Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › [Official] Ivy Bridge Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Ivy Bridge Owners Thread - Page 735

Poll Results: Which Ivy Bridge CPU did you buy?

This is a multiple choice poll
  • 50% of voters (692)
    i5 3570k
  • 43% of voters (586)
    i7 3770k
  • 6% of voters (91)
    Other
1362 Total Votes  
post #7341 of 7362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belkov View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattBaneLM View Post

the white autos need a number value. to set them to max which is fine just type 10000 into each. they will prob set max at 500

Actually it was possible to change those autos... wink.gif

I found this guide and achieved not bad clocks for now/don't have time for more tests right now/ - 4.4 GHz absolutely stable with max vcore 1.186. With my new U12S, which i just installed this morning, the max temp in prime95 was 68 degrees.

Pretty cool chip... wink.gif

Very well done, nice overclock!
I hope you understand why it's important to familiarize yourself with all the features before approaching them, hence the suggestions to read up on the subject. smile.gif


On-topic: tonight I might go for a proper 4.5GHz overclock, see how low the voltage can go. thumb.gif
MEGATRON
(24 items)
 
GIGATRON
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5-3570K @ 4.8/1.32V | Hammer&Vice'd ASUS Sabertooth Z77 PowerColor R9 290 PowerColor R9 290 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung MV-3V4G3D/US 4x4GB kit @ 2200MHz 9-10-1... 2x Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB RAID 0 Samsung 840 Evo 250GB 2xAquacomputer Kryographics Hawaii Nickel/Acrylic 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC Rasa Swiftech MCP-655 Vario Aquacomputer Aqualis 450mm w/ nano & Pump top 2x XSPC RX360; 1x XSPC RS360; 1x Alphacool ST 1... 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
EK-Vardar F4-120 8.1 x64; Ubuntu 14.10 Dell U2412M Dell U2412M 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2312H BenQ XL2411Z KBC Poker II MX Clears SeaSonic SS-850AM 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Thermaltake Core X9 Mionix AVIOR 7000 Razer Goliathus Aune T1 -> Yamaha A-720 -> Sennheiser HD650 | S... 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Intel Xeon E5-2650 v4 @ 2.00GHz Intel Xeon E5-2650 v4 @ 2.00GHz SuperMicro X10DAL-i nay 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
2x8GB (for now) Kingston DDR4 @ 2133MHz/C16 Samsung 840 120GB EK-Vardar F4 on an Arctic Freezer i11 Ubuntu Server 16.04 
PowerCase
SeaSonic SS850-AM overrated 
  hide details  
Reply
MEGATRON
(24 items)
 
GIGATRON
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5-3570K @ 4.8/1.32V | Hammer&Vice'd ASUS Sabertooth Z77 PowerColor R9 290 PowerColor R9 290 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung MV-3V4G3D/US 4x4GB kit @ 2200MHz 9-10-1... 2x Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB RAID 0 Samsung 840 Evo 250GB 2xAquacomputer Kryographics Hawaii Nickel/Acrylic 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC Rasa Swiftech MCP-655 Vario Aquacomputer Aqualis 450mm w/ nano & Pump top 2x XSPC RX360; 1x XSPC RS360; 1x Alphacool ST 1... 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
EK-Vardar F4-120 8.1 x64; Ubuntu 14.10 Dell U2412M Dell U2412M 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2312H BenQ XL2411Z KBC Poker II MX Clears SeaSonic SS-850AM 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Thermaltake Core X9 Mionix AVIOR 7000 Razer Goliathus Aune T1 -> Yamaha A-720 -> Sennheiser HD650 | S... 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Intel Xeon E5-2650 v4 @ 2.00GHz Intel Xeon E5-2650 v4 @ 2.00GHz SuperMicro X10DAL-i nay 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
2x8GB (for now) Kingston DDR4 @ 2133MHz/C16 Samsung 840 120GB EK-Vardar F4 on an Arctic Freezer i11 Ubuntu Server 16.04 
PowerCase
SeaSonic SS850-AM overrated 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7342 of 7362
Yes. Back then i presumed or someone told me my motherboard can not participate for good clocks and i've never really tried to push it further than stock settings and multiplier clock of 42 for my sandy 2500k.

Actualy this mobo is not so bad - only the vcore steps are bigger and llc is missing. But ofset clocks are pretty easy to be achieved. Last night i made 4.6 with max vcore 1.23 - max temps were 70 in prime95.

But the sweet spot for me is 4.2 - 4.4, so i will use it on these clocks 24/7.
post #7343 of 7362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belkov View Post

Yes. Back then i presumed or someone told me my motherboard can not participate for good clocks and i've never really tried to push it further than stock settings and multiplier clock of 42 for my sandy 2500k.

Actualy this mobo is not so bad - only the vcore steps are bigger and llc is missing. But ofset clocks are pretty easy to be achieved. Last night i made 4.6 with max vcore 1.23 - max temps were 70 in prime95.

But the sweet spot for me is 4.2 - 4.4, so i will use it on these clocks 24/7.


if you can set stock cpu volts of 1.20 and run 4500 then you have a good chip.
SUM and round off error checking enabled for prime95 checking is essential

and keep checking your error log for WHEA errors because prime may not crash but it could still be unstable. also if you find errors early it means you dont have to wait for prime to crash 9 hrs later to find out
post #7344 of 7362
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattBaneLM View Post

if you can set stock cpu volts of 1.20 and run 4500 then you have a good chip.
SUM and round off error checking enabled for prime95 checking is essential

and keep checking your error log for WHEA errors because prime may not crash but it could still be unstable. also if you find errors early it means you dont have to wait for prime to crash 9 hrs later to find out

To set stock cpu volts is another option which misses in my mobo... wink.gif

I can clock only by ofset.
post #7345 of 7362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belkov View Post

To set stock cpu volts is another option which misses in my mobo... wink.gif

I can clock only by ofset.

i went back and looked at your bios screenshots and i think you can clock one of three ways..

http://www.overclock.net/t/1607258/asrock-z77-extreme-4-and-3570k-at-4700mhz-stable-settings


check that and see if it sheds light ^^
post #7346 of 7362
You mean to clock via turbo voltage?

This i can do.
post #7347 of 7362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belkov View Post

You mean to clock via turbo voltage?

This i can do.

turbo, fixed , or offset

so far im finding the coolest and stablest for my set up is to disable turbo volts and work with fixed with llc 2



reading the guides as advised before is imperative but my thread might help you speed it up is all. but take the time to read with a pen and paper in front of you and take notes
post #7348 of 7362
Ah, i saw why you think i can use fixed mode, but i can not... smile.gif

Don't have llc and fixed - you can see my option is called CPU Core Voltage Offset, but not CPU Core Voltage. i can not choose between different modes - only offset.
post #7349 of 7362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belkov View Post

Ah, i saw why you think i can use fixed mode, but i can not... smile.gif

Don't have llc and fixed - you can see my option is called CPU Core Voltage Offset, but not CPU Core Voltage. i can not choose between different modes - only offset.

ok i understand.

i think you should either have your turbo voltage disabled OR set it to a fixed value ie: +0.04
Edited by MattBaneLM - 8/19/16 at 1:10am
post #7350 of 7362
Yeah, i set it to 0.04.
Regards.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › [Official] Ivy Bridge Owners Thread