Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Asus Z77 Series Information Thread (drivers, BIOSes, overclocking, reviews) **UPDATED 4/22**
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Asus Z77 Series Information Thread (drivers, BIOSes, overclocking, reviews) **UPDATED 4/22** - Page 97

post #961 of 1288
I'm on a -V board and updated to 1805. My on-board audio went out yesterday from out of nowhere, got nothing but static. Really pissed me off. Anyway, I disabled the on-board, put in a sound card but I noticed every few reboots the BIOS would have the on-board enabled again.

Also, under the fan control, it is not letting me set a lower chassis temp. Its at 40 and blacked out. I can set a lower fan speed though. Really weird. I've had the board around 7 months and it seems like the BIOS is getting worse and worse.
post #962 of 1288
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattisyahu View Post

I'm on a -V board and updated to 1805. My on-board audio went out yesterday from out of nowhere, got nothing but static. Really pissed me off. Anyway, I disabled the on-board, put in a sound card but I noticed every few reboots the BIOS would have the on-board enabled again.

Also, under the fan control, it is not letting me set a lower chassis temp. Its at 40 and blacked out. I can set a lower fan speed though. Really weird. I've had the board around 7 months and it seems like the BIOS is getting worse and worse.

I've had my asus DX give me static sometimes - a simple reboot fixes it.
post #963 of 1288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Dubbed View Post

I've had my asus DX give me static sometimes - a simple reboot fixes it.

Wish that was what it was. But I rebooted, reinstalled drivers, everything I could think of. Device Manager would see "High Definition Audio Device" but never got anything other than static after installing the drivers. I think it odd that it would just go out but who knows.
post #964 of 1288
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattisyahu View Post

Wish that was what it was. But I rebooted, reinstalled drivers, everything I could think of. Device Manager would see "High Definition Audio Device" but never got anything other than static after installing the drivers. I think it odd that it would just go out but who knows.

Try checking your PSU connections - I think mine was something relating to the power the DX was getting.
post #965 of 1288
Quote:
Originally Posted by error-id10t View Post

I know it doesn't work on my system. You can enable it but then when you install the SW it complains it cannot be installed (this is from ASUS download site). It's meant to work with Win8 so assume it's because I'm using GPT/EFI.

I'd love for sleep to be faster as at the moment it almost takes as long to wake up as it takes to reboot the computer.

That is odd. My sleep wakes instantly. Are you sleeping or hibernating? and if hibernating are you on an SSD?
Other thought is the sleep taking a long time or is your keyboard signal just being slow to recognize?
Rig 2.0
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Asus P8Z77-V EVGA GTX780 SC ACX Samsung DDR 3 (2 DIMMS) MV-3V4G3D/US 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 830 SSD WD Caviar Black Asus DVD/RW Xigmatek s-1283 HDT (Air Cooling) 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Scythe Slipstream 1200RPM (x2) Antec 140mm + Antec 120mm + Xigmatek 120mm (x2) Win 7 64bit Acer S243HL bmii - 24" 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair TX750 Corsair Carbide 300R MX 518 Auzentek X-Fi Forte 7.1 
  hide details  
Reply
Rig 2.0
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Asus P8Z77-V EVGA GTX780 SC ACX Samsung DDR 3 (2 DIMMS) MV-3V4G3D/US 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 830 SSD WD Caviar Black Asus DVD/RW Xigmatek s-1283 HDT (Air Cooling) 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Scythe Slipstream 1200RPM (x2) Antec 140mm + Antec 120mm + Xigmatek 120mm (x2) Win 7 64bit Acer S243HL bmii - 24" 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair TX750 Corsair Carbide 300R MX 518 Auzentek X-Fi Forte 7.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #966 of 1288
I was using just standard sleep. For the Rapid Start, I don't know what the problem is. Last night I spent little more time on it but still couldn't get it to work (the software/driver will not install):

http://communities.intel.com/thread/29776

http://download.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/rapid_start_technology_user_guide.pdf

So I've resorted to using hibernation file and turning on fast-startup for sleep which has 'fixed' it.
Just a 'puter
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 6700K ASUS Maximus VIII Hero iGPU thanks to Nvidia 970 3.5GB Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK8GX4M2B3200C16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 950 PRO 512GB Crucial M4 256GB RX360 V3 Koolance CPU-380I 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Koolance RP-452X2 Reservoir Koolance PMP-450 12V Variable Speed Pump Windows 10 Pro x64 benq XL2411Z 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
logitech G510 Seasonic X-760 Corsair 800D Mionix Castor 
AudioAudio
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD DT 990 Premium 250Ohm 
  hide details  
Reply
Just a 'puter
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 6700K ASUS Maximus VIII Hero iGPU thanks to Nvidia 970 3.5GB Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK8GX4M2B3200C16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 950 PRO 512GB Crucial M4 256GB RX360 V3 Koolance CPU-380I 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Koolance RP-452X2 Reservoir Koolance PMP-450 12V Variable Speed Pump Windows 10 Pro x64 benq XL2411Z 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
logitech G510 Seasonic X-760 Corsair 800D Mionix Castor 
AudioAudio
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD DT 990 Premium 250Ohm 
  hide details  
Reply
post #967 of 1288
Quote:
Originally Posted by error-id10t View Post

I was using just standard sleep. For the Rapid Start, I don't know what the problem is. Last night I spent little more time on it but still couldn't get it to work (the software/driver will not install):

http://communities.intel.com/thread/29776

http://download.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/rapid_start_technology_user_guide.pdf

So I've resorted to using hibernation file and turning on fast-startup for sleep which has 'fixed' it.

