Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › NCSoft sucks the big one...again.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NCSoft sucks the big one...again. - Page 3

post #21 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgevonfrank View Post

Make sure you move the .exe to whatever folder you want it in then open it. And according to the bug list don't put it in the program files folder.

I put mine there and I am having no issues whatsoever thus far with keeping the client updated. Mind elaborating on what exactly the report bug is for putting it in Program Files?
post #22 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Peen View Post

I put mine there and I am having no issues whatsoever thus far with keeping the client updated. Mind elaborating on what exactly the report bug is for putting it in Program Files?

The bug list says
Quote:
Installing the game client into the Program Files directory on Windows Vista or Windows 7 can lead to issues with the patching process
that is all I know about it.

Love your avatar.
post #23 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgevonfrank View Post

The bug list says
Quote:
Installing the game client into the Program Files directory on Windows Vista or Windows 7 can lead to issues with the patching process
that is all I know about it.
Love your avatar.

Interesting, I'm lucky I didn't have problems, maybe it's just a weird thing that only happens to some people, because two of my friends installed it in Program Files and it's fine for them too (they can launch the game after all was said and done).

Oh, and thanks smile.gif
post #24 of 67
Thread Starter 
Tried to live chat with them.

Waited 2 hours.

then

"Status: Canceled
There are no agents available to chat with you right now. Please try again later. "
New rig
(9 items)
  
Reply
New rig
(9 items)
  
Reply
post #25 of 67
that chat was with NC? Contact arenanet and ask if they can get you a manager or something. I've had to deal with NC before and it probably won't get you anywhere.

Also, in the chat, you should tell them you'll let your lawyer work something out since you bought something and they're refusing you the product. There's no if's, ands or buts about it. It's illegal and their job is to help you make your account secure, they have no right to cancel your account because of someone else stolen your password. Just remember not to blame Guild Wars (Arenanet) about this, at first it was mainly your fault for losing your game credentials, but at this point, it's definitely on NCSoft since they essentially made the situation multitude worst than before.
Edited by Cha0s_Cha0 - 4/26/12 at 7:30pm
The Nameless
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3930k Asrock x79 Champion GTX 470 Hydrocopper 32GB Samsung 30nm low voltage 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
256GB Samsung 830 + 22TB LG BD burner + 3 DVD burners W7 Professional 64 bit LG 37" 1080p LED TV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Eclipse III AX1200 NZXT Phantom (white) NZXT Avatar (v1) 
  hide details  
Reply
The Nameless
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3930k Asrock x79 Champion GTX 470 Hydrocopper 32GB Samsung 30nm low voltage 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
256GB Samsung 830 + 22TB LG BD burner + 3 DVD burners W7 Professional 64 bit LG 37" 1080p LED TV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Eclipse III AX1200 NZXT Phantom (white) NZXT Avatar (v1) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #26 of 67
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cha0s_Cha0 View Post

that chat was with NC? Contact arenanet and ask if they can get you a manager or something. I've had to deal with NC before and it probably won't get you anywhere.
Also, in the chat, you should tell them you'll let your lawyer work something out since you bought something and they're refusing you the product. There's no if's, ands or buts about it. It's illegal and their job is to help you make your account secure, they have no right to cancel your account because of someone else stolen your password. Just remember not to blame Guild Wars (Arenanet) about this, at first it was mainly your fault for losing your game credentials, but at this point, it's definitely on NCSoft since they essentially made the situation multitude worst than before.

Well I have to contact NCSoft asmy GW1 account is tied to the NCSoft Master Account, which I'm locked out of, but previously wasn't.

I don't think I'm getting it back this time. The whole situation is bad. I mean they locked my NCSoft account, all my other games and stuff were on it and now my GW2 Pre-purchase is done.

