Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › Arma 2 Dayz Mod: Zombie Survival Simulation.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Arma 2 Dayz Mod: Zombie Survival Simulation. - Page 253

post #2521 of 4265
PvP/banditing is part of the game (if not the main focus). If there wasn't PvP, the game would be stupidly easy, zombies don't pose much, if any, threat at all once you get a pistol.

It seems the only purpose that zombies have at the moment is to increase player interaction (giving away player positions either by aggro, bodies left behind, or gunshots) and keep people from wandering around towns looting everything uncontested.

I've only died twice to zombies I think, one time I didn't have a weapon and got caught in a house, and the second was when I fired my rifle in town to kill a player, but he took out my legs so I had tons of aggro and was on the ground.

So I'd suggest that if you don't want to deal with PvP/bandits, you should probably play a different game.
COST EFFECTIVE
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4.4GHz 1.24v Asus P8P67 Vanilla ASUS GTX660Ti DirectCU OC @ 1,250MHz/7,000MHz G.Skill Eco 1600Mhz 7-8-7-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar Blue 1TB (WD10EZEX) Intel 520 120GB LG SuperMulti CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Home Premium x64 BenQ E2420HD Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless w/ MX blues Seasonic SS-650HT 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 500R Logitech G400 Steelseries QCK Asus Xonar DG 
AudioOther
Fiio E17 Alpen Beyerdynamic DT770 + Zalman clip-on mic 
  hide details  
Reply
COST EFFECTIVE
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4.4GHz 1.24v Asus P8P67 Vanilla ASUS GTX660Ti DirectCU OC @ 1,250MHz/7,000MHz G.Skill Eco 1600Mhz 7-8-7-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar Blue 1TB (WD10EZEX) Intel 520 120GB LG SuperMulti CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Home Premium x64 BenQ E2420HD Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless w/ MX blues Seasonic SS-650HT 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 500R Logitech G400 Steelseries QCK Asus Xonar DG 
AudioOther
Fiio E17 Alpen Beyerdynamic DT770 + Zalman clip-on mic 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2522 of 4265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortunex View Post

PvP/banditing is part of the game (if not the main focus). If there wasn't PvP, the game would be stupidly easy, zombies don't pose much, if any, threat at all once you get a pistol.
It seems the only purpose that zombies have at the moment is to increase player interaction (giving away player positions either by aggro, bodies left behind, or gunshots) and keep people from wandering around towns looting everything uncontested.
I've only died twice to zombies I think, one time I didn't have a weapon and got caught in a house, and the second was when I fired my rifle in town to kill a player, but he took out my legs so I had tons of aggro and was on the ground.
So I'd suggest that if you don't want to deal with PvP/bandits, you should probably play a different game.

That may be what it is now, but that's certainly not what it was when it started. There's a reason it was called Zombie Survival Simulation, and not Let's All Be Douches And Kill Everyone We See For Their Gear.

The only reason it's become PvP focused, is specifically BECAUSE of people like that. I mean really, if it is as you say, and the zombies are nothing but 'minor annoyances' or are just there to give away player positions, why is anyone actually playing Day Z? If all they're going to do is kill each other, why don't they play regular ARMA 2 Multiplayer? Isn't that basically what they're playing anyway?

But regardless, I'm not trying to tell others how to play, it's a game, you play it how you like, I'm just saying that I would HOPE that due to it being an OCN run server, it would have mostly OCN players on it, and I would hope that most OCN players aren't douches. If that turns out to be the case, then I'll wait till it goes standalone like they're talking about and I'll host my own server where I can play with friends and simulate surviving zombies.
Edited by Marafice Eye - 8/4/12 at 10:26pm
 
