Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › SLI 2 GTX460's 192bit and 256bit?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

SLI 2 GTX460's 192bit and 256bit? - Page 2

post #11 of 16
Thread Starter 
Alright, that settles it then. I'll send back the 192bit and hang on to the 256bit.

Thanks for the input! thumb.gif
Supa Troopa
(19 items)
 
FTP/Media Server
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2700K 4.6Ghz @ 1.33v Asrock Z77 Extreme4 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 SLI G.SKILL Ripjaws 2x4GB 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital Green 1TB Samsung 830 128GB LG Blu-Ray Burner Noctua NH-D14 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 64bit Home Premium Asus 24" LED VE248H Acer 22" Logitech G11 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Cooler Master Silent Pro 1000w Cooler Master Storm Trooper Logitech MX 518 Razer Mantis Speed 
AudioAudioAudio
Asus Xonar DG Klipsch Pro Media 2.1 Superflux HD 668B 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 EP43-UD3L EVGA GTX 460 Nanya 2x1Gb 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
G.Skill 2x2Gb WD Green 1TB Hitachi 2TB Lite-On Blu-Ray Burner 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Antec Khuler 620 Windows Vista Home 64 Thermaltake Toughpower 700w Rosewill Thor V2 
  hide details  
Reply
Supa Troopa
(19 items)
 
FTP/Media Server
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2700K 4.6Ghz @ 1.33v Asrock Z77 Extreme4 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 SLI G.SKILL Ripjaws 2x4GB 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital Green 1TB Samsung 830 128GB LG Blu-Ray Burner Noctua NH-D14 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 64bit Home Premium Asus 24" LED VE248H Acer 22" Logitech G11 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Cooler Master Silent Pro 1000w Cooler Master Storm Trooper Logitech MX 518 Razer Mantis Speed 
AudioAudioAudio
Asus Xonar DG Klipsch Pro Media 2.1 Superflux HD 668B 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 EP43-UD3L EVGA GTX 460 Nanya 2x1Gb 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
G.Skill 2x2Gb WD Green 1TB Hitachi 2TB Lite-On Blu-Ray Burner 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Antec Khuler 620 Windows Vista Home 64 Thermaltake Toughpower 700w Rosewill Thor V2 
  hide details  
Reply

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #12 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycste View Post

Hey man I have a GTX 460 FPB which is totally rocking its 256bit and I would only recommend those because its more future proof. Testing has shown that your $130 card in SLI (1gb 256bit models) is faster then a GTX 580 which up till this past month was 500 Bucks.
So do the math and tell me if 130x2 =500 smile.gif give or take
FYI - a 460 will play any game at good or maxed settings I play BF3 at High settings at 1900-1200 monitor no problems with a I5 2500k system.
SLI them and I can play any game at max resolution with my monitor. the key is which monitor you use and what games you need to play at ULTRA settings.
Lastly, I am hoping the 660 comes out around 200-250 and will be under 200 in a year and grabbing 1-2 of those would be ideal in SLI and destroy a 680 smile.gif


My cards cannot run Bf3 maxed out sure I can put it on ultra but once the AA gets turned up the screen gets blotchy and doesn't run very smooth. But with most settings on ultra and AA off I can usually run it at a constant 60 fraps. just not completely maxed out even at only 1080p. and yes my cards are OC'd

to OP you cannot sli those to cars together they need to be the same type meaning they both need to be the 1gb version or the 768s go for the 1gb sli they are pretty solid
The Shogun
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k ASRock P67 Extreme 4 Gen 3 AMD SAPPHIRE 290X 8 GB Gskill Sniper 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 64 GB/ Seagate 1TB corsair H50 Windows 7 Ult. Yamakasi Catleap 27" 2560 x 1440p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Corsair TX 750 v2 Rosewell Challenger Logitech G500 
Audio
Logitech Z313 
  hide details  
Reply
The Shogun
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k ASRock P67 Extreme 4 Gen 3 AMD SAPPHIRE 290X 8 GB Gskill Sniper 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 64 GB/ Seagate 1TB corsair H50 Windows 7 Ult. Yamakasi Catleap 27" 2560 x 1440p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Corsair TX 750 v2 Rosewell Challenger Logitech G500 
Audio
Logitech Z313 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattbag View Post

