Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [YT]Battlefield 3: Close Quarters Donya Fortress Gameplay Trailer
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[YT]Battlefield 3: Close Quarters Donya Fortress Gameplay Trailer - Page 7

post #61 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by moocowman View Post

But why not? It's not like Battlefield is focusing only on close quarters. The Armored Kill expansion is going to bring massive vehicle based maps. There's something for everyone. I rather have it that way so I don't need to play other games to get a certain fix, especially since I really like the way Battlefield feels compared to other games. It is by far one of the most immersive MP FPS I've played.
Armored Kill will probably bring those kinds of maps.

Don't get me wrong, Battlefield can have some close combat areas but the size of the map needs to accommodate 64 people (karkand does a good job at this). Close quarter maps are 16 players! Which is even worse than Metro, that is a giant slap in the face for every old school Battlefield fan.
post #62 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_Mizer View Post

Close quarter maps are 16 players! Which is even worse than Metro, that is a giant slap in the face for every old school Battlefield fan.
THEN
DON'T
PLAY
THAT
MAP

I don't know how I can spell it out for you any clearer than that. Nobody is stopping you from being an "old school battlefield fan", you are free to play play Karkand (or whichever map you like) all day long and pretend that CQC doesn't even exist.
Tipster
(16 items)
 
   
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i5 2430M NVidia GT555M 2GB 8GB @ 1333Mhz Crucial MX100 128GB SSD 
MonitorMouseAudio
1600 x 900 LED Display Logitech G400 Audioengine D1 
  hide details  
Reply
Tipster
(16 items)
 
   
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i5 2430M NVidia GT555M 2GB 8GB @ 1333Mhz Crucial MX100 128GB SSD 
MonitorMouseAudio
1600 x 900 LED Display Logitech G400 Audioengine D1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #63 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_Mizer View Post

Don't get me wrong, Battlefield can have some close combat areas but the size of the map needs to accommodate 64 people (karkand does a good job at this). Close quarter maps are 16 players! Which is even worse than Metro, that is a giant slap in the face for every old school Battlefield fan.

How is it a slap in the face? They're simply taking the game in a new direction while sticking to their roots at the same time. If they had no plans on releasing larger maps in the future, I would understand. They're not abandoning their original fans by any means. The only reason we're getting this expansion before Armored Kill is because the smaller maps are the most played. If you want to blame anyone, blame the community. It's not like you're being forced to play these maps either. There's plenty of other maps if you want that classic Battlefield style of play.
post #64 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by moocowman View Post

How is it a slap in the face? They're simply taking the game in a new direction while sticking to their roots at the same time. If they had no plans on releasing larger maps in the future, I would understand. They're not abandoning their original fans by any means. The only reason we're getting this expansion before Armored Kill is because the smaller maps are the most played. If you want to blame anyone, blame the community. It's not like you're being forced to play these maps either. There's plenty of other maps if you want that classic Battlefield style of play.

I dont think you understand.

Do you not realise how important he is?

It doesn't matter that EA are actually covering all bases and releasing both CQC and large vehicle based maps.

That is actually the problem.

As I mentioned earlier, the person you are replying to is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT.

To not focus every inch of this game towards his individual wants, expectations and opinion of what should be in the game is indeed a slap in the face of all people, such is his great importance!
It's-a tu maaach
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4GHz (1.2 vcore) Asus P7P55D EVO Powercolor 5850 4x 2GB of Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x 250GB (Raid 0) XSPC Raystorm CPU block + EK 360 rad + XSPC Dua... Samsung UE37C6000  Corsair K90 + Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Jeantech 1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair M90 Edirol UA-25 > pair of Pioneer S-DJ08  
  hide details  
Reply
It's-a tu maaach
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4GHz (1.2 vcore) Asus P7P55D EVO Powercolor 5850 4x 2GB of Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x 250GB (Raid 0) XSPC Raystorm CPU block + EK 360 rad + XSPC Dua... Samsung UE37C6000  Corsair K90 + Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Jeantech 1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair M90 Edirol UA-25 > pair of Pioneer S-DJ08  
  hide details  
Reply
post #65 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzleBoy View Post

I dont think you understand.
Do you not realise how important he is?
It doesn't matter that EA are actually covering all bases and releasing both CQC and large vehicle based maps.
That is actually the problem.
As I mentioned earlier, the person you are replying to is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT.
To not focus every inch of this game towards his individual wants, expectations and opinion of what should be in the game is indeed a slap in the face of all people, such is his great importance!

xD Smarta**.
post #66 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippy View Post

THEN
DON'T
PLAY
THAT
MAP
I don't know how I can spell it out for you any clearer than that. Nobody is stopping you from being an "old school battlefield fan", you are free to play play Karkand (or whichever map you like) all day long and pretend that CQC doesn't even exist.