HTPC/Media Server
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz ASUS Maximus VI GENE Galaxy Geforce GTX 780 Hall of Fame 1188/1652(6... G.Skill Ripjaws X series 16gb ddr3 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Neutron 256gb SSD Seagate Barracude 3tb Seagate Barracuda 3tb LG 12x Blu-Ray Drive 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H100i Windows 8 Pro 64-bit Crossover Black Tune 2735 AMG 27 inch 2560x1440... LG 22EA53 21.5in 1080p IPS panel 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung Syncmaster 216BW 21.6inch 1680x1050 LCD... Ducky DK 1008-C OCN Edition w/MX Blue Switches Cooler Master Silent Pro 1000w Corsair Vengeance C70 Arctic White 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G600 Razer Vespula Logitech X-140 2.0 Speakers Logitech G930 Wireless 7.1 Surround Headset 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core 2 Duo P8700 2.53Ghz Geforce GTX 260M 1GB 6GB DDR2 500gb and 160gb 
OSMonitor
Windows 8 Pro 64bit 17.3" 16:9 1600x900 
  hide details  
Reply
 
HTPC/Media Server
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz ASUS Maximus VI GENE Galaxy Geforce GTX 780 Hall of Fame 1188/1652(6... G.Skill Ripjaws X series 16gb ddr3 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Neutron 256gb SSD Seagate Barracude 3tb Seagate Barracuda 3tb LG 12x Blu-Ray Drive 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H100i Windows 8 Pro 64-bit Crossover Black Tune 2735 AMG 27 inch 2560x1440... LG 22EA53 21.5in 1080p IPS panel 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung Syncmaster 216BW 21.6inch 1680x1050 LCD... Ducky DK 1008-C OCN Edition w/MX Blue Switches Cooler Master Silent Pro 1000w Corsair Vengeance C70 Arctic White 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G600 Razer Vespula Logitech X-140 2.0 Speakers Logitech G930 Wireless 7.1 Surround Headset 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core 2 Duo P8700 2.53Ghz Geforce GTX 260M 1GB 6GB DDR2 500gb and 160gb 
OSMonitor
Windows 8 Pro 64bit 17.3" 16:9 1600x900 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2523 of 4265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marafice Eye View Post

That may be what it is now, but that's certainly not what it was when it started. There's a reason it was called Zombie Survival Simulation, and not Let's All Be Douches And Kill Everyone We See For Their Gear.
The only reason it's become PvP focused, is specifically BECAUSE of people like that. I mean really, if it is as you say, and the zombies are nothing but 'minor annoyances' or are just there to give away player positions, why is anyone actually playing Day Z? If all they're going to do is kill each other, why don't they play regular ARMA 2 Multiplayer? Isn't that basically what they're playing anyway?
But regardless, I'm not trying to tell others how to play, it's a game, you play it how you like, I'm just saying that I would HOPE that due to it being an OCN run server, it would have mostly OCN players on it, and I would hope that most OCN players aren't douches. If that turns out to be the case, then I'll wait till it goes standalone like they're talking about and I'll host my own server where I can play with friends and simulate surviving zombies.

As far as I know, it's always been heavy on PvP. It's a sandbox game, players do whatever they want. Most players want to PvP it seems.

You're not a douche for killing people in Call of Duty, or Runescape, why is one a douche for killing people in DayZ?

Arma is different. In DayZ you have something to drive player interaction (need of food, drink, ammo, med supplies), things to stop players from running around quickly and looting stuff before being noticed (zombies), etc.

