Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 690 Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] NVIDIA GTX 690 Owners Club - Page 116

post #1151 of 5427

@ Arizonian

 

Glad that you are getting a better performance. WHen i build my rig i will also turn on that PCI 3.0 setting from the motherboard. 

 

Did you try with setting the Texture Filtering to Quality again? I wonder if setting it to Quality or High Performance gives noticeable FPS differences. When i had my 590 I always set everything to High Quality. For me Quality and High Quality didnt really have visual difference, but quality vs high performance had some difference.

post #1152 of 5427
Quote:
Originally Posted by iARDAs View Post

@ Arizonian

Glad that you are getting a better performance. WHen i build my rig i will also turn on that PCI 3.0 setting from the motherboard. 

Did you try with setting the Texture Filtering to Quality again? I wonder if setting it to Quality or High Performance gives noticeable FPS differences. When i had my 590 I always set everything to High Quality. For me Quality and High Quality didnt really have visual difference, but quality vs high performance had some difference.

I guess I'd have to retry in 'optimal' settings and observe if that made a difference or not.

I'm not sure which of my changes helped most. I tweaked 'Manage 3D Settings' default profile for BF3 from Quality to High Performance. I over clocked to a mild stable +14% on GPU and the CPU this time. Went default 'ultra' settings rather than turn off Motion Blur and do custom. Also though I don't think made much difference. forced PCIe x16 to GEN3 rather than 'AUTO'.

Through all my testing for the last week and a half, my card has passed my own personal inspection. What I thought was a card issue now is confirmed was a PCIe power cable that had a poor connection, in short.

I'm very pleased. thumb.gif
post #1153 of 5427
I really need help here people I need some clarification as how to optimally setup my surround 3d with quad 690gtx's.. here is the article from nvidia



187
post #1154 of 5427
I don’t have quad SLI on my 690 set up yet! But based on that image you gave us it looks simple. Just make sure you use the green selected ports. You didn’t label the issue you’re having but I assume you are wondering what set up is better the right or left? In that case I am not much help. I actually would like to know if it is a benefit to have one GPU run physX rather then set up on the LEFT and set physX to auto select GPU. Not taking away from cheessemaster question but while one of you informed members answer it can you go into more detail on why or why not to use a signal GPU to run physX and for me if I was to keep one GTX690 and use a 2nd card like a 8800GTS laying around or a new GTX680 as a signal add in to run physX. Is it worth it I guess is the question? Thank you. I hope that what your also wondering cheessemaster so it can be answered in more detail.
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930k overclocked Asus Rampage IV Extream Evga GTX 690  corsair dominator platinum 32gigs at 1866mhz (t... 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
corsair dominator platinum 32gigs at 1866mhz (t... Samsung 840 Pro 256 Samsung 840 Pro 256 SanDisk SSD 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
WD Raptor WD raptors 2x 32GB WD My DUO Cloud NAS 6TB Asus DVD/CD 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
xspc ex240 kit, added ex120 in loop, front bay ... Windows 7 64bit pro 27in. Asus PB278Q PLS 2560x1440 WQHD 22in. Samsung syncMaster 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
razer blackwidow ultimate 2013 Mechanical SeaSonic X 1050 80Gold Silverstone TJ10 ESA Edition.  Mx518 Logitech 
Mouse PadAudioOther
Razer Headphones Wacom Intous5 Tablet 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-3570k Ivy Bridge 3.4/3.8Ghz Asus Sabertooth Z77 LGA 1155 EVGA GeForce GTX 670 2GB G.Skill 32GB 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital WD Black 500GB ASUS DRW-24B1ST H100 (coming soon) Windows 7 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung Logitech G15 Corsair TX Series 750TX Corsair Special Edition White Graphite Series 600T 
Mouse
Logitech MX518 
  hide details  
Reply
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930k overclocked Asus Rampage IV Extream Evga GTX 690  corsair dominator platinum 32gigs at 1866mhz (t... 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
corsair dominator platinum 32gigs at 1866mhz (t... Samsung 840 Pro 256 Samsung 840 Pro 256 SanDisk SSD 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
WD Raptor WD raptors 2x 32GB WD My DUO Cloud NAS 6TB Asus DVD/CD 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
xspc ex240 kit, added ex120 in loop, front bay ... Windows 7 64bit pro 27in. Asus PB278Q PLS 2560x1440 WQHD 22in. Samsung syncMaster 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
razer blackwidow ultimate 2013 Mechanical SeaSonic X 1050 80Gold Silverstone TJ10 ESA Edition.  Mx518 Logitech 
Mouse PadAudioOther
Razer Headphones Wacom Intous5 Tablet 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-3570k Ivy Bridge 3.4/3.8Ghz Asus Sabertooth Z77 LGA 1155 EVGA GeForce GTX 670 2GB G.Skill 32GB 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital WD Black 500GB ASUS DRW-24B1ST H100 (coming soon) Windows 7 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung Logitech G15 Corsair TX Series 750TX Corsair Special Edition White Graphite Series 600T 
Mouse
Logitech MX518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1155 of 5427
Hi guys,

