Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 690 Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] NVIDIA GTX 690 Owners Club - Page 264

post #2631 of 5561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocky-LJ View Post

New GTX690 owner here, awesome card. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
IMG_7429.jpg?t=1350907086
IMG_7430.jpg?t=1350907136
IMG_7432.jpg?t=1350907277

I like the case coming from a modder prespective personally I've not seen that one before. smile.gif

Welcome to the GTX 690 Club and OCN. thumb.gif

How to list a Rig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renairy View Post

Add me please.... thumb.gif
- Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




Nice looking red theme rig Renairy. Congrats on the 690 and welcome to the club. thumb.gif


Both
     
  hide details  
Reply
     
  hide details  
Reply
post #2632 of 5561
Do you think the 690's got the lower binned chips?
Both GPU ASIQ quality's are in the 60's but they OC to 1202Mhz stable.
Cool Lava
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6700K @ 4.4Ghz [Stock Voltage ] MSI Gaming M5  GTX Titan X @ 1415Mhz/1.155v [Stock vBIOS] Corsair Domminator Platnium 2666Mhz CL11 2x4GB ... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Vertex 3 Max IOPS WD Velociraptor 1TB Corsair H80i Windows 8.1 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS ROG Swift 27" 2560x1440p 165Hz G-Sync IPS Logitech G710+ Corsair AX860i Corsair 650D 
MouseAudio
Logitech G9x Creative T3 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
Cool Lava
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6700K @ 4.4Ghz [Stock Voltage ] MSI Gaming M5  GTX Titan X @ 1415Mhz/1.155v [Stock vBIOS] Corsair Domminator Platnium 2666Mhz CL11 2x4GB ... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Vertex 3 Max IOPS WD Velociraptor 1TB Corsair H80i Windows 8.1 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS ROG Swift 27" 2560x1440p 165Hz G-Sync IPS Logitech G710+ Corsair AX860i Corsair 650D 
MouseAudio
Logitech G9x Creative T3 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2633 of 5561
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestache View Post

My brothers card has dropped 10mhz off one core also since we got it and they both used to run at 1212mhz. Could it be possible the GPUs don't like the overclock and as the result of it are degrading and needing more voltage to maintain it?
Could be why Nvidia don't want overclocking on this generation.

Verdict isn't out but for Core to drop to 1163 MHz, even though it's under 70C, where before same gaming (everything) I hit 1170 MHz seems weird. I've not touched settings now for months on my 24/7 OC I set and forget. I was stable so I didn't bother to look back at settings once I found my ceiling.

I've ruled out drivers as previously posted. If by some means my Core drops further we'll know something is up. In any rate 7 MHz translates to less than 1 FPS so it's no biggie.

As for the voltage & Nvidia.....one thing I've noticed is they come out with pretty high clocks right off the bat. Personally I've used voltage bumps on my GTX 580 only benching. Otherwise I'm against running my cards out of voltage specs. At first I thought they were being conservative with voltage and now I'm middle of the fence that they don't want to be replacing cards within two years of purchase for everyone.

@ DinaAngel - Kepler down clocks in straps of 13 MHz so it's not my temps. I did rule that out as my temps didn't change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renairy View Post

Do you think the 690's got the lower binned chips?
Both GPU ASIQ quality's are in the 60's but they OC to 1202Mhz stable.

Both GPU's are hitting 1202 MHz stable is great. My second does 1202 MHz but my first GPU is holding it back.

My ASIC is 62.1% and I hit 1170 MHz eerrrr I mean 1163 MHz Core. I don't feel they are poorly binned at all. I think they did test the chips at 915 MHz but why check any higher when binning batches? So it's possible we do get good chips. Another reason I don't feel they do I ask myself, Why would any company put out their highest priced card and use poorly binned chips on purpose?

Companies bin chips for advertised Core clocks and nothing more. Hence the lottery we all hope is golden chip in a box. tongue.gif
     
  hide details  
Reply
     
  hide details  
Reply
post #2634 of 5561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizonian View Post

Both GPU's are hitting 1202 MHz stable is great. My second does 1202 MHz but my first GPU is holding it back.
My ASIC is 62.1% and I hit 1170 MHz eerrrr I mean 1163 MHz Core. I don't feel they are poorly binned at all. I think they did test the chips at 915 MHz but why check any higher when binning batches? So it's possible we do get good chips. Another reason I don't feel they do I ask myself, Why would any company put out their highest priced card and use poorly binned chips on purpose?
Companies bin chips for advertised Core clocks and nothing more. Hence the lottery we all hope is golden chip in a box. tongue.gif

I would say they are below average binned chips since the GTX690 is clocked lower therefore no chance of instability...
It makes logical sense.
Putting under performing chips into a card that doesnt require them to clock high is relevant.
I could be wrong.

