Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › Amd pildriver May 15th ?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Amd pildriver May 15th ? - Page 2

post #11 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by markshim View Post

hi guys,
i was looking on google and saw this as well as a few other post that say the same thing. . .
http://www.cpu-world.com/news_2012/2012040301_Ivy_Bridge_announcement_on_April_23_AMD_Trinity_to_launch_on_May_15.html
does this mean piledriver is out middle of may then ?
i hope so i need to upgrade my pc and beeen waiting ages for this biggrin.gif

Do you realy "need" to uppgrade? What do you use the computer to?
post #12 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruarcs30 View Post

Do you realy "need" to uppgrade? What do you use the computer to?

More than 3/4 of the people in the world dont need to upgrade.

Most people dont need anything more than a socket 775 E8400.
post #13 of 21
The age old question.

What do you need?

Truly brake it down, we need nothing more then Air, Water, Food and shelter.
My Rig
(14 items)
 
Childrens Rig
(13 items)
 
HTPC
(17 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4690k MSI Z97 MPOWER EVGA Gtx 970 SC Kingston Hyper X 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel SSD 120Gb WD 750Gb 2.5" 380A, 2x D5's + Phobya 240mm rad Win 8.1 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ 24" GL2460 G19 Silerstone Gold 850W Bitfenix Shinobi XL 
MouseAudio
G700 Asus Xonar STX 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x4 955 Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 Asus GTS 450 G.Skill 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Western Digital 2 Tb green Western Digital 2 Tb Green Seagate 1Tb Western Digital 1Tb Green 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung Blu-ray Burner Win7 Ultimate Samsung 55" LED TV Logitech mx5500 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
seasonic 430w Antec Two Hundred Case v2 Logitech M-RCL 124 Couch 
Audio
7.1 Surround Sound 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(14 items)
 
Childrens Rig
(13 items)
 
HTPC
(17 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4690k MSI Z97 MPOWER EVGA Gtx 970 SC Kingston Hyper X 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel SSD 120Gb WD 750Gb 2.5" 380A, 2x D5's + Phobya 240mm rad Win 8.1 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ 24" GL2460 G19 Silerstone Gold 850W Bitfenix Shinobi XL 
MouseAudio
G700 Asus Xonar STX 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x4 955 Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 Asus GTS 450 G.Skill 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Western Digital 2 Tb green Western Digital 2 Tb Green Seagate 1Tb Western Digital 1Tb Green 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung Blu-ray Burner Win7 Ultimate Samsung 55" LED TV Logitech mx5500 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
seasonic 430w Antec Two Hundred Case v2 Logitech M-RCL 124 Couch 
Audio
7.1 Surround Sound 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger_nuts View Post

The age old question.
What do you need?
Truly brake it down, we need nothing more then Air, Water, Food and shelter.

God thats stupid. Comment like that serves no purpose.

This is not the same. Its not so much a need but more a want. People upgrade because they think they need too. Unfortunately, the large majority in the world that use PCs dont know any better.
post #15 of 21
Quote:
Abu-Dhabi is based on the Piledriver core will be available Q2 2012 and offers drop-in compatible part with 200 MHz performance uplift
Quote:
The Open Platform board should be designed to accommodate all three G34 power bands—85W, 115W, and 140 Interlagos and Abu Dhabi parts. The SE Abu Dhabi will consume up to 125A on the core and25A on the north bridge.
AMD FX ~Seronx
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8320 ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Professional MSI R7 260X OC GeIL EVO Leggara 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2TB HDD Sony BWU-500S Phanteks PH-TC14CS_WH Windows 8.1 64-bit+EFI 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Alienware OptX AW2210 Razer Blackwidow Ultimate ABS Majesty 900 Watts 80PLUS Gold NZXT Source 220 
MouseMouse PadAudio
CM Storm Spawn Razer Megasoma Realtek ALC892 
  hide details  
Reply
AMD FX ~Seronx
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8320 ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Professional MSI R7 260X OC GeIL EVO Leggara 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2TB HDD Sony BWU-500S Phanteks PH-TC14CS_WH Windows 8.1 64-bit+EFI 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Alienware OptX AW2210 Razer Blackwidow Ultimate ABS Majesty 900 Watts 80PLUS Gold NZXT Source 220 
MouseMouse PadAudio
CM Storm Spawn Razer Megasoma Realtek ALC892 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 21
its is piledriver, just not the fx-piledriver. not the one we want. however, it will show how the fx piledrive might do
post #17 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruarcs30 View Post

Do you realy "need" to uppgrade? What do you use the computer to?

If you only upgrade when you "need" to then you probably wouldnt be on a forum like this. If youre a PC enthusiast, chances are you upgrade often because cool new toys are always a lot of fun. Im on my 4th processor in 3 years and am really getting the itch to try a 8120 for something new to play with. I dont do this hobby for need. I do it for fun and Id wager most members here would be the same. thumb.gif

The rumors or whatever that Ive heard said Q3 for them to start shipping to retailers but possibly early Q4 before theyre actually available for purchase. Thats nothing official of course, just the rumor mill.
post #18 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacLeod View Post

If you only upgrade when you "need" to then you probably wouldnt be on a forum like this. If youre a PC enthusiast, chances are you upgrade often because cool new toys are always a lot of fun. Im on my 4th processor in 3 years and am really getting the itch to try a 8120 for something new to play with. I dont do this hobby for need. I do it for fun and Id wager most members here would be the same. thumb.gif
The rumors or whatever that Ive heard said Q3 for them to start shipping to retailers but possibly early Q4 before theyre actually available for purchase. Thats nothing official of course, just the rumor mill.

Hehe, I see your point. But I was under the impression that he was thinking that he was for some reason forced to uppgrade biggrin.gif
post #19 of 21

Bulldozer launched in early October of last year and I see no reason why AMD couldn't launch it early Q3 unless their are trying to devote more resources to their APU production. 

post #20 of 21
^witch they are^
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › Amd pildriver May 15th ?