Originally Posted by Victor_Mizer
Having played beta, this game is a total joke. 3-4 attack abilities for a class and they call WoW a dumbed down mmo. How is a F2P mmo going to be the most successful? There must be a lot of hats to buy.
That depends on your style of play though. Yes, you have 4 main attack buttons, but combat in GW2 is dynamic compared to WoW's 1-2-3-2-3-1 rotation combat. In WoW can you dodge attacks or actually have to care "a lot" about positioning outside of raids? WoW has auto-attack and the amount of abilities for each class have made it so cookie-cutter because everyone has the same abilities/mechanics. Saying you have 4 attack abilities is misleading. How long did you play the Beta?
My main reasons why I think GW2 has the potential to be very successful versus other recent releases. I'm not saying it'll top WoW, just be successful.
- WoW is starting its downwards slope and MoP is gonna seal the deal probably. As a former WoW player, everyone in my guild always tended to try out the latest MMO in the months leading up to an expansion because the current expansions' content was stale. In this case, it would have been GW2. Somewhat accurate MMO subscriber numbers
- It has better graphics and animations than most MMO's. Snappy UI from the videos I've seen on Youtube and fluid, engaging combat. Less clutter on your UI means more time paying attention to game rather than your keyboard.
- Removal of the Holy Trinity <---- Current traditional-MMO killer at the moment I think because people are tired of it and it dissuades strong team gameplay
- No subscription fees, if anyone is willing to quit playing WoW or other MMO for 4 months to play GW2, then there is no money lost to them
- High production quality from a producer that has experience making MMO's unlike Bioware or Trion Worlds.
Just my opinion. But those are my reasons I'm getting it. I'm done with WoW and SWTOR, I'm ready for something new.Edited by modinn - 4/24/12 at 6:44pm