Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › [Official] The Ivy Bridge Stable / Suicide Club **Guides, Voltages, Temps & BIOS Templates** Inc SPREADSHEET
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The Ivy Bridge Stable / Suicide Club **Guides, Voltages, Temps & BIOS Templates** Inc SPREADSHEET - Page 21

post #201 of 3792
I'd like to back up opt33's findings. My profiles that used 75% LLC (volts remain same idle/load) required only 0.005v more going to 277, whereas my profiles using 0% LLC (max vdroop) required as much as 0.020v.

BTW, my ASUS has handy access points too, and CPUz reads my voltages in steps of 0.008 biggrin.gif
My PC
(16 items)
 
Living Room
(3 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3770K @ 4.5 x 4 or 4.6 x 3, 1.26v, de-lid... MAXIMUS V GENE Radeon HD 7970 GHz @ 1080/1525 2 x 4GB G.Skill @ 2200MHz, 9-10-10-29-2t, 1.60v 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 250GB 2 x 3TB Seagate ST3000VX000 LG Blu-Ray Burner Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Lapped 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8 64-bit ASUS VG236HE 23" 2ms 120Hz Logitech 920-000914 Black 106 Normal Keys USB W... Kingwin 550W Platinum 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Design Define R4 Logitech G9x Rocketfish Sound Blaster ZxR 
MotherboardRAMOS
TZ68A+ Mushkin  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
  hide details  
Reply
My PC
(16 items)
 
Living Room
(3 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3770K @ 4.5 x 4 or 4.6 x 3, 1.26v, de-lid... MAXIMUS V GENE Radeon HD 7970 GHz @ 1080/1525 2 x 4GB G.Skill @ 2200MHz, 9-10-10-29-2t, 1.60v 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 250GB 2 x 3TB Seagate ST3000VX000 LG Blu-Ray Burner Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Lapped 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8 64-bit ASUS VG236HE 23" 2ms 120Hz Logitech 920-000914 Black 106 Normal Keys USB W... Kingwin 550W Platinum 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Design Define R4 Logitech G9x Rocketfish Sound Blaster ZxR 
MotherboardRAMOS
TZ68A+ Mushkin  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
  hide details  
Reply
post #202 of 3792
Which voltage i should increase if Prime95 27.7 caused a system freeze (No BSOD) after almost 11 hours ?.
I was thinking about Vcore but not really sure.

I don't really plan to do anything but gaming on this PC, shall i consider this "stable" enough ?.

450
post #203 of 3792
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoxtxt View Post

Which voltage i should increase if Prime95 27.7 caused a system freeze (No BSOD) after almost 11 hours ?.
I was thinking about Vcore but not really sure.
I don't really plan to do anything but gaming on this PC, shall i consider this "stable" enough ?.
it is probably more than stable enough for every day usage. if you want to get it to make 12hr the smallest bump you can will probably do it
...
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 760 Asus P7p55d-e LX(RMA) MSI Nvidia 9800gtx+ Corsair dominator 2x2gb 1600mhz 7-7-7-18  
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung 500gb Stock Windows/Linux 650W 
  hide details  
Reply
...
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 760 Asus P7p55d-e LX(RMA) MSI Nvidia 9800gtx+ Corsair dominator 2x2gb 1600mhz 7-7-7-18  
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung 500gb Stock Windows/Linux 650W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #204 of 3792
Quote:
Originally Posted by punceh View Post

it is probably more than stable enough for every day usage. if you want to get it to make 12hr the smallest bump you can will probably do it

Thanks for answering.
I forgot to tell, during that Prime95 27.7 session i had the CPU PLL reduced to 1.65 (1.80v Default), perhaps this could be the reason ?.
post #205 of 3792
Yep, I sure would.
COMPUTER
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570K Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce OC 2GB Samsung 30nm 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD Caviar Blue WD Caviar Black NZXT Havik 140 Windows 7 64bit 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8 64bit ASUS GD235HZ (GD245HQ) 120Hz Dell OCZ GameXStream 850W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Carbide 300R Logitech G9 naked Allsop Black Cloth (low profile) Logitech G35 Surround 
  hide details  
Reply
COMPUTER
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570K Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce OC 2GB Samsung 30nm 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD Caviar Blue WD Caviar Black NZXT Havik 140 Windows 7 64bit 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8 64bit ASUS GD235HZ (GD245HQ) 120Hz Dell OCZ GameXStream 850W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Carbide 300R Logitech G9 naked Allsop Black Cloth (low profile) Logitech G35 Surround 
  hide details  
Reply
post #206 of 3792
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoxtxt View Post