OCNers being admins or hosting the server doesn't mean or do anything. It'll be the same as any other community hosted server, whether it's Reddit, some clan, or a random player. People will search for servers with x players and y ping and find the OCN server and join it, and seeing as neither server has player tags, you have no way of knowing whether the player looking at you with their gun drawn is an OCN guy or a random pub that's about to kill you and take your beans.
COST EFFECTIVE
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4.4GHz 1.24v Asus P8P67 Vanilla ASUS GTX660Ti DirectCU OC @ 1,250MHz/7,000MHz G.Skill Eco 1600Mhz 7-8-7-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar Blue 1TB (WD10EZEX) Intel 520 120GB LG SuperMulti CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Home Premium x64 BenQ E2420HD Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless w/ MX blues Seasonic SS-650HT 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 500R Logitech G400 Steelseries QCK Asus Xonar DG 
AudioOther
Fiio E17 Alpen Beyerdynamic DT770 + Zalman clip-on mic 
  hide details  
Reply
COST EFFECTIVE
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4.4GHz 1.24v Asus P8P67 Vanilla ASUS GTX660Ti DirectCU OC @ 1,250MHz/7,000MHz G.Skill Eco 1600Mhz 7-8-7-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar Blue 1TB (WD10EZEX) Intel 520 120GB LG SuperMulti CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Home Premium x64 BenQ E2420HD Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless w/ MX blues Seasonic SS-650HT 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 500R Logitech G400 Steelseries QCK Asus Xonar DG 
AudioOther
Fiio E17 Alpen Beyerdynamic DT770 + Zalman clip-on mic 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2524 of 4265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marafice Eye View Post

That may be what it is now, but that's certainly not what it was when it started. There's a reason it was called Zombie Survival Simulation, and not Let's All Be Douches And Kill Everyone We See For Their Gear.
The only reason it's become PvP focused, is specifically BECAUSE of people like that. I mean really, if it is as you say, and the zombies are nothing but 'minor annoyances' or are just there to give away player positions, why is anyone actually playing Day Z? If all they're going to do is kill each other, why don't they play regular ARMA 2 Multiplayer? Isn't that basically what they're playing anyway?
But regardless, I'm not trying to tell others how to play, it's a game, you play it how you like, I'm just saying that I would HOPE that due to it being an OCN run server, it would have mostly OCN players on it, and I would hope that most OCN players aren't douches. If that turns out to be the case, then I'll wait till it goes standalone like they're talking about and I'll host my own server where I can play with friends and simulate surviving zombies.

I agree, but I disagree.

When you first start out or don't have a weapon after you died, yes, the zombie aspect plays a much bigger role. However, once you get good gear and everything zombies become really easy to kill (especially when exploiting their scripting ie. walking in buildings). At that point you either make goals to fix up a vehicle or hunt down other players. The "hunt" of an actual player is just as exciting as the kill.

If you've ever been real hunting and you start out with small game (rabbits, etc.), you eventually want to move on up to the bigger stuff. In dayz, once you learn how to kill the "lower intelligent" zombies, hunting/killing players that have an actual intelligence, makes it more exciting.
post #2525 of 4265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marafice Eye View Post

No need to be a dick lol. Yeah, I know all servers are public, I've been looking into Day Z for a while and know there's really no such thing as a private server. I also know server admins can't kick people for anything other than being racist.
BUT, I would at least figure that with as many Day Z players we have here on OCN, the MAJORITY of people on the servers won't be douches.

fyi, I didn't mean to come off as a "d***". redface.gif
post #2526 of 4265
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud643 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marafice Eye View Post

No need to be a dick lol. Yeah, I know all servers are public, I've been looking into Day Z for a while and know there's really no such thing as a private server. I also know server admins can't kick people for anything other than being racist.
BUT, I would at least figure that with as many Day Z players we have here on OCN, the MAJORITY of people on the servers won't be douches.

fyi, I didn't mean to come off as a "d***". redface.gif

I thought you were coming off as an informant just in case he didn't know. The people who host the other servers probably hoped not to get douches in their servers, but I bet you they didn't get their wish.
Swag's Venus
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k @ 4.8GHz Asus Maximus V Gene EVGA GTX 680 G.Skill RipJaws X 16GB (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 830 Crucial M4 Corsair H100i Windows 7 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2713HM Crossover 27Q (3x) Ducky TKL OCN-Version Corsair AX650 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair C70 (Military Green) Razer DeathAdder BE Steelseries QCK+ Beats Pro 
AudioAudio
Bose Surround Sound 5.1 Beats Tours 
  hide details  
Reply
Swag's Venus
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k @ 4.8GHz Asus Maximus V Gene EVGA GTX 680 G.Skill RipJaws X 16GB (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 830 Crucial M4 Corsair H100i Windows 7 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2713HM Crossover 27Q (3x) Ducky TKL OCN-Version Corsair AX650 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair C70 (Military Green) Razer DeathAdder BE Steelseries QCK+ Beats Pro 
AudioAudio
Bose Surround Sound 5.1 Beats Tours 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2527 of 4265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortunex View Post