Been following this thread for weeks now - seen some awesome set up & overclocks!! This thread pretty much convinced me to pick up my Gainward 690 - so thanks! I'm now a lot poorer...

Haven't pushed the card that much as yet as i'm not really liking the air cooling that my 800d is providing right now (installed custom fans but still pretty poor). So wondered if anyone could suggest a replacement case which would offer some improved air cooling goodness???? I'm seriously open to any suggestions here...

Cheers
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k P8P67 Deluxe Gainward GTX 690 Corsair XMS3 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 256gb H100 Windows 7 Ultimate Benq XL2420t 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K800 Corsair AX850 Corsair 800D Corsair M60 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k P8P67 Deluxe Gainward GTX 690 Corsair XMS3 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 256gb H100 Windows 7 Ultimate Benq XL2420t 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K800 Corsair AX850 Corsair 800D Corsair M60 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1156 of 5427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouki View Post

I don’t have quad SLI on my 690 set up yet! But based on that image you gave us it looks simple. Just make sure you use the green selected ports. You didn’t label the issue you’re having but I assume you are wondering what set up is better the right or left? In that case I am not much help. I actually would like to know if it is a benefit to have one GPU run physX rather then set up on the LEFT and set physX to auto select GPU. Not taking away from cheessemaster question but while one of you informed members answer it can you go into more detail on why or why not to use a signal GPU to run physX and for me if I was to keep one GTX690 and use a 2nd card like a 8800GTS laying around or a new GTX680 as a signal add in to run physX. Is it worth it I guess is the question? Thank you. I hope that what your also wondering cheessemaster so it can be answered in more detail.

The illustrations are in conflict with the written special instructions. I do get a message time to time that my config isn't optimal in regards to the monitor setup.
post #1157 of 5427
Hey guys, since I figured that the GTX 690 will push hot air inside my computer case, I kinda started believing that having my H100 rad mounted in the front of the case in push/pull as intake was bad for the card as it would always blow air very fast at the end of the card.

If I mount my rad to the top, would it be logical to setup the fans as show in this picture or would it be better to keep up with the old school way: front intake, bottom intake, top out, back out?

418
post #1158 of 5427
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadfink View Post

Hi guys,
Been following this thread for weeks now - seen some awesome set up & overclocks!! This thread pretty much convinced me to pick up my Gainward 690 - so thanks! I'm now a lot poorer...
Haven't pushed the card that much as yet as i'm not really liking the air cooling that my 800d is providing right now (installed custom fans but still pretty poor). So wondered if anyone could suggest a replacement case which would offer some improved air cooling goodness???? I'm seriously open to any suggestions here...
Cheers

Hi Nadfink,

See it's your first post. Welcome to OCN. smile.gif

The GTX 690 is a very good card, I agree. What's your cards temp when it sits idle & max temps when full throttle?

A lot of cases to choose from which have good air flow. My current favorites come from NZXT in the Phantom line.

