Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 690 Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] NVIDIA GTX 690 Owners Club - Page 448

post #4471 of 5564
Quote:
Originally Posted by wholeeo View Post

Are you in the US? I'll check to see if my brother wants to sell a new one he has never bothered installing. Just an FYI, it doesn't come with screws. You reuse the ones that are on the card itself.
im in canada but i can pay all shipping and whatnot, just let me know cause the only one ive been able to find is on amazon for over $50 and i know they only cost $25 from evga
post #4472 of 5564
I've one for sale too smile.gif
post #4473 of 5564
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiShBuRn View Post

I've one for sale too smile.gif
ok well im in need of one so ill buy one from either of you, ill need a bit before i can though since the card on its own broke the bank lol
post #4474 of 5564
i thought i would mention a little something for the people like me that wanna keep this card cool but cant afford watercooling, granted it stays quite cool as it is ive done a little tweak to the system, i found a little 80mm turbo fan laying around on its own is fairly loud but i used a noctua voltage mod cable so it runs near silent but moves a good bit of air, i then mounted it on the back of the video card right beside the dvi port so its not blocking anything but it suck a lot of heat out of the card, its a good cheap option that i havent seen anyone mention smile.gif its kind of ghetto but you dont notice it and it seems to be helping alot xD
post #4475 of 5564
I never thought that Blue and Green would look so sexy together... tongue.gif And here's a pic: thumb.gif



You can find proof here: http://www.overclock.net/t/392179/the-official-cooler-master-haf-x-932-922-912-club/21250#post_19977561
Edited by Koniakki - 5/16/13 at 7:10pm
Koniakki
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700K@4.7Ghz ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII Z170 HERO Zotac Geforce GTX 1080Ti FE 32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3733@CL15 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 950 PRO 256GB M.2 SSD Seagate Archive v2 8TB Seagate ST4000DM000 4TB Seagate Archive v2 8TB 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Alphacool NexXxoS Cool Answer 480 D5/UT60 W10 PRO x64 OEM DIGITAL Samsung PS-59D550 Corsair RMx 750W GOLD 
CaseMouseAudio
Thermatake Core P5 Logitech MK700/MK710 LG BH9540TW 9.1 Home Theater 
  hide details  
Reply
Koniakki
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700K@4.7Ghz ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII Z170 HERO Zotac Geforce GTX 1080Ti FE 32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3733@CL15 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 950 PRO 256GB M.2 SSD Seagate Archive v2 8TB Seagate ST4000DM000 4TB Seagate Archive v2 8TB 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Alphacool NexXxoS Cool Answer 480 D5/UT60 W10 PRO x64 OEM DIGITAL Samsung PS-59D550 Corsair RMx 750W GOLD 
CaseMouseAudio
Thermatake Core P5 Logitech MK700/MK710 LG BH9540TW 9.1 Home Theater 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4476 of 5564
specool.gif
post #4477 of 5564
I will be getting a 120hz monitor next week and I wanted to check in with the club to see how many of you are using your 690 on a 120hz screen and how well it handles it. I really only play BF3 and Skyrim.
Easy V3
(17 items)
 
12 Pack
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4820k Asus Rampage IV BE evga 1080ti FE w/ hybrid kit 16 GB G.Skill Trident X 2400mhz  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO 120gb Samsung 840 EVO 1TB Samsung Blu-ray Corsair H110 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
windows 10 Asus PG278Q Ducky Shine 3 - blue led - cherry mx browns Seasonic Platinum-1000 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Dimastech Easy V3 Mionix NAOS 8200 Mionix Ensis 320 titanium HD  
Other
audio technica ATH-A900X 
  hide details  
Reply
Easy V3
(17 items)
 
12 Pack
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4820k Asus Rampage IV BE evga 1080ti FE w/ hybrid kit 16 GB G.Skill Trident X 2400mhz  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO 120gb Samsung 840 EVO 1TB Samsung Blu-ray Corsair H110 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
windows 10 Asus PG278Q Ducky Shine 3 - blue led - cherry mx browns Seasonic Platinum-1000 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Dimastech Easy V3 Mionix NAOS 8200 Mionix Ensis 320 titanium HD  
Other
audio technica ATH-A900X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4478 of 5564
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbiker033 View Post

I will be getting a 120hz monitor next week and I wanted to check in with the club to see how many of you are using your 690 on a 120hz screen and how well it handles it. I really only play BF3 and Skyrim.

