Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 690 Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] NVIDIA GTX 690 Owners Club - Page 514

post #5131 of 5564
Well i went back to basics and stripped all the loop down. I cleaned the cpu block which had some green gunk in it, i also cleaned all the tubing letting it soak in vinegar overnight and i did the same with the radiator. I reinstalled everything again today and temps are better. My gpu's on the 690 idle at around 27 and 25 now instead of in the 30s, my cpu temps are down by about 5 degrees as well.

When i run heaven benchmark im still getting one gpu hitting 65 degrees which is better than 100 degrees but the other gpu is at 35 degrees. So one is at 35 and one at 65, this still dont seem right. By the time i get to the end of heaven bench pcb 1 is at 40 degrees and pcb2 is 70 degrees. Why isnt pcb 1 higher than 40?

Ive used some thermal pads rated at 1mm in size and although when i used these the mount of the block regarding the 1 pcb on the 690 was not touching yet the 1 pcb was touching. I could tell this by taking the waterblock back off and looking at the tim on the pcb.

So i used some other thermal pad which i found in the box, seems the same size as the other 1mm thermal pads that i have but when i use it it seems to flatten out more. So im using a hybrid of these 2 across the block. Ive now ordered some 0.5 mm thermal pads so when i get these ill apply these to the block and see what happens.

Im thinking either the block is warped or something is wrong with the pads, im not exactly sure.

Also using the 331.93 beta driver made me crash heaven bench at stock settings!! I get better performance with the air cooler unless its the driver...?
Edited by V3teran - 12/20/13 at 11:21am
post #5132 of 5564
Ok i got some new thermal pads and used those, now the 690 idles at 23 on both gpus and now full loads around 45 on gpu 1 and 37 on gpu 2.. This is much better than before, is this similar to your pcb temps? Is it possible to get both gpus the same temp?

When using the msi afterburner hack for increased voltage is it worth doing this after the KGB mod?
Cheers
post #5133 of 5564
Depending on the seating of of the block, you could have even temps on both gpuz. Practically not though as water passes through the one gpu and warms up a tink before reaching the other gpu.

So being off by a couple of degrees is fine.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon E5-1680 V2  R4BE  TITAN X (Pascal)   2666 Dominator Platinum CL10 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
750 NVMe 1.2TB EK HF/rx360/rx120 EK FC/GTs/mcp655 Windows 10 Pro  
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
BL3200PT 1600 T2 800d Pro Audio 2.1 + DragonFly Red 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon E5-1680 V2  R4BE  TITAN X (Pascal)   2666 Dominator Platinum CL10 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
750 NVMe 1.2TB EK HF/rx360/rx120 EK FC/GTs/mcp655 Windows 10 Pro  
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
BL3200PT 1600 T2 800d Pro Audio 2.1 + DragonFly Red 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5134 of 5564
yeah upto 10 °C difference between cores is "normal" because of the Wblock design

Its testament to how well these blocks transfer the heat from the chisp/core/vrms to the water - you are looking at a rise of at least 5°C ; which is very very good; normally a regular (CPU) WB only shaves off 2 or 3 degrees with each "pass"

This is why a "big" rad and a pump doing +/- 1 GPM is important. smile.gif
post #5135 of 5564
Can someone help me out with my overclock.
I just had another reading and overclocking session, trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong and why I'm not achieving the overclock other people are.

With a PT of more than 100%, everything crashes at an overclock above +50 +50.
I just finished an hour overclock session and ended with PT 100% CC+120 MC+600.

Is my PSU killing my overclock here?
While using Valley at 1080p, I got 83fps with an overclock of 135% +50 +0. And got 85.8fps with 100% +120 +600.
How does this make any sense?

I'm using Driver 331.82

Here are my overclocking session results in order of
Test number / FPS / Power Target / Core Clock / Mem Clock
1/78.4 - Stock
2/81.3 - 135%
3/83 - 135% +50
4/Fail - 135 +100
5/81.1 - 100% +100
6/Fail - 100% +150
7/81.7 - 100% +120
8/Fail - 110% +120
9/Fail - 110% +120
10/81.4 - 100% +120
11/Fail - 105% +120
12/79.6 - 100% +0 +200
13/80.2 - 100% +0 +300
14/81 - 100% +0 +500
15/80.9 - 100% +0 +600
16/85.8 - 100% +120 +600
post #5136 of 5564
Before doing the MSI volt mod, have people used KGB Or Keplar Tweaker before using the MSI mod?
post #5137 of 5564
Quote:
Originally Posted by V3teran View Post

Before doing the MSI volt mod, have people used KGB Or Keplar Tweaker before using the MSI mod?

yeah mate, KGB + MSI UWINDER trick : everything is fine for me


Cheers
Edited by lascar - 12/24/13 at 3:16am
post #5138 of 5564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxish View Post

Can someone help me out with my overclock.
I just had another reading and overclocking session, trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong and why I'm not achieving the overclock other people are.

