Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › Arma 2 Dayz Mod: Zombie Survival Simulation.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Arma 2 Dayz Mod: Zombie Survival Simulation. - Page 243

post #2421 of 4253
Bah...

The chopper is back at the respawn island. sad-smiley-002.gif

Seriously, this is such a pain. frown.gif
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3770k ASUS p8z68-vpro/gen3 Gigabyte 7950 3gb Gigabyte 7950 3gb 
RAMRAMHard DriveCooling
GSkill Ripjaws X 8gb 2133mhz G skill Ripjaws X 8gb 2133mhz Crucial M4 512gb ssd Corsair H100i 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Auria 1440P 27" IPS Ducky OCN Cherry MX blue Silverstone 1000w NZXT switch 810 
Audio
ASUS xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3770k ASUS p8z68-vpro/gen3 Gigabyte 7950 3gb Gigabyte 7950 3gb 
RAMRAMHard DriveCooling
GSkill Ripjaws X 8gb 2133mhz G skill Ripjaws X 8gb 2133mhz Crucial M4 512gb ssd Corsair H100i 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Auria 1440P 27" IPS Ducky OCN Cherry MX blue Silverstone 1000w NZXT switch 810 
Audio
ASUS xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2422 of 4253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagelund View Post

When do you guys plan on playing?
And what do you plan on doing, start over or just meet up and do random stuff?

I'll be back home and in game in an hour or 2. I believe I was killed yesterday so I will be fresh spawn. Not sure about you guys.
post #2423 of 4253
if you guys need rides, you can join my server and i'll fly you around to get your parts this weekend...
post #2424 of 4253
Quote:
Originally Posted by MunneY View Post

if you guys need rides, you can join my server and i'll fly you around to get your parts this weekend...

Yea sure, you will give us 'rides'. Rape chopper inbound. biggrin.gif

Or,

Yea sure, we want 'rides'. No more chopper tongue.gif
Gaming Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i7-3930K ASUS Sabertooth X79 MSI GTX 580 Lightning Extreme Edition MSI GTX 580 Lightning Extreme Edition 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
Corsair Vengeance Corsair SSD Koolance CPU-370 Koolance Asus Sabertooth X79 Waterblocks 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
2xBitspower GPU Waterblocks RX480 RS120 Windows 7 Ultimate 
PowerCase
Corsair AX1200W Silverstone TJ11 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i7-3930K ASUS Sabertooth X79 MSI GTX 580 Lightning Extreme Edition MSI GTX 580 Lightning Extreme Edition 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
Corsair Vengeance Corsair SSD Koolance CPU-370 Koolance Asus Sabertooth X79 Waterblocks 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
2xBitspower GPU Waterblocks RX480 RS120 Windows 7 Ultimate 
PowerCase
Corsair AX1200W Silverstone TJ11 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2425 of 4253
Quote:
Originally Posted by MunneY View Post

if you guys need rides, you can join my server and i'll fly you around to get your parts this weekend...

We would really appreciate that. wubsmiley.gif
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3770k ASUS p8z68-vpro/gen3 Gigabyte 7950 3gb Gigabyte 7950 3gb 
RAMRAMHard DriveCooling
GSkill Ripjaws X 8gb 2133mhz G skill Ripjaws X 8gb 2133mhz Crucial M4 512gb ssd Corsair H100i 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Auria 1440P 27" IPS Ducky OCN Cherry MX blue Silverstone 1000w NZXT switch 810 
Audio
ASUS xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3770k ASUS p8z68-vpro/gen3 Gigabyte 7950 3gb Gigabyte 7950 3gb 
RAMRAMHard DriveCooling
GSkill Ripjaws X 8gb 2133mhz G skill Ripjaws X 8gb 2133mhz Crucial M4 512gb ssd Corsair H100i 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Auria 1440P 27" IPS Ducky OCN Cherry MX blue Silverstone 1000w NZXT switch 810 
Audio
ASUS xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2426 of 4253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagelund View Post

Yea sure, you will give us 'rides'. Rape chopper inbound. biggrin.gif
Or,
Yea sure, we want 'rides'. No more chopper tongue.gif

That was supposed to have been a quote to kcuestag...

kcuestag... I'll shoot you a PM tomorrow
post #2427 of 4253
Quote:
Originally Posted by MunneY View Post

That was supposed to have been a quote to kcuestag...
kcuestag... I'll shoot you a PM tomorrow

Thank you! smile.gif
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3770k ASUS p8z68-vpro/gen3 Gigabyte 7950 3gb Gigabyte 7950 3gb 
RAMRAMHard DriveCooling
GSkill Ripjaws X 8gb 2133mhz G skill Ripjaws X 8gb 2133mhz Crucial M4 512gb ssd Corsair H100i 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Auria 1440P 27" IPS Ducky OCN Cherry MX blue Silverstone 1000w NZXT switch 810 
Audio
ASUS xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3770k ASUS p8z68-vpro/gen3 Gigabyte 7950 3gb Gigabyte 7950 3gb 
RAMRAMHard DriveCooling
GSkill Ripjaws X 8gb 2133mhz G skill Ripjaws X 8gb 2133mhz Crucial M4 512gb ssd Corsair H100i 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Auria 1440P 27" IPS Ducky OCN Cherry MX blue Silverstone 1000w NZXT switch 810 
Audio
ASUS xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2428 of 4253
So I've been playing this mod for a few weeks now (almost 3), and I have to say, its really good. The mechanics are solid, the gameplay is good, and the technical back-end is fairly solid. However, im quitting for one reason, and one reason only:

The doors. They kill you.

