Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Kotaku] Adam Sessler Out At G4
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Kotaku] Adam Sessler Out At G4 - Page 5

post #41 of 90
That channel is wayyy to biased for me to watch. They were more console oriented than PC.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 920 4ghz 1.25v Evga Classified E760/E762 Evga Gtx 480 + Galaxy GTX 480 SLI 6GB Corsair Dominator GT 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Crucial C300 256Gb, Samsung 7200rpm 320gb, 2x W... Windows 7 64-bit Home premium Dell U2410 1920x1200 Wireless Logitech 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec Quatro 1200w Corsair 800D Razer Death Adder Office Depot thingy 
AudioAudio
Asus Xonar STX Sennheiser HD555's 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 920 4ghz 1.25v Evga Classified E760/E762 Evga Gtx 480 + Galaxy GTX 480 SLI 6GB Corsair Dominator GT 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Crucial C300 256Gb, Samsung 7200rpm 320gb, 2x W... Windows 7 64-bit Home premium Dell U2410 1920x1200 Wireless Logitech 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec Quatro 1200w Corsair 800D Razer Death Adder Office Depot thingy 
AudioAudio
Asus Xonar STX Sennheiser HD555's 
  hide details  
Reply
post #42 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by xJavontax View Post

You're kidding, right? I've been a fan of the Feedback podcast for quite some time. I've been watching it ever since Sessler was the host of it. I love his Sessler's Soapbox Podcast and I've also been a huge X-Play fan for years. Morgan Webb actually knows what she's talking about/doing, unlike Olivia Munn. Don't believe me? Watch a few episodes of Feedback where she's one of the guests on the show and you'll immediately see that she's no dummy, she's got brains.
I'm gonna miss Adam Sessler. Whatever this contractual dispute is, they better settle it, and fast. Adam Sessler is one of the few people that's been at G4 since the start, and he's gained a huge fan base. I have mad respect for the guy and wish him nothing but the best.

Why would I be kidding? I never said Morgan Webb was stupid. Do not draw conclusions beyond what I stated. I said she was "slightly more useful than Olivia Munn." Sure she offers insight into games. I would expect someone who has made this their life pursuit for nine years to show some degree of aptitude. However, it is very difficult to argue that she is utilized more as window dressing with respect to her attache at G4. So, yes, in this respect she is "slightly more useful than Olivia Munn."

I want you to take a seriously hard look at the games Morgan would review in contrast to Adam. Then I want you to examine the criticisms leveled against their respective games. It never quite feels like her words are her own. Adam's feel more genuine.

My statement about Adam Sessler's imminent canonization was derived purely from my disapproval of her general on-air persona.
Edited by Solarin - 4/25/12 at 7:28pm
Rishloo
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k @ 4.4 GHz ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3 EVGA 9800 GTX 8GB (2x4GB) G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600 8-8-8-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
Samsung 840 EVO Crucial M4 Boot Drive WD Caviar Black Windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell 24" G2410 Logitech G19 Seasonic X-Series 750W Coolermaster HAF X 
MouseAudio
Logtiech G9x X-Fi Gamer 
  hide details  
Reply
Rishloo
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k @ 4.4 GHz ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3 EVGA 9800 GTX 8GB (2x4GB) G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600 8-8-8-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
Samsung 840 EVO Crucial M4 Boot Drive WD Caviar Black Windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell 24" G2410 Logitech G19 Seasonic X-Series 750W Coolermaster HAF X 
MouseAudio
Logtiech G9x X-Fi Gamer 
  hide details  
Reply
post #43 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinton13 View Post

http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

Basically
post #44 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solarin View Post

Why would I be kidding? I never said Morgan Webb was stupid. Do not draw conclusions beyond what I stated. I said she was "slightly more useful than Olivia Munn." Sure she offers insight into games. I would expect someone who has made this their life pursuit for nine years to show some degree of aptitude. However, it is very difficult to argue that she is utilized more as window dressing with respect to her attache at G4. So, yes, in this respect she is "slightly more useful than Olivia Munn."
My statement about the Adam Sessler's imminent canonization was derived purely from my disapproval of her general on-air persona.