I got the exact same thing with the rapid start when I tried to set it up last year.Using the IRST tools prevents it and on top of that my GTX 680 does not have a GOP VBIOS so I cant disable CSM either and get ultra fast boot. So I got shot down in two ways trying to speed up boot time. Luckily two SSDs in RAID 0 still gives me "a ten second car" - Vin Diesel tongue.gif
5of6
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K @ 4.2GHz Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe Nvidia GTX 680 2GB Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2 x Sandisk Extreme 240GB in RAID0 LG BD-ROM Drive Noctua DH-14 Windows 8 x 64 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell 2410 Dell Corsair AX750 Fractal Define R3 (USB3.0) 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razor DeathAdder 3.5G Razer Mantis Control Onboard with Harmon Kardon Speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
5of6
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K @ 4.2GHz Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe Nvidia GTX 680 2GB Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2 x Sandisk Extreme 240GB in RAID0 LG BD-ROM Drive Noctua DH-14 Windows 8 x 64 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell 2410 Dell Corsair AX750 Fractal Define R3 (USB3.0) 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razor DeathAdder 3.5G Razer Mantis Control Onboard with Harmon Kardon Speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
post #968 of 1288
Quote:
Originally Posted by error-id10t View Post

For the Rapid Start, I don't know what the problem is. Last night I spent little more time on it but still couldn't get it to work (the software/driver will not install):


Did you create the rapid start partition? For instance say you had 8GB of RAM and using GPT then run diskpart as admin and select the gpt disk.

  • lis dis
  • sel dis (disk number of GPT disk)
  • cre par pri size=8192 id=D3BFE2DE-3DAF-11DF-BA40-E3A556D89593
  • exi

Add alignment to the partition creation if necessary.
post #969 of 1288
Something strange happened just now with my ASUS P8 Z77-V Pro. I was playing Skyrim and my Logitech K300 keyboard went out. The Num Lock light was blinking off and on and the Windows 7 ding sound kept going off every second. Exited the game using my controller and saw USB not recognized? I forgot what it exactly said. Restarted and had a BIOS beep (one long beep) Still no keyboard. Unplugged it from the rear panel where it is supposed to be (where the kb and mouse logo is on the USB 2.0 ports) and put it back in and now its fine.

Why would that happen? My keyboard dieing? or my motherboard USB port is going out? Or just a random error? Never had it happen before.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2700K ASUS P8Z77-V Pro XFX AMD R7870 Double Dissipation  GSkill 8GB 1333 mhz 4 sticks of 2GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD 320GB 6.0gb/s LG CD/DVD burner Zalman CNPS 9900LED 120mm  Windows 7 home premium 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS 20" LED monitor Logitech k300 compact Corsair TX750 V2 Corsair Graphite 600t w/ mesh side panel 
MouseMouse Pad
Razer DeathAdder  Razer Goliathus 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2700K ASUS P8Z77-V Pro XFX AMD R7870 Double Dissipation  GSkill 8GB 1333 mhz 4 sticks of 2GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD 320GB 6.0gb/s LG CD/DVD burner Zalman CNPS 9900LED 120mm  Windows 7 home premium 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS 20" LED monitor Logitech k300 compact Corsair TX750 V2 Corsair Graphite 600t w/ mesh side panel 
MouseMouse Pad
Razer DeathAdder  Razer Goliathus 
  hide details  
Reply
post #970 of 1288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickman View Post

Something strange happened just now with my ASUS P8 Z77-V Pro. I was playing Skyrim and my Logitech K300 keyboard went out. The Num Lock light was blinking off and on and the Windows 7 ding sound kept going off every second. Exited the game using my controller and saw USB not recognized? I forgot what it exactly said. Restarted and had a BIOS beep (one long beep) Still no keyboard. Unplugged it from the rear panel where it is supposed to be (where the kb and mouse logo is on the USB 2.0 ports) and put it back in and now its fine.

Why would that happen? My keyboard dieing? or my motherboard USB port is going out? Or just a random error? Never had it happen before.

Hmmm I remember having something similar...wasn't keyboard related though- mine was HD PVR2 related.
Nothing but Windows going mental lol.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Asus Z77 Series Information Thread (drivers, BIOSes, overclocking, reviews) **UPDATED 4/22**