Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Build Logs › [ Build Log ] Purchased Ivy Gaming Build!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[ Build Log ] Purchased Ivy Gaming Build! - Page 2

post #11 of 49
I've definitely been looking at some of the mechanical keyboards (the cooler master one's specifically) but Ive had the sidewinder for roughly 2+ years and its still going strong. I just really love it. thumb.gif
post #12 of 49
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonkers View Post

I've definitely been looking at some of the mechanical keyboards (the cooler master one's specifically) but Ive had the sidewinder for roughly 2+ years and its still going strong. I just really love it. thumb.gif

lol I was actually thinking about it as well, but our(me and the gf) bedroom is right next to my "man" cave, thus my headset for ps3 has become extremely important. If she heard me clacking all night raging in games it would def become an issue. This is my first sidewinder purchase since their original controller on PC when i was like 7 (25 now) lol talk about sh*** drivers.

the gf does weekly spring cleaning, so if i can find the digi ill do an unboxing tonight of everything, including the cpu/mobo/video card.
Edited by king8654 - 5/1/12 at 7:47am
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz... ASRock 970 EXTREME3 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB... ASUS EAH5870/2DIS/1GD5/V2 Radeon HD 5870 (Cypre... CORSAIR Vengeance LP 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 CT064M4SSD2 2.5" 64GB SATA III MLC I... SAMSUNG DVD Burner SATA Model SH-224BB - OEM COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus RR-B10-212P-G1 Microsoft Windows 7 - Home Premium 
Power
OCZ Fatal1ty 550W Modular Gaming Power Supply 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz... ASRock 970 EXTREME3 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB... ASUS EAH5870/2DIS/1GD5/V2 Radeon HD 5870 (Cypre... CORSAIR Vengeance LP 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 CT064M4SSD2 2.5" 64GB SATA III MLC I... SAMSUNG DVD Burner SATA Model SH-224BB - OEM COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus RR-B10-212P-G1 Microsoft Windows 7 - Home Premium 
Power
OCZ Fatal1ty 550W Modular Gaming Power Supply 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by king8654 View Post

lol I was actually thinking about it as well, but our(me and the gf) bedroom is right next to my "man" cave, thus my headset for ps3 has become extremely important. If she heard me clacking all night raging in games it would def become an issue. This is my first sidewinder purchase since their original controller on PC when i was like 7 (25 now) lol talk about sh*** drivers.
the gf does weekly spring cleaning, so if i can find the digi ill do an unboxing tonight of everything, including the cpu/mobo/video card.

lmao you sound like my gf and I. I just started working third so my "man cave" is my new bedroom and I end up having to use my ps3 headset for my computer because she likes to come in here and watch the big bang theory while I play a game or decide I finish up my mods. Hopefully yours doesnt give you hell about the computer in general like mine does lol.
post #14 of 49
Thread Starter 
Ha, luckily shes a nurse and i work for railroad, so our hours line up just enough to see each other, but still give me couple hours a night of me time lol as long as i respond and dont act like a mute while gaming, at least while shes around, its cool. diablo III might put that to the test ha
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz... ASRock 970 EXTREME3 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB... ASUS EAH5870/2DIS/1GD5/V2 Radeon HD 5870 (Cypre... CORSAIR Vengeance LP 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 CT064M4SSD2 2.5" 64GB SATA III MLC I... SAMSUNG DVD Burner SATA Model SH-224BB - OEM COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus RR-B10-212P-G1 Microsoft Windows 7 - Home Premium 
Power
OCZ Fatal1ty 550W Modular Gaming Power Supply 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz... ASRock 970 EXTREME3 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB... ASUS EAH5870/2DIS/1GD5/V2 Radeon HD 5870 (Cypre... CORSAIR Vengeance LP 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 CT064M4SSD2 2.5" 64GB SATA III MLC I... SAMSUNG DVD Burner SATA Model SH-224BB - OEM COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus RR-B10-212P-G1 Microsoft Windows 7 - Home Premium 
Power
OCZ Fatal1ty 550W Modular Gaming Power Supply 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 49
Thread Starter 
Alright, so the video card, cpu, mouse pad, and wire ties came today. mobo, case coming tomm, and fans sat. Prob going to do the build on sunday, and that will include the HQ unboxing, sexy pics lol

