Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [Official] MSI Z77A Owners/Discussion/Information/Support Thread and Club (GD65, GD55, G45, ...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] MSI Z77A Owners/Discussion/Information/Support Thread and Club (GD65, GD55, G45, ...) - Page 67

post #661 of 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noway77 View Post

Ye pretty much 75% is the sweet spot for vdroop in that motherboard, you should worry about getting 1.165V, there's nothing wrong with 4.3Ghz = 1.170V.

yeah, but it gives slightly better temp, well thanks btw, much appreciated.
Shion
(19 items)
 
Faithful One
(10 items)
 
Office Rig
(8 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770 MSI Z77A-G45 Thunderbolt GV-N78TOC-3GD Corsair CML8GX3M2A1600C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Seagate ST500DM002-1BD142 Maxtor STM380815AS WD Blue WD10EZEX WD Green WD30EZRX 
Optical DriveCoolingOSOS
ASUS DRW-24D3ST Thermalright True Spirit 120 Windows 7 Professional SP1 x64 Windows 8.1 Pro x64 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
BenQ FP71G+S LG 32LN5400 FHDTV Logitech K200 Enermax NAXN ENP-650AWT 
CaseMouseAudio
CM HAF-XB EVO Logitech B100 Logitech Z103 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
E5700 E2160 ASRock G31-MS Palit GT 220 
RAMOptical DriveCoolingOS
Deam DDR2 400  Samsung OEM DRW FOXCONN Win 7 Ultimate 32 
PowerCase
Generic 450W PSU Generic Budget Case 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
i3 3220 Dell Inc 042P49 Kingston KVT8FP-HYC Seagate Barracuda ST500DM002-1BD142 
OSMonitorKeyboardMouse
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional x64 LG Flatron L1742SE Dell SK-8115 Dell MS 111-L 
  hide details  
Reply
Shion
(19 items)
 
Faithful One
(10 items)
 
Office Rig
(8 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770 MSI Z77A-G45 Thunderbolt GV-N78TOC-3GD Corsair CML8GX3M2A1600C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Seagate ST500DM002-1BD142 Maxtor STM380815AS WD Blue WD10EZEX WD Green WD30EZRX 
Optical DriveCoolingOSOS
ASUS DRW-24D3ST Thermalright True Spirit 120 Windows 7 Professional SP1 x64 Windows 8.1 Pro x64 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
BenQ FP71G+S LG 32LN5400 FHDTV Logitech K200 Enermax NAXN ENP-650AWT 
CaseMouseAudio
CM HAF-XB EVO Logitech B100 Logitech Z103 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
E5700 E2160 ASRock G31-MS Palit GT 220 
RAMOptical DriveCoolingOS
Deam DDR2 400  Samsung OEM DRW FOXCONN Win 7 Ultimate 32 
PowerCase
Generic 450W PSU Generic Budget Case 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
i3 3220 Dell Inc 042P49 Kingston KVT8FP-HYC Seagate Barracuda ST500DM002-1BD142 
OSMonitorKeyboardMouse
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional x64 LG Flatron L1742SE Dell SK-8115 Dell MS 111-L 
  hide details  
Reply
post #662 of 670
Hi everyone, i'm happy to see a subject about MSI motherboard, i have a problem of boot time due to my bios.

My configuration;
-SSD with windows seven ( first boot device)
-8GO of ram
-I5 3570
-others HDD ( 3To & 1To)
-Motherboard ( MSI Z77A-G43) is set with: Intel rapide start technology , and UEFI+Legacy.


Here is my problem:

My computer total boot time ( BIOS + Windows boot) is 28 secondes booting windows seven on a SSD 120 Go
The boot of the "Bios" is : 23 seconde
The boot of windows ( Flag of windows to desktop) is only 5 or 6 secondes.

Then i'm thinking the ssd works great, but i don't understand why the BIOS is so long to boot ??


Yeah because i'm almost sure the bios is not optimized, but i don't understand how to have a fast boot ( 8 / 15 secondes) like windows 8 like a windows 8 boot time on a ssd.


