Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › First loop, need advice. [Updated with better pic]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

First loop, need advice. [Updated with better pic] - Page 2

post #11 of 29
get an xspc ex120.I have the 240 and is awesome! slim and powerful.

I would suggest to use distilled water + additives,is cheaper and better.I don't know the additives but if you do a quick search on the forum you'll probably find them smile.gif
post #12 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewremy View Post

Jingway DP-1200. Rebrand of the Danger Den CPX-Pro. It's the powerful one. 800 L/h. Bit much for what I have in there, thus the microbubbles. If there's any air in there, it immediately turns into microbubbles and gets distributed through the system. Odd, eh?

Nah, I'm having the same problems with my RD-20. It just pushes so much water that as soon as some air appears in the res it just transforms them into micro-bubbles and spits them through the loop. I dunno if thise thing I'm working on will ever bleed because of it.

One thing is for sure, it pumps water... tongue.gif
Synthetic Anatomy
(14 items)
 
NAT-inator
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 2700K Z68X-UD7-B3 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 
GraphicsRAMRAMRAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 Corsair  Corsair  Corsair  
RAMHard DriveCoolingPower
Corsair  2x Mushkin 240Gb SSD Raid 0  A lot. ST1500 
CaseAudio
FT02 Xonar ST 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K P8P67 WS Revolution Sparkle Calibre GTX 560 G.Skill 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Force SSD WD Caviar Black BD combo Liquid 
OSPowerCase
Win 7 Ultimate AX650 500R 
  hide details  
Reply
Synthetic Anatomy
(14 items)
 
NAT-inator
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 2700K Z68X-UD7-B3 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 
GraphicsRAMRAMRAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 Corsair  Corsair  Corsair  
RAMHard DriveCoolingPower
Corsair  2x Mushkin 240Gb SSD Raid 0  A lot. ST1500 
CaseAudio
FT02 Xonar ST 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K P8P67 WS Revolution Sparkle Calibre GTX 560 G.Skill 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Force SSD WD Caviar Black BD combo Liquid 
OSPowerCase
Win 7 Ultimate AX650 500R 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rognin View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewremy View Post

Jingway DP-1200. Rebrand of the Danger Den CPX-Pro. It's the powerful one. 800 L/h. Bit much for what I have in there, thus the microbubbles. If there's any air in there, it immediately turns into microbubbles and gets distributed through the system. Odd, eh?

Nah, I'm having the same problems with my RD-20. It just pushes so much water that as soon as some air appears in the res it just transforms them into micro-bubbles and spits them through the loop. I dunno if thise thing I'm working on will ever bleed because of it.

One thing is for sure, it pumps water... tongue.gif

Yeah...how big is your res? Rad-res from danger den is tiny. Have a big one coming, will let you know what I find.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
post #14 of 29
Thread Starter 
So...another question: does tubing size matter? Can you mix tubes? Currently have 3/8" barbs on the pump and rad, another set of 3/8" barbs unused...1/4" barbs on the block and res. Thinking about getting 3/8" tubing and putting those spare barbs on the block...slow things down a bit and hopefully get rid of some of those microbubbles. Thoughts? I'd have 3/8" tubing on everything except for block -> res and res -> pump.
post #15 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewremy View Post

So...another question: does tubing size matter? Can you mix tubes? Currently have 3/8" barbs on the pump and rad, another set of 3/8" barbs unused...1/4" barbs on the block and res. Thinking about getting 3/8" tubing and putting those spare barbs on the block...slow things down a bit and hopefully get rid of some of those microbubbles. Thoughts? I'd have 3/8" tubing on everything except for block -> res and res -> pump.

For aesthetic purposes, I'd use the same size tubing on everything. I think 1/4" might actually bring in restriction... I don't remeber how small it starts to really affect things however. But yeah I'd go for 3/8".
Synthetic Anatomy
(14 items)
 
NAT-inator
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 2700K Z68X-UD7-B3 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 
GraphicsRAMRAMRAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 Corsair  Corsair  Corsair  
RAMHard DriveCoolingPower
Corsair  2x Mushkin 240Gb SSD Raid 0  A lot. ST1500 
CaseAudio
FT02 Xonar ST 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K P8P67 WS Revolution Sparkle Calibre GTX 560 G.Skill 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Force SSD WD Caviar Black BD combo Liquid 
OSPowerCase
Win 7 Ultimate AX650 500R 
  hide details  
Reply
Synthetic Anatomy
(14 items)
 