2u47rie.jpg
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz... ASRock 970 EXTREME3 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB... ASUS EAH5870/2DIS/1GD5/V2 Radeon HD 5870 (Cypre... CORSAIR Vengeance LP 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 CT064M4SSD2 2.5" 64GB SATA III MLC I... SAMSUNG DVD Burner SATA Model SH-224BB - OEM COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus RR-B10-212P-G1 Microsoft Windows 7 - Home Premium 
Power
OCZ Fatal1ty 550W Modular Gaming Power Supply 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz... ASRock 970 EXTREME3 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB... ASUS EAH5870/2DIS/1GD5/V2 Radeon HD 5870 (Cypre... CORSAIR Vengeance LP 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 CT064M4SSD2 2.5" 64GB SATA III MLC I... SAMSUNG DVD Burner SATA Model SH-224BB - OEM COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus RR-B10-212P-G1 Microsoft Windows 7 - Home Premium 
Power
OCZ Fatal1ty 550W Modular Gaming Power Supply 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 49
Wow thats a great build man, thats probably exactly what I would put together if I had the cash. very modest but solid build, Good luck!
post #17 of 49
Thread Starter 
Thanks man! Ya, actually spent few weeks looking into what i really wanted. started with 1500 budget and 2500k/580, but then ivy was coming soon and 680 dropped, so said go big or go home and just stepped everything up lol in the future might upgrade ram / sli another 680 / possibly dip into actual watercooling, but should be solid for a while. smile.gif

btw: loving the 42" gaming lcd lol
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz... ASRock 970 EXTREME3 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB... ASUS EAH5870/2DIS/1GD5/V2 Radeon HD 5870 (Cypre... CORSAIR Vengeance LP 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 CT064M4SSD2 2.5" 64GB SATA III MLC I... SAMSUNG DVD Burner SATA Model SH-224BB - OEM COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus RR-B10-212P-G1 Microsoft Windows 7 - Home Premium 
Power
OCZ Fatal1ty 550W Modular Gaming Power Supply 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz... ASRock 970 EXTREME3 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB... ASUS EAH5870/2DIS/1GD5/V2 Radeon HD 5870 (Cypre... CORSAIR Vengeance LP 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 CT064M4SSD2 2.5" 64GB SATA III MLC I... SAMSUNG DVD Burner SATA Model SH-224BB - OEM COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus RR-B10-212P-G1 Microsoft Windows 7 - Home Premium 
Power
OCZ Fatal1ty 550W Modular Gaming Power Supply 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by king8654 View Post

Thanks man! Ya, actually spent few weeks looking into what i really wanted. started with 1500 budget and 2500k/580, but then ivy was coming soon and 680 dropped, so said go big or go home and just stepped everything up lol in the future might upgrade ram / sli another 680 / possibly dip into actual watercooling, but should be solid for a while. smile.gif
btw: loving the 42" gaming lcd lol

I can always upgrade to a 3770k and a 680! but I can't see myself with an extra 850 bucks laying around oh well, and thanks my TV is the **** i have no problems playing @1080p all day on da big screen!
post #19 of 49
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattbag View Post

I can always upgrade to a 3770k and a 680! but I can't see myself with an extra 850 bucks laying around oh well, and thanks my TV is the **** i have no problems playing @1080p all day on da big screen!

Exactly, happened to have an extra 2k, and was my bday coming up, so bought myself a nice gift lol back in college with my dual core build when they first came out gamed on a 32" 720p, and that was intense lol was looking into a 27", but settled on 24 for practicability.
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz... ASRock 970 EXTREME3 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB... ASUS EAH5870/2DIS/1GD5/V2 Radeon HD 5870 (Cypre... CORSAIR Vengeance LP 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 CT064M4SSD2 2.5" 64GB SATA III MLC I... SAMSUNG DVD Burner SATA Model SH-224BB - OEM COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus RR-B10-212P-G1 Microsoft Windows 7 - Home Premium 
Power
OCZ Fatal1ty 550W Modular Gaming Power Supply 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz... ASRock 970 EXTREME3 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB... ASUS EAH5870/2DIS/1GD5/V2 Radeon HD 5870 (Cypre... CORSAIR Vengeance LP 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 CT064M4SSD2 2.5" 64GB SATA III MLC I... SAMSUNG DVD Burner SATA Model SH-224BB - OEM COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus RR-B10-212P-G1 Microsoft Windows 7 - Home Premium 
Power
OCZ Fatal1ty 550W Modular Gaming Power Supply 
  hide details  
Reply
post #20 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by king8654 View Post

Exactly, happened to have an extra 2k, and was my bday coming up, so bought myself a nice gift lol back in college with my dual core build when they first came out gamed on a 32" 720p, and that was intense lol was looking into a 27", but settled on 24 for practicability.

Yes when I do have money to buy a new monitor and setup I'm sure 24 inches will be plenty for me hopefully it will be a 1440p monitor thouh by then and it should look nice and sexy! Be sure to post pics of the build when you're working on it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Build Logs
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Build Logs › [ Build Log ] Purchased Ivy Gaming Build!