Originally Posted by ReignsOfPower
egotrippin - you make me laugh lol. Are you sure the rest of your system is stable?
Try this - Power +135% Core +150, Memory +300. Then go up 10 at a time up on the memory until it becomes unstable again. Once you hit that limit, go back 10 on the memory, then start pushing core 5 at a time until unstable. Then pull back your memory 10 and try again on the same crash-ey core state. If still crash-ey, pull memory back again another 10. Wash rinse repeat.
Here is my best run I've managed. I wouldn't say this is a 100% stable setting. My drivers started playing up after the test. Weird. Had to hard reset. +150 on the core I have had complete stability in my limited testing. 180 barely bumped up the bench scores.
- P11354 - GTX 590 - Highest overclock I managed.http://3dmark.com/3dm11/3837904
- P16033 - GTX 690 - Stock GPU run.http://3dmark.com/3dm11/3886447
- P18331 - GTX 690 - +135%, +180 GPU +500 Memory - I don't think I'll be able to hit 20k even if I dial in 5GHz and some finnikky OS tweaks.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Some oldies for comparison sake (X58 -> X79) - 3D Mark Vantagehttp://3dmark.com/3dmv/2033299
- P19509 - 4870x2 (OC)http://3dmark.com/3dmv/2937943
- P31227 - 5970 (OC)http://3dmark.com/3dmv/3042854
- P41053 - GTX 590 (Stock)http://3dmark.com/3dmv/4183956
- P64292 - GTX 690 (OC)
I followed your advice but started with a lower clock speed. I max the voltage and power target and I can do +700 with the memory clock but my GPU clock offset maxes out at +130. My heaven benchmark is now:
Originally Posted by fat_italian_stallion
It seems the sweet spot for benches is around 5.0 with watercooling to really see the most out of ur cards. Everything higher I've seen the rig is on phase or ln2
Before I had my cpu at 3.4 Ghz with turbo boost set to 4.4 Ghz on all cores. I have since disabled turbo boost and set my clock to 4.8 Ghz and hyperthreading is still on. This did not make any real differences in my benchmarks but maybe it would if I had multiple cards.
I'm using the 304.79 beta drivers, maybe that's why my GPU offset is lower than others.