Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › [Official] The Ivy Bridge Stable / Suicide Club **Guides, Voltages, Temps & BIOS Templates** Inc SPREADSHEET
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The Ivy Bridge Stable / Suicide Club **Guides, Voltages, Temps & BIOS Templates** Inc SPREADSHEET - Page 67

post #661 of 3800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orc Warlord View Post

can someone add me to the list?
4.5ghz 1.208v HT on, i posted SS a few pages ago.
i only have a 16gb ram kit running at 1600mhz (corsair blue vengeance)

Send munaim a pm with the link to your post.
post #662 of 3800
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaFi0s0 View Post

So you RMAd the CPU based on it not passing the intel software test and they sent you another????

well newegg does not cross ship cpu's but since according to intel it was broken hell yea I RMA'd it and I just bought another so I did not have to wait for them to give me my money back for the first one. Obviously it was not broken intel was just being stupid by having people run a utility that one of the tests was not updated for ivy......
Gaming Machine
(19 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3770k Asus z77 P8Z77-LK V Sapphire 290x Sapphire 290x 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Gskill 4x4gb @ 1600mhz Samsung Evo 120gb Samsung Evo 120gb 2TB Seagate Game storage drive  
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
XSPC Raystorm CPU BLOCK EK Nickle/Acetal 290x Block  2x XSPC 240MM Radiator Windows 8.1  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Qnix Evolution II  Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid  Cooler Master V1000 Fractal Arc Midi R2 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G400 steel series qck Logitech G430 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Machine
(19 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3770k Asus z77 P8Z77-LK V Sapphire 290x Sapphire 290x 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Gskill 4x4gb @ 1600mhz Samsung Evo 120gb Samsung Evo 120gb 2TB Seagate Game storage drive  
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
XSPC Raystorm CPU BLOCK EK Nickle/Acetal 290x Block  2x XSPC 240MM Radiator Windows 8.1  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Qnix Evolution II  Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid  Cooler Master V1000 Fractal Arc Midi R2 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G400 steel series qck Logitech G430 
  hide details  
Reply
post #663 of 3800
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardwareDecoder View Post

well newegg does not cross ship cpu's but since according to intel it was broken hell yea I RMA'd it and I just bought another so I did not have to wait for them to give me my money back for the first one. Obviously it was not broken intel was just being stupid by having people run a utility that one of the tests was not updated for ivy......

But you got a better chip out of the deal, so it was a win for you! thumb.gif
post #664 of 3800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilo View Post

But you got a better chip out of the deal, so it was a win for you! thumb.gif

indeed and im super excited too cause this one is awesome
Gaming Machine
(19 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3770k Asus z77 P8Z77-LK V Sapphire 290x Sapphire 290x 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Gskill 4x4gb @ 1600mhz Samsung Evo 120gb Samsung Evo 120gb 2TB Seagate Game storage drive  
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
XSPC Raystorm CPU BLOCK EK Nickle/Acetal 290x Block  2x XSPC 240MM Radiator Windows 8.1  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Qnix Evolution II  Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid  Cooler Master V1000 Fractal Arc Midi R2 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G400 steel series qck Logitech G430 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Machine
(19 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3770k Asus z77 P8Z77-LK V Sapphire 290x Sapphire 290x 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Gskill 4x4gb @ 1600mhz Samsung Evo 120gb Samsung Evo 120gb 2TB Seagate Game storage drive  
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
XSPC Raystorm CPU BLOCK EK Nickle/Acetal 290x Block  2x XSPC 240MM Radiator Windows 8.1  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Qnix Evolution II  Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid  Cooler Master V1000 Fractal Arc Midi R2 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G400 steel series qck Logitech G430 
  hide details  
Reply
post #665 of 3800
Using OFF SET for vCore is pointless
If you are using offset voltages it is an unnecessary challenge, I retract my earlier statement on using offset for final OC settings for 4ghz+ overclocks here is why.

my cpu runs anywhere from 1.1509v to 1.1859v for VID in the 4.6-4.8ghz range. offset would have to be +0.20 to be stable.
Even at constant speed and load, VID fluctuates from -/+ 0.03v
even at "ultra high" cpu LLC since the voltage is dependent on VID i get anywhere from 1.3509v to 1.3859v
so even at 4.6ghz i need 1.165v+ to be stable, but with offset, there is a -/+0.03 extra the cpu is being fed, so my temps are actually HIGHER than with a constant voltage.

