Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [mp1st]Is Battlefield 3 Finally The Game It Was Meant To Be? DICE Admits, “We Can’t Win”
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[mp1st]Is Battlefield 3 Finally The Game It Was Meant To Be? DICE Admits, “We Can’t Win” - Page 13

post #121 of 139
So they openly admit to shipping half arsed games they know isn't ready for release because they wanna make money. Plus, you can just fix it later rolleyes.gif
Maybe for no-name games and stuff, but AAA titles you plaster ads all over the world on TV and online for months and months talking about how great it is? C'mon... They don't even care about telling us they just release games to get money.

We either get companies that simply push out games just to have something launch, while we have others that won't release their games at all. We need balance frown.gif
M06
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX6300 Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5 XFX 7950 - 3GB G.Skill Sniper 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 2133 CL9 @ 1733... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
WD Blue 500GB WD Black 1.5TB Crucial M4 128GB (OS) LG ODD 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Deepcool Lucifer v2 Win7 Ultimate 64 bit Acer X223w (1050) LG 22EN33 (1080) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Sharkoon Tactix OCZ ModXstream Pro 700w Modular Corsair 300R CM Storm Xornet 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Steelseries Qck+ DOTA2 Edition Edifier e1100+  Sennheiser HD215 Plantronics Gamecom 307 
  hide details  
Reply
M06
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX6300 Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5 XFX 7950 - 3GB G.Skill Sniper 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 2133 CL9 @ 1733... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
WD Blue 500GB WD Black 1.5TB Crucial M4 128GB (OS) LG ODD 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Deepcool Lucifer v2 Win7 Ultimate 64 bit Acer X223w (1050) LG 22EN33 (1080) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Sharkoon Tactix OCZ ModXstream Pro 700w Modular Corsair 300R CM Storm Xornet 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Steelseries Qck+ DOTA2 Edition Edifier e1100+  Sennheiser HD215 Plantronics Gamecom 307 
  hide details  
Reply
post #122 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingAlkaiser View Post

only thing i freaking hate and refuse to even continue to support its the retarded battlelog and forcing people to use origin.
but battlelog is the worth thing to happen to the entire game.

I guess hackers aren't the worst thing to happen to the game then..

Origin is no worse then requiring steam to play. Granted I have 15x more games on steam than origin, but it really is not that big of a deal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuell View Post

We either get companies that simply push out games just to have something launch, while we have others that won't release their games at all. We need balance frown.gif

People won't be happy no matter when things release. They always focus on the cons instead of the pros.

D3 is due to release on May 15, and I wish it had've been released about a year ago, even with bugs. I can almost guarentee people will still be crying about bugs when D3 goes live, no matter how miniscule they are. Some things my friends are already complaining about is they aren't releasing the PvP upon launch. You know what I say to them? Don't buy it till it does, but if you do buy it don't complain about it... Oh, and I can almost guarentee you they will buy it when it releases.

The Open beta of BF3 was so screwed up with tons of bugs, but you know what? It was still fun as hell to play because there hadn't been a GOOD multiplayer FPS release in almost a year.
post #123 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by akbisw View Post

STILL NOT A FINISHED GAME. PEOPLE SHOOT ME WITH MASS 100 feet away. I guess the US military should ditch the m16 altogether and run around with dirt all over the place. That way they could get osama right the US soil. Just point it to afgan and boom osama wouldve been dead. /s

