Woohoo! It looks like 5ghz might be my 24/7, we'll see.
I'm a novice overclocker, but I've been reading a ton. Even though I've read a bunch, it still seems like there are so many options that it's hard to get started.
So, here is the route I have taken.Quick save the default profile
Attempt the automatic Load Extreme OC Profile (low current)
- Load optimized defaults
- Tweak trivial options like boot screen, etc
- Under tools, saved as profile 1 and I named it "default"
- Booted, stressed, got ambient temp 29C and load temp of 42C
- In the Extreme Tweaker menu, I used the Load Extreme OC Profile (low current)
- Turned back on the onboard features like ACHI, sound, USB charging, etc
- Under tools, saved as profile 2 named "extremelc"
- Boot failed
- Suspected memory (it was set to DDR3-2100MHZ), but couldn't match up debug codes, one 25, one 40.
- Set memory frequency to AUTO
- Booted, running Aida64 for > 15 minutes, with the hottest core average being 66C and a max of 72C
I'm going to start tearing down the VCore until it becomes unstable. Does anyone have other suggestions? How long should I run a quick test for stability before trying the next lower setting?