Thanks for answering.
I forgot to tell, during that Prime95 27.7 session i had the CPU PLL reduced to 1.65 (1.80v Default), perhaps this could be the reason ?.
it could be, you can try turning it back up to 1.8 if you want but it could also not be the issue. did it make a 12h run before you lowered the pll or is this the first test? i would keep the pll 1.65 and just up the vcore a notch if i were you.
Edited by punceh - 5/9/12 at 9:30am
...
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 760 Asus P7p55d-e LX(RMA) MSI Nvidia 9800gtx+ Corsair dominator 2x2gb 1600mhz 7-7-7-18  
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung 500gb Stock Windows/Linux 650W 
  hide details  
Reply
...
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 760 Asus P7p55d-e LX(RMA) MSI Nvidia 9800gtx+ Corsair dominator 2x2gb 1600mhz 7-7-7-18  
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung 500gb Stock Windows/Linux 650W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #207 of 3792
Quote:
Originally Posted by punceh View Post

it could be, you can try turning it back up to 1.8 if you want but it could also not be the issue. did it make a 12h run before you lowered the pll or is this the first test? i would keep the pll 1.65 and just up the vcore a notch if i were you.

Yes,it was the first, i had a couple of sessions using Prime 26.6 but never tried more than 5 hours, this was the "real" test.
I will increase the Vcore to 1.19v (It was set to 1.185 with LLC set on Turbo) and keep the PLL to 1.65v.
post #208 of 3792
Just want to share my post about how terribad AIDA64 stress testing is:

I have been having the CRAZIEST problems with this motherboard. The voltages seem to be ALL over the place. I am trying to get a specific voltage on offset mode and every time I tweak it the voltages are WILDLY off from what they should be. Every time I move multipliers when I hit the same ones on a reboot the voltage are crazy different as well. I can not get a single stable voltage without using manual rather than offset. Also one thing that was super nuts is this is the first time I have used AIDA64 for stability tesy and where I could run 8 hours of that stability test and thought I was fine - when I went to run prime95 I would reboot within 20 seconds which made sense since Anno 2070 was experiencing random CTDs even though I thought my system was stable. I am back to the drawing board when it comes to OCing as my AIDA "tests" have been completely useless telling me my horribly unstable system is solid as a rock.

Doh! doh.gif
Asus ROG G751JY
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4710HQ @ 3.4 Intel H87 GTX 980m @ 1262/5410 w/PREMA BIOS v1.1.1 + Dre... 24GB 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung m.2 PCIE SSD OCZ Vertex 3 Samsung Evo 850 Bluray reader/writer 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Thermaltake Massive 14² Windows 10 x64 LG-D046C IPS @ 100hz  Corsair K70 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
230W Power Brick Asus ROG G751JY Logitech G502 Proteus Core RGB + G500 for travel HyperX smooth surface + Corsair hard surface fo... 
AudioAudioAudio
Sound Blaster Omni 5.1 USB w/dual array mic Ultrasone Pro 750 Sennheiser HD598 Special Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
Asus ROG G751JY
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4710HQ @ 3.4 Intel H87 GTX 980m @ 1262/5410 w/PREMA BIOS v1.1.1 + Dre... 24GB 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung m.2 PCIE SSD OCZ Vertex 3 Samsung Evo 850 Bluray reader/writer 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Thermaltake Massive 14² Windows 10 x64 LG-D046C IPS @ 100hz  Corsair K70 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
230W Power Brick Asus ROG G751JY Logitech G502 Proteus Core RGB + G500 for travel HyperX smooth surface + Corsair hard surface fo... 
AudioAudioAudio
Sound Blaster Omni 5.1 USB w/dual array mic Ultrasone Pro 750 Sennheiser HD598 Special Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
post #209 of 3792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exostenza View Post

Just want to share my post about how terribad AIDA64 stress testing is:
I have been having the CRAZIEST problems with this motherboard. The voltages seem to be ALL over the place. I am trying to get a specific voltage on offset mode and every time I tweak it the voltages are WILDLY off from what they should be. Every time I move multipliers when I hit the same ones on a reboot the voltage are crazy different as well. I can not get a single stable voltage without using manual rather than offset. Also one thing that was super nuts is this is the first time I have used AIDA64 for stability tesy and where I could run 8 hours of that stability test and thought I was fine - when I went to run prime95 I would reboot within 20 seconds which made sense since Anno 2070 was experiencing random CTDs even though I thought my system was stable. I am back to the drawing board when it comes to OCing as my AIDA "tests" have been completely useless telling me my horribly unstable system is solid as a rock.
Doh! doh.gif

I wouldnt use AIDA for stress testing. As far as monitoring voltages and other vitals it is a very nice and informational program.
Also I am not sure why you expect to see a solid voltage with offset mode. Offset mode will change the voltage based on the load.
If you are saying the voltage is crazy when on a constant load, then you need to increase your LLC(Load Line Calibration) higher precentage or lower level depending on your motherboard. LLC holds your voltage constant while under a load.