Don't play Skyrim will let others chime in there. Here is Caspian Borders multplayer on my i7 3770K with a GTX 690. I've video recorded it for OCN rather than use FRAPS to record. FRAPS is in the upper left corner for you to monitor FPS.

Basically depends on what your doing but it's a nice 120 FPS + anything beyond is superfluousness. Low dips of 78 FPS. I'd say average 98 FPS guesstimate. Ultra settings. See for yourself.



Quick note on 3D. If your getting 120 Hz monitor and it's Nvidia 3D Vision ready and have questions go to [Official] Nvidia 3d Vision + 3d Surround Club with any questions.

Running 3D will cut FPS about 45% - 50%. So if your playing a game normally @ 100 FPS, when your in 3D your going to get 50-55 FPS. When in 3D mode you need to maintain 30 FPS minimum to keep things running and you max @ 60 FPS for smoothest play again anything beyond is superfluousness.
     
  hide details  
Reply
     
  hide details  
Reply
post #4479 of 5564
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbiker033 View Post

I will be getting a 120hz monitor next week and I wanted to check in with the club to see how many of you are using your 690 on a 120hz screen and how well it handles it. I really only play BF3 and Skyrim.

Which monitor did you decide on?

To answer your question though, a gtx 690 will handle it just fine! I really enjoyed playing Close Quarters a lot, the fluidity of the monitor made the close-up firefights an easy win for me. You'd be surprised, its gives quite the advantage.
post #4480 of 5564
Quote:
Don't play Skyrim will let others chime in there. Here is Caspian Borders multplayer on my i7 3770K with a GTX 690. I've video recorded it for OCN rather than use FRAPS to record. FRAPS is in the upper left corner for you to monitor FPS.

Basically depends on what your doing but it's a nice 120 FPS + anything beyond is superfluousness. Low dips of 78 FPS. I'd say average 98 FPS guesstimate. Ultra settings. See for yourself.




Quick note on 3D. If your getting 120 Hz monitor and it's Nvidia 3D Vision ready and have questions go to [Official] Nvidia 3d Vision + 3d Surround Club with any questions.

Running 3D will cut FPS about 45% - 50%. So if your playing a game normally @ 100 FPS, when your in 3D your going to get 50-55 FPS. When in 3D mode you need to maintain 30 FPS minimum to keep things running and you max @ 60 FPS for smoothest play again anything beyond is superfluousness.

Thanks for the tips and video! I get very similar fps in BF3 to what is in your video. I don't really care too much about 3d.
Quote:
Which monitor did you decide on?

To answer your question though, a gtx 690 will handle it just fine! I really enjoyed playing Close Quarters a lot, the fluidity of the monitor made the close-up firefights an easy win for me. You'd be surprised, its gives quite the advantage.

Samsung S23A700D I bought used from a member here on the market place! Can't wait to try it out.

Thanks for the replies guys!
Edited by mtbiker033 - 5/19/13 at 12:46pm
Easy V3
(17 items)
 
12 Pack
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4820k Asus Rampage IV BE evga 1080ti FE w/ hybrid kit 16 GB G.Skill Trident X 2400mhz  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO 120gb Samsung 840 EVO 1TB Samsung Blu-ray Corsair H110 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
windows 10 Asus PG278Q Ducky Shine 3 - blue led - cherry mx browns Seasonic Platinum-1000 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Dimastech Easy V3 Mionix NAOS 8200 Mionix Ensis 320 titanium HD  
Other
audio technica ATH-A900X 
  hide details  
Reply
Easy V3
(17 items)
 
12 Pack
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4820k Asus Rampage IV BE evga 1080ti FE w/ hybrid kit 16 GB G.Skill Trident X 2400mhz  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO 120gb Samsung 840 EVO 1TB Samsung Blu-ray Corsair H110 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
windows 10 Asus PG278Q Ducky Shine 3 - blue led - cherry mx browns Seasonic Platinum-1000 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Dimastech Easy V3 Mionix NAOS 8200 Mionix Ensis 320 titanium HD  
Other
audio technica ATH-A900X 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 690 Owners Club