Originally Posted by lascar
Accelero Twin Turbo 690:
review the only one the whole web ! it will help you for sure
- in good case u should reach really good temp : mine 50C on both core on HEAVEN 4.0 tess maxed out 400% - for me the strongest Workload after Furmark
- if you re looking for silent mode, your are able to throttle down the fan @ 750/900 Rpm ( 3000 RPM fan earlier....) with stock voltage without loss on performance at stock voltage and stock speed
- In my case Fan is capped at 1500 RPM with overvolting Gpu's never exceed 65C in my antec case 1200 / 35-45C @ stock speed !
- Setting up the babe, on a 1K bucks GFX it's like on the moon.... you have to be focused and take your time , remember time is money :-)
- You should read the review, be sure you want to do it because it's a very long process if you want to do the things right without issues:
- You need TORX T6 mini screwdriver and phillips ones but to dismount very tiny screw like on some smartphones : look carefully the PCB and and the screws !
- The mod will make the card heavier , And DONT PUT HDD JUST BEHIND THE GFX : bad idéa really ssd would suffer, and hdd's will burn in hell...
Okay, I think I might go for it. The only problem is my case is moderately ventilated. 180 mm fan as intake. PSU (140 mm fan) and 120 mm as exhaust. Currently it feels like my GTX 690 is doing some of the exhaust work. Gaming makes the temperature go to around 80 - 85 degrees, with fans at 65%, I feel that's my noise limit.
Do you think the Twin Turbo would help? I think it would, the hot air should be vented fast enough
Lets give you a picture also (the fan should fit with the soundcard, right?):Edited by killbom - 11/11/13 at 4:48am