NZXT Phantom (Full tower) or Phantom 410 (Mid-Tower). I have the mid-tower and have seven fans and with middle HDD rack could have eight. The full tower offers more fan options. I prefferred my middle HDD rack out of the way of front fans for more air flow personally. There's a fan you can mount right on the case facing your card sideways and a bottom fan you can add facing upward blowing cool air toward your GPU fan. Newegg shows off the Phantom & Phantom 410 nicely.

My idle temps are 31C-32C and full throttle 73C-74C using NZXT Phantom 410.

Another great place on OCN as you do your homework on cases would be - Computer Cases.

If you should find the time, we would also like to see your system specs in Your Profile / Edit System. It helps others helping you with any questions you might have, knowing what your dealing with for best advice to give.

Again, Welcome. biggrin.gif
post #1159 of 5427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizonian View Post

Hi Nadfink,
See it's your first post. Welcome to OCN. smile.gif
The GTX 690 is a very good card, I agree. What's your cards temp when it sits idle & max temps when full throttle?
A lot of cases to choose from which have good air flow. My current favorites come from NZXT in the Phantom line.
NZXT Phantom (Full tower) or Phantom 410 (Mid-Tower). I have the mid-tower and have seven fans and with middle HDD rack could have eight. The full tower offers more fan options. I prefferred my middle HDD rack out of the way of front fans for more air flow personally. There's a fan you can mount right on the case facing your card sideways and a bottom fan you can add facing upward blowing cool air toward your GPU fan. Newegg shows off the Phantom & Phantom 410 nicely.
My idle temps are 31C-32C and full throttle 73C-74C using NZXT Phantom 410.
Another great place on OCN as you do your homework on cases would be - Computer Cases.
If you should find the time, we would also like to see your system specs in Your Profile / Edit System. It helps others helping you with any questions you might have, knowing what your dealing with for best advice to give.
Again, Welcome. biggrin.gif

Hi Arizonian

Thanks for the welcome smile.gif Hopefully my sig should be showing now.

Right now at stock clocks i'm idling at 37/38. I've seen load temps hit 79/80 in Battlefield 3 so a good 6c higher than your 410. It is quite warm here in the UK at the minute but want to get those temps down so I can find a decent 24/7 oc.

Best run i've had through Heaven so far has been 135% PT, 120 GPU & 200 MEM - the card didn't like going any higher than that! Don't think i've got the best over-clocker but reckon I can get some more out of it once the temps are down. I'll scoot on over to the cases section & see what I can find....
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k P8P67 Deluxe Gainward GTX 690 Corsair XMS3 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 256gb H100 Windows 7 Ultimate Benq XL2420t 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K800 Corsair AX850 Corsair 800D Corsair M60 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k P8P67 Deluxe Gainward GTX 690 Corsair XMS3 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 256gb H100 Windows 7 Ultimate Benq XL2420t 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K800 Corsair AX850 Corsair 800D Corsair M60 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1160 of 5427
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadfink View Post

Hi Arizonian
Thanks for the welcome smile.gif Hopefully my sig should be showing now.
Right now at stock clocks i'm idling at 37/38. I've seen load temps hit 79/80 in Battlefield 3 so a good 6c higher than your 410. It is quite warm here in the UK at the minute but want to get those temps down so I can find a decent 24/7 oc.
Best run i've had through Heaven so far has been 135% PT, 120 GPU & 200 MEM - the card didn't like going any higher than that! Don't think i've got the best over-clocker but reckon I can get some more out of it once the temps are down. I'll scoot on over to the cases section & see what I can find....

Interesting because I've had similar over clock offsets and seem to be hitting that same ceiling.

I'm at +125 PT / +124 Core / +58 Memory. Haven't messed much with memory. Memory seems to bring least FPS gains if any, more than it causes temps to rise.

Ambient temps of your room might be your biggest factor but we're both seeing approximately the same over clock ceiling and even though I live in a desert I've got my home temp of 76F-77F regardless of outside heat.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 690 Owners Club