From what I can tell some other user sending in a support ticket is claiming it's his account and I stole it...causing this whole fuss.
New rig
(9 items)
  
Reply
New rig
(9 items)
  
Reply
post #27 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilWrir View Post

Threaten to talk to people on the Kotaku, Blistered Thumbs, Penny Arcade, and Giant Bomb staff.
Especially PAC, Blistered Thumbs, and Giant Bomb.
I know some of the staff of Blistered Thumbs Personally if you need help.
You have Legal grounds for being pissed and at the very least wanting your money back, and if you start a PR issue about this you will get results.

Not just this, but if it really comes down to it you should see if your bank can do a charge back on the card. You paid money and received nothing for it, that is fraud and you have rights.
Jane
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 Zotac H55ITX-C-E Sapphire 7850 4GB Corsair XMS 1333Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung F3 1TB Antec 620 Windows 7 Samsung BX2331 23" LED 
PowerCaseAudio
Silverstone 45SF 450W Silverstone SG05 Swan M10 
  hide details  
Reply
Jane
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 Zotac H55ITX-C-E Sapphire 7850 4GB Corsair XMS 1333Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung F3 1TB Antec 620 Windows 7 Samsung BX2331 23" LED 
PowerCaseAudio
Silverstone 45SF 450W Silverstone SG05 Swan M10 
  hide details  
Reply
post #28 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkilbride View Post

Well I have to contact NCSoft asmy GW1 account is tied to the NCSoft Master Account, which I'm locked out of, but previously wasn't.
I don't think I'm getting it back this time. The whole situation is bad. I mean they locked my NCSoft account, all my other games and stuff were on it and now my GW2 Pre-purchase is done.
From what I can tell some other user sending in a support ticket is claiming it's his account and I stole it...causing this whole fuss.

You've been given a lot of advice. Good advice from many people and if you don't have principal or the money doesn't matter to you, then that's your choice. You came here for advice but haven't gotten back at even trying any of it except for trying to contact NCsoft which is what you were doing before. Sure, you have reason to be angry, but a complaint not followed through with action doesn't mean anything and that's why companies think they can get away with it.
The Nameless
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3930k Asrock x79 Champion GTX 470 Hydrocopper 32GB Samsung 30nm low voltage 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
256GB Samsung 830 + 22TB LG BD burner + 3 DVD burners W7 Professional 64 bit LG 37" 1080p LED TV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Eclipse III AX1200 NZXT Phantom (white) NZXT Avatar (v1) 
  hide details  
Reply
The Nameless
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3930k Asrock x79 Champion GTX 470 Hydrocopper 32GB Samsung 30nm low voltage 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
256GB Samsung 830 + 22TB LG BD burner + 3 DVD burners W7 Professional 64 bit LG 37" 1080p LED TV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Eclipse III AX1200 NZXT Phantom (white) NZXT Avatar (v1) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #29 of 67
Thread Starter 
I don't think you understand what has been posted.

I have contacted them. I did try Live Chat, but it failed. AS for Contacting Anet, that does not help the issue as it's related to my NCSoft Master account which holds my GW1 & GW2 account. So all I can really do is wait at this point and if then don't get back to me, then go and complain some more.

Even if you do contact ANet, all they do is tell you to use NCSoft support...infact, the link re-directs you there. No advice past posting it on a bunch of websites, which I've done, has been posted. So I don't get your comment at all.
New rig
(9 items)
  
Reply
New rig
(9 items)
  
Reply
post #30 of 67
There has to be some way you can prove it's your account and not someone else's.
An Angry Robot
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k Asus P8Z77-V Pro Asus Strix 1070 G Skill Trident 2400mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 500gb SSD x 1tb HDD Samsung External Corsair H100i Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Catleap Q270 Acer Coolermaster Quickfire Rapid (reds) Corsair 750HX 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 540 Logitech G600 XFX Warpad Asus Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
An Angry Robot
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k Asus P8Z77-V Pro Asus Strix 1070 G Skill Trident 2400mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 500gb SSD x 1tb HDD Samsung External Corsair H100i Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Catleap Q270 Acer Coolermaster Quickfire Rapid (reds) Corsair 750HX 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 540 Logitech G600 XFX Warpad Asus Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › NCSoft sucks the big one...again.