Also make sure speedstep and thermal throttling are disabled in the BIOS.
Ivy
(19 items)
 
fiance pc
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570K ASRock Extreme4 Z77 eVGA GTX 660 Ti Corsair Dominator DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate Barricuda 32MB Cache 7200RPM OCZ Vertex 3 SSD TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223B ATA XSPC Raystorm(Intel) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
XSPC Razor GTX 570 Magicool Slim 140mmX2 Radiator XSPC Res+Pump Combo Windows 7 Professional 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus 22in Widescreen 1680x1050 I-Rocks Light up Rosewill Xtreme 850W Green NZXT M59 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G500 Steelseries Qck+ Steelseries Siberia v1 Headset with USB Soundcard 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Quad Q9550 Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR nVidia Geforce GTX 260 Core 216 Corsair Dominator DDR3 1333MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate Barricuda 7200RPM XSPC Raystorm CPU (Intel) Windows 7 x64 HP 
KeyboardPowerMouseAudio
Logisys Light Up 650Watt 10 dollar special Steelseries 
  hide details  
Reply
Ivy
(19 items)
 
fiance pc
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570K ASRock Extreme4 Z77 eVGA GTX 660 Ti Corsair Dominator DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate Barricuda 32MB Cache 7200RPM OCZ Vertex 3 SSD TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223B ATA XSPC Raystorm(Intel) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
XSPC Razor GTX 570 Magicool Slim 140mmX2 Radiator XSPC Res+Pump Combo Windows 7 Professional 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus 22in Widescreen 1680x1050 I-Rocks Light up Rosewill Xtreme 850W Green NZXT M59 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G500 Steelseries Qck+ Steelseries Siberia v1 Headset with USB Soundcard 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Quad Q9550 Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR nVidia Geforce GTX 260 Core 216 Corsair Dominator DDR3 1333MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate Barricuda 7200RPM XSPC Raystorm CPU (Intel) Windows 7 x64 HP 
KeyboardPowerMouseAudio
Logisys Light Up 650Watt 10 dollar special Steelseries 
  hide details  
Reply
post #210 of 3792
Quote:
Originally Posted by aar0nsky View Post

I wouldnt use AIDA for stress testing. As far as monitoring voltages and other vitals it is a very nice and informational program.
Also I am not sure why you expect to see a solid voltage with offset mode. Offset mode will change the voltage based on the load.
If you are saying the voltage is crazy when on a constant load, then you need to increase your LLC(Load Line Calibration) higher precentage or lower level depending on your motherboard. LLC holds your voltage constant while under a load.
Also make sure speedstep and thermal throttling are disabled in the BIOS.

I mean base vcore in the BIOS. I don't expect to see anything stable in the software when I stress, but the base vcore in the BIOS is just wonky. It was fine before and now no matter what I do it just seems to arbitrarily pick where it wants to land every reboot unless I have manual on.

Waiting for a new BIOS to turn offset back on I guess....
Asus ROG G751JY
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4710HQ @ 3.4 Intel H87 GTX 980m @ 1262/5410 w/PREMA BIOS v1.1.1 + Dre... 24GB 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung m.2 PCIE SSD OCZ Vertex 3 Samsung Evo 850 Bluray reader/writer 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Thermaltake Massive 14² Windows 10 x64 LG-D046C IPS @ 100hz  Corsair K70 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
230W Power Brick Asus ROG G751JY Logitech G502 Proteus Core RGB + G500 for travel HyperX smooth surface + Corsair hard surface fo... 
AudioAudioAudio
Sound Blaster Omni 5.1 USB w/dual array mic Ultrasone Pro 750 Sennheiser HD598 Special Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
Asus ROG G751JY
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4710HQ @ 3.4 Intel H87 GTX 980m @ 1262/5410 w/PREMA BIOS v1.1.1 + Dre... 24GB 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung m.2 PCIE SSD OCZ Vertex 3 Samsung Evo 850 Bluray reader/writer 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Thermaltake Massive 14² Windows 10 x64 LG-D046C IPS @ 100hz  Corsair K70 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
230W Power Brick Asus ROG G751JY Logitech G502 Proteus Core RGB + G500 for travel HyperX smooth surface + Corsair hard surface fo... 
AudioAudioAudio
Sound Blaster Omni 5.1 USB w/dual array mic Ultrasone Pro 750 Sennheiser HD598 Special Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
  • [Official] The Ivy Bridge Stable / Suicide Club **Guides, Voltages, Temps & BIOS Templates** Inc SPREADSHEET
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › [Official] The Ivy Bridge Stable / Suicide Club **Guides, Voltages, Temps & BIOS Templates** Inc SPREADSHEET