With a PT of more than 100%, everything crashes at an overclock above +50 +50.
I just finished an hour overclock session and ended with PT 100% CC+120 MC+600.

Is my PSU killing my overclock here?
While using Valley at 1080p, I got 83fps with an overclock of 135% +50 +0. And got 85.8fps with 100% +120 +600.
How does this make any sense?

I'm using Driver 331.82

Here are my overclocking session results in order of
Test number / FPS / Power Target / Core Clock / Mem Clock

1/78.4 - Stock
2/81.3 - 135%
3/83 - 135% +50
4/Fail - 135 +100
5/81.1 - 100% +100
6/Fail - 100% +150
7/81.7 - 100% +120
8/Fail - 110% +120
9/Fail - 110% +120
10/81.4 - 100% +120
11/Fail - 105% +120
12/79.6 - 100% +0 +200
13/80.2 - 100% +0 +300
14/81 - 100% +0 +500
15/80.9 - 100% +0 +600
16/85.8 - 100% +120 +600

Power Target PT : always maxed out when overclocking, it will help normalize the TDP and the speed of your gpu's.

the fact is PT should NOT make your GFX crash

start overclocking your GPU cores speed and then the memory GDDR5 for best results.


--> GS 700 corsair should be ok ( at stock speed)

Bad GFX ? Bad PSU , to weak on +V12 ? not Enough AMPs ? could be ...

For a system using a single GeForce GTX 690 graphics card NVIDIA specifies a minimum of a 650 Watt or greater power supply that has a maximum combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 46 Amps or greater and that has at least two 8-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

For a system using two reference clocked GeForce GTX 670 graphics cards in 2-way SLI mode NVIDIA specifies a minimum of a 700 Watt or greater power supply that has a maximum combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 45 Amps or greater and that has at least four 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

Total Power Supply Wattage is NOT the crucial factor in power supply selection!!! Total Combined Continuous Power/Current Available on the +12V Rail(s) rated at 50°C ambient temperature, is the most important factor.

The Corsair GS700 , with its maximum combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 56 Amps and with four (6+2)-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors, is way more than sufficient to power your system configuration with a single GeForce GTX 690 graphics card even with a little O/C (???)

it will also depend on the Vcore of the CPU , and other factors...
Edited by lascar - 12/24/13 at 6:27am
post #5139 of 5564
Quote:
Originally Posted by lascar View Post

yeah mate, KGB + MSI UWINDER trick : everything is fine for me


Cheers

What driver do you use and what do you find are the best drivers for overclocking and gaming?
post #5140 of 5564
Quote:
Originally Posted by lascar View Post

Power Target PT : always maxed out when overclocking, it will help normalize the TDP and the speed of your gpu's.

the fact is PT should NOT make your GFX crash

start overclocking your GPU cores speed and then the memory GDDR5 for best results.


--> GS 700 corsair should be ok ( at stock speed)

Bad GFX ? Bad PSU , to weak on +V12 ? not Enough AMPs ? could be ...

For a system using a single GeForce GTX 690 graphics card NVIDIA specifies a minimum of a 650 Watt or greater power supply that has a maximum combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 46 Amps or greater and that has at least two 8-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

For a system using two reference clocked GeForce GTX 670 graphics cards in 2-way SLI mode NVIDIA specifies a minimum of a 700 Watt or greater power supply that has a maximum combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 45 Amps or greater and that has at least four 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

Total Power Supply Wattage is NOT the crucial factor in power supply selection!!! Total Combined Continuous Power/Current Available on the +12V Rail(s) rated at 50°C ambient temperature, is the most important factor.

The Corsair GS700 , with its maximum combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 56 Amps and with four (6+2)-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors, is way more than sufficient to power your system configuration with a single GeForce GTX 690 graphics card even with a little O/C (???)

it will also depend on the Vcore of the CPU , and other factors...


Thanks for all the advice.
I've ran a few more tests:

16/85.8 - 100% +120 +600
17/82.6 - 135% +50 +0
18/82.7 - 135% +60 +0
19/83.2 - 135% +70 +0
20/83.5 - 135% +80 +0
21/Fail - 135% +90 +0
22/Fail - 135% +0 +200
23/81.6 - 135% +0 +150
24/84.3 - 135% +80 +150

Even though I had a higher fps at 100% +120 +600, I've went with 135% +80 +150.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 690 Owners Club