Your argument is invalid. The bullet still travels and does not just stop, theres always a slight chance that it will hit you. It's the accuracy not the distance.
post #124 of 139
After they fix the bug with the M26 MASS/DART with the heavy barrel being applied to it when underslung, it should be alright more or less.
The Batcomputer
(25 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-7700K @ 5.0 GHz GIGABYTE Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7 LGA 1151 Intel... ASUS ROG GeForce GTX 1070 STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAM... G.SKILL Trident Z Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 3000MH... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 256GB SSD (Windows) SAMSUNG 850 PRO 128GB SATA III SSD (macOS) SAMSUNG 850 PRO 128GB SATA III SSD (Arch Linux) SAMSUNG 850 PRO 128GB SATA III SSD (Ubuntu) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Seagate Ironwolf 8TB NAS 7200 RPM 256MB Cache H... Seagate Ironwolf 8TB NAS 7200 RPM 256MB Cache H... Seagate Ironwolf 8TB NAS 7200 RPM 256MB Cache H... Swiftech H320-X2 Prestige AIO Water Cooling 
OSOSOSOS
Windows 10 Pro Creators Update 64-bit macOS 10.12.6 Sierra Arch Linux 64-bit Linux Mint 18.2 Sonya (Cinnamon) 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Pixio PX277 27" 2560x1440 144Hz FreeSync IPS WQ... Ducky Shine 5 RGB LED Backlit Mechanical Keyboa... EVGA Supernova 1200 P2 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certifi... Phanteks Enthoo Primo ATX Full Tower Computer C... 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Nixeus Revel Gaming Mouse SteelSeries QcK+ Gaming Mouse Pad Schiit Modi 2 Uber USB DAC Behringer MS40 Studio Monitors 
Other
APC BX1500M Uninterruptible Power Supply 
  hide details  
Reply
The Batcomputer
(25 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-7700K @ 5.0 GHz GIGABYTE Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7 LGA 1151 Intel... ASUS ROG GeForce GTX 1070 STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAM... G.SKILL Trident Z Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 3000MH... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 256GB SSD (Windows) SAMSUNG 850 PRO 128GB SATA III SSD (macOS) SAMSUNG 850 PRO 128GB SATA III SSD (Arch Linux) SAMSUNG 850 PRO 128GB SATA III SSD (Ubuntu) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Seagate Ironwolf 8TB NAS 7200 RPM 256MB Cache H... Seagate Ironwolf 8TB NAS 7200 RPM 256MB Cache H... Seagate Ironwolf 8TB NAS 7200 RPM 256MB Cache H... Swiftech H320-X2 Prestige AIO Water Cooling 
OSOSOSOS
Windows 10 Pro Creators Update 64-bit macOS 10.12.6 Sierra Arch Linux 64-bit Linux Mint 18.2 Sonya (Cinnamon) 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Pixio PX277 27" 2560x1440 144Hz FreeSync IPS WQ... Ducky Shine 5 RGB LED Backlit Mechanical Keyboa... EVGA Supernova 1200 P2 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certifi... Phanteks Enthoo Primo ATX Full Tower Computer C... 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Nixeus Revel Gaming Mouse SteelSeries QcK+ Gaming Mouse Pad Schiit Modi 2 Uber USB DAC Behringer MS40 Studio Monitors 
Other
APC BX1500M Uninterruptible Power Supply 
  hide details  
Reply
post #125 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Ninja View Post

Your argument is invalid. The bullet still travels and does not just stop, theres always a slight chance that it will hit you. It's the accuracy not the distance.

Did you really just say that?

Target audience right here folks........

In the word of Bach: "nailed it"
My System
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K MAXIMUS V FORMULA EVGA 780 Classified 2x4gbB Mushkin Radioactive 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston Hyper X SSD Samsung HD204UI Samsung HD753LJ Samsung HD753LJ 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 evo Heatkiller block-p.a. 120.3 rad Win 7 x64 Asus VE278 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech g15 Corsair TX850 Haf X G500 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K MAXIMUS V FORMULA EVGA 780 Classified 2x4gbB Mushkin Radioactive 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston Hyper X SSD Samsung HD204UI Samsung HD753LJ Samsung HD753LJ 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 evo Heatkiller block-p.a. 120.3 rad Win 7 x64 Asus VE278 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech g15 Corsair TX850 Haf X G500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #126 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonnac7 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanjaSMK View Post

Beyond that, there are several things that affect not only ME but EVERYONE playing the game. Getting stuck on 1" cardboard. Sidewalks. Invisible walls like in B2K. Dying by jumping into water. Dying from 2 foot drops without anyone suppressing and/or actually hitting you with gunfire. Taking random damage from a parachute landing even though you landed soft, correctly, and with a 'level' eye line (ie; not looking down or all the way 'up'). Jumping over things doesn't work properly, STILL, even AFTER THE PATCH where the MENTIONED THEY WOULD FIX IT. smile.gif
I swear you act like all of those things happen to you every game... Out of those things ONE might happen in 15 games. Are they disruptive to your gameplay? Yes. Will they kill the entire experience you have of BF3? I would hope not. If those happen to you every game then you should consider playing a different game.
But, they actually DO happen every game. Maybe not collectively, but at least one of those things happens every game. It doesn't ruin my experience, but you better believe it's extremely frustrating when you're trying to rush towards an MCOM to arm/defuse it and you get killed by a glitch. Jumping through windows is literally impossible to do in one try. Every 4-5 jumps requires a second jump (or more) to actually make it completely over what you were wanting to vault over. Every other time I parachute, I take damage (50hp or more) when I land - no, I wasn't shot. I've jumped down from the second floor of a building to take no damage, then hopped over a rail and died (no level change). Dying by jumping into the water, especially on Seine Crossing, is because you spread out right before hitting the water so you belly-flop into the water from about 10-12 meters up. And yes, getting caught on things that you should be easily able to step over is so annoying, and is present in every single map.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonnac7 View Post

I feel as though dice is doing an excellent job patching the game as well as maintaining it. Origin was a small bump in the road but now it is secondhand, Just like using steam to download and play a game. Battlelog, I disliked at first but it grew on me to be able to see stats of myself as well as other players I had just played with.
I agree with the sentiment about DICE. I never had a problem with Origin or Battlelog, because I'm not scared of change like others are (which seems to be the overwhelming cause for not liking both - because it's not Steam and because you don't actually launch a game)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonnac7 View Post

