Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › Arma 2 Dayz Mod: Zombie Survival Simulation.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Arma 2 Dayz Mod: Zombie Survival Simulation. - Page 109

post #1081 of 4265
Please stay on topic, there are other threads to discuss download speeds smile.gif
TudjBox.
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k Asus P8Z68V Gen3 PRO Sapphire Radeon HD7970 Corsair Vengeance 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
OCZ Vertex II Samsung F3 1TB Sony DVD-RW Thermalright Silver Arrow 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 x64 iiyama ProLite 24" 16:9 Filco Ninja Majestouch-2 Corsair HX620 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Antec P182 G5 SteelSeries Cambridge Audio DAC Magic 
  hide details  
Reply
TudjBox.
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k Asus P8Z68V Gen3 PRO Sapphire Radeon HD7970 Corsair Vengeance 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
OCZ Vertex II Samsung F3 1TB Sony DVD-RW Thermalright Silver Arrow 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 x64 iiyama ProLite 24" 16:9 Filco Ninja Majestouch-2 Corsair HX620 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Antec P182 G5 SteelSeries Cambridge Audio DAC Magic 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1082 of 4265
Quote:
Originally Posted by TUDJ View Post

Please stay on topic, there are other threads to discuss download speeds smile.gif

It's been taken to PMs.

So a question - would you prefer DayZ to run off Arma 3 or standalone?
My Rig
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2700K 3.5GHz Sabertooth Z77 Gigabyte 780 Ti Corsair Vengeance 4 x 4GB RAM 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Cavier GP 2TB internal hdd LG GH22NS70 DVD writer Zalman CNPS9900 MAX CPU Cooler Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung S23A350H monitor CM Storm QuickFire TK Corsair RM 850 NZXT Switch 810 Matte Black 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
SteelSeries Sensei MLG Edtion Razer Goliathus Speed Edition Alesis M1 MKII Active Monitors Sennheiser HD 215 
AudioAudio
Shure SRH 240 Roland UA-55 Quad Capture  
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2700K 3.5GHz Sabertooth Z77 Gigabyte 780 Ti Corsair Vengeance 4 x 4GB RAM 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Cavier GP 2TB internal hdd LG GH22NS70 DVD writer Zalman CNPS9900 MAX CPU Cooler Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung S23A350H monitor CM Storm QuickFire TK Corsair RM 850 NZXT Switch 810 Matte Black 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
SteelSeries Sensei MLG Edtion Razer Goliathus Speed Edition Alesis M1 MKII Active Monitors Sennheiser HD 215 
AudioAudio
Shure SRH 240 Roland UA-55 Quad Capture  
  hide details  
Reply
post #1083 of 4265
You're not going to find another Engine capable of supporting such a large scale. That means they'd need to build one from the ground up but why bother when Arma2/3 already does a decent job?

Arma 3 is supposed to be a lot smoother in terms of gameplay than Arma 2, check some of the E3 videos to see it in action.
TudjBox.
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k Asus P8Z68V Gen3 PRO Sapphire Radeon HD7970 Corsair Vengeance 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
OCZ Vertex II Samsung F3 1TB Sony DVD-RW Thermalright Silver Arrow 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 x64 iiyama ProLite 24" 16:9 Filco Ninja Majestouch-2 Corsair HX620 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Antec P182 G5 SteelSeries Cambridge Audio DAC Magic 
  hide details  
Reply
TudjBox.
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k Asus P8Z68V Gen3 PRO Sapphire Radeon HD7970 Corsair Vengeance 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
OCZ Vertex II Samsung F3 1TB Sony DVD-RW Thermalright Silver Arrow 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 x64 iiyama ProLite 24" 16:9 Filco Ninja Majestouch-2 Corsair HX620 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Antec P182 G5 SteelSeries Cambridge Audio DAC Magic 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1084 of 4265
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckKnuckle View Post

So a question - would you prefer DayZ to run off Arma 3 or standalone?