As far as I know, it's always been heavy on PvP. It's a sandbox game, players do whatever they want. Most players want to PvP it seems.
You're not a douche for killing people in Call of Duty, or Runescape, why is one a douche for killing people in DayZ?
Arma is different. In DayZ you have something to drive player interaction (need of food, drink, ammo, med supplies), things to stop players from running around quickly and looting stuff before being noticed (zombies), etc.
OCNers being admins or hosting the server doesn't mean or do anything. It'll be the same as any other community hosted server, whether it's Reddit, some clan, or a random player. People will search for servers with x players and y ping and find the OCN server and join it, and seeing as neither server has player tags, you have no way of knowing whether the player looking at you with their gun drawn is an OCN guy or a random pub that's about to kill you and take your beans.

The bolded part signifies my point, CoD and such games are deathmacth games, that's the point, kill the other players. Day Z is called Zombie Survival Simulation, not deathmatch. If that's how people want to play it, fine, I'm not saying they shouldn't I'm simply saying what's the point of playing Day Z if all you're doing is deathmatch? And if the zombies pose no real threat, then that's a problem I think Rocket and his team need to work on, because all the mod is right now is Deathmatch with a zombie 'flavor'. If the zombies are nearly harmless, then why is this a zombie game?

If I want to just kill people and take their gear, I can do that in any number of games. If I want to just kill zombies, I can do that in any number of games. The thing that enticed me about Day Z was the idea of playing with a few friends and surviving the ZOMBIE apocalypse, not surviving some random douche that kills me, and ignores the zombies cause they're not a real threat.

Like I said, I'm not telling people NOT to play, I think it's great the mod has gotten so much attention, and I hope those players are exploring the games themselves because they're fantastic themselves, but in it's current state, the mods is nothing but deathmatch that just HAPPENS to have some zombies in it and a food/water mechanic. I don't consider it survival if someone runs up and kills me, only to be killed themselves because they ignore the zombies chasing them, all because they just felt like killing me.

But anyway I'm ranting I know, and I just won't play it.

My point about the servers is still a legit point though, regardless of them not being tagged with OCN, everyone here who plays has posted their steam names and such to play together have they not? I can probably recognize most of them on the server, anyway, and I could know whether the guy who just killed me was a rando douche.
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud643 View Post

fyi, I didn't mean to come off as a "d***". redface.gif

My apologies then, my reading into the demeanor of the post was wrong, I do apologize.
Edited by Marafice Eye - 8/4/12 at 10:52pm
 
HTPC/Media Server
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz ASUS Maximus VI GENE Galaxy Geforce GTX 780 Hall of Fame 1188/1652(6... G.Skill Ripjaws X series 16gb ddr3 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Neutron 256gb SSD Seagate Barracude 3tb Seagate Barracuda 3tb LG 12x Blu-Ray Drive 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H100i Windows 8 Pro 64-bit Crossover Black Tune 2735 AMG 27 inch 2560x1440... LG 22EA53 21.5in 1080p IPS panel 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung Syncmaster 216BW 21.6inch 1680x1050 LCD... Ducky DK 1008-C OCN Edition w/MX Blue Switches Cooler Master Silent Pro 1000w Corsair Vengeance C70 Arctic White 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G600 Razer Vespula Logitech X-140 2.0 Speakers Logitech G930 Wireless 7.1 Surround Headset 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core 2 Duo P8700 2.53Ghz Geforce GTX 260M 1GB 6GB DDR2 500gb and 160gb 
OSMonitor
Windows 8 Pro 64bit 17.3" 16:9 1600x900 
  hide details  
Reply
 