The main problem I have is them jumping on the DLC train for small expansions. Either bring out proper expansions I would have to buy in store or give them in free patches like games prior to CoD.
Welcome to see my battlelog as well in case you seem to disbelieve my experiences. Search for ic4nnon.
So because the expansions are just digital only, they don't really count as expansions? Basically what the arguments against episodic releases (like the SC2 campaigns, or the multiple map+weapon-packs for BF3, etc.) boils down to is people wanting (for some unknown reason) for everything to be released at once rather than piece by piece. If you'd rather buy it all at once, then by all means, nobody is stopping you from waiting until they are all released to then buy them all at the same time. It literally won't change anything from the way they're coming out. It's not like DICE decided to just hold back the other 3 map+weapon-packs they're releasing for the sake of having split releases...
post #127 of 139
WHOA wrong thread.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
INTEL ASUS XFX  SAMSUNG 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD/ST LG KUHLER WINDOWS 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG/SAMSUNG IBM MODEL M CORSAIR THERMALTAKE 
MouseMouse PadAudio
MS INTELLIMOUSE EXPLORER 3.0 REGULAR LARGE PAD ONBOARD but it USED TO BE A XONAR DG  
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
INTEL ASUS XFX  SAMSUNG 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD/ST LG KUHLER WINDOWS 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG/SAMSUNG IBM MODEL M CORSAIR THERMALTAKE 
MouseMouse PadAudio
MS INTELLIMOUSE EXPLORER 3.0 REGULAR LARGE PAD ONBOARD but it USED TO BE A XONAR DG  
  hide details  
Reply
post #128 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzleBoy View Post

All I know is, hardcore mode = teamwork mode.
I actually knew this since before the game actually released due to details released by DICE, but for some reason I completely forgot till a few days ago.
-The increased danger keeps people closer and medics/engis become your best friends due to no auto heal/repair.
-Suppression really works too. If people cant get a clear shot, they wont risk trying to stand in front of your fire to try and get a quick one in. This allows your team mates to move up feeling safer.
-Tanks gain god like strength, but are still vulnerable.
-No "shoot over here" 3D spot markers.
Hardcore-team deathmatch >>> Normal mode-conquest (imo). Simply because people slow down and stick together a lot more.
I don't know, it just seems like the tactical and teamwork elements of the game show themselves much more in hardcore games. Mostly because having the extra people around you makes much more of a difference.
I wish they didn't call it "hardcore" though. If anything, stat wise and gameplay wise, "hardcore" mode is actually closer to the traditional Battlefields than normal mode is.

I dunno, in hardcore mode some vehicles like jets are just plain useless as there is no spot, its very hard to do a rocket run on a tank when you cant see it.
Redbox
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @4.5ghz Asus P8P67 GTX 970 Strix 12GB Gskill Ripjaws ddr3 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial M500 Caviar Black 1TB Western Digital 500G DVD multirecorder 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7 Professional 64bit edition Antec Truepower 650 watt HAF 932 Black Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
Redbox
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @4.5ghz Asus P8P67 GTX 970 Strix 12GB Gskill Ripjaws ddr3 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial M500 Caviar Black 1TB Western Digital 500G DVD multirecorder 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7 Professional 64bit edition Antec Truepower 650 watt HAF 932 Black Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
post #129 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saizer View Post

Of course you can't win. PC Community is complicated as it's own.
Stop bothering about the PC market. Concentrate on the consoles, console guys get happy and satisfied very easily (which I admire a lot). I get impressed very easily too.
PC community is not about the game, it's all about the graphics of the game. You know that!
Odd that the most successful PC developer (in term of money earned), Blizzard, never made a game with technically good graphic. To them it is always about gameplay.
post #130 of 139
What about thousands of ppl being stuck at loading screen every 2/3 maps played... ? This annoys the hell out of me...
Before the patch it happened once every 10 - 15 maps, now its just way too often...mad.gif
Old Crap
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Gigbyte EP45-UD3P  ATI Radeon HD 4830 OCZ Fatality 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
OCZ  WD Caviar Black NEC DVD-RW ND-3550A ZEROtherm Nirvana NV 120 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 Home Prem 64 Samsung T220 (22") Logitech G11  PC Power&Cooling 750W Silencer 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Rocketfish Aluminum Full Tower  Logitech G9 SteelPad 5L Logitech X-530 
  hide details  
Reply
Old Crap
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Gigbyte EP45-UD3P  ATI Radeon HD 4830 OCZ Fatality 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
OCZ  WD Caviar Black NEC DVD-RW ND-3550A ZEROtherm Nirvana NV 120 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 Home Prem 64 Samsung T220 (22") Logitech G11  PC Power&Cooling 750W Silencer 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Rocketfish Aluminum Full Tower  Logitech G9 SteelPad 5L Logitech X-530 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [mp1st]Is Battlefield 3 Finally The Game It Was Meant To Be? DICE Admits, “We Can’t Win”