Obviously DayZ on Arma 3 would be sweet! How exactly could they have it standalone, how do you mean that?
post #1085 of 4265
Quote:
Originally Posted by ET900 View Post

Obviously DayZ on Arma 3 would be sweet! How exactly could they have it standalone, how do you mean that?

Running on it's own engine. Rocket said it was something to consider, but TUDJ is right, it'll be too time consuming considering it already runs fine. We gamers just need everything too perfect.
My Rig
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2700K 3.5GHz Sabertooth Z77 Gigabyte 780 Ti Corsair Vengeance 4 x 4GB RAM 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Cavier GP 2TB internal hdd LG GH22NS70 DVD writer Zalman CNPS9900 MAX CPU Cooler Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung S23A350H monitor CM Storm QuickFire TK Corsair RM 850 NZXT Switch 810 Matte Black 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
SteelSeries Sensei MLG Edtion Razer Goliathus Speed Edition Alesis M1 MKII Active Monitors Sennheiser HD 215 
AudioAudio
Shure SRH 240 Roland UA-55 Quad Capture  
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2700K 3.5GHz Sabertooth Z77 Gigabyte 780 Ti Corsair Vengeance 4 x 4GB RAM 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Cavier GP 2TB internal hdd LG GH22NS70 DVD writer Zalman CNPS9900 MAX CPU Cooler Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung S23A350H monitor CM Storm QuickFire TK Corsair RM 850 NZXT Switch 810 Matte Black 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
SteelSeries Sensei MLG Edtion Razer Goliathus Speed Edition Alesis M1 MKII Active Monitors Sennheiser HD 215 
AudioAudio
Shure SRH 240 Roland UA-55 Quad Capture  
  hide details  
Reply
post #1086 of 4265
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckKnuckle View Post

Running on it's own engine. Rocket said it was something to consider, but TUDJ is right, it'll be too time consuming considering it already runs fine. We gamers just need everything too perfect.

Man that would take some work unless they just used another existing game engine. I doubt that'll happen without serious funding. Is this guy making money off this mod somehow? I heard that Bohemia Interactive were helping him out in some way because sales of Arma 2 have risen, or "Sky Rocketed" you could say due to people wanting to play DayZ...
post #1087 of 4265
Quote:
Originally Posted by ET900 View Post

Man that would take some work unless they just used another existing game engine. I doubt that'll happen without serious funding. Is this guy making money off this mod somehow? I heard that Bohemia Interactive were helping him out in some way because sales of Arma 2 have risen, or "Sky Rocketed" you could say due to people wanting to play DayZ...

Dean 'Rocket' Hall is a multiplayer designer for Arma III.

He works for Bohemia. I don't have a problem with this, but some morons do, they think he's not acting in the interest of the people.

Honestly I don't really care because Rocket has said from the get-go he doesn't care what anyone thinks about the game, he has his own ideas of where the game needs to go. We need more people like this in the game industry.
Workstation #1
(17 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X Asus ROG Crosshair VI Gigabyte GTX 1080 Crucial Ballistix Sport 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial MX300 1TB M.2 SSD Hitachi 2TB Sata 3.0 HDD Crucial MX300 1TB 2.5" SSD WD Caviar Black 4TB HDD 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsiair H110i Windows 10 Pro x64 3x Dell U2717D 2560x1440 monitors Coolermaster Masterkeys TKL 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair CX750M Corsair 600C Logitech G900 Corsair MM200 XL 
Audio
Onboard 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-3540M Dell Latitude E6430 Intel HD4000 6GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
128GB Samsung 841 SSD DVD-ROM drive Stock Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
1600x900 Latitude E6430 screen Das Keyboard Model S Professional Stock Dell Latitude D6430 Chassis 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Steelseries Kinzu V2 Pro None Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
Workstation #1
(17 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X Asus ROG Crosshair VI Gigabyte GTX 1080 Crucial Ballistix Sport 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial MX300 1TB M.2 SSD Hitachi 2TB Sata 3.0 HDD Crucial MX300 1TB 2.5" SSD WD Caviar Black 4TB HDD 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsiair H110i Windows 10 Pro x64 3x Dell U2717D 2560x1440 monitors Coolermaster Masterkeys TKL 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair CX750M Corsair 600C Logitech G900 Corsair MM200 XL 
Audio
Onboard 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-3540M Dell Latitude E6430 Intel HD4000 6GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
128GB Samsung 841 SSD DVD-ROM drive Stock Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
1600x900 Latitude E6430 screen Das Keyboard Model S Professional Stock Dell Latitude D6430 Chassis 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Steelseries Kinzu V2 Pro None Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1088 of 4265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch13f121 View Post