Offset was made so you would 1) have lower temps/power consumption because of lower idle voltage, 2) because of lower voltage your chip lasts longer....
for #1 I ran AIDA64 and saw what kind of power consumption the chip is capable of.

cpu with 1.170vCore at idle is around 8W
cpu with 0.800vCore at idle is around 7W

So lets assume 5W difference and your computer is on 24/7/365. or 8760hours a year. @ $0.11 a Kilowatt-hour, you would pay an additional <$5 a year.....
But since it is not on 24/7/365 and you will probably be using your comp at non-idle state, the money you save would be closer to $1 per year.
So if you were to think about using Offset, I think it's better just to maintain your voltage at a constant and dont deal with the headaches of trying to figure out your stable offset voltage.

for #2 I'm going to go with, since my running temps are lower, the benefit of lower load temps outweighs the lower temps i get at idle.

So if my assumptions are correct, there no point in using offset.

Also...
people say changing CPU PLL up or down helps them. I haven't had to change mine yet and 4.7g at 1.250v is stable for me with stock 1.80v CPU PLL.
My system is actually less stable if i change it from default. I've looked up what cpu pll is for and its for clocks around the cores.

Now heat coming from a process is proportional to the energy required by the system. for instance 1.8v cpu pll multiplied by the current is the energy it needs.
I'm assuming PLL doesn't need much current since all it's doing is figuring out the clock. so if the current is very small lets say 0.1A then you are running <0.2W from it.
lets assume a completely inefficient process so it will generate all 0.2W of heat from the energy it uses.
so compared to the 95W of heat an IB cpu is producing, the heat coming from cpu PLL is 0.2% of all the heat generated. even at 1% it is not much, and that is over estimating by a lot.
So I would say just leave it at 1.80v to make OCing easier.
post #666 of 3800
I'm getting "rounding error" in one of my 8 threads in Prime95 when I run FFT 1344/1344 with 90% ram. That's after maybe 3 hours.

Should I increase my vccio voltage (auto gives me 1.05).
Ivy
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 3770k Asus P8Z77 WS Asus GTX 680 2GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 16GB 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Intel 520 240GB SSD Intel 510 250GB SSD Intel 320 80GB SSD Corsair H100 2x AP-14 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro x64 Sony FW 900 24" CRT Steelseries 7G Corsair AX850 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Coolmaster Cosmos 2 Intellimouse Optical 1.1 Allsop Raindrop XXL Auzentech Forte 
  hide details  
Reply
Ivy
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 3770k Asus P8Z77 WS Asus GTX 680 2GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 16GB 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Intel 520 240GB SSD Intel 510 250GB SSD Intel 320 80GB SSD Corsair H100 2x AP-14 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro x64 Sony FW 900 24" CRT Steelseries 7G Corsair AX850 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Coolmaster Cosmos 2 Intellimouse Optical 1.1 Allsop Raindrop XXL Auzentech Forte 
  hide details  
Reply
post #667 of 3800
207

What kind of black magic sorcery are you guys into? devil-smiley-019.gif
SlowGrow
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3930k  MSI X79-GD65 (8D) MSI 7850 in CrossfireX G-skill RipJaws 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Barracuda ST500DM002 ASUS DVD/CD Burner Combo CoolerMaster Hyper 412 PWM Windows 7 Home Premium x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS 23.6 LCD Moniter 1920x1080 Resolution Logitech 920 Ultra Thin Illuminated Keyboard Thermeltake 750W Modular Power Supply Cooler Master HAF 912 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech M215 Umm Mouse pads are useless and obsolete IMO Logitech 5.1 Surround  
  hide details  
Reply
SlowGrow
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3930k  MSI X79-GD65 (8D) MSI 7850 in CrossfireX G-skill RipJaws 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Barracuda ST500DM002 ASUS DVD/CD Burner Combo CoolerMaster Hyper 412 PWM Windows 7 Home Premium x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS 23.6 LCD Moniter 1920x1080 Resolution Logitech 920 Ultra Thin Illuminated Keyboard Thermeltake 750W Modular Power Supply Cooler Master HAF 912 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech M215 Umm Mouse pads are useless and obsolete IMO Logitech 5.1 Surround  
  hide details  
Reply
post #668 of 3800
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebimbap View Post

