Is it smaller than DA? Asking this because i have medium hands and i have some difficulties when i try to pick him up, he's a little bit large for my hand.(also had G400 but i didn't like that lip and it got me some cramps, tried to sand it but didn't go very well;p). How about the switches? Are they soft as DA or stiff as zowie am? (Don't have one but i read a lot this forum threads wink.gif )
From the pics i saw does he have the same lip as G400? If the LOD can't be fixed yet maybe I'll stick with my beloved DA smile.gif
Once again ty for your opinion.

P.s as for switching dpi I'm a one man dpi... don't change it in desktop or gaming, i change the sensitivity in game;)
Edited by Snakesoul - 6/10/12 at 3:54pm
Old but fast
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K Asus P8Z77-V LE AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series G. 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
G. Samsung 500GB LG dvd wr arctic cooler freezer 13 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
win 7 64 Benq XL 2411t Roccat Arvo corsair tx650 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CM 690 II Advanced Zowie ec2-a SS Qck Heavy Sennheiser hd 558 & zalmann mic clip 
Audio
Asus Xonar Dx 
  hide details  
Reply
Old but fast
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K Asus P8Z77-V LE AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series G. 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
G. Samsung 500GB LG dvd wr arctic cooler freezer 13 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
win 7 64 Benq XL 2411t Roccat Arvo corsair tx650 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CM 690 II Advanced Zowie ec2-a SS Qck Heavy Sennheiser hd 558 & zalmann mic clip 
Audio
Asus Xonar Dx 
  hide details  
Reply
post #38 of 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by end0rphine View Post

Nice mouse. Yes it uses the 3090 but not philips hardware. If you change DPI regularly, switching on this mouse takes some time getting used to since it has no dedicated DPI switch button, instead it uses the shift+ system (press the key modifier then a button on the mouse to execute stuff). Weight is good. Cord is abit flexible. Nice feet. Nice scroll wheel. I quite like the rough textured sides - makes it easier to lift off. The shape can take getting used to since it's different from my collection of mice. I have gotten used to it and find it very comfortable. Lift off distance is abit high though - around 3 CD.

Actually the MCU is an NXP model. NXP is a division of Philips iirc.

tongue.gif
post #39 of 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakesoul View Post

Lo Endorphine,thumb.gif
Thanks for your reply;) wow that's quite a LOD. Can it be fixed with scotch tape? Is it smaller than DA? Asking this because i have medium hands and i have some difficulties when i try to pick him up, he's a little bit large for my hand.(also had G400 but i didn't like that lip and it got me some cramps, tried to sand it but didn't go very well;p). How about the switches? Are they soft as DA or stiff as zowie am? (Don't have one but i read a lot this forum threads wink.gif )
From the pics i saw does he have the same lip as G400? If the LOD can't be fixed yet maybe I'll stick with my beloved DA smile.gif
Once again ty for your opinion.
P.s as for switching dpi I'm a one man dpi... don't change it in desktop or gaming, i change the sensitivity in game;)

Haven't tried the tape fix yet, but when I look at the bottom of the sensor, it looks like Roccat had tried their own method of trying to lower the LOD by creating some sort of indent where the light shines. The right side of the mouse is straight - no lip. Easy to claw, but if I palm, I usually place my ring finger on that right ledge.

EDIT: I guess 3CD is pushing it. More along 2CD if slightly higher. 2.5CD to be exact? lol
And yes its smaller than the DA. The DA measure around 128mm x 68 x 44mm or something
The savu is 120x70x40. The width isn't really that wide either since the thumb indent is pretty deep.

700

700
Edited by end0rphine - 6/10/12 at 4:19pm
post #40 of 705
How are the Malfunction speed and Perfect control speed on this mouse? I don't really trust 1 persons enotus review.
Desktop (Main)
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 5820K ASUS X99-A/USB 3.1  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Kingston HyperX 16GB 3Ghz  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro Seagate Barracuda 1.5 TB Seagate Barracuda 2.0 TB Seagate Barracuda 4TB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Barracuda 4TB Le random dvd writer Corsair Hydro Series™ H100i Windows 10 Professional 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
iiyama ProLite G2773HS Corsair K70 Super Flower 1200W (Platinum) Corsair 600T Black 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Nixeus Revel Allsop Raindrop XL ASUS Xonar Essence STXII Sennheiser HD650 
Audio
Musical Fidelity X-Can v3 
  hide details  
Reply
Desktop (Main)
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 5820K ASUS X99-A/USB 3.1  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Kingston HyperX 16GB 3Ghz  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro Seagate Barracuda 1.5 TB Seagate Barracuda 2.0 TB Seagate Barracuda 4TB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Barracuda 4TB Le random dvd writer Corsair Hydro Series™ H100i Windows 10 Professional 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
iiyama ProLite G2773HS Corsair K70 Super Flower 1200W (Platinum) Corsair 600T Black 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Nixeus Revel Allsop Raindrop XL ASUS Xonar Essence STXII Sennheiser HD650 
Audio
Musical Fidelity X-Can v3 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › New Roccat Savu optical mouse.