Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [PCG]Company of heroes 2!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[PCG]Company of heroes 2! - Page 15

post #141 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domino View Post

I can tell you have poor micro skills based on how you are unable to deny a brit set up at the start of the game (edit: let alone give them enough pressure during a 2v2 for a mate to back you). Most PE players cap the high fuel/muni point well in advance before the brit player sets up. Furthermore, if the recon team happens to beat the ketten, the PE player now knows wehre the HQ is going to be set up. Most "pro" players don't sit there and paddy themselves around knowing where a brit player is going to set up. We typically send 2 PGs, push the recons with the ketten and or cap when the recon engages the 2 PGs. If you are unable to get 2 PGs to the brit position, then you are doing it wrong.
Now 2 PGs aren't much of an issue if you have no idea on how to micro tem with a ketten. Hence why it was a joke to even converse strat conversation with you.
It appears like you like to make claims that come out of your arse. Not only have I contributed to known strat development but have sat at the top 1% of the rankings for months. You used to see my name in the top 10 on 2v2 before I stopped playing.
Prime example why I act like an arrogant douche. You have no idea what you are talking about armchair tactician. Go grab me a replay of you going against Andy in a 2v2 and I'll discuss with you further.

First of all you can't just send 2 PG's at the same time unless you'll wait for the second to be produced in which time brit sets up his truck after beating your ketten.
If you send your first PG after ketten you get sniped and you're left with 2 men against Recon squad , not a very smart fight , they get decimated befor the 2nd PG squad is able to get there.
As for your claims to be top 1% I'll just play the card your familiar with
PROOF ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domino View Post

I play as a very aggressive brit player. The only faction that I don't is wehr. How I play is radically different then most, if not all, brit players. I used to get that a lot when I was showing off the 3 recon open. Back capping is what I typically don't focus on at the start (unless I want to link high res points).
(your image isn't working but...) You made a good move on early map control and using a play style to counter what your opponent was doing. A bit off-topic, but I'm surprised how any players have no idea on how or when to back tech. This is something extremely important for Ameri players, but it plays a huge role in wehr versus brits if they start blobbing up. Taking down vet 2/3 LTs does a massive blow to the whole brit blob tactic and why I NEVER use it in high level play, especially when a rocket barry gets dropped on your hq after a retreat. Blobbing tactics is just newb play, and your mention of a 25 pounder being dropped on the heart of the blob is why. Keep note of what you did here but consider it a rock-paper-scissor tactic. It'll pay off in the long run.

That bold part there pretty much explains up why you know nothing about countering axsis Vet 3 units it also explains why you're so defensive about all things in Brit faction and complain about Wehr Vet.
Only way to learn how to properly use all the strong and weak aspects of all the factions is to play with them Mr PRO , if you'd be anything you're claiming to be you'd know that.
Right now you only know one side of the coin.
post #142 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotDevil666 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domino View Post

I can tell you have poor micro skills based on how you are unable to deny a brit set up at the start of the game (edit: let alone give them enough pressure during a 2v2 for a mate to back you). Most PE players cap the high fuel/muni point well in advance before the brit player sets up. Furthermore, if the recon team happens to beat the ketten, the PE player now knows wehre the HQ is going to be set up. Most "pro" players don't sit there and paddy themselves around knowing where a brit player is going to set up. We typically send 2 PGs, push the recons with the ketten and or cap when the recon engages the 2 PGs. If you are unable to get 2 PGs to the brit position, then you are doing it wrong.
Now 2 PGs aren't much of an issue if you have no idea on how to micro tem with a ketten. Hence why it was a joke to even converse strat conversation with you.
It appears like you like to make claims that come out of your arse. Not only have I contributed to known strat development but have sat at the top 1% of the rankings for months. You used to see my name in the top 10 on 2v2 before I stopped playing.
Prime example why I act like an arrogant douche. You have no idea what you are talking about armchair tactician. Go grab me a replay of you going against Andy in a 2v2 and I'll discuss with you further.