Using OFF SET for vCore is pointless
If you are using offset voltages it is an unnecessary challenge, I retract my earlier statement on using offset for final OC settings for 4ghz+ overclocks here is why.
my cpu runs anywhere from 1.1509v to 1.1859v for VID in the 4.6-4.8ghz range. offset would have to be +0.20 to be stable.
Even at constant speed and load, VID fluctuates from -/+ 0.03v
even at "ultra high" cpu LLC since the voltage is dependent on VID i get anywhere from 1.3509v to 1.3859v
so even at 4.6ghz i need 1.165v+ to be stable, but with offset, there is a -/+0.03 extra the cpu is being fed, so my temps are actually HIGHER than with a constant voltage.
Offset was made so you would 1) have lower temps/power consumption because of lower idle voltage, 2) because of lower voltage your chip lasts longer....
for #1 I ran AIDA64 and saw what kind of power consumption the chip is capable of.
cpu with 1.170vCore at idle is around 8W
cpu with 0.800vCore at idle is around 7W
So lets assume 5W difference and your computer is on 24/7/365. or 8760hours a year. @ $0.11 a Kilowatt-hour, you would pay an additional <$5 a year.....
But since it is not on 24/7/365 and you will probably be using your comp at non-idle state, the money you save would be closer to $1 per year.
So if you were to think about using Offset, I think it's better just to maintain your voltage at a constant and dont deal with the headaches of trying to figure out your stable offset voltage.
for #2 I'm going to go with, since my running temps are lower, the benefit of lower load temps outweighs the lower temps i get at idle.
So if my assumptions are correct, there no point in using offset.
Also...
people say changing CPU PLL up or down helps them. I haven't had to change mine yet and 4.7g at 1.250v is stable for me with stock 1.80v CPU PLL.
My system is actually less stable if i change it from default. I've looked up what cpu pll is for and its for clocks around the cores.
Now heat coming from a process is proportional to the energy required by the system. for instance 1.8v cpu pll multiplied by the current is the energy it needs.
I'm assuming PLL doesn't need much current since all it's doing is figuring out the clock. so if the current is very small lets say 0.1A then you are running <0.2W from it.
lets assume a completely inefficient process so it will generate all 0.2W of heat from the energy it uses.
so compared to the 95W of heat an IB cpu is producing, the heat coming from cpu PLL is 0.2% of all the heat generated. even at 1% it is not much, and that is over estimating by a lot.
So I would say just leave it at 1.80v to make OCing easier.

Have you tried manual to see if the VID fluctuates or not? I'm ok with the .03 diff. since at idle I'm running at ~25C. At 1.24 I'm running roughly ~35-45C so I'd rather use offset to keep my temps lower on idle. That .03 is due to these programs not reading the exacty voltage. If you used an actual meter, it would stay a constant number.
post #669 of 3800
vCore = Offset + VID
my sensor is updates at a change of 0.002v


VID changes even if you keep load constant.
you could turn C-states off to keep VID constant but then what's the point of using offset since you'll be running at full speed entire time.
even at 1.165v 4.6ghz my temps are 21-47c playing d3.
Anyway I tested my setup with Offset and with constant voltage and all other settings the same.

these are my conclusions Constant voltage is more stable
constant voltages has lower max temps.
constant voltages don't change with "very high" LLC even during load.

My theory is because the voltage is changing from 0.800v to what ever load is 1.207 max at 0.02v offset, if the voltage is not high enough by the time the cpu needs it, you are unstable
so in conclusion you need higher transient response from your VRMs or higher base voltage which offsets any temp or power savings you get from having used offset.
post #670 of 3800
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebimbap View Post

vCore = Offset + VID
my sensor is updates at a change of 0.002v
VID changes even if you keep load constant.
you could turn C-states off to keep VID constant but then what's the point of using offset since you'll be running at full speed entire time.
even at 1.165v 4.6ghz my temps are 21-47c playing d3.
Anyway I tested my setup with Offset and with constant voltage and all other settings the same.
these are my conclusions Constant voltage is more stable
constant voltages has lower max temps.
constant voltages don't change with "very high" LLC even during load.
My theory is because the voltage is changing from 0.800v to what ever load is 1.207 max at 0.02v offset, if the voltage is not high enough by the time the cpu needs it, you are unstable
so in conclusion you need higher transient response from your VRMs or higher base voltage which offsets any temp or power savings you get from having used offset.

What were the actual temp differences? If it's like 2-3C, not big enough of a deal. I mean, 50C isn't really that big of a deal either. You shouldn't be reaching past mid 60s in real world applications anyway, so is it really that big of an issue?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
  • [Official] The Ivy Bridge Stable / Suicide Club **Guides, Voltages, Temps & BIOS Templates** Inc SPREADSHEET
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › [Official] The Ivy Bridge Stable / Suicide Club **Guides, Voltages, Temps & BIOS Templates** Inc SPREADSHEET