You are getting pretty worked up. We will all know CQC will exist because they are bound to screw up gun balance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moocowman View Post

How is it a slap in the face? They're simply taking the game in a new direction while sticking to their roots at the same time. If they had no plans on releasing larger maps in the future, I would understand. They're not abandoning their original fans by any means. The only reason we're getting this expansion before Armored Kill is because the smaller maps are the most played. If you want to blame anyone, blame the community. It's not like you're being forced to play these maps either. There's plenty of other maps if you want that classic Battlefield style of play.

You are going by the false facts that DICE use by saying more people like Metro so everyone wants small CQC? Just because metro was shown as the top means absolutely nothing. Metro is played because it is the quickest way for newbs to rank up. If Metro has 400 servers, Caspian has 300, Firestorm 250, Karg 100... I guess that means more people like CQC?
post #67 of 156
Well, then we will find out how many players are truly after CQC when this expac releases. Theoretically nobody should be interested since *true* BF3 fans like being blinded by the sun in open worlds and piloting vehicles.
Edited by Tippy - 4/26/12 at 11:04am
Tipster
(16 items)
 
   
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i5 2430M NVidia GT555M 2GB 8GB @ 1333Mhz Crucial MX100 128GB SSD 
MonitorMouseAudio
1600 x 900 LED Display Logitech G400 Audioengine D1 
  hide details  
Reply
Tipster
(16 items)
 
   
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i5 2430M NVidia GT555M 2GB 8GB @ 1333Mhz Crucial MX100 128GB SSD 
MonitorMouseAudio
1600 x 900 LED Display Logitech G400 Audioengine D1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #68 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_Mizer View Post

You are getting pretty worked up. We will all know CQC will exist because they are bound to screw up gun balance.
You are going by the false facts that DICE use by saying more people like Metro so everyone wants small CQC? Just because metro was shown as the top means absolutely nothing. Metro is played because it is the quickest way for newbs to rank up. If Metro has 400 servers, Caspian has 300, Firestorm 250, Karg 100... I guess that means more people like CQC?

False facts? How would you know what DICE said is false? Speculation? Oh the irony..

More players playing close quarters maps makes it look like it's more desired. The reason why they're played is what means nothing.. All DICE sees is that more people are playing the close quarters maps.

Again, why is DICE not allowed to add variety to the game? Why do they have to be 64 player maps? Sure, that's what Battlefield was originally about, but it's not like they're going strictly close quarters. Two out of the four expansions are aimed towards the classic feel (I have no idea what will be in End Game, although I'm sure it will be a mix of both kinds of maps).
post #69 of 156
Also I don't see CQC screwing up weapon balance for the classic maps...classic gameplay has always been more about strategy, teamwork and being in the right place at the right time more than guns.
Pretty much the only reason behind USAS nerf was because it was godmode in Metro and Team DM on any close-quarters map. Did that really hinder Battlefield veterans? Doubt it. Most rifles got a damage boost.
Your tanks will be just as resilient, your jets just as fast, your helis just as skill-based as ever before. Sniping will still be about...well, about sniping I suppose.
Tipster
(16 items)
 
   
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i5 2430M NVidia GT555M 2GB 8GB @ 1333Mhz Crucial MX100 128GB SSD 
MonitorMouseAudio
1600 x 900 LED Display Logitech G400 Audioengine D1 
  hide details  
Reply
Tipster
(16 items)
 
   
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i5 2430M NVidia GT555M 2GB 8GB @ 1333Mhz Crucial MX100 128GB SSD 
MonitorMouseAudio
1600 x 900 LED Display Logitech G400 Audioengine D1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #70 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippy View Post

The best part is, there's nothing stopping the die-hard BF3 fans from playing on their endlessly large maps and vehicle combat.

Strategic open-world warfare and CoD-style run & gun shooting are only a few clicks away from each other!

Personally I think I'll be spending most of my time in the close-quarters maps because I find the open-world maps extremely slow-paced and camper friendly.

true, i like the way they are releasing maps for everyone.. just pick what playstile you like and enjoy it!! thumb.gif

1 thing everyone needs to have very clear: in a "battlefield" the field itself can be anywhere.. so i dont see the problem to be in CQC maps; as long as they are balanced its ok dont you think?!?! like METRO; more than 20vs20 it feels unbalanced (to me at least)

COD game mechanics its not even close/the same to bf3 gameplay mechanics.. it can never be a clone to cod, and anyone who have played both, knows this very clear


and for campers in open maps?!?! grab a AN94 with heavy barrel and maybe bipod if that is your thing (not needed).. problem solved perfect anti sniper rifle thumb.gif


EDIT: everyone knows you can set FILTERS while browsing for maps?!?! like game type, AMOUNT OF PLAYERS, etc, etc?!?!!


try it and you will see how different can be your BF3 experience thumb.gif
Edited by HAVO - 4/26/12 at 11:42am
My System
(13 items)
 
  
MotherboardGraphicsRAM
ASUS M5A97 XFX 7770 Kingston HyperX  
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
MotherboardGraphicsRAM
ASUS M5A97 XFX 7770 Kingston HyperX  
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [YT]Battlefield 3: Close Quarters Donya Fortress Gameplay Trailer