Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › [Official] The Ivy Bridge Stable / Suicide Club **Guides, Voltages, Temps & BIOS Templates** Inc SPREADSHEET
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The Ivy Bridge Stable / Suicide Club **Guides, Voltages, Temps & BIOS Templates** Inc SPREADSHEET - Page 244

post #2431 of 3792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaled G View Post

Keep it under 100 for testing and 85 max for 24/7 usage, otherwise it'll start degrading (Slow painful Death).
At testing ti was around 100-103, during the day its around 70c max and at night i leave it on running some servers and the temps stay around 30-40c.
post #2432 of 3792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueberryjr View Post

At testing ti was around 100-103, during the day its around 70c max and at night i leave it on running some servers and the temps stay around 30-40c.
okay for anyone reading this thread. 100C is bad. But understandable if you are testing THAT'S IT THOUGH. Degredation happens through vcore and temps so love your chips guys. Also if you hate the heat. Just delid the sucker and temps are amazing afterwards.
post #2433 of 3792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgaur View Post

okay for anyone reading this thread. 100C is bad. But understandable if you are testing THAT'S IT THOUGH. Degredation happens through vcore and temps so love your chips guys. Also if you hate the heat. Just delid the sucker and temps are amazing afterwards.


So what your saying is, my 24/7 5.5ghz at 1.8 and 110C is bad? I think I'll be okay. Priming like a champ! rolleyes.gif
post #2434 of 3792
Quote:
Originally Posted by neopunx View Post

So what your saying is, my 24/7 5.5ghz at 1.8 and 110C is bad? I think I'll be okay. Priming like a champ! rolleyes.gif

your delidded you silly man you! biggrin.gif
post #2435 of 3792
Can't get past 4.6ghz on my 3570k+D14 @ 70F-80F ambients.

I have to up vCore outrageous amounts and it still refuses to be stable. I locked in all the options in "CPU Voltage" options on my board at stock values and I'm using only the offset.

Do I need to increase PLL voltage to get even higher frequencies? That's the only explanation other than I'm at my cooling limit (need to hit the offset 4-5 more times to get 4700 compared to 4600).
Yesz
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-3570K G1 Sniper M3 RX 480 16gb CL9 1600 1.5v 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Seagate 3TB Crucial 500GB SSD 1TB WD Black Noctua NH-D14 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Yamakasi Catleap 27" (2560x1440) dasKeyboard Silent (Browns) XFX 550w Silverstone PS07B 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Nixeus Revel SteelSeries Qck+ SR850/Klipsch 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
Yesz
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-3570K G1 Sniper M3 RX 480 16gb CL9 1600 1.5v 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Seagate 3TB Crucial 500GB SSD 1TB WD Black Noctua NH-D14 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Yamakasi Catleap 27" (2560x1440) dasKeyboard Silent (Browns) XFX 550w Silverstone PS07B 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Nixeus Revel SteelSeries Qck+ SR850/Klipsch 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2436 of 3792
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashFir View Post

Can't get past 4.6ghz on my 3570k+D14 @ 70F-80F ambients.
I have to up vCore outrageous amounts and it still refuses to be stable. I locked in all the options in "CPU Voltage" options on my board at stock values and I'm using only the offset.
Do I need to increase PLL voltage to get even higher frequencies? That's the only explanation other than I'm at my cooling limit (need to hit the offset 4-5 more times to get 4700 compared to 4600).
don't use offset to find you OC! Use manual and just keep trying untill you can do ibt or prime and the such.

Keep us informed!
post #2437 of 3792
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashFir View Post

Can't get past 4.6ghz on my 3570k+D14 @ 70F-80F ambients.
I have to up vCore outrageous amounts and it still refuses to be stable. I locked in all the options in "CPU Voltage" options on my board at stock values and I'm using only the offset.
Do I need to increase PLL voltage to get even higher frequencies? That's the only explanation other than I'm at my cooling limit (need to hit the offset 4-5 more times to get 4700 compared to 4600).

what Val says,

and..adjusting PLL is like finding youre stable vcore,
but lowering it a bit can make a oc stable, and get your
temps a bit down, you have to try, some have it as low as 1.5V,
i had 1.65-1.75V most of the time, now its back at 1.8V ..lol

someone did tell me to put it back on 1.8V for higher OC's tho,
but that was when i tried to get 4.8-4.9ghz oc's
you can go over 1.8V, but i dont have experience with that,
have to ask others about it..
Edited by VonDutch - 11/6/12 at 9:59am
BamBam
(17 items)
 
