Overclock.net › Forums › Mobile Computing Forum › Laptops and Netbooks › Is this a good gaming laptop?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Is this a good gaming laptop?

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 
I was wondering if I could buy a game life BF3 or Dirt 3 on my desktop, and then be like "OH I HAVE TO GO OUT OF TOWN" and then put my desktop games on my laptop and play on my laptop. Then when I get back home play on my desktop again?

EDIT: Ok now im looking for my laptop.
Edited by MoMann - 4/28/12 at 10:13pm
post #2 of 10
Yes, that could be easy done, but you would need a high end laptop for games like BF3 & Dirt 3 to run on.
post #3 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEX View Post

Yes, that could be easy done, but you would need a high end laptop for games like BF3 & Dirt 3 to run on.

I was thinking about this:
I was going to add $110 for a custom top, and bigger HDD.
http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np6175-clevo-w170er-p-4345.html?wconfigure=yes
post #4 of 10
Looks like it will be ok, but ? you might want to do some more research on it, for example = http://www.game-debate.com/hardware/index.php?gid=689&graphics=GeForce%20GT%20650M
post #5 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEX View Post

Looks like it will be ok, but ? you might want to do some more research on it, for example = http://www.game-debate.com/hardware/index.php?gid=689&graphics=GeForce%20GT%20650M

Have any better suggestions?
post #6 of 10
No, sorry, but it looks pretty good for the price & i think it will be ok, unless you want to buy a ASUS ROG or Alienware laptop = $$$
post #7 of 10
Thread Starter 
Ok thanks
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMann View Post

Ok thanks

No Prob, & i hope it works out for you.

Note: Doing lots of research does help, but until you own it, or someone with the same PC who can say. Personal experience is best. I just bought a $600 laptop for my daughter so she can play the sims 3, but had to lower the settings to medium. looks like better deals in the US, but i didn't buy online & was limited to what we have here in AUS.
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEX View Post

No, sorry, but it looks pretty good for the price & i think it will be ok, unless you want to buy a ASUS ROG or Alienware laptop = $$$

Judging how that laptop isn't released yet and buying a custom top for it being a waste of money, they're only for looks and it's not recommended with a finite budget like you have, I would much rather go for a better GPU that has better overall options.

For instance, for the same general price that you implied to spend, ~$1000-$1100, I recommend the new FORCE 16F3. Better GPU overall and a better chassis that allows for easier expansion when you want to upgrade something. thumb.gif
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-6300HQ Dell Proprietary 4GB Nvidia GTX 960M Samsung 12GB (1x8GB 1x4GB) DDR3L 1600 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
256GB SanDisk M.2 SSD 1TB HGST 7.2k HDD Custom Cooling by Dell Solutions Windows 10 Home 64-Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
15.6" 1920x1080 IPS Screen Dell 130w PSU Logitech G602 Wireless 
Mouse Pad
Xtrac 'Ripper' Mouse Pad 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-2760QM Toshiba Qosmio X775 Nvidia 1.5GB GTX 560M 8GB DDR3 1333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
120GB Samsung 830 SSD + 1TB HGST 7200RPM HDD CD/DVD-RW Stock Windows 10 Home 64-Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
17.3" - 1600x900 Standard backlit 180w Power Adapter Logitech G500s 
Audio
Harmon/Kardon Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-6300HQ Dell Proprietary 4GB Nvidia GTX 960M Samsung 12GB (1x8GB 1x4GB) DDR3L 1600 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
256GB SanDisk M.2 SSD 1TB HGST 7.2k HDD Custom Cooling by Dell Solutions Windows 10 Home 64-Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
15.6" 1920x1080 IPS Screen Dell 130w PSU Logitech G602 Wireless 
Mouse Pad
Xtrac 'Ripper' Mouse Pad 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-2760QM Toshiba Qosmio X775 Nvidia 1.5GB GTX 560M 8GB DDR3 1333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
120GB Samsung 830 SSD + 1TB HGST 7200RPM HDD CD/DVD-RW Stock Windows 10 Home 64-Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
17.3" - 1600x900 Standard backlit 180w Power Adapter Logitech G500s 
Audio
Harmon/Kardon Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imglidinhere View Post

Judging how that laptop isn't released yet and buying a custom top for it being a waste of money, they're only for looks and it's not recommended with a finite budget like you have, I would much rather go for a better GPU that has better overall options.
For instance, for the same general price that you implied to spend, ~$1000-$1100, I recommend the new FORCE 16F3. Better GPU overall and a better chassis that allows for easier expansion when you want to upgrade something. thumb.gif

Hey thanks for coming! And yeah that one looks much better thanks!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Laptops and Netbooks
Overclock.net › Forums › Mobile Computing Forum › Laptops and Netbooks › Is this a good gaming laptop?