HTPC/Media Server
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz ASUS Maximus VI GENE Galaxy Geforce GTX 780 Hall of Fame 1188/1652(6... G.Skill Ripjaws X series 16gb ddr3 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Neutron 256gb SSD Seagate Barracude 3tb Seagate Barracuda 3tb LG 12x Blu-Ray Drive 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H100i Windows 8 Pro 64-bit Crossover Black Tune 2735 AMG 27 inch 2560x1440... LG 22EA53 21.5in 1080p IPS panel 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung Syncmaster 216BW 21.6inch 1680x1050 LCD... Ducky DK 1008-C OCN Edition w/MX Blue Switches Cooler Master Silent Pro 1000w Corsair Vengeance C70 Arctic White 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G600 Razer Vespula Logitech X-140 2.0 Speakers Logitech G930 Wireless 7.1 Surround Headset 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core 2 Duo P8700 2.53Ghz Geforce GTX 260M 1GB 6GB DDR2 500gb and 160gb 
OSMonitor
Windows 8 Pro 64bit 17.3" 16:9 1600x900 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2528 of 4265
Quote:
Originally Posted by (sic) View Post

It was rather warm last night. thinking.gifWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
arma2oa_2012_08_04_05_30_14_490.jpg
arma2oa_2012_08_04_05_30_44_578.jpg
Forest Fire. They happen.

Had one surround Lopatino one night while we were in a standoff with another group in the city. That was a bad time...

Also had one hit our camp in the early days. The tents were unscathed, but the tractor we had was just shy of ruined. And the guy who found out that there was a fire was crispy when he logged in.

Also, to the deathmatch discussion, I'll repost this:

Edited by -Apocalypse- - 8/4/12 at 11:10pm
The Obelisk
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 2600k Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z (Z68) Asus GTX 570 DirectCU II  EVGA 9800GT ECO 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz  WD Black 1TB OCZ Vertex 2 90GB OCZ Agility 4 128GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
Samsung 840 128GB Windows 7 Professional 64-bit ViewSonic VX2250 Asus VE248 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Corsair AX850 Corsair 800D Logitech G600 
Mouse PadAudio
C4 NGen Logitech G930 Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
The Obelisk
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 2600k Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z (Z68) Asus GTX 570 DirectCU II  EVGA 9800GT ECO 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz  WD Black 1TB OCZ Vertex 2 90GB OCZ Agility 4 128GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
Samsung 840 128GB Windows 7 Professional 64-bit ViewSonic VX2250 Asus VE248 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Corsair AX850 Corsair 800D Logitech G600 
Mouse PadAudio
C4 NGen Logitech G930 Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2529 of 4265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marafice Eye View Post

The bolded part signifies my point, CoD and such games are deathmacth games, that's the point, kill the other players. Day Z is called Zombie Survival Simulation, not deathmatch. If that's how people want to play it, fine, I'm not saying they shouldn't I'm simply saying what's the point of playing Day Z if all you're doing is deathmatch? And if the zombies pose no real threat, then that's a problem I think Rocket and his team need to work on, because all the mod is right now is Deathmatch with a zombie 'flavor'. If the zombies are nearly harmless, then why is this a zombie game?
If I want to just kill people and take their gear, I can do that in any number of games. If I want to just kill zombies, I can do that in any number of games. The thing that enticed me about Day Z was the idea of playing with a few friends and surviving the ZOMBIE apocalypse, not surviving some random douche that kills me, and ignores the zombies cause they're not a real threat.
Like I said, I'm not telling people NOT to play, I think it's great the mod has gotten so much attention, and I hope those players are exploring the games themselves because they're fantastic themselves, but in it's current state, the mods is nothing but deathmatch that just HAPPENS to have some zombies in it and a food/water mechanic. I don't consider it survival if someone runs up and kills me, only to be killed themselves because they ignore the zombies chasing them, all because they just felt like killing me.
But anyway I'm ranting I know, and I just won't play it.
My point about the servers is still a legit point though, regardless of them not being tagged with OCN, everyone here who plays has posted their steam names and such to play together have they not? I can probably recognize most of them on the server, anyway, and I could know whether the guy who just killed me was a rando douche.
My apologies then, my reading into the demeanor of the post was wrong, I do apologize.