I'm currently using the uefi + legacy bios, does it can be the problem of my "long" boot time ?

I'm open to suggestion and others things to do.


Sorry about my poor english, and thanks for any help wink.gif
post #663 of 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abascada View Post

Hi everyone, i'm happy to see a subject about MSI motherboard, i have a problem of boot time due to my bios.

My configuration;
-SSD with windows seven ( first boot device)
-8GO of ram
-I5 3570
-others HDD ( 3To & 1To)
-Motherboard ( MSI Z77A-G43) is set with: Intel rapide start technology , and UEFI+Legacy.


Here is my problem:

My computer total boot time ( BIOS + Windows boot) is 28 secondes booting windows seven on a SSD 120 Go
The boot of the "Bios" is : 23 seconde
The boot of windows ( Flag of windows to desktop) is only 5 or 6 secondes.

Then i'm thinking the ssd works great, but i don't understand why the BIOS is so long to boot ??


Yeah because i'm almost sure the bios is not optimized, but i don't understand how to have a fast boot ( 8 / 15 secondes) like windows 8 like a windows 8 boot time on a ssd.


I'm currently using the uefi + legacy bios, does it can be the problem of my "long" boot time ?

I'm open to suggestion and others things to do.


Sorry about my poor english, and thanks for any help wink.gif

Great english by the way.

I am not sure if the 'display logo on boot' option has anything to do with how long it takes, but try disabling that.

I have a gd65 and it boots windows in about 15 sec from the bios beep.
post #664 of 670
any one with a g43 ?? i need help with oc:thumb:
post #665 of 670
Got myself some 2400mhz RAM (G.Skill TridentXF3-2400C9Q-16GTXD), but my Z77A-GD55 only allows me to go up to 2133. Is there a way to set it to 2400? Running a 2600k@4300 with turbo overclock.

EDIT: I'll answer myself, Sandy Bridge does not support higher than 2133 multiplier: http://www.overclock.net/t/1508022/can-i7-2600k-utilize-2400-mhz-ram/0_50#post_22720595
Edited by r0l4n - 2/21/15 at 3:58am
post #666 of 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0l4n View Post

Got myself some 2400mhz RAM (G.Skill TridentXF3-2400C9Q-16GTXD), but my Z77A-GD55 only allows me to go up to 2133. Is there a way to set it to 2400? Running a 2600k@4300 with turbo overclock.

EDIT: I'll answer myself, Sandy Bridge does not support higher than 2133 multiplier: http://www.overclock.net/t/1508022/can-i7-2600k-utilize-2400-mhz-ram/0_50#post_22720595

man i hafe a G43 board ... and i got my Ares running at 2400 ... did you enabled XMP Profile on BIOS under the overclocking tab ??
post #667 of 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agiel View Post

man i hafe a G43 board ... and i got my Ares running at 2400 ... did you enabled XMP Profile on BIOS under the overclocking tab ??

Yes, I have. You've got an Ivy Bridge, that's why it allows you to select 2400.
post #668 of 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0l4n View Post

Yes, I have. You've got an Ivy Bridge, that's why it allows you to select 2400.

oh sorry i did't look at your Sys Specs ... but i did't know that 3er Gen CPU allow XMP ... i though it was for all the CPU's ... craps ... and my board is worsth than your atleast in BIOS settings G43 is very limited in that. mad.gif
post #669 of 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agiel View Post

oh sorry i did't look at your Sys Specs ... but i did't know that 3er Gen CPU allow XMP ... i though it was for all the CPU's ... craps ... and my board is worsth than your atleast in BIOS settings G43 is very limited in that. mad.gif

It's actually the mem multiplier that's limiting (max. 2133), XMP is supported.
post #670 of 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0l4n View Post

It's actually the mem multiplier that's limiting (max. 2133), XMP is supported.

maybe it has something to do with "SB" IMC i thing it's limited by 2133mhz ...IB dont has that limitation i think ...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [Official] MSI Z77A Owners/Discussion/Information/Support Thread and Club (GD65, GD55, G45, ...)