Sorry, when I think of Olivia Munn, I think of stupid. So when you say "Only slightly more useful than Olivia Munn", my mind thinks you're calling her dumb.

Then what exactly do you mean that she's only "slightly more useful than Olivia Munn?" Because I don't remember Olivia Munn doing a thing. All she did was expose her body, put stuff in her mouth and do other things to attract the hormone-raging crowd of teenagers. She didn't actually review anything, she conducted very little (if any) interviews. She was litterally there for looks, where as Morgan has done everything I've listed (except for the sticking stuff in in her mouth and exposing her body) and has shown she has the aptitude and knowledge to do it well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willanhanyard View Post

That channel is wayyy to biased for me to watch. They were more console oriented than PC.

Well of course, the console gaming scene is where all the attention is and has been for quite some time (since the release of the N64 I would say is when console gaming took the throne from PC gaming), it's only expected that that's where all of their attention would be. Even though I game more on my PC now a days, I still pay more attention to console exclusives than PC exclusives.

I can see why you don't watch it though, I'm assuming you're a PC gamer which would make sense.
Edited by xJavontax - 4/25/12 at 7:34pm
Retribution.
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i3 2100 H61M-E33 (MS-7680) Radeon HD 5670 G.SKILL 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
G.SKILL Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 RPM Western Digital 120GB DVD-RW Lightscribe 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 8 Professional x64 Samsung SyncMaster 940MW (1440x900) AOC 18.5" (1366x768) An Old Lenovo (PS/2) 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Cooler Master Elite 460W Thermaltake V4 Logitech G600 Custom "The Wonder Years" pad 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
In Monitor Speakers Turtle Beach Earforce X12 Tritton Trigger Stereo Headset Apple Earpods 
Audio
Cheap Skullcandy earbuds 
  hide details  
Reply
Retribution.
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i3 2100 H61M-E33 (MS-7680) Radeon HD 5670 G.SKILL 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
G.SKILL Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 RPM Western Digital 120GB DVD-RW Lightscribe 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 8 Professional x64 Samsung SyncMaster 940MW (1440x900) AOC 18.5" (1366x768) An Old Lenovo (PS/2) 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Cooler Master Elite 460W Thermaltake V4 Logitech G600 Custom "The Wonder Years" pad 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
In Monitor Speakers Turtle Beach Earforce X12 Tritton Trigger Stereo Headset Apple Earpods 
Audio
Cheap Skullcandy earbuds 
  hide details  
Reply
post #45 of 90
Nooooo.... Leo Laporte is practically the only reason why I would watch G4 now. frown.gif
post #46 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by xJavontax View Post

Sorry, when I think of Olivia Munn, I think of stupid. So when you say "Only slightly more useful than Olivia Munn", my mind thinks you're calling her dumb.
Then what exactly do you mean that she's only "slightly more useful than Olivia Munn?" Because I don't remember Olivia Munn doing a thing. All she did was expose her body, put stuff in her mouth and do other things to attract the hormone-raging crowd of teenagers. She didn't actually review anything, she conducted very little (if any) interviews. She was litterally there for looks, where as Morgan has done everything I've listed (except for the sticking stuff in in her mouth and exposing her body) and has shown she has the aptitude and knowledge to do it well.

thats the best part
Yeyo
(16 items)
 
Scarface PC pics
(47 photos)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k ASRock Extreme 4 Gen 3 EVGA 670FTW Gskill Sniper Low Voltage Series 1.25v 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Intel 80GB G2- OCZ 60GB- 1TB Asus BD combo Megashadow Deluxe Edition  Win7 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
40" Insignia  Seasonic X750w Sleeved red Corsair 500r White Asus Xonar DGX 
  hide details  
Reply
Yeyo
(16 items)
 