This is the fourth time its happened. I'll spend a few hours getting gear, playing for a few days - hey, I even found a truck this time - , and I'll get to NWAF. I'll head to the barracks to try and get some of that 'awesome' gear. I'll hit "open door", the door will open, it touches me, breaks my legs, starts making me bleeding, and then kills me, all within a second or two.

I bug-reported this, and there's been no change. Yes, some people have said 'this is an Arma bug'. That's cool, but its not cool when dying to a door causes you to loose lots and lots of gear, with no way of getting it back. And im sure its easily fixable - just give the doors a no-clip property. The zombies already have this (somehow).

I'm fine with vehicles breaking easily, im fine with people sniping - all of that is part of the game. I like how the game is hard, and how its got 'perma-death' for characters. It makes the game fun, exciting, and challenging. Its all cool. However, its not OK when you get killed by stuff that makes no sense. Getting killed by doors is insane.



I'll come back when its fixed, or I might even play a bit every now and then with friends. However, I dont see the point of continuing when the most trivial stuff will kill me.
Base2
(21 items)
 
Edi
(13 items)
 
Zenbook
(7 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core i7 740QM GTX 460m 2x 4gb DDR3 OCZ Agility 3 
OSMonitor
Windows 7 x64 15.1" (1920x1080) 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core i3 2367M Intel HD 3000 4GB DDR3 Hitachi HDD 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
SanDisk SSD Windows 7 Home Premium x64 13.3" 1366x768 
  hide details  
Reply
Base2
(21 items)
 
Edi
(13 items)
 
Zenbook
(7 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core i7 740QM GTX 460m 2x 4gb DDR3 OCZ Agility 3 
OSMonitor
Windows 7 x64 15.1" (1920x1080) 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core i3 2367M Intel HD 3000 4GB DDR3 Hitachi HDD 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
SanDisk SSD Windows 7 Home Premium x64 13.3" 1366x768 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2429 of 4253
Quote:
Originally Posted by doomlord52 View Post

So I've been playing this mod for a few weeks now (almost 3), and I have to say, its really good. The mechanics are solid, the gameplay is good, and the technical back-end is fairly solid. However, im quitting for one reason, and one reason only:
The doors. They kill you.
This is the fourth time its happened. I'll spend a few hours getting gear, playing for a few days - hey, I even found a truck this time - , and I'll get to NWAF. I'll head to the barracks to try and get some of that 'awesome' gear. I'll hit "open door", the door will open, it touches me, breaks my legs, starts making me bleeding, and then kills me, all within a second or two.
I bug-reported this, and there's been no change. Yes, some people have said 'this is an Arma bug'. That's cool, but its not cool when dying to a door causes you to loose lots and lots of gear, with no way of getting it back. And im sure its easily fixable - just give the doors a no-clip property. The zombies already have this (somehow).
I'm fine with vehicles breaking easily, im fine with people sniping - all of that is part of the game. I like how the game is hard, and how its got 'perma-death' for characters. It makes the game fun, exciting, and challenging. Its all cool. However, its not OK when you get killed by stuff that makes no sense. Getting killed by doors is insane.
I'll come back when its fixed, or I might even play a bit every now and then with friends. However, I dont see the point of continuing when the most trivial stuff will kill me.


This is simple to solve. Dont stand infront of the door when you open it. And yes it is possible.
Gaming Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i7-3930K ASUS Sabertooth X79 MSI GTX 580 Lightning Extreme Edition MSI GTX 580 Lightning Extreme Edition 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
Corsair Vengeance Corsair SSD Koolance CPU-370 Koolance Asus Sabertooth X79 Waterblocks 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
2xBitspower GPU Waterblocks RX480 RS120 Windows 7 Ultimate 
PowerCase
Corsair AX1200W Silverstone TJ11 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i7-3930K ASUS Sabertooth X79 MSI GTX 580 Lightning Extreme Edition MSI GTX 580 Lightning Extreme Edition 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
Corsair Vengeance Corsair SSD Koolance CPU-370 Koolance Asus Sabertooth X79 Waterblocks 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
2xBitspower GPU Waterblocks RX480 RS120 Windows 7 Ultimate 
PowerCase
Corsair AX1200W Silverstone TJ11 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2430 of 4253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagelund View Post

This is simple to solve. Dont stand infront of the door when you open it. And yes it is possible.

Tried that. Works 99% of the time. However, mistakes happen, as well as lag, and general bugs. Simply saying "Work around the bug" isn't a bug fix. Its like saying "Always-Online DRM is fine, just always have internet" or something.
Base2
(21 items)
 
Edi
(13 items)
 
Zenbook
(7 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core i7 740QM GTX 460m 2x 4gb DDR3 OCZ Agility 3 
OSMonitor
Windows 7 x64 15.1" (1920x1080) 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core i3 2367M Intel HD 3000 4GB DDR3 Hitachi HDD 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
SanDisk SSD Windows 7 Home Premium x64 13.3" 1366x768 
  hide details  
Reply
Base2
(21 items)
 
Edi
(13 items)
 
Zenbook
(7 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core i7 740QM GTX 460m 2x 4gb DDR3 OCZ Agility 3 
OSMonitor
Windows 7 x64 15.1" (1920x1080) 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core i3 2367M Intel HD 3000 4GB DDR3 Hitachi HDD 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
SanDisk SSD Windows 7 Home Premium x64 13.3" 1366x768 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › Arma 2 Dayz Mod: Zombie Survival Simulation.