First of all you can't just send 2 PG's at the same time unless you'll wait for the second to be produced in which time brit sets up his truck after beating your ketten.
If you send your first PG after ketten you get sniped and you're left with 2 men against Recon squad , not a very smart fight , they get decimated befor the 2nd PG squad is able to get there.
As for your claims to be top 1% I'll just play the card your familiar with
PROOF ?

Once you get my a replay of you playing with andy. Let alone, it appears that you don't go on GR if you can't link my strat to my brit account.

Heck, I was rank 37 after 3 months of not playing...let alone, I'm probably still in the top 100 after not playing for the past 2 months. Allied account was in the top 100 before I swtiched to brit. Axis and PE is in the top 500 and got bored by how easy it was to play them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domino View Post

I play as a very aggressive brit player. The only faction that I don't is wehr. How I play is radically different then most, if not all, brit players. I used to get that a lot when I was showing off the 3 recon open. Back capping is what I typically don't focus on at the start (unless I want to link high res points).
(your image isn't working but...) You made a good move on early map control and using a play style to counter what your opponent was doing. A bit off-topic, but I'm surprised how any players have no idea on how or when to back tech. This is something extremely important for Ameri players, but it plays a huge role in wehr versus brits if they start blobbing up. Taking down vet 2/3 LTs does a massive blow to the whole brit blob tactic and why I NEVER use it in high level play, especially when a rocket barry gets dropped on your hq after a retreat. Blobbing tactics is just newb play, and your mention of a 25 pounder being dropped on the heart of the blob is why. Keep note of what you did here but consider it a rock-paper-scissor tactic. It'll pay off in the long run.

That bold part there pretty much explains up why you know nothing about countering axsis Vet 3 units it also explains why you're so defensive about all things in Brit faction and complain about Wehr Vet.[/quote]

You're picking straws for arguments on things that you are attempting to link together to make an argument. Go troll somehwere else.

If you go back and read, I said that if you don't play early game well as an allied player, you are going to be a world of hurt for last game. I.e., if you don't control well over 50% of the map by the 20 minute mark, you pretty much yield a win for the axis player late game. I made a comment saying that both factions are quite balanced early game, making it harder for allied players.
Quote:
Only way to learn how to properly use all the strong and weak aspects of all the factions is to play with them Mr PRO , if you'd be anything you're claiming to be you'd know that.
Right now you only know one side of the coin.

How am I one sided when I'm a higher rank then you on all factions? Welcome to the block list troll.

But I'll leave you with a pro RTS player tip. One thing we pros do is inovate on strats. Calling someone out on a play style only shows where you pull your strats from - tutorials to basic strats generated for new players. The rest of the higher level players could really care less about your rehash strat talk. It's like a newb saying APM matters in starcraft 2 when we know of MANY starcraft 2 players with medicore /average apm that do well.
Edited by Domino - 5/6/12 at 8:17pm
post #143 of 175
Man, balance discussion...I feel like I've stepped into gamereplays or older versions of the relicnews forums...No need to badmouth one another, you two might as well verse one another in a 1v1. I'm only ranked at level 10 personally, so I don't think I can contribute that much.

As for CoH 2, this is AWESOME news, and hopefully plays out more of a sequel to CoH than DoW II was to DoW. Not that there's anything wrong with DoW II, but CoH was the only RTS I played some serious multiplayer in (besides CnC, but that's just spam to victory). I especially like true sight (I feel like some at gamereplays have been advocating that for a while). I wonder if the whole procedural weather effects are gonna be taxing on slightly older systems, though I hope not.

Not that anyone has said this, but I'll say it here, CoH 2 I doubt will ever become a competitive e-sport in the same way that SC2 is currently, since if games in CoH 2 run anything like CoH, quite a bit of the game is pretty much left up to chance, perhaps too much. It's great for spectating and casting precisely for that reason, but that makes the game a little less about skill and more about luck.