Scarface PC pics
(47 photos)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k ASRock Extreme 4 Gen 3 EVGA 670FTW Gskill Sniper Low Voltage Series 1.25v 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Intel 80GB G2- OCZ 60GB- 1TB Asus BD combo Megashadow Deluxe Edition  Win7 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
40" Insignia  Seasonic X750w Sleeved red Corsair 500r White Asus Xonar DGX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #47 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazloisdavrock View Post

thats the best part

I got a good laugh out of that hahahaha thumb.gif
Retribution.
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i3 2100 H61M-E33 (MS-7680) Radeon HD 5670 G.SKILL 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
G.SKILL Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 RPM Western Digital 120GB DVD-RW Lightscribe 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 8 Professional x64 Samsung SyncMaster 940MW (1440x900) AOC 18.5" (1366x768) An Old Lenovo (PS/2) 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Cooler Master Elite 460W Thermaltake V4 Logitech G600 Custom "The Wonder Years" pad 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
In Monitor Speakers Turtle Beach Earforce X12 Tritton Trigger Stereo Headset Apple Earpods 
Audio
Cheap Skullcandy earbuds 
  hide details  
Reply
Retribution.
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i3 2100 H61M-E33 (MS-7680) Radeon HD 5670 G.SKILL 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
G.SKILL Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 RPM Western Digital 120GB DVD-RW Lightscribe 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 8 Professional x64 Samsung SyncMaster 940MW (1440x900) AOC 18.5" (1366x768) An Old Lenovo (PS/2) 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Cooler Master Elite 460W Thermaltake V4 Logitech G600 Custom "The Wonder Years" pad 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
In Monitor Speakers Turtle Beach Earforce X12 Tritton Trigger Stereo Headset Apple Earpods 
Audio
Cheap Skullcandy earbuds 
  hide details  
Reply
post #48 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by xJavontax View Post

Go back to the kitchen? Really? That wasn't necessary at all and didn't help your argument. If anything it made it void.
Morgan Webb is actually an avid RPG and MMO gamer. She plays primarily on her PC and spends a ton of time in WoW and SWToR
http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/719375/feedback-star-wars-the-old-republic-the-mmo-you-are-looking-for/
http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/721979/feedback-world-of-warcraft-mists-of-pandaria-and-rumors-of-the-elder-scrolls-online/

The way she talked on the Tyra Banks show makes her seem clueless about videogames. She is either that or two faced, because she did nothing to properly represent videogame players; why must there be some lame decoding you man motive; why couldn't she just say that not even just men but people play videogames for fun? Why did she not say anything when Tyra Banks said that guy "isnt 13 anymore"? Why does she classify all games and the people who play them as only FPS, RPG and Sports Games? She is nothing more than a piece of eye candy to watch between gameplay footage. I remember she was reviewing some paradox game, I beleive it was Europa Universalis and was non stop complaining about reviewing it because she found it boring just reviewing it, and in the end giving it 4/5 hinting that someone else probably made the review for her and she was there just to look pretty.
Redbox
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @4.5ghz Asus P8P67 GTX 970 Strix 12GB Gskill Ripjaws ddr3 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial M500 Caviar Black 1TB Western Digital 500G DVD multirecorder 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7 Professional 64bit edition Antec Truepower 650 watt HAF 932 Black Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
Redbox
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @4.5ghz Asus P8P67 GTX 970 Strix 12GB Gskill Ripjaws ddr3 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial M500 Caviar Black 1TB Western Digital 500G DVD multirecorder 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7 Professional 64bit edition Antec Truepower 650 watt HAF 932 Black Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
post #49 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by sausageson View Post

The way she talked on the Tyra Banks show makes her seem clueless about videogames. She is either that or two faced, because she did nothing to properly represent videogame players; why must there be some lame decoding you man motive; why couldn't she just say that not even just men but people play videogames for fun? Why did she not say anything when Tyra Banks said that guy "isnt 13 anymore"? Why does she classify all games and the people who play them as only FPS, RPG and Sports Games? She is nothing more than a piece of eye candy to watch between gameplay footage. I remember she was reviewing some paradox game, I beleive it was Europa Universalis and was non stop complaining about reviewing it because she found it boring just reviewing it, and in the end giving it 4/5 hinting that someone else probably made the review for her and she was there just to look pretty.

