First: It seems a lot of people are having this issue
[ctrl+f type "wifi"]
Second: It seems you might have to submit a ticket to HTC's technical support "http://www.htc.com/www/help/
Third: You might want to try these possible solutions offered by users at "http://androidforums.com/htc-sensation/343490-htc-sensation-wifi-problem.html
- "Only patch I found is to use static IP on the phone (of course to do that you should have basic knowledge of LANs)"
- "settings>wireless and networks>wi-fi settings>menu>advanced>wi-fi sleep policy. Set the sleep policy to 'never' and then press menu>save"
- "While your phone is trying to connect, when it says '' scanning '' , ''authenticating '' just push the refresh button on your router and it should then connect."
- "I simply plugged my phone into my laptop (which was connected to the wifi network I wanted on my phone). I did not press 'connect phone to internet via PC' or 'connect PC to internet via phone'. I pressed charge only. 10 seconds later I unplugged the phone and i had a full working wifi connection on my phone. This worked for me so no guarantees, but I hope this helps!"
- Try changing the channel to 10+
- "I find switching the wifi on, on my phone before switching my router on helps my problem since receiving ICS."
Best of luck until HTC releases a hotfix!