PS more awesome graphics pl0x! Eastern Front mod should tide me over til this releases I hope.
post #144 of 175
Finally!!! Been waiting for this since I played this as a kid biggrin.gif
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 4670k MSI GD65 Z87 Asus HD5870 + Sapphire HD5870 Crossfire Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Crucial M4 128GB Windows 8 64Bit Professional Dell u2711 Filco Majestouch 2 (MX Browns) 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Silverstone ST-1000W Modular Cooler Master Cosmos S Logitech G9x Razer ExactMat 
Audio
Creative X-fi Titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 4670k MSI GD65 Z87 Asus HD5870 + Sapphire HD5870 Crossfire Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Crucial M4 128GB Windows 8 64Bit Professional Dell u2711 Filco Majestouch 2 (MX Browns) 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Silverstone ST-1000W Modular Cooler Master Cosmos S Logitech G9x Razer ExactMat 
Audio
Creative X-fi Titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #145 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatterist View Post


As for CoH 2, this is AWESOME news, and hopefully plays out more of a sequel to CoH than DoW II was to DoW. Not that there's anything wrong with DoW II, but CoH was the only RTS I played some serious multiplayer in (besides CnC, but that's just spam to victory). I especially like true sight (I feel like some at gamereplays have been advocating that for a while). I wonder if the whole procedural weather effects are gonna be taxing on slightly older systems, though I hope not.

Not that anyone has said this, but I'll say it here, CoH 2 I doubt will ever become a competitive e-sport in the same way that SC2 is currently, since if games in CoH 2 run anything like CoH, quite a bit of the game is pretty much left up to chance, perhaps too much. It's great for spectating and casting precisely for that reason, but that makes the game a little less about skill and more about luck.

PS more awesome graphics pl0x! Eastern Front mod should tide me over til this releases I hope.

I hope so too.

CoH definitely requires much more focus on micro while mixing both tactics and strategy equally then starcraft. It is a game just as demanding as SC2, more so in some aspects and less in other. CoH has potential to meeting e-sport material, and was reaching such a status with CoHO (minus the imbalances in the course of the beta). The community is there, the RTS elements are there, everything is in place to make it an e-sport title but THQ just needs to push it in that direction.

To make it to SC status is more then likely not going to happen but that doesn't mean it can't be apart of the major e-sport RTS titles. Starcraft really took off due to community involvement in Asia, making it more of a national sport. Although CoH2 isn't going to get that, it should at least be pushed into the gaming community more so as a competitive title.
post #146 of 175
Would love to see some pseudo historical units like the Ratte, Monster or Panzer VIII Maus
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5-760 @ 4.0GHz ASRock P55 Extreme4 MSI R7950 3GB Twin Frozr III Ripjaws X 8GB DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD Samsung Spinpoint F3 500GB HDD Lite-On DVD-RW CM Hyper 212+ 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit Acer G276HL 27" 1080p LED CM QuickFire Rapid (Red) Corsair HX750 Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Antec Three Hundred Logitech G400s XTRAC PADS Ripper XXL Asus Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5-760 @ 4.0GHz ASRock P55 Extreme4 MSI R7950 3GB Twin Frozr III Ripjaws X 8GB DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD Samsung Spinpoint F3 500GB HDD Lite-On DVD-RW CM Hyper 212+ 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit Acer G276HL 27" 1080p LED CM QuickFire Rapid (Red) Corsair HX750 Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Antec Three Hundred Logitech G400s XTRAC PADS Ripper XXL Asus Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
post #147 of 175
Awesome! Haven't played the first one in quite a while, though. May need to refresh.
IntelAsylum R2
(14 items)
 
M11x
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k ASRock Z77 Extreme6 MSI R6950 2GB +Shaders 8GB Ripjaw 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
1TB WD SE, 2x500gb Seagate, 160GB WD Samsung 840 EVO LG UH12LS28 BDD Windows 7 Ultimate x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
23" LCD + 17" LCD M$ Sidewinder x4 Seasonic 600W CM HAF 932A 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitec M705 MouseMat 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7 GT335m 1gb 4gb ddr3 320gb 
OS
Win 7 Home Premium x64 
  hide details  
Reply
IntelAsylum R2
(14 items)
 