Dean 'Rocket' Hall is a multiplayer designer for Arma III.
He works for Bohemia. I don't have a problem with this, but some morons do, they think he's not acting in the interest of the people.
Honestly I don't really care because Rocket has said from the get-go he doesn't care what anyone thinks about the game, he has his own ideas of where the game needs to go. We need more people like this in the game industry.

Oh I see. The mod seems pretty basic considering this guy actually works for them. I guess it's tough if he's doing all the work on his own though. It is good when devs listen to what people want, but I'm also sick of seeing games dumbed down because of the dumb masses. I'm sorta worried about it happening to Battlefield. If Arma goes down then we have nothing haha :/ It's cool this guy wants to do his own thing with the game though. It's not like he's charging us for it...
post #1089 of 4265
Quote:
Originally Posted by ET900 View Post

Oh I see. The mod seems pretty basic considering this guy actually works for them. I guess it's tough if he's doing all the work on his own though. It is good when devs listen to what people want, but I'm also sick of seeing games dumbed down because of the dumb masses. I'm sorta worried about it happening to Battlefield. If Arma goes down then we have nothing haha :/ It's cool this guy wants to do his own thing with the game though. It's not like he's charging us for it...

Bold - It already did :/

It's not basic at all, the idea might seem basic but the mod itself isn't. The backend database hives etc, the fact that you can have a persistent character across any server is not basic or easy to implement. Keeping track of thousands of players, maybe tens of thousands and their location, items and stats is not a simple feat.

As for not charging us, this game is still alpha, it's not even reached beta yet. I'm almost certain the completed mod will be released with Arma 3 for a fee (which I'll very happily pay).
TudjBox.
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k Asus P8Z68V Gen3 PRO Sapphire Radeon HD7970 Corsair Vengeance 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
OCZ Vertex II Samsung F3 1TB Sony DVD-RW Thermalright Silver Arrow 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 x64 iiyama ProLite 24" 16:9 Filco Ninja Majestouch-2 Corsair HX620 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Antec P182 G5 SteelSeries Cambridge Audio DAC Magic 
  hide details  
Reply
TudjBox.
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k Asus P8Z68V Gen3 PRO Sapphire Radeon HD7970 Corsair Vengeance 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
OCZ Vertex II Samsung F3 1TB Sony DVD-RW Thermalright Silver Arrow 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 x64 iiyama ProLite 24" 16:9 Filco Ninja Majestouch-2 Corsair HX620 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Antec P182 G5 SteelSeries Cambridge Audio DAC Magic 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1090 of 4265
Quote:
Originally Posted by TUDJ View Post

Bold - It already did :/
It's not basic at all, the idea might seem basic but the mod itself isn't. The backend database hives etc, the fact that you can have a persistent character across any server is not basic or easy to implement. Keeping track of thousands of players, maybe tens of thousands and their location, items and stats is not a simple feat.
As for not charging us, this game is still alpha, it's not even reached beta yet. I'm almost certain the completed mod will be released with Arma 3 for a fee (which I'll very happily pay).

Personally I think BF3 is the best in the series so far. Before that it was BF2, or 2142 if you like the futuristic thing. Anyways - back on topic tongue.gif I'm with you on what you're saying but the mod does seem a bit sketchy in ways. I guess it's no more sketchy than the Arma 2 engine though so it's mostly down to that. If this turns out as a real good mod and it's playable on Arma 3 I would pay for it to. I'm sure a lot of people would!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › Arma 2 Dayz Mod: Zombie Survival Simulation.