DayZ isn't really "zombie survival simulation", it's more like "zombie apocalypse sandbox". You can't simulate zombie survival on a video game, because you have infinite lives. The stakes just aren't there. The only stakes you really have in DayZ is time and gear, and gear is really really easy to find. In DayZ, the point is whatever the players want it to be. It seems most players want it to be like deathmatch with zombies thrown in. If the zombies weren't there, it would be a much different game, despite the fact that they aren't directly dangerous. Zombies add a TON of suspense, which is half the reason the game is so fun. You're torn between moving slowly through town, avoiding zombies, but giving players more time to spot you, or moving quickly through town attracting a ton of zombie aggro, which in turn draws players' attention. Also, because zombies only spawn within 200m of players, you can know whether a town has players in it or not and either safely avoid it, or go in looking for blood.

If you want to avoid players and just shoot zombies, you can, but don't expect other players to give you the same courtesy. Me and some friends avoided the main towns for 3-4 days and just stuck to the midlands where players don't go very much, raiding small towns for supplies, killing zombies, etc., but that got boring really quickly.

And I mean the servers don't have nametags on, as in you can't see other players' names.
COST EFFECTIVE
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4.4GHz 1.24v Asus P8P67 Vanilla ASUS GTX660Ti DirectCU OC @ 1,250MHz/7,000MHz G.Skill Eco 1600Mhz 7-8-7-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar Blue 1TB (WD10EZEX) Intel 520 120GB LG SuperMulti CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Home Premium x64 BenQ E2420HD Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless w/ MX blues Seasonic SS-650HT 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 500R Logitech G400 Steelseries QCK Asus Xonar DG 
AudioOther
Fiio E17 Alpen Beyerdynamic DT770 + Zalman clip-on mic 
  hide details  
Reply
COST EFFECTIVE
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4.4GHz 1.24v Asus P8P67 Vanilla ASUS GTX660Ti DirectCU OC @ 1,250MHz/7,000MHz G.Skill Eco 1600Mhz 7-8-7-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar Blue 1TB (WD10EZEX) Intel 520 120GB LG SuperMulti CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Home Premium x64 BenQ E2420HD Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless w/ MX blues Seasonic SS-650HT 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 500R Logitech G400 Steelseries QCK Asus Xonar DG 
AudioOther
Fiio E17 Alpen Beyerdynamic DT770 + Zalman clip-on mic 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2530 of 4265
I think if it were a real, people would be raiding and killing each other. It's human instinct to survive. So don't think it ain't a sim because people kill each other. Yes, infinite lives change it so we can't actually value our things, but it's better than playing it and die and not allowed to play it again. If you want a real sim, go make a virus and infect people with it, then you'll be able to enjoy a real zombie apocalypse.
Swag's Venus
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k @ 4.8GHz Asus Maximus V Gene EVGA GTX 680 G.Skill RipJaws X 16GB (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 830 Crucial M4 Corsair H100i Windows 7 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2713HM Crossover 27Q (3x) Ducky TKL OCN-Version Corsair AX650 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair C70 (Military Green) Razer DeathAdder BE Steelseries QCK+ Beats Pro 
AudioAudio
Bose Surround Sound 5.1 Beats Tours 
  hide details  
Reply
Swag's Venus
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k @ 4.8GHz Asus Maximus V Gene EVGA GTX 680 G.Skill RipJaws X 16GB (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 830 Crucial M4 Corsair H100i Windows 7 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2713HM Crossover 27Q (3x) Ducky TKL OCN-Version Corsair AX650 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair C70 (Military Green) Razer DeathAdder BE Steelseries QCK+ Beats Pro 
AudioAudio
Bose Surround Sound 5.1 Beats Tours 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › Arma 2 Dayz Mod: Zombie Survival Simulation.