Don't remember this review you're talking about, but a lot of reviews are like that. Whether it be on Joystiq, Kotaku, Game Informer, GamePro (R.I.P.), or Game Spot. You'll always see a few reviews stating how boring the game is, but in the end it gets a good score. Rating games based on numbers is just stupid and is a terrible-non-accurate way of classifying a game's "fun factor" or quality.

And yeah, have you seen the video of Adam Sessler on CNN? It's not his usual in your face with facts and aggressive language type of interview, it was more calm, collected and "TV worthy" than it usually is. When you're put on extremely popular shows such as those your attitude has to change or you get labeled as a fool or something of the sort. Her attitude changed to appeal to Tyra Banks' audience. Much like Sessler's did on CNN.

You seem to have a bit of a sexist attitude. It could just be me over-generalizing things, however you really come off as sexist. And I'm no feminist.
Retribution.
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i3 2100 H61M-E33 (MS-7680) Radeon HD 5670 G.SKILL 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
G.SKILL Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 RPM Western Digital 120GB DVD-RW Lightscribe 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 8 Professional x64 Samsung SyncMaster 940MW (1440x900) AOC 18.5" (1366x768) An Old Lenovo (PS/2) 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Cooler Master Elite 460W Thermaltake V4 Logitech G600 Custom "The Wonder Years" pad 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
In Monitor Speakers Turtle Beach Earforce X12 Tritton Trigger Stereo Headset Apple Earpods 
Audio
Cheap Skullcandy earbuds 
  hide details  
Reply
Retribution.
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i3 2100 H61M-E33 (MS-7680) Radeon HD 5670 G.SKILL 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
G.SKILL Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 RPM Western Digital 120GB DVD-RW Lightscribe 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 8 Professional x64 Samsung SyncMaster 940MW (1440x900) AOC 18.5" (1366x768) An Old Lenovo (PS/2) 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Cooler Master Elite 460W Thermaltake V4 Logitech G600 Custom "The Wonder Years" pad 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
In Monitor Speakers Turtle Beach Earforce X12 Tritton Trigger Stereo Headset Apple Earpods 
Audio
Cheap Skullcandy earbuds 
  hide details  
Reply
post #50 of 90
Quote:
She is either that or two faced, because she did nothing to properly represent videogame players

It wasn't until someone mentioned this that I realized what my rub was. She plays up this gaming goddess concept with photo shoots at FHM, and guest columns in men's magazines. However, she wants everyone to take her seriously as a video game journalist. Once again, I am not impeaching her intelligence. Her projected persona seems schizophrenic. Olvia Munn understood early on that she was a moron whose only asset is looking attractive and took it took the bank.

I hope she is being pressured into it because, as I have said, she has lost credibility with me. Kari Byron made a similar mistake.
Edited by Solarin - 4/25/12 at 7:59pm
Rishloo
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k @ 4.4 GHz ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3 EVGA 9800 GTX 8GB (2x4GB) G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600 8-8-8-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
Samsung 840 EVO Crucial M4 Boot Drive WD Caviar Black Windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell 24" G2410 Logitech G19 Seasonic X-Series 750W Coolermaster HAF X 
MouseAudio
Logtiech G9x X-Fi Gamer 
  hide details  
Reply
Rishloo
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k @ 4.4 GHz ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3 EVGA 9800 GTX 8GB (2x4GB) G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600 8-8-8-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
Samsung 840 EVO Crucial M4 Boot Drive WD Caviar Black Windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell 24" G2410 Logitech G19 Seasonic X-Series 750W Coolermaster HAF X 
MouseAudio
Logtiech G9x X-Fi Gamer 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Kotaku] Adam Sessler Out At G4