My cards cannot run Bf3 maxed out sure I can put it on ultra but once the AA gets turned up the screen gets blotchy and doesn't run very smooth. But with most settings on ultra and AA off I can usually run it at a constant 60 fraps. just not completely maxed out even at only 1080p. and yes my cards are OC'd
to OP you cannot sli those to cars together they need to be the same type meaning they both need to be the 1gb version or the 768s go for the 1gb sli they are pretty solid

i dont know much or anything about monitors and resolutions and what 1080p really means all i know is i play bf3 on default settings which autoamatically put everything on HIGH and i am fine and happy with that on one card. with 2 cards SLIed i would hope you can play with everything on ultra because my buddy with his 570 can and 2x460s technically are stronger then a 580 right but are limited eventually by their shared ram or lack there of etc.
post #14 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycste View Post

i dont know much or anything about monitors and resolutions and what 1080p really means all i know is i play bf3 on default settings which autoamatically put everything on HIGH and i am fine and happy with that on one card. with 2 cards SLIed i would hope you can play with everything on ultra because my buddy with his 570 can and 2x460s technically are stronger then a 580 right but are limited eventually by their shared ram or lack there of etc.

Okay so youre saying you dont actually own a 460 sli setup, youre just assuming and using the auto settings to base whether or not the cards would perform on ultra? Sli 460s cannot max out bf3 at 1080p and maintain a constant 60 fraps the vram limits it as soon at you turn up the AA and when theres a lot of action going on the frams will dip, i know from expirence although it runs great with most settings on high and some ultra its not going to max it.
The Shogun
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k ASRock P67 Extreme 4 Gen 3 AMD SAPPHIRE 290X 8 GB Gskill Sniper 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 64 GB/ Seagate 1TB corsair H50 Windows 7 Ult. Yamakasi Catleap 27" 2560 x 1440p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Corsair TX 750 v2 Rosewell Challenger Logitech G500 
Audio
Logitech Z313 
  hide details  
Reply
The Shogun
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k ASRock P67 Extreme 4 Gen 3 AMD SAPPHIRE 290X 8 GB Gskill Sniper 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 64 GB/ Seagate 1TB corsair H50 Windows 7 Ult. Yamakasi Catleap 27" 2560 x 1440p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Corsair TX 750 v2 Rosewell Challenger Logitech G500 
Audio
Logitech Z313 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattbag View Post

Okay so youre saying you dont actually own a 460 sli setup, youre just assuming and using the auto settings to base whether or not the cards would perform on ultra? Sli 460s cannot max out bf3 at 1080p and maintain a constant 60 fraps the vram limits it as soon at you turn up the AA and when theres a lot of action going on the frams will dip, i know from expirence although it runs great with most settings on high and some ultra its not going to max it.

wow well i did not know this, i assume the same goes for any game then? i have only seen benchmarks so yes i dont own SLI setup atm just 1 good gtx 460 FPB video card.
post #16 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycste View Post

wow well i did not know this, i assume the same goes for any game then? i have only seen benchmarks so yes i dont own SLI setup atm just 1 good gtx 460 FPB video card.

Yeah the 460's are great most games ran fine with only 1, and since I only game at 1080 having the 460's in sli is plenty of juice to run most games. I always consider games to be maxed out when they are run on ultra at a steady 60 fraps, these cards do struggle a little with games like metro 2033, total war 2 and even crysis 1 once the AA goes up but I believe that is due to the vram limitation. I think any current pc owner would be more then satisfied with 460's in sli but once you start going beyond 1080 and turning on the AA you'll see the weaknesses in these cards.
The Shogun
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k ASRock P67 Extreme 4 Gen 3 AMD SAPPHIRE 290X 8 GB Gskill Sniper 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 64 GB/ Seagate 1TB corsair H50 Windows 7 Ult. Yamakasi Catleap 27" 2560 x 1440p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Corsair TX 750 v2 Rosewell Challenger Logitech G500 
Audio
Logitech Z313 
  hide details  
Reply
The Shogun
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k ASRock P67 Extreme 4 Gen 3 AMD SAPPHIRE 290X 8 GB Gskill Sniper 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 64 GB/ Seagate 1TB corsair H50 Windows 7 Ult. Yamakasi Catleap 27" 2560 x 1440p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Corsair TX 750 v2 Rosewell Challenger Logitech G500 
Audio
Logitech Z313 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › SLI 2 GTX460's 192bit and 256bit?