Pebbles
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd 8350 my kids rig :) Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 Gigabyte 7970 windforce Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
500gb OZC vertex 4  Scythe Mugen 3 rev b windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
acer 23 inch logitech G510 XFX ProSeries 750W XXX Edition Cooler Master CM 690 II 
MouseAudio
dell  Logitech X-530 
  hide details  
Reply
BamBam
(17 items)
 
Pebbles
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd 8350 my kids rig :) Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 Gigabyte 7970 windforce Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
500gb OZC vertex 4  Scythe Mugen 3 rev b windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
acer 23 inch logitech G510 XFX ProSeries 750W XXX Edition Cooler Master CM 690 II 
MouseAudio
dell  Logitech X-530 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2438 of 3792
Quote:
Originally Posted by VonDutch View Post

what Val says,
and..adjusting PLL is like finding youre stable vcore,
but lowering it a bit can make a oc stable, and get your
temps a bit down, you have to try, some have it as low as 1.5V,
i had 1.65-1.75V most of the time, now its back at 1.8V ..lol
someone did tell me to put it back on 1.8V for higher OC's tho,
but that was when i tried to get 4.8-4.9ghz oc's
you can go over 1.8V, but i dont have experience with that,
have to ask others about it..

Lol I use 1.9 pll.
post #2439 of 3792
Submitting for Suicide OC Club Approval:

Monitor 1


Monitor 2


I made the leap to the Intel side of things after my Mother-In-Law cooked her Dell inside of her computer desk. So I sold her my ASRock 890FX Deluxe 4, and swapped my unlocked X4 960T which was rock solid at 4.2GHz, with a friends X4 965 to put together a computer for her.

My new rig had a fresh Windows install and all updates done for about 15 minutes before I made a few quick adjustments for an initial overclock to get on the board here biggrin.gif
From what my temps and voltages are I'd say I did OK in the 'Silicon Lottery'. I went a little high on the voltage to ensure stability first time through. Come this weekend I'm gonna put some more time in for higher OC; want 5GHz at least!
Shrunken Beast
(28 items)
 
   
CPUCPUMotherboardRAM
Intel Core i7 4770k Delidded ASUS Z87 Gryphon Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB 2400 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Crucial M500 240Gb Intel 530 240GB OCZ Vertex 3 128GB XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC EX240 XSPC EX240 Koolance Compression Fittings Feser Silver Tubing 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Corsair SP120 High Performance x4 XSPC Dual 5.25" Reservoir Swiftech MCP-655 Yate Loon 20mm Medium Speed x2 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 10 Pro LG 23EA63V-P 23" Slim LED IPS LG 23EA63V-P 23" Slim LED IPS LG 23EA63V-P 23" Slim LED IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Corsair RX1000X Corsair Obsidian 350D Corsair Sabre RGB 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Corsair Vengeance MM600 Logitech Z623 Corsair Gaming Void RGB Headset Z87 Gryphon Armor Kit 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 4250U Intel NUC BOXD54250WYKH1 Intel HD5000 Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB DDR3L 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Crucial M500 mSATA Windows 7 Ultimate LG 50" LED 120Hz TV Logitech K400 
Mouse
Logitech K400 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen R7 1700 ASRock AB350m Pro 4 Gigabyte GTX 1060 6GB G1 Gaming Patriot Viper 4 - 8GB DDR4 3200MHz (PV48G320C6K) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Toshiba Q Series 128GB 6TB Toshiba N300 Samsung 4TB External Sandisk X110 256GB M.2  
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Panasonic UJ-265 Slim 6X Blu-ray Writer Cryorig M9 92mm Mini-Tower SilenX Effizio Thermistor Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Sharp Aquos 60" 120Hz Logitech K800 EVGA 850G2 SuperNova Silverstone GD09B 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Logitech G602 Logitech G240 Pioneer Elite VSX-LX101 XBOX One Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
Shrunken Beast
(28 items)
 
