Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › [Official] Ivy Bridge Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Ivy Bridge Owners Thread - Page 607

Poll Results: Which Ivy Bridge CPU did you buy?

This is a multiple choice poll
  • 50% of voters (692)
    i5 3570k
  • 43% of voters (586)
    i7 3770k
  • 6% of voters (91)
    Other
1362 Total Votes  
post #6061 of 7362
Damn you Americans and your microcenter. My 3570K was $245 and you can get them for $180 in a physical shop. If I wanted to buy from an actual shop I'd have to pay near $280 redface.gif

Anyway I think I'm going to go back down to 4.0GHz and drop the voltage as far as possible. My cooler just isn't up to the job at 4.5 GHz. It's not like I actually need the 500MHz extra anyway rolleyes.gif
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-4278U @ 2.6GHz Apple Logic Board Intel Iris 5100 8GB 1600MHz DDR3L 
Hard DriveOSOSMonitor
128GB SSD Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan Windows 10 13" IPS @ 2560 x 1600 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Apple British Keyboard 60W Magsafe 2 Apple Aluminium Unibody Apple Trackpad 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-4278U @ 2.6GHz Apple Logic Board Intel Iris 5100 8GB 1600MHz DDR3L 
Hard DriveOSOSMonitor
128GB SSD Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan Windows 10 13" IPS @ 2560 x 1600 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Apple British Keyboard 60W Magsafe 2 Apple Aluminium Unibody Apple Trackpad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6062 of 7362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott1541 View Post

Damn you Americans and your microcenter. My 3570K was $245 and you can get them for $180 in a physical shop. If I wanted to buy from an actual shop I'd have to pay near $280 redface.gif

Anyway I think I'm going to go back down to 4.0GHz and drop the voltage as far as possible. My cooler just isn't up to the job at 4.5 GHz. It's not like I actually need the 500MHz extra anyway rolleyes.gif
second fan.... cool.gif
post #6063 of 7362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott1541 View Post

Damn you Americans and your microcenter. My 3570K was $245 and you can get them for $180 in a physical shop. If I wanted to buy from an actual shop I'd have to pay near $280 redface.gif

Anyway I think I'm going to go back down to 4.0GHz and drop the voltage as far as possible. My cooler just isn't up to the job at 4.5 GHz. It's not like I actually need the 500MHz extra anyway rolleyes.gif

Whats your VCORE and temps with 4.5 Ghz? Im running 4.4 Ghz / 1.2V and the highest my temp got was 76C during a 10 hours prime small ftt test. Im using a Zalman X11 Performa cooler. My room temperature is around 20C and CPU idles at around 35-38C fan speed set to auto.
Chunin
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Ivy Core i5-3570K  ASUS P8Z77-V  Gigabyte GTX 670  Patriot 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
SAMSUNG HD103SJ SAMSUNG HD204UI (S2H7J1CB113780) ST2000DM001-9YN164 ST31000524AS 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
ST2000DM001-1CH164 TSSTcorp CDDVDW SE-S084F Zalman 11x Performa 6x Arctic Cooling F12 120mm 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 64bit SP1 Samsung Syncmaster 2232BW Benq GL2450HT Xtrust Classicline 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX Enthusiast 650W SilentiumPC Gladius X80 Razer Deathadder Aquos 2 
Audio
Logitech x-530 
  hide details  
Reply
Chunin
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Ivy Core i5-3570K  ASUS P8Z77-V  Gigabyte GTX 670  Patriot 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
SAMSUNG HD103SJ SAMSUNG HD204UI (S2H7J1CB113780) ST2000DM001-9YN164 ST31000524AS 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
ST2000DM001-1CH164 TSSTcorp CDDVDW SE-S084F Zalman 11x Performa 6x Arctic Cooling F12 120mm 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 64bit SP1 Samsung Syncmaster 2232BW Benq GL2450HT Xtrust Classicline 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX Enthusiast 650W SilentiumPC Gladius X80 Razer Deathadder Aquos 2 
Audio
Logitech x-530 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6064 of 7362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunin View Post

Whats your VCORE and temps with 4.5 Ghz? Im running 4.4 Ghz / 1.2V and the highest my temp got was 76C during a 10 hours prime small ftt test. Im using a Zalman X11 Performa cooler. My room temperature is around 20C and CPU idles at around 35-38C fan speed set to auto.

I had the vcore set at 1.3v and I still didn't think it was stable, however I didn't run Prime95 long enough to be sure. The temperatures were getting above 80C and I don't really like it running that hot. I'd ideally like to keep the temp under 60 if possible.