M11x
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k ASRock Z77 Extreme6 MSI R6950 2GB +Shaders 8GB Ripjaw 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
1TB WD SE, 2x500gb Seagate, 160GB WD Samsung 840 EVO LG UH12LS28 BDD Windows 7 Ultimate x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
23" LCD + 17" LCD M$ Sidewinder x4 Seasonic 600W CM HAF 932A 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitec M705 MouseMat 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7 GT335m 1gb 4gb ddr3 320gb 
OS
Win 7 Home Premium x64 
  hide details  
Reply
post #148 of 175
Good to see another rts in 2013 ... COH2,C&C General 2 and what else?
the nice thing about rts is no console port. Yeah! now console gamer will bite their controller knowing this.
Pc Exclusive game ftw.We need moar of this!
LiTTle de$$ert
(8 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7 3610QM GT 650M 4GB 500GB HDD 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
DVDRW win7 ultimate 14'  backlit chiclet 
  hide details  
Reply
LiTTle de$$ert
(8 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7 3610QM GT 650M 4GB 500GB HDD 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
DVDRW win7 ultimate 14'  backlit chiclet 
  hide details  
Reply
post #149 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domino View Post

Once you get my a replay of you playing with andy. Let alone, it appears that you don't go on GR if you can't link my strat to my brit account.
Heck, I was rank 37 after 3 months of not playing...let alone, I'm probably still in the top 100 after not playing for the past 2 months. Allied account was in the top 100 before I swtiched to brit. Axis and PE is in the top 500 and got bored by how easy it was to play them.

That bold part there pretty much explains up why you know nothing about countering axsis Vet 3 units it also explains why you're so defensive about all things in Brit faction and complain about Wehr Vet.
You're picking straws for arguments on things that you are attempting to link together to make an argument. Go troll somehwere else.
If you go back and read, I said that if you don't play early game well as an allied player, you are going to be a world of hurt for last game. I.e., if you don't control well over 50% of the map by the 20 minute mark, you pretty much yield a win for the axis player late game. I made a comment saying that both factions are quite balanced early game, making it harder for allied players.
How am I one sided when I'm a higher rank then you on all factions? Welcome to the block list troll.
But I'll leave you with a pro RTS player tip. One thing we pros do is inovate on strats. Calling someone out on a play style only shows where you pull your strats from - tutorials to basic strats generated for new players. The rest of the higher level players could really care less about your rehash strat talk. It's like a newb saying APM matters in starcraft 2 when we know of MANY starcraft 2 players with medicore /average apm that do well.[/quote]

How can you tell what rank am i ? you can't know that .
This statement is as true as everything else you say , you pull all that out of your behind , all that PRO BS and everything else you're saying.
You have nothing to back it up , only thing you showed so far is maturity of 12year old and trash talk , nothing else.
Rank 37 ?
CoH has only 20 ranks , just so you know for the future trolling Mr PRO.
Edited by RobotDevil666 - 5/7/12 at 5:01am
post #150 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotDevil666 View Post

Rank 37 ? CoH has only 20 ranks , just so you know for the future trolling Mr PRO.

It's possible that he's referring to one of the Brit ladders, with also his mention of being in the top 100 would make it seem even more so.

Also, when you are guys going to settle your dispute and verse each other? Best of three. thumb.gif

Did I also mention that I'm REALLLLLLY excited for COH 2?
SkyNet
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-4670K @ Stock Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H 2x EVGA GeForce GTX 780 SLI Corsair Vengeance CMZ16GX3M2A1600C9 16GB (2x8GB... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB in RAID 0 Pioneer Blu-Ray Combo Drive Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Alienware OptX AW2310 120Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Gaming Keyboard Edition Corsair HX-1000W Corsair 900r Razer Mamba Gaming Mouse Blue 
  hide details  
Reply
SkyNet
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-4670K @ Stock Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H 2x EVGA GeForce GTX 780 SLI Corsair Vengeance CMZ16GX3M2A1600C9 16GB (2x8GB... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB in RAID 0 Pioneer Blu-Ray Combo Drive Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Alienware OptX AW2310 120Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Gaming Keyboard Edition Corsair HX-1000W Corsair 900r Razer Mamba Gaming Mouse Blue 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [PCG]Company of heroes 2!