   
CPUCPUMotherboardRAM
Intel Core i7 4770k Delidded ASUS Z87 Gryphon Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB 2400 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Crucial M500 240Gb Intel 530 240GB OCZ Vertex 3 128GB XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC EX240 XSPC EX240 Koolance Compression Fittings Feser Silver Tubing 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Corsair SP120 High Performance x4 XSPC Dual 5.25" Reservoir Swiftech MCP-655 Yate Loon 20mm Medium Speed x2 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 10 Pro LG 23EA63V-P 23" Slim LED IPS LG 23EA63V-P 23" Slim LED IPS LG 23EA63V-P 23" Slim LED IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Corsair RX1000X Corsair Obsidian 350D Corsair Sabre RGB 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Corsair Vengeance MM600 Logitech Z623 Corsair Gaming Void RGB Headset Z87 Gryphon Armor Kit 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 4250U Intel NUC BOXD54250WYKH1 Intel HD5000 Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB DDR3L 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Crucial M500 mSATA Windows 7 Ultimate LG 50" LED 120Hz TV Logitech K400 
Mouse
Logitech K400 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen R7 1700 ASRock AB350m Pro 4 Gigabyte GTX 1060 6GB G1 Gaming Patriot Viper 4 - 8GB DDR4 3200MHz (PV48G320C6K) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Toshiba Q Series 128GB 6TB Toshiba N300 Samsung 4TB External Sandisk X110 256GB M.2  
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Panasonic UJ-265 Slim 6X Blu-ray Writer Cryorig M9 92mm Mini-Tower SilenX Effizio Thermistor Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Sharp Aquos 60" 120Hz Logitech K800 EVGA 850G2 SuperNova Silverstone GD09B 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Logitech G602 Logitech G240 Pioneer Elite VSX-LX101 XBOX One Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2440 of 3792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboyto View Post

Submitting for Suicide OC Club Approval:

Monitor 1


Monitor 2


I made the leap to the Intel side of things after my Mother-In-Law cooked her Dell inside of her computer desk. So I sold her my ASRock 890FX Deluxe 4, and swapped my unlocked X4 960T which was rock solid at 4.2GHz, with a friends X4 965 to put together a computer for her.

My new rig had a fresh Windows install and all updates done for about 15 minutes before I made a few quick adjustments for an initial overclock to get on the board here biggrin.gif
From what my temps and voltages are I'd say I did OK in the 'Silicon Lottery'. I went a little high on the voltage to ensure stability first time through. Come this weekend I'm gonna put some more time in for higher OC; want 5GHz at least!

 

Your chip does look fine, and you have all you need to be accepted as Ivy Bridge Stable! I'll add you to my spreadsheet for the OP. Good job.

3770K Gaming Sys
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3770K 4.5GHz Asus Sabertooth Z77 EVGA Gtx560ti 448 FTW (2x SLI) 16GB Crucial Ballistic Tactical 1866 9-9-9-24 1T 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
120GB SanDisk Extreme SSD  1TB WD Black Caviar  2TB Seagate Barracuda TSSTcorp cd/dvd/bd 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Coursair H80 Win7 64 Acer 27" Wide LCD HD Logitech Black Illuminated 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Coursair AX850 Cooler Master HAF 922  Kensington Yep! w/wristpad! 
AudioAudio
Xonar DX 7.1 PCIe Logitech Z906 5.1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500K 4.5GHZ 24/7 Ausu P8Z68-M Pro ATI 5770 Kingston Blue 1333 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Sandisk Extream 120GB SSD 750GB HDD CD/DVD Cooler Master 212 EVO 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 64bit 22" Flat Screen (non-wide) Yes! Corsair GS600 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master 912 Of course! nope intergrated & inexpensive speakers... 
  hide details  
Reply
3770K Gaming Sys
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3770K 4.5GHz Asus Sabertooth Z77 EVGA Gtx560ti 448 FTW (2x SLI) 16GB Crucial Ballistic Tactical 1866 9-9-9-24 1T 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
120GB SanDisk Extreme SSD  1TB WD Black Caviar  2TB Seagate Barracuda TSSTcorp cd/dvd/bd 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Coursair H80 Win7 64 Acer 27" Wide LCD HD Logitech Black Illuminated 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Coursair AX850 Cooler Master HAF 922  Kensington Yep! w/wristpad! 
AudioAudio
Xonar DX 7.1 PCIe Logitech Z906 5.1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500K 4.5GHZ 24/7 Ausu P8Z68-M Pro ATI 5770 Kingston Blue 1333 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Sandisk Extream 120GB SSD 750GB HDD CD/DVD Cooler Master 212 EVO 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 64bit 22" Flat Screen (non-wide) Yes! Corsair GS600 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master 912 Of course! nope intergrated & inexpensive speakers... 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
  • [Official] The Ivy Bridge Stable / Suicide Club **Guides, Voltages, Temps & BIOS Templates** Inc SPREADSHEET
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › [Official] The Ivy Bridge Stable / Suicide Club **Guides, Voltages, Temps & BIOS Templates** Inc SPREADSHEET