I've reseated and changed the cooler position today and it hasn't made too much difference. I have one more thing I might try then if that doesn't work I might leave it at 4GHz or buy a second fan or new cooler entirely.
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-4278U @ 2.6GHz Apple Logic Board Intel Iris 5100 8GB 1600MHz DDR3L 
Hard DriveOSOSMonitor
128GB SSD Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan Windows 10 13" IPS @ 2560 x 1600 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Apple British Keyboard 60W Magsafe 2 Apple Aluminium Unibody Apple Trackpad 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-4278U @ 2.6GHz Apple Logic Board Intel Iris 5100 8GB 1600MHz DDR3L 
Hard DriveOSOSMonitor
128GB SSD Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan Windows 10 13" IPS @ 2560 x 1600 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Apple British Keyboard 60W Magsafe 2 Apple Aluminium Unibody Apple Trackpad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6065 of 7362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott1541 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunin View Post

Whats your VCORE and temps with 4.5 Ghz? Im running 4.4 Ghz / 1.2V and the highest my temp got was 76C during a 10 hours prime small ftt test. Im using a Zalman X11 Performa cooler. My room temperature is around 20C and CPU idles at around 35-38C fan speed set to auto.

I had the vcore set at 1.3v and I still didn't think it was stable, however I didn't run Prime95 long enough to be sure. The temperatures were getting above 80C and I don't really like it running that hot. I'd ideally like to keep the temp under 60 if possible.

I've reseated and changed the cooler position today and it hasn't made too much difference. I have one more thing I might try then if that doesn't work I might leave it at 4GHz or buy a second fan or new cooler entirely.
did I suggest second fan to you yet.. rolleyes.giftongue.gif
post #6066 of 7362
Quote:
Originally Posted by malmental View Post

did I suggest second fan to you yet.. rolleyes.giftongue.gif

Second fan you say?
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-4278U @ 2.6GHz Apple Logic Board Intel Iris 5100 8GB 1600MHz DDR3L 
Hard DriveOSOSMonitor
128GB SSD Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan Windows 10 13" IPS @ 2560 x 1600 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Apple British Keyboard 60W Magsafe 2 Apple Aluminium Unibody Apple Trackpad 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-4278U @ 2.6GHz Apple Logic Board Intel Iris 5100 8GB 1600MHz DDR3L 
Hard DriveOSOSMonitor
128GB SSD Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan Windows 10 13" IPS @ 2560 x 1600 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Apple British Keyboard 60W Magsafe 2 Apple Aluminium Unibody Apple Trackpad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6067 of 7362
biggrin.gif
post #6068 of 7362
hey guys I just finished an i5 3570K build! Smokin fast

I wanna get the thing up to at least 4.2GHz. I've never owned an intel processor before though so the overclocking is weirding me out. In the BIOS when I set the multiplier to 42 it still boots to 3400MHz and says the multiplier is at 34, why is that?

main specs:

i5 3570K
ASRock Extreme4 mobo
Corsair 550TX PSU
Corsair A50 cooler
post #6069 of 7362
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPotato View Post

hey guys I just finished an i5 3570K build! Smokin fast

I wanna get the thing up to at least 4.2GHz. I've never owned an intel processor before though so the overclocking is weirding me out. In the BIOS when I set the multiplier to 42 it still boots to 3400MHz and says the multiplier is at 34, why is that?

main specs:

i5 3570K
ASRock Extreme4 mobo
Corsair 550TX PSU
Corsair A50 cooler

Are you hitting F10 to save and exit the BIOS?
Ace
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz ASRock Z77E-ITX EVGA GTX 680 Hydro Copper G.Skill Ares Series 16GB 1600MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 PRO Series 256GB WD Scorpio Black 750GB Asus External XSPC EX240 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
XSPC EX120 EK Supreme HF Swiftech MCP355 w/ EK Top Windows 8 Professional Plus MC 64-Bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
LG W2442PA 24" 1080P LG W2442PA 24" 1080P Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silverstone ST45SF-G 450W SFX  
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Compact Splash #001 Mionix Naos 5000 Steelseries 4HD 
  hide details  
Reply
Ace
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz ASRock Z77E-ITX EVGA GTX 680 Hydro Copper G.Skill Ares Series 16GB 1600MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 PRO Series 256GB WD Scorpio Black 750GB Asus External XSPC EX240 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
XSPC EX120 EK Supreme HF Swiftech MCP355 w/ EK Top Windows 8 Professional Plus MC 64-Bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
LG W2442PA 24" 1080P LG W2442PA 24" 1080P Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silverstone ST45SF-G 450W SFX  
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Compact Splash #001 Mionix Naos 5000 Steelseries 4HD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6070 of 7362
Quote:
Originally Posted by airplaneman View Post

Are you hitting F10 to save and exit the BIOS?

yep
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › [Official] Ivy Bridge Owners Thread