NAT-inator
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 2700K Z68X-UD7-B3 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 
GraphicsRAMRAMRAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 Corsair  Corsair  Corsair  
RAMHard DriveCoolingPower
Corsair  2x Mushkin 240Gb SSD Raid 0  A lot. ST1500 
CaseAudio
FT02 Xonar ST 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K P8P67 WS Revolution Sparkle Calibre GTX 560 G.Skill 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Force SSD WD Caviar Black BD combo Liquid 
OSPowerCase
Win 7 Ultimate AX650 500R 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 29
Thread Starter 
I did. Switched to all 3/8 ID 9/16 OD. Bit thick, but nice and tight. Got the phobya balancer, much nicer. Mounted it inside.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
post #17 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewremy View Post

I did. Switched to all 3/8 ID 9/16 OD. Bit thick, but nice and tight. Got the phobya balancer, much nicer. Mounted it inside.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Don't beleive you until I see pics.. biggrin.gif
Synthetic Anatomy
(14 items)
 
NAT-inator
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 2700K Z68X-UD7-B3 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 
GraphicsRAMRAMRAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 Corsair  Corsair  Corsair  
RAMHard DriveCoolingPower
Corsair  2x Mushkin 240Gb SSD Raid 0  A lot. ST1500 
CaseAudio
FT02 Xonar ST 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K P8P67 WS Revolution Sparkle Calibre GTX 560 G.Skill 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Force SSD WD Caviar Black BD combo Liquid 
OSPowerCase
Win 7 Ultimate AX650 500R 
  hide details  
Reply
Synthetic Anatomy
(14 items)
 
NAT-inator
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 2700K Z68X-UD7-B3 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 
GraphicsRAMRAMRAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 Corsair  Corsair  Corsair  
RAMHard DriveCoolingPower
Corsair  2x Mushkin 240Gb SSD Raid 0  A lot. ST1500 
CaseAudio
FT02 Xonar ST 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K P8P67 WS Revolution Sparkle Calibre GTX 560 G.Skill 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Force SSD WD Caviar Black BD combo Liquid 
OSPowerCase
Win 7 Ultimate AX650 500R 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18 of 29
Thread Starter 
Don't believe what part? Could be 3/8" by 7/16. I don't remember which. Used some 6-32 screws to mount the rad brackets next to the pci slots. Will post pics when I get home. Hid all the cables, made a new window freehand with my dremel.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
post #19 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewremy View Post

Don't believe what part? Could be 3/8" by 7/16. I don't remember which. Used some 6-32 screws to mount the rad brackets next to the pci slots. Will post pics when I get home. Hid all the cables, made a new window freehand with my dremel.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Don't beleive you have a watercoled computer until I see pics of it!
Synthetic Anatomy
(14 items)
 
NAT-inator
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 2700K Z68X-UD7-B3 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 
GraphicsRAMRAMRAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 Corsair  Corsair  Corsair  
RAMHard DriveCoolingPower
Corsair  2x Mushkin 240Gb SSD Raid 0  A lot. ST1500 
CaseAudio
FT02 Xonar ST 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K P8P67 WS Revolution Sparkle Calibre GTX 560 G.Skill 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Force SSD WD Caviar Black BD combo Liquid 
OSPowerCase
Win 7 Ultimate AX650 500R 
  hide details  
Reply
Synthetic Anatomy
(14 items)
 
NAT-inator
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 2700K Z68X-UD7-B3 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 
GraphicsRAMRAMRAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 Corsair  Corsair  Corsair  
RAMHard DriveCoolingPower
Corsair  2x Mushkin 240Gb SSD Raid 0  A lot. ST1500 
CaseAudio
FT02 Xonar ST 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K P8P67 WS Revolution Sparkle Calibre GTX 560 G.Skill 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Force SSD WD Caviar Black BD combo Liquid 
OSPowerCase
Win 7 Ultimate AX650 500R 
  hide details  
Reply
post #20 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rognin View Post

Don't beleive you have a watercoled computer until I see pics of it!
Boom!

400

Edit: Yes, it's 3/8x9/16 tubing from Sears.

Also: 400
592
Edited by Jewremy - 5/6/12 at 5:14pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › First loop, need advice. [Updated with better pic]