In my what seems to be at this point eternal quest to figure out the best sound I can get for my rig and to maintain my sanity I filled out this form that chinesekiwi asked me to on another thread I posted about almost the same thing so here it is.
The info below is exactly what I need after some long thought and reconsideration of what I am willing to spend and my needs actually are
1. I am willing to spend around $600AU+ I will spend up to double that if the equipment justifies the cost.
2. I am wanting to listen to a vast array of music from grunge,rock,heavy metal, hip hop,rap,pop lol if its good music I want to enjoy it sounding its very best or if it is crap I want it to sound as good as it possibly can!
3. I want as close to studio quality reproduction I can get when listening to music, I want to be able to play around with some mixing on my PC myself and hear exactly what I am doing and I want to play all of my games and movies on my PC and preferably have virtual 7.1 surround or extremely good stereo sound through the headphones as that will be the only way I am listening to the sound setup.
4. I am planning on the purchase these is the next couple of weeks:
as I think for the price, quality and longevity they would be hard to surpass and any other equipment I am getting will simply be to run these at their full potential and last me for a fair time to come.
5. I have decided that I wlll only be using this equipment on my PC in my Sig and this is how I spend almost all of my free time so the cost of this type of thing can be justified by the amount of usage it will receive.
6. I live in Sydney but get most of my PC parts shipped from http://pccasegear.com/
due to the fact they are all round better then most places I have checked out in regards to higher end PC stuff.
I spent a long time figuring out what I wanted for my PC setup and other then a bit more HDD space and an upgrade to a second GTX680 and IB-E next year this is the last part of the Rig I need to complete the experience I am wanting from it, I have recieved some awesome advice from alot of people on this site but also alot of speculation without much thought behind it which has left me at a bit of a loss as to what to do WID MY GODDAMN AUDIO. So if anyone definitley knows their stuff and can take the time to post a suggestion then I am eternally grateful but for further unknowledged advice I can ask me mates. lolEdited by Vilifried - 4/30/12 at 1:42am