I had sli 680's before this and they were both in the high 80's.

I dno, but most 690's wont hit 1200mhz.
Cool Lava
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6700K @ 4.4Ghz [Stock Voltage ] MSI Gaming M5  GTX Titan X @ 1415Mhz/1.155v [Stock vBIOS] Corsair Domminator Platnium 2666Mhz CL11 2x4GB ... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Vertex 3 Max IOPS WD Velociraptor 1TB Corsair H80i Windows 8.1 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS ROG Swift 27" 2560x1440p 165Hz G-Sync IPS Logitech G710+ Corsair AX860i Corsair 650D 
MouseAudio
Logitech G9x Creative T3 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
Cool Lava
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6700K @ 4.4Ghz [Stock Voltage ] MSI Gaming M5  GTX Titan X @ 1415Mhz/1.155v [Stock vBIOS] Corsair Domminator Platnium 2666Mhz CL11 2x4GB ... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Vertex 3 Max IOPS WD Velociraptor 1TB Corsair H80i Windows 8.1 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS ROG Swift 27" 2560x1440p 165Hz G-Sync IPS Logitech G710+ Corsair AX860i Corsair 650D 
MouseAudio
Logitech G9x Creative T3 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2635 of 5561
post #2636 of 5561
post #2637 of 5561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizonian View Post

I like the case coming from a modder prespective personally I've not seen that one before. smile.gif
Welcome to the GTX 690 Club and OCN. thumb.gif
How to list a Rig
Nice looking red theme rig Renairy. Congrats on the 690 and welcome to the club. thumb.gif
Both

Just a note, my card is gigabyte not evga, sorry, I should have mentioned that.
post #2638 of 5561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renairy View Post

I would say they are below average binned chips since the GTX690 is clocked lower therefore no chance of instability...
It makes logical sense.
Putting under performing chips into a card that doesnt require them to clock high is relevant.
I could be wrong.
I had sli 680's before this and they were both in the high 80's.
I dno, but most 690's wont hit 1200mhz.
iv allready explained why
in earlier post

http://www.overclock.net/t/1249960/official-nvidia-gtx-690-owners-club/2610#post_18422267
this is dynamic overclocking, and its bit special on the 690 since it doesnt want to give the bump in amps to get stabile. because it doesnt give it above 50 degrees Celsius

also u have frequency and ripple and many factors, there is a diagram how the overclocking works ill try find it but its hyper sensitive on 690s

this is for the 680 but for 690 i think its much more sensitive to temprature
http://cdn.overclock.net/3/34/34a9aeaa_clock_vs_temp.gif
dont forget that the 690s got built in powersaving that does make this difficult
Edited by DinaAngel - 10/23/12 at 4:09pm
post #2639 of 5561
Had my Heatkiller GTX 690 block come in, thought would share a pic:


post #2640 of 5561
Quote:
Originally Posted by jassilamba View Post

Had my Heatkiller GTX 690 block come in, thought would share a pic:


That's a Sexy block Sir. thumb.gif
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k 5.2ghz  GIGABYTE G1 Assassin Sniper 3 7950 with Alphacool block 7950 w/ Alphacool Block 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveCooling
7950 w/ Alphacool block G.SKILL Trident X 2500mhz 2x4gb SanDisk Extreme 240gb sata III 6gbs x5 SwiftTech Apongee Drive II 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Monsta 360 86mm thick rad X 4 MCP 35X Pump x2 400ML Frozen Q Fusion res x3 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
CatLeap 2560x1440 + Acer hn274h bmiiid 120hz 3D Logitech G19 Corsair Ax1200 watts  Mountain Mods Ascension 
MouseAudio
Logitech M570 Pioneer SP-BS21 Bookshelf Loudspeakers + Lepai Amp 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k 5.2ghz  GIGABYTE G1 Assassin Sniper 3 7950 with Alphacool block 7950 w/ Alphacool Block 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveCooling
7950 w/ Alphacool block G.SKILL Trident X 2500mhz 2x4gb SanDisk Extreme 240gb sata III 6gbs x5 SwiftTech Apongee Drive II 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Monsta 360 86mm thick rad X 4 MCP 35X Pump x2 400ML Frozen Q Fusion res x3 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
CatLeap 2560x1440 + Acer hn274h bmiiid 120hz 3D Logitech G19 Corsair Ax1200 watts  Mountain Mods Ascension 
MouseAudio
Logitech M570 Pioneer SP-BS21 Bookshelf Loudspeakers + Lepai Amp 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 690 Owners Club